Which era of cartoons did you mostly grow up in?

Which era of cartoons did you mostly grow up in?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/books/00/11/05/reviews/001105.05brookst.html
cbsnews.com/news/the-millennials-are-coming/
cbsnews.com/news/the-echo-boomers-01-10-2004/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Look up the definition of millennial. A mellennial is someone born in the late 80's early 90's. Generation X was before mellennials and Gen Z is after

You finally completed that chart, eh? Nice job.
Look up the spelling of "millennial". Dumbass.

A combination of Core M, Late M, & Early Z.

>2000-2006
Best by a country mile. Earlier was edgy, later gets shitty. That era was really fucking golden.

Late millennial culture and early gen Z

>dumbass
I spelled it wrong once, that doesn't take away the fact that you dipshits don't know the definitions of the words you use.

>I spelled it wrong once
Reread your own post. Dumbass.

Late millenial culture particularly avatar, and also Pokemon from core millenial culture thanks to rentals, and also that recess special they always aired for some reason.

Why exactly would you still call it Millenial if they were born and raised a decade before the new millennium?
Why did they make up a new word when most textbooks already had 1985+ labeled as Generation Y?

>y-you s-s-spelled it wrong t-twice!!
Ok, but seeing as you obviously didn't pass 8th grade English, I don't think you need to concern yourself with other people's spelling, when you don't know how to properly use everyday words.

Now that you've finally owned up to your mistake, here's the thing: that word does NOT have a set definition, and OP used a very much valid one.

Early millennial, there's fewer of us every passing day

> Which era of cartoons did you mostly grow up in?
Born in 1988, so all of it up to early Gen-Z culture. Growing up, from baby to universty graduate, is a long period of time. The only period there I don't really "get" are parts of core Gen-Z culture and games like Roblox, Minecraft, or YouTube celebrities.

>l. A mellennial is someone born in the late 80's early 90's.
It's early 80s to mid-late 90s.. There's usualy debate about exactly when to begin, but it's generay around 1980-1985. And so much stigma is attached to it that a lot of older millennials have started calling themselves xennials.

Millennials form the primary work force of the new millennium, and will soon be the most relevant demographic as the last of the previous generations collapse into old age and irrelevance.

born in 83 so early millennial culture I guess.

The Bop-It era.

That said...
>Have retarded older brother
>Literally, full never-smarter-than-a-4-year-old retarded
>Barely get to see any live cartoons growing up because he was plonked in front of the only TV
>With either old as hell shows like Thunderbirds or Captain Scarlet on tape (which I might add are pretty cool)
>Or, after 2002, CBeebies
>Ended up playing vidya most of the time because OLDER older brother gave me his Mega Drive and Gamecube
>Small school meant few friends growing up
>Parents wonder why I'm socially inept nowadays

I'm 24, so I mostly watched the cartoons of the late 90s and 2000s. However, I was basically raised on reruns of Disney Afternoon cartoons like DuckTales, Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Talespin and Gummi Bears. So it was really a weird mix of those old Disney cartoons, and some 90s and early 2000s cartoons like Spongebob, PPG, Kim Possible etc.

>a lot of older millennials have started calling themselves xennials
First I'm hearing of it.

I was banned from watching alot of things as a kid, so until i was in middle school i only watched spongebob and other stuff on nick. I wanna say early gen z is when i really started watching more stuff, but id say its a mixture of late millenial and gen z

I was born in 1988, so '90s Cartoon Network, Disney, and Nickelodeon.

I thought European kids had it easier.

Mostly the late millennial era.
>Grew up in a large town slowly growing into a small city.
>Parents were great.
>Have a little brother, piece of shit, but I actually like the degenerate for what it's worth.
>Didn't do much together due to a four year age difference.
>Kids were terrible. All my childhood friends just wanted to get in trouble and start fights.
>Small and scrawny, retreated into home. Plus, I really had to tone things down after I almost got expelled from elementary school.
>Thought the kids would've matured a little in Middle and High School, nope. They only got worse. By age sixteen, half my graduating class were hopelessly addicted to some nasty drug.
>Turned to vidya and cartoons as a means of escape.

Try having a brother who is nine years older.

Because they were teens in the 2000s. The first decade of the new millenni-um.

Though, I think they should bring back the Gen Y name to prominence. I know it's *supposed* to be the same thing as Millennials, but that word just pisses people off and is usually used as an insult, and makes them argue over whether or not they are one, or what age group it is. The Gen Y term doesn't have as much ambiguity attached to it.

Like, people born in the late 90s/early 2000s aren't millennials. They don't remember 9/11. Millennials remember 9/11, and were in K-12 for it. But late 90s/early 00sfags get called millennials in jokes/insults, because to most normies, it's not a specific range of years, it's young people who act silly or ridiculous.

Man, im not even on the chart. . . and Im kinda glad. That all looks like crap....

>using millennial instead of Gen Y

plz leave

Nobody says Gen Y anymore. Except if you're a leaf or a bong.

Leaf here. . . . . we dont. I never hear it.

I saw articles in the Globe and Mail using it

Born within your Early Gen z section, but I don't associate most of that with my childhood, I grew up with a mix of Core Millenial and late Millenial

i never hear people use it in conversation. . . . .

You must be poor or non american

Between Late Millenial and early Gen Z culture

Late 80s and early 90s? That's 5-6 years. 5-6 years is not a generation, a (social) generation is 15-20 years.

Core Mil

What I'm wondering is how millennials shifted from refering to Gen Y instead of Gen Z. Until around 2010, it was only used to refer to kids born around the turn of the millennium - then at some point it started being used to refer to kids who came of age around the turn of the millennium.

It shifted? Huh. These articles are from pre-2010 and use the latter definitions you mention.

nytimes.com/books/00/11/05/reviews/001105.05brookst.html

cbsnews.com/news/the-millennials-are-coming/

cbsnews.com/news/the-echo-boomers-01-10-2004/

oh boy.......

No early 2000s?

None. 90% of this shit never made it to my country, and by the time it did (through internet) it was old as fuck.

>Born in 86.
>Remember being fond of both 1990-1996 and 1996 to 2000.
Was the best time to be alive, desu.

For some reason, most early millennials hang out on Reddit and Neogaf, of all places.

Weird, I thought it was usually late millennials who are SJWs.

Does your past fuck your life up?
How is going for you?

>born in 2001
Late Millennial to core Gen Z are my shit.

underage b& detected

All of them

>when you expose yourself

I was born in 1997.

Core Millenial, Late Millenial, Early GenZ and Core GenZ

Tail end of Early Mill with a transition into Core Mill.

This is why you get good at math.

MODS

Core millennial, mostly.

>dumb trump/frogposter is also underage

Color me surprised.

Whatever happened to her after Nickelodeon?

core millenial, 1994, my favourite show of all time is gargoyles, because I discovered through the nostalgia critc.

It weird none of the kids my age had n64s, they all had playstations, only the older kids had n64s.