Um... we need to talk

um... we need to talk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xoho9I3B2II
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Problem?

Is Apu coming out?

is this about the same ad I've been seeing for weeks?

Twenty-eight years too late I think.

Let me guess: RACISM! WHITE PEOPLE! RACISM! WHITE PEOPLE!

>App, you're gay

why are there so many "comedians" who have never told a single joke in their entire lives lately?

well if apu is the biggest complain they have then i guess it's safe to assume indians have it pretty great and have shit to complain about, same with women who bitch about being called sluts or black people who don't want other people wearing some hair styles

indians feel left out of victimhood

so instead of trying to dismantle the remants of their racist caste system, protect the rights of women against backwards traditions/islam/hinduism, or even bring proper toilet habits to their homeland, they lash out against one of the objectively best characters on the simpsons

...but fixing real problems is HARD!

>Claim Appu is a racist stereotype
>Best recurring jokes is how all the characters expect him of this but frequently they get BTFO by how surprisingly knowledgeable and meta he is

not to mention half an episode about how he's the only worthwhile bachelor in town

>get representation and exposure compared to other race
>complain

All i got was a tow truck driver skit. Fuck off

So I guess this guy got picked on as a kid over Apu... but what he fails to realize is kids would have already done that because he didn't fucking invent those stereotypes, and bullies never needed the Simpsons for ammunition. We all got picked on from time to time as kids. You will never ever eliminate that. Kids are cruel.

Yes?

They are laughing stocks

>has his own shop.
>defied his own culture because he felt it wasn't right.
>sided in favor of its heritage because he felt the right thing to do.
>has saved other people's lives.
The problem it's that modern Indians can't get as successful as this great man has been, and they envy a fictional character.

>Literally the best guy there is in Springfield
Snake handlers have a better claim to poor rep in that show than this guy does.

What's going on in this thread?

>the problem with apu is that he become best character on the show after everyone else got butchered by shitty writing.
I know, right?
He isn't even white, I hope the guy win its battle, and the only character that is still remotely good gets out of the show.

They should kill him and have him convert to Christianity on his deathbed. Just to fuck with them.

Literally every Simpsons character is a stereotype.

EVERY character in The Simpsons is a stereotype or an archetype. Why is Apu singled out.

Sounds like someone leaning towards CENSORSHIP to me. How very unAmercan.

>strangely attractive?
that is one persistent meme.

He's divorced?

>Has his own shop
Doesn't every Indian, Chinese and Arab have his own shop? How is that even success?

Not to mention probably the nicest/sanest secondary character

Say what you want about him being voiced by a white dude, but Apu is a pretty benevolent racial stereotype. What else do we need to talk about?

POO

IN

MART

>bring proper toilet habits to their homeland
They would probably fuck it up by using western sitting toilets.

I DOOOOOOO

The guy who made that documentary can fuck off. I've known a bunch of Indians who watched The Simpsons and thought Apu was the best character.

SUPERPOWER

The crossover I never knew I wanted, but am still not sure that I want.

Thank you come again

I think its American Indians that feel left out of the victim hood.

The guy who made the documentary looks and sounds like such a total buzzkill.
youtu.be/xoho9I3B2II

Because people use Apu as an insult I guess. Where as no one calls a cop a chief Wiggum, or a Scotts man Willie, or a fat lazy guy a homer. Apu is just easy to emulate. But to make a movie out of this is stupid. This goes in the issue of ive been made fun of in the past for how I look and sound.

Nah, the beginning for the wedding episode established he was the best bachelor in town. Hard worker, had a steady job, owned a house, reasonably intelligent.