MAKE DREDD 2

MAKE DREDD 2

I'm on it, I will have it ready in 52 hours, wait here, I'll post to announce the premiere date.

There's a Megacity One show coming out on Netflix with Karl Urban reprising his role as Dredd. They've hinted it's going to be more comic-accurate in most details and will have characters like the Angel Gang, the Dark Judges, Pugly, etc.

Will Dredd finally get gf?

>with Karl Urban reprising his role as Dredd

Not confirmed, they there were talks.

His gf is the law.

>Not confirmed
You're an idiot if you think the producer wanting Karl back and Karl wanting to come back isn't going to make this an absolute. Unlike most other comic adaptations, the producer and director are all for fan feedback

They're making a high budget TV show called Mega City One with more comic accurate costumes and they want to keep it as close to the comics as possible. Urban is in talks and it seems really likely that he'll come back as Dredd

> with more comic accurate costumes

Those costumes don't translate to live-action man. They look great for cosplay, but for actual acting and action scenes? Did you see the Stallone movie?

Sans the codpiece the costumes were great. Hell, that, the music, and Mean Angel were the only good parts.

They looked good standing still but once people started running around in them it looked really bad.

Not everything translates to live action.

Why don't they? The Stalone movie took the uniform and turned it into a superhero outfit, if you play it seriously there isn't a problem with it, the only thing that could be silly is how they play off the shoulder eagle, and even then it's not as if it's too silly for tv

And not everything has to be changed to be more "realistic" or serious. The biggest complaint I sit on with Dredd is how boring and washed out the costumes are. The while point of Megacity One is that it's a vast, colorful metropolis admist nuclear ruin. The Judges being equally colorful and playing it straight works for the comic, and the only reason it wouldn't for TV is if the writers don't try.

This. It's basically the closest we'll get and is a damn good compromise considering Dredd himself is optional to a good 2000AD story and the film flopped hard. I think it's even canon to the movie.

Everyday Dredd stories, aside from maybe the scale of the city (which can be worked around), work better with a tv mindset anyway.

Dredd was kino af, I love how Urban didn't take off his helmet.

>udgement is comin

good for him

There's a reason Stallone was stripped down to a dirty vest in about ten minutes. There's a fine line between stylised and silly and the costumes in Judge Dredd were way way over it

Yes please

dredd wasnt that good

Directed by Zack Snnyder

that' d be fucking great actually

So if I want to start reading dredd stuff where should I start? Is there a reading order? stuff I should skip? Should I read everything and if so is there a list of an order to do it in?

Best place to start is The Complete Case Files, big phonebook-sized TPBs that collect the entire series in chronological order. You can start with volume 1, but the early years can be a bit wonky and cheesy, what with being late 70s kids' comics and all. If it gets too much, feel free to skip to volumes 4 or 5 for peak classic Dredd.
If you want something more modern, try Judge Dredd: The Pit, Origins, or America. They're all storylines collected in their own TPBs.

Why must you tell such lies user?

they also made the outfit spandex with a codpiece.

make it some kind of thick leather that isn't overly skintight, and you have something.

Judges outfits honestly resemble the oldschool highway patrol bike outfit. it's not too strange a look if you just make it resemble that, instead of spandex. that's why the Movie's redesign of the outfit worked. they just made it swat armor

but that actually works

it's weird. the first time i watched the film, i liked parts of it but somehow didn't much care for the whole experience... somehow.

i recently rewatched it and now i absolutely love this film, and it's hard for me to even imagine what the fuck i was thinking before. i love ma ma, i love the actors, i love all the little details, i love the suits, i love the plot, the sound engineering, the pacing, the visuals... everything. i literally don't know what the fuck went wrong with me that first time.

the only thing i can think of is that maybe my expectations were wrong.

i do remember thinking that i was expecting a more exaggerated dredd and a more jokey, silly, sardonic world, and that's just not what they were going for.

dredd and megacity one were portrayed about as realistically as they possibly could be, while still feeling like the comic world. it's actually amazing to me how much the world feels alive and real and yet is somehow still comic accurate. megacity one is a dystopia, and yet feels tangible and is still beautiful somehow, and the beat of the film reflects that.

>while still feeling like the comic world
It absolutely does not feel lioke a comic world.
the only comic book things in it are the uniforms and the bike, both of which look laughable out of place in the colorless Soviet Bloc style of the rest of the movie.

There's a place for the more grounded stuff in Dredd and they clearly wanted to distance between themselves and the earlier film. Hopefully the show will be able to introduce more fantastic elements

If you want a shit movie, sure.

So new thread in 52 hours?

>Leaked script in 24 hours
>Hastily thrown together Indonesian knockoff in 36 hours
>Actual film released in 60 hours after a series of delays and almost no publicity

nigger your taste is shit and doesn't belong in a Dredd thread

I've been reading Dredd for years. Snyder couldn't do it justice, just like he can't do any decent movie at all anyway. He's completely incapable of irony or any type of subtelty, and he's completely unable to tell a straight forward, self contained story with solid narrative. He has absolutely no qualities whatsoever that would make him a proper Dredd director.

Maybe he can cut a good trailer for it though.

The Stallone suit was spandex instead of leather for some reason.

>make it some kind of thick leather that isn't overly skintight, and you have something.
Also, make the zipper top offset to the side of the collar a bit instead of making it centered. Ezquerra is the only one who's always done that when drawing Judges and I fucking love it.

Also, Anderson fucking with people's minds, and the Lawgivers' multi-ammo setups, and the city blocks themselves because in reality people just don't build shit like that.

>Snyder couldn't do it justice, just like he can't do any decent movie at all anyway. He's completely incapable of irony or any type of subtelty, and he's completely unable to tell a straight forward, self contained story with solid narrative.
I legitimately cant tell if you're being serious or not but gad damn nigger, learn to take a joke

lets be honest here, for the past few years, the prog and especially dredd has been really fucking mediocre to downright forgettable and other then a handful of stories there is no signs of improvement.

thank grud for the meg

At least Deadworld is coming back Soon™.

Snyder would probably be a better fit for Heavy Metal since he loves those so much more then DC.

2000 AD needs someone like Richard Stanley.

not him, and though i do love snyder i do completely agree with you, something like Lone Sloane would be great

on the subject of films, is'nt there a rogue trooper film comin out soon or something.

Dredd sucked cock.

>Richard Stanley
Too pretentious for Dredd. I think the guys who did it were good enough. Maybe a younger Terry Gilliam could've worked, or even Sam Raimi for some gory slapstick back in the day.
If we're gonna go off the rails and make an odd pick, I'd even prefer Refn. Pretty much anybody but Snyder.

Snyder would do a killer Bad Company film, Refn's not bad but he's dong button man as far as i know.

Maybe Takahasi Miike or Villeneuve