I don't care about movie quality or anything

Post favorite visual effects in Sup Forums shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WfV-0Yv5vNY
youtube.com/watch?v=SBe1hwg7V-M
youtube.com/watch?v=bpLXI4w2nuc
youtube.com/watch?v=Xt2CJfoZ4UE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They did Zack Snyder better than Zack Snyder.

This is what I was thinking the whole time

you know what's a good movie. Guardians of the Galaxy, let's do that again.

can we talk about how fucking horrible the opening scene was? It was so dreadful it made me question Marvel Studios as a whole. The PS2 looking villain he was facing and the chain quips Thor was spitting out rapid fire was one of the worst scenes in the MCU. Also, Thor movies are not the time for Led Zeppelin.

What ARE thor movies for, user? Because last I recall, hardly anybody liked the other two. This time, they decided to go for the kind of thing that a led zeppelin fan would airbrush onto the side of his panel van, and at that they succeeded.

t. Led Zeppelin fan

It doesn't fit the tone. They should have kept the tone, kept the idea of different planets and Hela and shit, but keep led zeppelin out of it.

They were trying to do with the 70s what GotG did with the 80s.

The difference is GotG went full in on the 80s with the soundtrack being full of 80s music and the main character full of 80s culture.

Thor just went for the occasional 70s neon, immigrant song, and a song from willy wonka and called it good.

I halfway like what they did with the neon, futuristic, trash city, and halfway don't. The arena thing with Jeff Goldblum was fucking great, I loved his character. I just can't get over the fact that they actually put this immigrant song into the movie. It's so random, and comes out of nowhere.

the willy wonka song was GOAT i'll admit that

The cape from the Spawn movie blew my mind when it came out

I mean its got a norse vibe to it, and the whole 70s thing.
Really, it was a no brainer, the main problem was that it was one of the few 70s songs actually in the movie.

one of the best films at giving a comic book panel feel I've seen with the slow mo scenes

What video game?

GOTG music isn't 80s you fuckin tard

holy shit i want to watch this now

I really liked the opening scene. He used the hammer like never before. And the dragon chase was really good.
I love Surtur.

The opening fight scene was great. It felt like one from the Kirby run, where there was more focus on him as a brawler rather than shooting lightning.

The moment he jumps into the crowd with thunder god mode and that stupid song starts playing

Don't.

You've got those numbers the wrong way around, man.

>He used the hammer like never before
That was so cool, it really was KIrby as fuck. But I felt like the jokes took away from it. The "hold on let me spin back around" like three times and stuff. I dunno. I don't hate jokes, I just think some dramatic moments should be allowed to be dramatic.

So if the Valkyries were slaughtered by Hela, why didn't she escape?

No info, for all we know she might have run around the cosmos for centuries after the valkyries were killed before Odin managed to imprison her or it happened ten seconds after.

>Post favorite visual effects in Sup Forums shit
This is from CW's Flash ( so it's extremely low budget and cheesy ); but I don't care I was grinning like an idiot anyway.

thats fucking awesome

Jumping the gun here but that bit from the Black Panther trailer where it looks like T'Challa is having a dream and he's in a field and the sky is purple and there's a tree with a bunch of Panthers in it looks awesome.

YO HO HO HE TOOK A BITE OF GUM GUM

That was my favorite part of the trailer. I've seen European, Asian, and Native mysticism represented in pop culture before, but not Sub-Saharan African (even if it's fictional).

did they spend their entire budget on this? the cgi for the rest of the movie was video game tier and the norway cgi job was awful as fuck.

I'm partial to this scene

The opening of Amazing Spider-man 2

youtu.be/WfV-0Yv5vNY

I thought the web-swinging was done really well, the tension on his body through the swings and the overall physics of his movement

This

If Norse Gods fighting Demons isn't an appropriate use of the Immigrant Song what fucking is?

When The Levee Breaks fits better

The whole film was more of a art book than it was a movie. A damn good art book though.

If the scene was a slow-motion pan-out maybe.

Immigrant Song is probably the most entry-level of their songs besides Stairway to Heaven.

So are Black Panthers powers mystic or scientific (the product of a super serum)

Fuck yes I loved the web swinging in TASM 2.

I would also add the Times Square scene too because it was a treat to watch in IMAX.

They're spiritual in that there is a panther god, but most of his abilities come from physical training, vibranium, and an herb that all black panthers eat that gives them above average speed/strength.

I really hope the next Spider-man movie has webswinging like this again.

It's both. He's got to consume a heart shaped herb that only the Wakandan royal family can safely eat to gain the Black Panther powers. But there's a panther god(des) who I think is Bastet who bestows the powers on the individual.

and they're both among their best songs
let's not turn this into a Sup Forums thread though

If this was a videogame boss, it would be impossible to beat. she can throw the swords too far

looks like the flash gordon theme should be playing at this scene

youtube.com/watch?v=SBe1hwg7V-M

Let's take a moment to thank god that video game tie-ins have died.

That attack would have a huge wind-up time, you'd just have to get in and do damage in between takes.

they also got the lead guy from Devo to do the entire soundtrack which is why it's fucking amazing

Pretty much any effect involving the Iron Man suit looks amazing.

And cut it to shit in true marvel fashion, completely undermining the intensity of the scene...

That's pretty sick actually.

ASM2 was visually great, and that opening is the best Spider Man has looked in a movie, bar none.

Look at the lengths they went to animate him.

youtube.com/watch?v=bpLXI4w2nuc

Shame about the actual movie

DREAMIN'

>Warriors 3 were the Agent Sitwell of the movie

>Fast paced song about vikings
>Not appropriate for a fast paced action movie about a viking god

I want to marry Hela.

What bothered you about it? I thought it was entertaining.

>muh quips

hows Erza fag flash going for ya? quips are in comic movies, deal with it and drop the copy past criticism.

>ripping off Zack Snyder
Jesus christ

yea I agree. why rip off such a shit director?

>not the time for Led Zeppelin
And when exactly is it time for Led Zep, fag?

The first time this happened was great but the second time was mindblowing. It was like that brain expanding meme for real.

Just like ZS

Thor is in my top three marvel characters. I'm a huge Simonson fan, have read the Lee/Kirby stuff, J. Michael's short run, & a lot of other shit. Now that I'm done qualifying, I'll say this fucking movie was tits. Yeah, it was definitely goofy at times, but I'd say the humor landed better than both guardians movies. I saw Surtur destroying Asgaard, Thor actually kick Hulk's ass, & a good amount of Thor being Thor. If this is the start of a new slate of Thor movies, consider me hooked.

This. I really felt like they cut a lot from the movie. Having a full flashback to this fight would be so much better, would make Valkyries decision to join Thor more mindful.

Fuck the police I like this movie even though it has a bunch of flaws. It did more good than bad for me.

>Valkyries in flight in the light
>Hela jumping against a shadowy background
This was the last time they talked as friends.

I want that dragon gif.

The scene that won over Sup Forums.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xt2CJfoZ4UE

I miss season 1.

>disabling the dragon by abusing the worthyness enchantment yet again
That was nice, it always pops up when I forget it's a thing. How often has that happened?
>pinning Loki to the Bifröst
>Quicksilver getting dragged along after reaching out for Mjölnir
>Muspelheimian dragon
>pinning Loki again to get him to Talk

I also liked that they used the "Mjölnir always returns to my hand, no matter if your head's in the way" scene from the Simonson comics. Even if it carried less impact.

The heavy synths on Sakaar were great and there was this really distinct heavy metal screaming guitar cue that played when Valkyrie appeared during the spaceship chase toward the anus. I thought that was really cool.

I wonder how smug and above-all people who complain about complaints being made all the time feel. like it invalidates it any. argue it or fucking head home. fucking retards.