The Fox-Disney Talks Aren't Dead Yet

cnbc.com/2017/11/10/pencils-arent-down-on-disney-21st-century-fox-deal.html

>Fox shares jump as "pencils aren't down" on possible Disney deal

Told you. Disney may end up not buying out Fox after all, but the two companies are still in talks. The deal may still happen yet.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantin_Film
dailysuperhero.com/2014/01/fox-bought-all-batman-tv-rights-for-new.html)
youtube.com/watch?v=DPpTIOTxgVQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It better happen only way im getting mvci is if theres mutants and xmen in it

Disney wants the full rights to Star Wars for their streaming service along with the other content. Fox knows that so the pressure is on Disney to make a better offer rather than them.

Why is it Fox still only has rights to the first Star Wars film?

Lucas traded them for merchandising rights and complete control over the series.

It's actually one of the worst business moves ever made on Fox's part.

Fox put up some cash to fund the production of ANH. For the remaining five films (besides The Clone Wars and the post-Disney films), Lucasfilm put up all the production money, while Fox was strictly the distributor.

Fox bet all their money and marketing on betting “The Other Side of Midnight” would be the big hit so no one but Alan Ladd Jr thought Star Wars would work.

go baby go. i want nightcrawler, colossus, storm, etc. treated like the A-listers they were in the late 70s-late 90s.

What else they have? Avatar, Alien ...

I want Disney to tell James Cameron that no one actually cares about the story of Avatar and tell him to go fix the mess Ridley Scott made of the Alien series.

Soon

there's been enough Aliens.
Same as Star Wars and Star Trek.

I just want one more good one to ignore Prometheus and Covant to redeem the series atleast. Then it can die.

Idris Elba as the Beyonder

>The Symbiote Suit finally gets its true origin on the big screen
FUCKING PLEASE

First you gotta get Sony to stop thinking they can make their own universe

Predator, Kingsman, Die Hard, Independence Day, Planet of the Apes, The Omen, MASH, Kung Pow, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Ice Age, The Simpsons, Futurama, King of the Hill, Family Guy, Bob's Burgers, The X-Files, Batman '66 (home video and merch rights licensed back to Batman's owner, WB), American Horror Story, and a bunch of other stuff.

So to make movies Predator, I D, Avatar, Alien, and Apes, after that a bunch of adult cartoons, The X-Files and American Horror Story

Pretty much, unless they also feel like rebootinig The Omen, Die Hard, MASH, or Rocky Horror.

Also, Blue Sky (the creators of Ice Age, The Peanuts Movie, and some other CGI animated films) would probably get folded into either Disney proper or Pixar, in the event of a Fox-Disney merger.

>rebootinig

Damn it. Meant to say "rebooting".

It'd be nice to get most of the outstanding rights under one roof again. X-men obviously, Deadpool and FF as well.

Honestly, I think the original Star Wars is a big reason why Disney is interested. Fox owns the rights in perpetuity. Disney has to make new deals with them every time they want to re-release it or port it to a new streaming service. Getting the rights gets them the entire franchise under one roof.

Obviously, certain major franchises are also a really sweet spot. Avatar could especially be a nice deal sweetener for them now that the sequels have finally begun filming.

Doesn’t that one German company get in the way of the Fantastic Four rights?

Wait, which one?

Pretty sure it's just Fox.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantin_Film

The problem is that most of Fox's film properties are dead in the water or inactive.

The second Independence Day was supposed to be the start of a huge new film franchise for them. Avatar is really up in the air with how long it has been since the first movie. (with the original having aged like milk)

>The problem is that most of Fox's film properties are dead in the water or inactive.

Hence the probable reason why Rupert Murdoch's sons would want to sell off the films and TV shows, and refocus the company exclusively on news and sports.

Wouldn’t that basically turn 21st Century Fox back into NewsCorp?

>People excited for a burgeoning monopoly and PG Deadpool

Pretty much. I wonder which company would keep the rights to the "20th Century Fox" name and logo: Disney or 21st Century Fox/NewsCorp 2.0?

I imagine 21st since they will still own the channels. Disney would basically get all the film and television libraries.

Does that mean we'll get a Simpsons/Mickey cross over? Oh boy!

Doctor Dolittle
Home Alone
Goosebumps (TV rights)
Night At The Museum
Firefly
Batman (Live Action TV Rights - dailysuperhero.com/2014/01/fox-bought-all-batman-tv-rights-for-new.html)

>Rocky Horror

Finally, Dr. Frank-N-Furter can be the replacement for Captain America in the MCU.

I hope it’s Tim Curry and not that remake bullshit they pulled last year

Is consolidating the oligopoly from 5 to essentially 4 (who gives a fuck about Fox News and football) really worth it just to not pay rolyalties to Netflix?

>But m... muh X-Men!

If you think this merger is in any way a good thing you're subhuman filth.

>Night At The Museum Disney Jr. cartoon where every night different mannequins and things come to life to teach kids about things like the The Revolutionary War or The Apollo Missions
Wouldn't be so bad.

Disney is going to make the family guy animated movie for fox

>Family Guy getting on the same filmography as Fantasia
This would be the single moment I'd call animation officially dead.

>I hope it’s Tim Curry and not that remake bullshit they pulled last year

It'll probably be the fat black Glee version.

youtube.com/watch?v=DPpTIOTxgVQ

>the pressure is on Disney
Only until Singer's shenanigans get exposed.

Deadpool would be fine in PG-13. It takes more talent to make him funny without the crutch of gore and saying “fuck” every 5 seconds.

Don’t even try to pretend it wouldn’t be true to the character, because it’s not like his comics are rated R. Just have him bleeped in the new movies, you can even have a meta joke where he keeps trying to swear but can’t get around the bleeps.

Good.

Now Disney can buy back X-Men and Fantastic Four and bring them into the MCU.

Then we can finally have some GOOD X-Men movies.

if Disney buys 20th century fox it would mark the end of modern cinema as we know it

>implying
Shouldn’t you be busy raping little boys, Bryan Singer

Yes, Disney is probably one of the few companies that has no qualms about betting everything online, the market is switching hard to the internet and cable is getting left in the dust. Next generation is a money bomb and they want to be in the best position to take advantage of it.

The person behind that decision probably contemplated suicide after Star Wars became the cultural icon it is today.

>ara ara, what does user want with an old househusband like me~

THIS
H
I
S

It'd be everything in their entire film and television library so tens of thousands of hours of content.

It'd be worth just for the chance of Adult Swim losing access to all of the McFarlane material.

After Inhumans and
Miscast with

Tilda Swinton - Ancient One
Brie Larson - Captain Marvel
Idris Elba - Heimdall
Tessa Thompson - Valkyrie
Zendaya - Mary Jane

I doubt it

You mean after Ike tried to fuck X-Men fans over, then stupidly gave Inhumans a small budget, then tried too hard to push them on while all the writers actually wrote them as complete idiots?

I mean, if anything, Feige will unJUST the team.

What would happen to all of Fox's currently on-going shows? Since apparently all they want to keep is "news" and sports and Disney can't own and network would all of Fox's entertainment shows just be cancelled? Lucifer and Gotham would definitely be done.

"The Other Side of Midnight franchise is gonna be so huge, guys!"

Theyre already doing a Bobs Burgers movie.

The Other Side of Midnight Box Office = $24,652,021
Star Wars Box Office = $775.4 million

>one off
Sad!