Will they ever make a movie for adults?

And I don't mean a family movie with mature elements, but something REALLY adult, rated PG-13 or R.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tqlaPttudUc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Didn’t we have this thread a couple days ago?

And no, it wouldn’t be nearly as marketable.

What if they got a really popular director to make it, like Nolan or Tarantino?

>studio is very financially stable
>still too afraid to venture into new territory creatively because m-m-muh shekels
Doesn't even have to be huge fucking budget with superstar VAs and global advertisement campaign FFS

that doesn't sells as much as you think. and the profits for an adult only movie are always way lower than one directed to a general audience and thus, those movies get canned.

Yeah, they have no excuse. If they could afford a flop like Good Dinosaur, they could easily do a movie just for grownups.

dude, what doyou think when you hear "Pixar" ?

Toy Story! Cars! Finding Nemo!

People will be pissed when they will see "mature" movie from this company

"Pixar tries adult animation!" The publicity alone would make people interested and see it. If critics love it, more people will see it. Pixar may finally win an Oscar for Best Picture.

Old Pixar yes.
Disney Pixar, no way.

Think about sausage party, that was a mishmash of kids visual style cg and adult themes

And it looked horrible

I never saw it myself, apparently it was actually better than the trailer tho

Maybe if they had a more serious style and tone they could pull this off.

yeah "sure", I bet you also think sausage party was a great movie, dont you?

but it would scare the fuck out of kids!

youtube.com/watch?v=tqlaPttudUc

It doesn't have to be an edgy lolweed comedy. It could be a war movie, a political thriller, a deep psychological drama, a GoT-style fantasy, etc.

It would most likely be under a new branding, or possibly just have PIXAR as one of several studios involved.

dreamworks should,

no need to go that far.
Get the guys behind Samurai Jack or Major Lazer. There aren't many non-comedy non-sitcom adult animation out there.
A fully featured adult animation movie that is not based on cape would be a step further from liberating animation from the age ghetto.

>sausage party
>adult movie
sausage party was crude toilet humor movie aimed at teens

this is the only scenario where I could see pixar doing animated movies, just dont forget that a lot of the general public still keeps the belief that
animated = for children/familiar

this, certain themes can be explored better in animation. fantasy, and sci-fi movies waste a ton on CGI trying to make unreal things look real, with cartoons you don't have that problem, just work with your animation style

>implying half the movies that have ever been made for mature audiences dont go directly to the low hanging fruit of sex or cheap gore

It could also be by a studio that excels at that stuff rather than Pixar who does family works for no other purpose than, "It'd be different!".

Do you also think McDonalds should open up a gourmet restaurant with their brand name and BET should air more sitcoms featuring white people?

Remember Treasure Planet?
They had nice CGI, but it failed.
There is no demand for such movies.

A ton of movies yeah, but all I'm saying is Sausage Movie ain't an adult movie. It may be rated as one but adult audiences are not it's primary target group.

Treasure planet was still too soft and too "kiddy".

Titan AE also failed.

it's also a kids story, jesus do you even know what adult movies are? protip: it has nothing to do with amount of sex and violence.

>it has nothing to do with amount of sex and violence.
then it's not an adult movie

That's precisely why anime encompasses so many genres and demographics. Japan doesn't waste hundreds of millions of dollars in realistic CGI, they simply animate all that.

I liked the western short they did. I kinda want more of that.

are you serious right now or just trolling?

The latter, sorry.

no, I figured as much but wanted confirmation

Those movies failed because they didn't commit all the way to mature audiences, same problem with The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Define adult. Because often people think family guy when they hear adult animation and get confused at anything different from that.

Honestly I think it would have been better if Disney had pixar make marvel's movies. Comics are usually better when turned into animations.

Pixar is makign sequels ordered by Gisnep

Why would they? What would even be the point? Pixar has already proven multiple times that they can cover adult topic and themes. Do you even know what an "adult" movie is, or do you just have the shallow assumption that blood and cursing somehow makes a movie more "adult"?

>toy story 4
Let it die already.

>fourth most profitable disney franchise

Because you can't market merchandise for an adult film the same way you can for family/children's films

You retards fail to see that most money in animated films comes from merchandise, not the box office and home sales

tell that to eople from 80s who made cartoons based on nearly every popular film.

Yeah that's an example of good adult animation, not fucking Sausage Party

>Movie with literal talking merchandise that all the kiddies will want for Christmas
Yeah right

Pixar didn't officially make that.

>will they ever decide that, no, they don't want any of that toy and merchandise money, thank you?

No.