Berganza is going to be exposed

Eddie Berganza is probably going down with harassment claims.

From Bleeding Cool
>bleedingcool.com/2017/11/09/eddie-berganza-dc-comics-buzzfeed-publishing-article/

>We understand that Group Editor of the Superman comics Eddie Berganza has informed staffers at the DC offices that Buzzfeed is about to publish an exposé all about him, and that allegations that have been made against him regarding sexual harassment.

In 2012, Bleeding Cool reported the story that such an incident was alleged to have taken place in a hotel lobby at WonderCon in Anaheim.

We received multiple reports that the subject of the original post was DC Comics then-Executive Editor Berganza, and the woman was a comic book creator in her own right, a partner of a regular DC writer, and an occasional convention reporter for Bleeding Cool.

>She did not want to be named back then — she was afraid it might damage her work prospects and wanted to move on, and we respected that. But a few weeks later, Bleeding Cool was able to name Berganza as the man allegedly responsible.

We later learnt that a number of complaints against Berganza had been made over previous years, including this one. During this period, he was demoted from Executive Editor to Group Editor, and reportedly banned from attending comic conventions for DC.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/JRtsf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I was going to copy and paste the article for others who are at work and cannot see it but it's way too much and I'm behind schedule, sorry for that.

Glad I won't have to read his writing ever ever again

I still laugh about people bitching about Luis CK. The guy built his career on being an obnoxious asshole and they are surprised he did something inappropriate to a woman? Fuck off snowflakes

>HEY WE NEED TO GET IN ON THIS SEXUAL HARASSMENT CLICKBAIT

>QUICK PRINT A STORY ABOUT AN EDITOR ASKING A GIRL OUT ITS HARASSMENT

YAAAAAASSS QUEEEEN

LLEGO LA HORA

DE LA BERGANZA

Oh no, whatever will I have to do about this outrage

KEK

> the woman was a comic book creator in her own right, a partner of a regular DC writer,
IT'S NOT BASED AMANDA CONNER IS IT?!

> and an occasional convention reporter for Bleeding Cool.
oh

>IT'S NOT BASED AMANDA CONNER IS IT?!
Conner is DTF so I highly doubt it.

How long before Kate "give me attention" Leth tries to claim someone at Marvel sexually harassed her?

How is this even news? I thought Berganza being a fucking shitstain was common knowledge for years.

Thank fuck. I don't care about the harassment, he's just a shitty editor

This is the same guy we've been hearing rumors about for years, right? This isn't something new made to capitalize on the post-Weinstein trend?

Normies have never heard about him (or Scott Allie).

How can you expose something literally everyone, fans and creators, already knows about?

Like it's not rumors, he was already in the news. This seems like clickbait.

We're not normies

Buzzfeed probably has their hands on the alleged civil settlement that he made and more testimony.

>How is this even news? I thought Berganza being a fucking shitstain was common knowledge for years.

It wasn't on the record and he suffered no major public consequences.

It's like how almost nothing in yesterday's Louis CK exposé wasn't in Gawker's piece on him five years ago, but because his accusers are finally going on record his career is now over.

>It wasn't on the record and he suffered no major public consequences.

He was demoted at DC and had to take several sexual harassment training courses. Not to mention he is widely known in the comics fandom now as a harasser. So he has suffered.

El Guapo IS FINISHED!!!!

>How can you expose something literally everyone, fans and creators, already knows about?
>Like it's not rumors, he was already in the news. This seems like clickbait.
See Weinstein

Top jej

> In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us. But as sure as my name is Lucky Day, the people of Santa Poco can conquer their own personal El Guapo, who also happens to be *the actual* El Guapo!

How the hell is that true? I've only heard good things about his behavior before this accusation. Not that it shocks me because masturbating pathetically in a corner is definitely something that sounds like him.
Did you just get triggered by his skits or his opinions?

What do you mean "exposed"? Everyone already knows about Berganza. It's the worst kept secret in comics.

Honestly the fact that he's still there is the one thing about DC that I don't like and it makes me believe that the rumors about him having something on a higher up at DC. He's a bad editor and he needed to leave yesterday.

you can take courses on how to harass? Man, that's dedication to the craft.

Out of purely academic curiosity, has Berganza ever done anything good?

Most of the Peter David books like Aquaman, YJ and Supergirl were edited under him.

it's Simone

BERZANGA

Fuckin' hell.

>dat schnaz

What's his name, again?

Man, I'm getting old.

>no new allegations is 5 years
>received punishment
>went through WB's incredibly intensive hr training
I don't understand what people expect should happen. Are they angry he's allowed to work at all?

who cares at this point?

did you EVER glace at a woman, EVER?
your going to jail now!!!!

THE TABLES HAVE TURNED!

Yes. He should've been fired years ago but he wasn't and by all accounts he's been a good boy who dindu nuffin since. This is just witch hunt bullshit.

Fuck yeah. Finally

uhoh
with Berganza out, Bendis might be a shoo-in
>can't tell if this is nice or not

hopefully it was Bendis and he gets the full Kevin Spacey

From what I'm gathering he drunkenly attempted to make out with a woman? Now, I recognize that's seen as sexual harrassment these days but am I missing another vital piece here?

Chick was a collaborator with a DC freelancer. I don't know how anyone can act as if he was using his position to further that attempt or that it was anything more than an unwanted advannce (which I willingly admit these days could get you a legal charge).

So why does it need t derail his entire life?

Again, are there stories I'm missing like him whipping his cock out in front of women or telling people they'll get a job for some smoochy smooch?

I hope Scott Allie goes down too.

It dropped:
archive.is/JRtsf
It's way too long to copy/paste, and is about the stuff from five years ago

IIRC he's a good friend of Bob Harras. Another name that should get the fuck out of DC as soon as possible.

It's okay user. It's okay.

No mention whatsoever that he went through the reportedly incredibly intensive wb hr program.

No meaning to make light of this (I wish Berganza was fired, he's a crappy editor) but unless there are new allegations what could possibly happen? He was already disciplined and demoted for what came out before.

At some point they can stop offering him new contracts. Or maybe buy him out of the current deal. But yeah, I don't really see how this is helping anyone.

probably couldn't get someone on the record about it

but if he has seriously reformed why would they stop offering him new contracts?

>Bendis jumps ship to Marvel
>suddenly DC comes under fire in the harassment hunt
Did Disney REALLY want to keep him this badly?

He's not reformed. They just barred him from working with female colleagues. Can't harass women if you make sure women can't get jobs that involve working with him.

if you didn't know this was coming once all the other allegations started coming out, you haven't really been paying attention

>and is about the stuff from five years ago

Is seems cruel to re-punish a guy for something he's already been punished for.

He didn't really get punished. He certainly didn't get appropriately punished. They did their absolute best to sweep it under the rug and protect him instead of making it up to the person assaulted.

But he's currently working with tones of women.
>I didn't know about that part of it, so I went to check. Using comicbookdb.com, I looked up the books he's currently attached to. On Batman Lost, he's co-editor with Rebecca Taylor (and two guys). He co-edits Supergirl with Jessica Chen, too. And Andrea Shea on Super Sons.
from the comments.

I'm actually a bit surprised, because I'm pretty sure the Superman office didn't have any women working in it for years

Seriously. His entire persona is him being a creep, and his some of his best pals are/were Jim Norton and Patrice O'Neal. Why is it a shocker that he's a creep, beyond him switching to pander more to masses.

You seem to have a strange idea as to what HR's function is. It's not a victim advocacy group. It's not interested in justice. It exists to protect the company from lawsuits and keep people working.

Apparently there is a list of men in comics to avoid. Does anyone have a link?

From looking at this it is the same story but the substance or spin on the allegations is that this stuff was outed and current and DC's leadership refused to act on it. Which is a fair comment, if something that probably doesn't make it less legally tricky to act on now after you've been through a formal disciplinary process.

I think Berganza already should have been fired personally. He's a shitty person and a shitty editor and it's a shame he was let off easily in the past.

BERGANZA

because he's bad at his job and this being in the news without action makes them look bad and harms their profits

I expect them to kick any response up to WB PR though since it seems like the program is not under their control

>I think Berganza already should have been fired personally.
He absolutely should've been fired at the time. However since then he's done everything asked of him by WB's HR department and there have been no further incidents. Seems he has reformed.

no further incidents that we know of, anyway

Afore mentioned Buzzfeed article is up. Not gonna bother posting it. Nothing new. What I can't understand is why people can't understand why you can't fire someone for something they were already disciplined for in the past.

who some of the women are is new

wonder if Bendis will accept working with him

imagine the shitstorm if the creator of Jessica Jones works under the supervision of a sexual harasser

he was fine with working under Ike the Kike

because Bendis is jewish too

I meant new stuff they can fire him for now. From what I gather these accounts still take place then

WAID SMASH

Look at who RT'D the piece

Social media was a fucking mistake

Waid needs to sit the fuck down. I hate when niggas like him act all big and bad and think theyre a hero for threatening a retard who defended berzanga. yes the employee is a fool to defend him but you dont earn brownie points for demanding his identitiy.

this whole Weinstein-pocalypse has shown me "male feminists" like Waid are the last people you should trustand are in fact the first niggers you shiould punch since they are also creeps (i.e amir0x, Tyler Malka on NeoGAF)

at least his flash comics were good, and i sorta liked champions

It's pretty shocking that Berganza STILL had a job there.

Did his page get removed?

It's a meme, you dip.

Yeah, I'm not DC's fucking HR. Unless that person I responded to is they shouldn't be, either. The dude deserved way worse than what he got and it's fucking absurd that women were denied opportunities in DC's editor groups because Berganza was incapable of working with women without trying to sexually assault them. And they think that that's the right punishment, preventing him from sexually assaulting women by not hiring women. Poor Eddie.

It's really not. He is coasting mostly on
a) seniority (he has been at DC the longest)
b) his contacts with lot of comics a-list like Loeb/Kelly/Johns
c) he probably has blackmail information on guys like Didio and Jim Lee.

I doubt he has blackmail. He's just friends with a lot of dudes because he's been there so long and people will justify awful actions for their friends. Most people have a friend that's done something awful that they don't talk about and overlook.

It's impossible to tell given his outbursts before

retweeted by a fake jim lee account

There has been rumors/whispers about similar shit from didio for awhile the most substantial rumor was about JG Jones ex-wife and him.

He brought together Waid, Millar, Morrison and Peyer for Superman.
He's been Morrison's editor because Morrison knows that he won't bother editing.

I wonder what the "super evil thing" that Rich Johnston bragged about knowing a few years ago was. He claimed he had something that would "sink a big two" and then never delivered on it

Hard to imagine edidin getting another editing job now, but we'll see.

I hope at least this gets him fired. He's been a dead weight at DC.

Is there a single person in the entertainment industry that hasn't been playing grab-ass lately?

no, that's literally the point

At least Whedon's shit was consensual as far as we know.

At this point they'll just change sexual harassment laws

People speculate that it's something about Perlmutter's time as a soldier with the IDF during one of the Arab-Israeli Wars (probably the Six Day War) being comparable to Jimmy Savile (probably implying he killed kids) I don't think it amounted to anything since Rich's source was probably back office gossip. And iirc there wasn't anything like that was documented to have happened. The worse cases of war crimes were POWs being massacred or Egyptian civilians getting captured and later murdered.

He's a shitty human being and it irritates the fuck out of me that they've dumped him in the Superman offices. He should've been fired years ago but if he really did do the anti-sexual harassment course what are you going to fire him for?

Waid hates Berganza for turning Bart into Kid Flash

Waid going full retard again. Constantly embarrasing himself, constantly serving those "leave all of them bastards to me, I'll deal with them" speeches, pretending he's Billy Big Bollocks. Remember what happened when D&C allegedly was going to attend a Comic Con. And what resulted from that situation?

>since Rich's source was probably back office gossip
In this fucking modern age where a rumor is enough to end careers gossip carries a lot of weight

How long before some woman comes out with allegations against Waid now?

He'll land back on his feet. Look at what happened to Scott Allie. DH fired all the accusers.