Is urban fantasy still a thing?

Is urban fantasy still a thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MUY3GVByRUs
youtube.com/watch?v=S2aHcANs4GE
youtube.com/watch?v=cJ7qA9RdpcI
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=urban unease
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well, American Gods got an adaptation recently, so it is still around. But the pop culture zeitgeist of things like Buffy, etc. being super popular has definetley passed.

I want to cum in Isis's hair.

What about shit like Supernatural?

That series is like the Simpsons in that it will seemingly never die, and even then there isnt nearly the buzz around there was in the early seasons.

As long as WASPs write about the troubles in ethnic neigbourhoods? Yes.

Its still a very popular /lit/ genre but outside of books you don't see it all that often. except maybe anime but it would be hard to call any one show Urban Fantasy, maybe Fate/ franchise.

I'm writing an urbam fantasy series, so the shit better be profitable!

Describe it is a couple of sentences.

It's also still very popular among /tg/ folks

My story or the genre?

There is this coming on Netflix next month

youtube.com/watch?v=MUY3GVByRUs

You story.

So is there a difference between urban fantasy and modern fantasy?

Should have ended at season 5

>Orc's are black people
>Shrek is basically "niggers"
Fuck, I actually kinda like this, could end up like Blade Runner 2049 and completely convince the industry that the genre is dead though

From what I understand (and take this with a grain of salt) urban fantasy is set in an urban setting, a big city, while modern fantasy is just any fantasy set in a modern day, so urban fantasy is kind of a sub-catagory of modern fantasy.
To use well known examples that everyone's seen, Harry Potter is modern fantasy, Fantastic Beasts is urban fantasy.

youtube.com/watch?v=S2aHcANs4GE

The Secret World comic series WHEN?!

TSW is great, I just honestly wish it was a singleplayer game with co-op rather than an MMO, so that they could focus on an already surprisingly good for an MMO writing, have more world interactivity and less shit combat.

Not comics/cartoons related but the Shin Megami Tensei games that take place in modern day Tokyo are pretty good for urban fantasy, although it could be argued that SMT is more post apocalypse

Sadly, big issue there is that they've already changed the system once with the new Secret World Legends, and those changes alone pissed off a lot of people, making a more revolutionary change of gameplay could alienate all one thousand players the game has left.

Also, Richard Sonnac is best niggah. Moose is best faggot. And Ricky Pagan is just best.

Hell, you could probably do an entire comicbook series on just the latter: youtube.com/watch?v=cJ7qA9RdpcI

I can't think of any animation, but one of the best examples of modern/fantasy is Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines

For (mostly) a bit more lighthearted urban fantasy, definitely check out
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=urban unease

I still don't get why almost every MMO still uses shit-tier auto attack/hotbar combat, WoW did it because it came out in 2004 and the engine was absolute fucking shit, it was a placeholder, not the be all end all.

>WoW did it
There you have your answer, almost every single MMO mindlessly tries to imitate WoW, it was the game that pretty much established the standards of the genre for years to come. But I agree, a combat system which boils down to playing piano with numerical keys fucking sucks

A Princess escapes her dimension coming into ours where she meets and trains a young man in the ways of magic. Together they fight to maintain her freedom and gain the freedom of her oppressed people from the hands of her own family.

Made for bbc

So Star Vs The Forces of Evil

Scooby Doo crossover coming soon

I've never seen it or heard about it.

If you watch it you'll hate yourself forever and give up writing

Doubt it. Not much is original these days except voice, tone and characters. Premises are pretty standard.

>will smith
>pass. fuck this movie right now
fucking pedophile

don't worry, retarded hip hop trailers seem to guarantee viewers for some reason

>or heard about it
Who are you trying to fool, you're on Sup Forums. Anyway, try watching it, with a premise like that I can guarantee everyone will think you plagiarized Star Vs.

I read or watch everything on here.
If its similar to my idea, I definitely won't watch it. I don't need it tainting my concept.

It's still a thing, but not in Sup Forums. It's shitty YA novels and Supernatural for the most part.

This is the closest we'll get to a Shadowrun movie, guys. I'm going to make the most of it.