Eddie Beganza called out for sexual harassment

That editor is Eddie Berganza, the group editor of the Superman office, who has been working at DC for over two decades and is currently overseeing Dark Knights Metal, DC’s bestselling crossover.

Former female DC staffers described incidents with Berganza to Buzzfeed, from inappropriate comments to groping and unwanted kissing. Five female employees filed a group HR report on his behavior in 2010, motivated by the news that he was in the running for the position of executive editor. Those five women told Buzzfeed that they were assured that measures would be taken, but Berganza was still promoted to executive editor. The position was redefined so that he wouldn’t interact directly with subordinates.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/JRtsf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

And we're meant to be surprised?

This has literally all come out before and Berganza was demoted and disciplined. And there's already a thread up.

Realistically what do DC do here except not renew his contract next time it's up for renewal? They would get sued for anything else. They might even get sued for that given he's apparently complied with all conditions of his disciplinary action.

This has just come up as clickbait because of the crop of sexual harassment scandals and Buzzfeed wanting to get in on the act as far as comics go. The people have named themselves, which is great, and I truly wish Eddie had been fired at the time - but this has already had action taken on it. Unless he himself resigns, I'm pretty sure nothing is going to happen.

Nope. But its telling me to be on the lookout for SJW DC.
Their Chad card is about to be taken.

There's already a thread and this isn't news, fuck off Sup Forums or whatever shithole you came from

Everyone knows about Berganza being a shit.

This

>the pendulum swings back again to DC being wrong about everything
You're a fucking casual more invested in your own and other people's ideology than anything comic-related. Please KYS.

>Implying this wasn't all orchestrated by Bendis the Jew to seed his way into having the control he had at Marvel. It's done. Capeshit is dead.

I want to make a tasteless Bazinga reference.

And to clarify: it is a shocking misstep that DC 1) didn't fire him at the time 2) hasn't ended his contract at the numerous opportunities they must have since then.

This coming out *again* is entirely of their own making, so they've got to take the flak they get. Keeping Eddie has undoubtedly being damaging to their books (he's shit at his job) and their personnel (he is a shit person, especially around other people).

Isn't he the reason New 52 Red Hood was so shit?

He's running the office representing truth, justice and the American way.

They couldn’t fire him before because he blackmailed and had dirt on the higher ups.
It wasn’t until Weinstein was outed did people started saying stuff.

Are you somehow implying that Berganza isn't a fucking scumbag that should have been fired over this well known shit years ago?

That just sounds like conspiracy bullshit but sure, I don't know. I think it's way more likely they had a Hollywood type talent situation where HR were unwilling to move harshly on someone who was perceived as talent/a friend of higher-ups.

Which is an office culture thing that DC really shouldn't have, but anywhere can have that kind of shit going on. They should use this as an excuse to clean house going forward and speak as publicly about the Berganza thing as they can (which is probably not at all, honestly).

Nope. He's a fucking scumbag that should have been fired a long time ago

These uppity cunts are getting out of control.

> DC's bestselling crossover

thanks for letting us know this isn't a serious thread

You know all your favorite superheroes were made up by Jews, right?

It's not conspiracy. It's just the fact that because the other shit is in the headlines republishing this gets you pageclicks. No one gives a shit about comics but they care about assault stories right now.

But they're not Bendis the Jew. Also, Steve Ditko wasn't a Jew regardless.

steve ditko was an artist. he didnt make the characters

>He's a fucking scumbag

why?

He repeatedly sexually assaulted his female coworkers and employees? That is what he was demoted for, user.

Basically the only thing that could make this one different is if one of the incidents hasn't been something DC is already aware of, which seems unlikely.

He pretty much did considering what the Marvel Method at the time was. The only real contributions Lee had was conceptual and final say on dialogue. Also, there's Question and Blue Beetle, which he was writer for. Stan the Man really loves screwing people over.

You realize there are witnesses right? This isn't just accusations. EVERYONE in comics knows he's trash. Do your research. He's not even the worst one out there.

He's also a shitty editor and they put him on "big" stuff simply because he can't fuck it up.

Stan was a dick but Ditko has a terrible case of autism.

Literally has nothing to do with the topic at hand though.

>demoted
He was promoted and they forbade women from working in the Supermen department.

Jack Kirby was also a Jew, not to mention Joe Simon for Captain America, Bob Kane and Bill Finger for Batman, Siegel and Shuster for Superman, Martin Nodell for Green Lantern, Mortimer Weisinger for Green Arrow, etc.

It does when you say that Stan screwed Ditko over when he was just as unreasonable.

The "Superman" (it was really just JL2, if we're being honest) assignment was a demotion. And they still had women creators there, just not editors.

>tfw ditko uses original art work from his prime as art rags and cutting boards because he sees no value in it because of his Randian philosophies

Please look this up. He did receive a promotion in the past, but after these accounts first went public he was disciplined and demoted. And that second part is just a rumour: Berganza certainly has worked with women at DC recently.

Look, it's not my position to defend Eddie Berganza. I think he should have been fired. But if the outcome people want right here is that DC eat hundreds of thousands of $ in an unlawful dismissal case by firing someone over harassment they've already disciplined him for, I think they're going to be disappointed. DC is a money-making corporation, and for that reason it should not surprise you that they have and do take immortal actions. Which you can punish them for, right? A boycott is one of the actions you could take here.

>He's also a shitty editor and they put him on "big" stuff simply because he can't fuck it up.

Jokes on you. He did a pretty terrible job with regards to the art assignment for Morrison's Final Crisis. Should have brought in Mahnke from the beginning.

>immortal
immoral

Here's the buzzfeed report:
archive.is/JRtsf
It names some new names, but this is old news

But they weren't Bendis the Jew.

No one could have predicted Robinson cucking Jones and making him quit the book.

But Ditko being unreasonable has nothing to do with Stan screwing him over. Dude was literally just saying "I want Spider-Man to fight a guy made of electricity" then wrote over the text Ditko did, then went around saying he wrote the story.

Eddie's old news.

Andrew Kreisberg, the man who over looks the Arrowverse just got suspended for sexual harassment.

BENDIS

he's the reason New 52 Superman books were like 50% crossover

Why bring up Bendis being a Jew if all the creators of all the heroes you love were also Jews? Why not just call him Bendis, or Bendis the asshole?

they promoted him after the first reported time, which didn't get out, then demoted him the second time, which did get out

Because Bendis is a Jew.

maybe the Arrowverse will finally be good

Also it happened a month or two ago but Scott Allie is no longer a Senior Editor at Dark Horse, he had his own publicly acknowledged sexual harassment charges.

He'd been with Dark Horse since the 90's

He plotted the page or two prompt and wrote dialogue. That much is irrefutable user. Writing dialogue is often more than enough to warrant being credited with writing even if it's just as a scripter.

If you're gonna mention Jack Kirby do you go out of your way to say Kirby the Jew? Or only when you dislike someone?

So was Kirby.

Jack Kirby wasn't Bendis the Jew.

>women crying about sexual harassment

You mean like all those money hungry cunts that tried to get Bill Cosby's cash because one person felt uncomfortable around him and called him a rapist?

I'll believe the words that come out of a woman's mouth the day Marvel fires Quesada.

Kirby was Kirby the Jew, I guess, if you want to make a habit of putting people's ethnicities after their names. Although you seem to only want to do it when you dislike the person.

Jack Kirby is Jack Kirby. Bendis the Jew is Bendis the Jew. I don't see where your disconnect here is.

Quit shitposting
Quit taking his bait

>Getting this upset over a Jew joke
Jesus, how Tumblr have we become?

I thought Berlanti was the top guy?

Except so fucking many of the people being accused of sexual misconduct in the current shitstorm are SJW sympathizers and even idols, which has the effect of shaking the foundations of their ideals. If George freaking Takei, one of the golden calves of progressivism, isn't safe from allegations of sexual assault, then the whole SJW movement has a bukkake-sized helping of egg on its face.

Where's the joke?

It's a movement eating itself, happens all the time, in about 5 years the dust will be settled and we'll be in another stage of not caring with SJWs and alt right being weird products of the time.

I'm not upset, I just think it's odd that anti-Semites are fans of a mostly Jew-created industry. As for it being a joke, what's the punchline?

If you lurk more you might see it.

Was there already a thread for Andrew Kreisberg as well?

>88
And back to Stormfront with you.

>t. user the Jew.

yup

Oh no, I'm allegedly the same race as the people who created all your favorite superheroes, however shall I live with myself?

No they're them, you're user the Jew.