Kill six billion demons KSBD

β€œIA! IA! The Dragon!
His scales as as hard as his heart.
Pity him!”
– Lamen of the Priests of the Count

Gonna bet the demon painter/bodyguard duo bite the dust here, just as a feeling. That, or one of them is a Mammon plant that'll turn on the others mid fight.
Charon.

I'm guessing this is one of the "absolute nutters" Cio mentioned?

I think so, this should be a good fight.

>000001
Now what could that mean?

I was assuming binary but i'm too lazy to see if that's right

I think it's her ID.

Oh dang, 6 digits.

Charon doesnt seem as surprised as the others, monies on him to be the plant.

But what if its Oscar and thats why we'll hate him?

>tfw no imperious purple giantess gf

Nah, he's just a dick.

I'm taking bets, how many of these fuckers do /you/ think is going to make it out of this shitshow alive?

The MC is of course exempt, but if by some chance they bite it then I'm willing to place 100 to 1 odds on it for the truly daring.

Anyone willing to test their luck?

Guessing that's the first and/or strongest of Mammon's servants.

She's number 1

What if they randomize their numbers every day

They don't.

Cio and Princess seem safe. Other than thag I'm only completely sure the lizard will die.

NOW LOOK AT THESE DEVILS
THAT I JUST FOUND

The fan devils entire thing is that they're throwaway characters to pad out the body count, Oscar's already been hinted to get a way bigger role down the track and Cio and Ali are the main characters.

The only one who's fate is legitimately up in the air right now is Princess. But i'm leaning towards her surviving.

>I'm taking bets, how many of these fuckers do /you/ think is going to make it out of this shitshow alive?
Cio and Mammon.

Oskar's not gonna die either. He's a well-loved legacy character.

HERE'S A LITTLE LESSON IN GUARDING YRE

THIS IS GOING DOWN IN HISTORY
IF YOU WANT TO BE A GOD #1
YOU HAVE TO CHASE A PRIME ANGEL ON THE RUN

I do like the idea of priesthood that literally worships money, fitting for a dragon whose name means "worshipping money".

>thyselves
I get that it's invoking Ye Olde English for effect, but "thou" and its derivatives are not only singular, they are informal/familiar.
>Wherefore art thou, Romeo?
>You speak an infinite deal of nothing.

she could be using it for rude/impolite effect by using an informal register

So by love does she mean money? Did she just call them poorfags?

how did Dagon mutate from a goat to the god of money anyway

like he got his key afterwards

Mammon bought his key doesn't mention how but probably is something like a really long Parable of Talents.

>000001

Mammon, he's a buglike dragon creature not a goat, The Kind Folk whom he is one of keep growing with age, he bought it off of this guy.

He didn't mutate. His kind just naturally grows all throughout their lifespans and, as Servants have immortal longevities, they should theoretically be able to grow as large as Mammon if no one kills them.

Mammon' people are naturally inclined towards serving other people rather than acting as rulers themselves, so Mammon's ambition can. E considered quite an aberration. He was shunned by his kinsmen and, somewhere down the line, he amassed enough wealth to buy a key and hire people to kill his family.

It looks like that thing floating above his heads is giving us the finger.

In binary 000001 means.... 1.

If he managed to survive after he got a pretty good deal just fucking off with a ton of money and releasing himself of a burden almost no key holder seems to want.

dat ass tho

Cio's outfit is just unf

>000001

So this is the first counter?

According to Abby this is the same priest that represented Mammon at the Demiurge meeting.

About when should the whole kill all demons thing kick in?

Cio, Oscar. Possibly Princess, which I dislike.
The death of Cat Master will be the greatest tragedy this comic has seen.

The text under his image on the tumblr says he got the better end of the deal.

Guess they're gonna have to count their losses.
Nothing like a good panic moment when you're standing over an invisible path filled with traps.

It's kill 6 billion and you really chose a page to ask that on huh

At this point you could call it Kill Five Billion Ninehundred Ninety Nine Million Ninehundred Ninety Seven Demons.

I've really enjoyed the art in this arc but I'm bored as fuck with the story.

The devils are flat characters and I feel we rushed through the more characterful part of this shit like the negotiations with Himself to get to a dungeon crawl which looks amazing but which is also pretty dull.

Its an adventure within a trap-filled dungeon, whats not to like?

I dunno man, I just feel we've abandoned a lot of the grounding that kept this comic interesting. As far as adventures within trap-filled dungeons go I've been way more into Dungeon Meshi or The Clandestinauts than I am into this.

I think the acrobat's instant betrayal put me off a bit because it was such a cheap disposal of both the idea of treachery which pervades this crawl and of that character. When I think about what I have liked writing-wise in this arc, like Allison's internal wasteland and Felicia's murder, it's stuff that has a bit of building up to it. A lot of this just feels stakeless to me, so I'm enjoying the art and the ideas but totally uninvested in this part of the story.

Desu if I wasn't reading this week to week it would probably flow a lot better and I wouldn't mind so much.

Those are comics all about the dungeon crawl. They're built around that as their story premise.

This is a story with a larger scope that has a heist arc that takes up a significant portion of a single chapter.

No wonder the first one is more compelling than the second.

> she's got a halo

welp

Apart from the Seven, Zoss, and Allison, the only other non-divine characters shown to have halos are Meti, post-heist Yabalchoath, and Juggernaut Star

And she's not even the final boss

The cat will be the only side character to survive. It will be brought back onto the ship and become the new crew mate. With options of being transformed into a cute catgirl later to be added to Alisons harem.

Also what if cat master is a misnomer? It isn't the demons name just a description of his status. He wasn't the master of the cats it was the cats that were his masters and held him in contact.

I think this is what's making it tiring, we know all the steps and there might be a dice roll on who lives but ultimately it'll be the same dungeon crawler everyone has seen. There might be a surprise but the author did a very good jib of concealing it then

Hm? Savvy Jack is supposed to be an old design from Abbadon's previous version of K6BD.

Ugh, what? She's clearly supposed to be black, not one of those disgusting grapeskins. They should all screw off to Solomon's universes where they belong.

That's because it is.

Oh hey. Just noticed. This all takes place in the Void, meaning, the stronger someone's will is, the more incomplete their appearances should be (unless their existences are being sustained by others like those on Mottom's floating palace). Incubus' concubine here seemed like a wimp, but I wonder if she's actually supposed to be surprisingly competent?

Honestly thought the bombs and fireflies would feature more here. Maybe it'll come up against 000001 here? They can't get past her, she forces them back into the maze (which causes some of them to die to the traps), and they prevail by blowing the entire place up and falling to the bottom of this bottomless (perhaps even literally bottomless, if this place has the same sort of space-time fuckery going on with it as the beginning of the true vault of Yre had), and somehow escaping at the end into Mammon's main treasury.

She's strung up in his throne room either dead or dying so probably not.

Oh yeah, she's there. Incubus is into the rough stuff, huh.

Cat Master's whole aesthetic is pure kino. I know that Abby said they were all slated to die, but how can he kill a fucking character THAT awesome? Based Steve made it out of Season 1 Stranger Things though the character was originally planned to die. Let Cat Master live, Abby.

I will also be sad for the lizard and the double-stack because they also have great designs, but if only one can make it out, I hope it's Cat Master.

We can always imagine all the awesome past adventures he must have had. Really, I'm pretty sure all of these devils have some renown to them if Oscar specifically sought them out.

Impressive for that to be the case with a Pale Demon.

The tinker went out with a whimper. Here's hoping the bruiser goes down with style.

I doubt she opens the door only to threaten them and get killed like that. And if one of those explosives goes off they can kiss their asses goodbye. They are in a pretty bad situation precisely because of the explosives and bugs.

>I doubt she opens the door only to threaten them and get killed like that.
Like what? I never said any such thing.

I said that she'd force them back into the maze, this time without a guide, and that she'd be defeated by the maze being destroyed by the bombs.