Buyfag/Shelf thread

Pre-emptive thread since my shit hasn't arrived yet but

BSC just put COPRA: Round one back on sale but I also just ordered the JLI omnibus and due to import prices to the UK it's pretty much equivalent if I buy the first 3 volumes of COPRA. Does anyone know a good place that won't charge me through the roof for COPRA in the UK? Also hows the quality of the JLI omni?
I've also read JLI before online, it's what got me into comics when I was younger while COPRA I haven't read but love what I've seen of the art.

Other urls found in this thread:

bergenstreetcomicspress.bigcartel.com/
imagecomics.com/uploads/releases/_main/SagaDeluxe_Book02-1.png
youtube.com/watch?v=2mcsKljfR74
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>COPRA I haven't read
its basically a fan comic of Ostrander's Suicide Squad

I heard the JLI omnibus had a shit ton of issues with it. Particulary out of order pages and missing dialogue even.

Not OP but really I was thinking about getting it but I guess I’ll just get the Fourth world omnibus

>I heard the JLI omnibus had a shit ton of issues with it
It has two pages that are out of order, one text bubble with missing dialogue two issues that use inferior scans. All of which are apparently getting fixed in the re-print.

>All of which are apparently getting fixed in the re-print
God damn it, I'm just gonna send my copy back then.
Any date on that?

Fucking DC trade department...

I also got it. The mistakes are there, but I got it for 45 bucks instead of 100. I can live with it.

>45 bucks
US Dollaridoos? I'm UK and cheapest I could get was £55

Oy. That's still livability.

>Deathstroke
We got a date on a deluxe for that yet?

Yeah U.S. Amazon had it at 45 so I jumped on it. Then it steadily got higher.

Not yet, but you bet I'll be getting it.

They fucked up the Orion omni too by sticking all the backup stories in the back and not having a way of figuring out which backup stories go to which issues. It's ridiculous how retarded DC can be with non-Absolute omnis.

>Does anyone know a good place that won't charge me through the roof for COPRA in the UK?
bergenstreetcomicspress.bigcartel.com/

>£48 for 2 volumes
What's even more annoying is that Forbidden Planet were selling them £12.95 a piece but don't have vol 1

Quite being a jew and just buy them.

>Enigma, written by Peter Milligan and illustrated by Duncan Fegredom, will come back as a sole volume.

Should I /shelf/? Yes or YES?

I just got that Akira box set. my dick is so hard

Ok Sup Forums would you guys recommend getting the invisibles omnibus?

I'm a student nigga, not Jewish, I already bought 4 Hellboy Library Editions this year as well as Essex County

I only just started reading the series online and I wish I had physical copies, so yes, you should.

I’ve been meaning to get that After I bought the nuassica box set how is it anyways?

Then just buy one trade at a time.

Fuck it, you're right. I'll return my JLI omni till the reprint(hopefully it actually happens) and buy this to tide me over.
Thank you for pushing me not to be a faggot user

>no "/On Sale" beside the price tag
Wait am I retard who just pre-ordered?

No. Get the deluxe editions instead.

Did they fix the coloring mistake on issue 11 of Deathstroke?

FUCK Yes!

Is it oversized? I'd buy a new edition, it's my favorite Vertigo series

theres two possibilities, this being a mexican reprint:
a) will be a trade of usual size with just the comics reprinted
b) slightly oversized trade reprinting the US trade.
I´ll wait and see.

I bought copies of this book every time I could find one for less than $15, and would just give them away to friends.

I honestly believe it's one of the best sort comics ever written.

Thank you btw, Ill get it when its avialable, also getting multiple copies fo firends sounds like a great idea.

Reposting my last few purchases
Fancy artsy alternative elite stuff, part 1

FAAES pt 2

Pleb manchild capeshit part 1

PMC pt 2

Random stuff

And my Creepy HC, just to show off.

I need to sort out all my shit so I can take some actual shelf pics.

Or if you have a lower budget, the softcover deluxes. I think 2 of them are out so far

Seems too uncomfortable to actually read.

heh heh heh...

Is that Flash Gordon by Jeff Parker omni worth buying?

Hell if it's even rereleased in a hardcover I'd get another copy

Im fairly certain that it wont, mostly cause they just released this Sandman Overture, and their hardcover schedule is more or less 1 every 3 months with vertigo.

Hola, my fellow beaner. Argie whitey from the previous threads here.
Good to see DC Mexico is actually doing decent work. We have no Vertigo announces from ECC Argentina.

Hola mi negro
>decent work
Im wouldnt call it decent, I would just call it work, as I said in other threads, Televisa is having a hard time fighting inside their own but yeah I agree that they have some topnotch vertigo titles...when they actually come out.

We also have to wait forever for shit to come out, and when it does, it's King's Batman and the shitty Harley Quinn and Suicide Squad Rebirth books. You might not have it as good as Spain, but you're way better than us.

I know that and Im glad I have half the shit I have thanks to televisa, i just dont want to feel better than Argies, or worse than Spanirads.
I defend the good choices they make and criticize when they are just fucking up.

Last few things I got. Mostly trying to branch away from the big 2. Wondering if the tmnt comics are worth checking out

Love what Higgins is doing with mmpr and the wife loves saga

Forgot to attach

>and criticize when they are just fucking up.
As you should. Being in a better state than us shouldn't keep you from bitching when they do a shit job. I'll never understand people who think you shouldn't ask for better things because at least you're getting something. As if they were giving it to you instead of selling it.

Got my sister the Ms. Marvel omni since she's starting to get into comics and really liked the first trade.

Thinking of picking up the Kyle Rayner trade that just came out. How is it?

Posted this on the last thread but these book ends gotta be shown off

Is that Saga a hardcover? It looks solid.

Awesome
I want it and the Kesel Superboy that comes out January

Repostin'

My purchases for the last month. Haven't read any of them yet.

No it's trade. I usually get my books trade cause I hear horror stories of hardcovers wearing out easily. I'm onto vol 3 and also some more valiant books

My bookends are just piles of books that wouldn't fit in the shelf if placed horizontally.

*if placed vertically

Hope you enjoy bloodshot. It's pretty decent

>The Unworthy Thor
>Lemire Moon Knight
Otherwise good taste.

All euro, I know. I was looking for the 3 Tex willers on the right, but all the other stuff was cheap (and brand new, excluding the Asterix in Belgium) so...

I have a geode, half a stone mushroom, and a pair of cast iron Irons.

Wait, what's wrong with those 2?
>not the same user

I am that user. What's wrong with them, user?

Unworthy Thor is just one big cock tease and Lemire's Moon Knight is a slog of a read(In that it's decompressed to shit and continues to recycle the is Khonsu real or is he part of his delusion stuff but worse than before) which ends rather poorly and it's only carried by the artists. And fans of Lemire's have said that they feel that he kinda phoned it in as well.

I've read Unworthy already, I agree with it being a cocktease.

What language is this?

Finnish

I've not picked up much of anything beyond the newest volume of the Ultraman manga and I just won the Batman Incorporated deluxe hardcover for $6.50 total on EBay. Wish they'd release a deluxe or omni for Morrison's Batman &Robin.

Anybody know if the hardcovers for the New 52 Batman Incorporated are deluxe sized or regular size?

If.

I loved the series, along with Dynamite's pulp Green Hornet series (Year One, Kato Origins, and Waid's run).

>If.
Don't you try to censor me, autocorrect! I said 'unf' and there's no stopping me!

Glad it's getting a reprint.
That said, I'll bite the bullet and risk errors for the Fourth World Omni.

Cool. I thought so for a moment, but then I thought it was too few vowels.
Is there any great stuff from your country? I remember some heroic fantasy comic posted a few days ago. Was it you?

Is it wise to buy Halo Jones now or wait for the re-release?
This is what volume 2 of the hardcover looks like.
imagecomics.com/uploads/releases/_main/SagaDeluxe_Book02-1.png
I heard they are decent. I wish there was a cheaper release of the older pre cartoon issues though.
I want it but I'm lacking space already. It's six hardcovers and an art book.
youtube.com/watch?v=2mcsKljfR74

Only bought Paper Girls since this. Read all but the Halloween comics outside of that awful Grimm's book.

Hey, don't you dare unfing at my Creepy books!

I'll be interested to see a physical version of that thing. I'm happy just going with he recent paperbacks, hope New Gods gets solicited soon to go with the Mister Miracle and The Demon ones.

Unrelated but after doing some digging on the JLI I found a board called CollectedEditions.
Buy threads and JSA threads I really use for proper discussion due to shitposting but this place seems pretty well informed, anyone post there?

Batman Inc doesn't have a Deluxe Edition yet, it's just that weird hardcover format DC does for some titles before they put out a paperback.

Ideally when DC does give Inc the Deluxe treatment it'll come with the new pages form the Absolute version.

glad someone posted an unboxing. I have no idea how to store this book. it can't be good to keep them stored spine up like that

Read Tea Dragon and the two manga on top.

Going though Swamp Thing since I bought that other Moore series. I don't hate it but it's a bit of a let down. Got better as it goes on though.

The Mr Miracle one is so good

>Is there any great stuff from your country?
"Kersantti Napalm" is nice. The Moomins is pretty old, but I like especially the strips of it. There are some other strip comics I like too, but some of them usually lean on word games so I'm not sure If they are translated.

>Was it you?
No. But I'm pretty sure you're talking about "Kersantti Napalm"?

Not really sure how Napalm fits in the category of heroic fantasy, but it's the only Finnish thing I've seen posted in the last week or so.

It’s my birthday and this is my haul.

Let us know how Plain Janes is

No, there was one called "children of..."

>its basically a fan comic of Ostrander's Suicide Squad
my dick

BUMPÖ

I have an Absolute with a whole page of dialogue missing. I gave up reading it.

Wish I brought it with my to Comic-Con though, had Alex Ross sign it, make it worth something.

Got the akira box set for good deal at around 160 cad so i just couldnt help myself

Also shelf

I read up to issue 2 and if that teasing goes on for the entirety of the miniseries then yeah i can see why it's not well liked

For some reason i hadn't come across anyone who didn't suck that series' dick whenever it's brought up,but that is my biggest complaint about it as well, so i'm gessing the issues i haven't read yet are just going to be more delusions as well

I liked castaliuchi’s Shade and Rugg’s Street Angel so I have some expectations.