What does Sup Forums think of Archie comics?

What does Sup Forums think of Archie comics?
Anything worth reading?

Huh, I didn't know Riverdale had a comic book adaptation.

Jughead will never be allowed to be this based again

>that time Jughead got a loli gf

>tfw two whores will never fight over you.

>tfw bettyxveronica will never be canon

There's so much. You should just pick up a digest, preferably an older one and see if you like it.

Seriously what was his problem?

Everything up to the 70's
80's+ is pure shit

You know there actually was a comic adaptation of that shitty live-action tv pilot with the archies all grown up

reggie rocks the rape face

I need the scans. NOW!

Is there any way to even acquire all of the Archie comics?
Archie just seems to want to publish scattered collections in their shitty digest books

Where were you when Archie died?

just look it up, some guy uploaded scans on youtube

How is that I've looked through so many of the collections and never seen any decent stories?

Where are all the dramatic 2-4 parters that Archie used to do?
Why even do "to be continued" stories in a fucking digest magazine.

It looks like any omnibus is just a cherrypicked compilation and not everything.

Sabrina comics >Jughead comics > Betty and Veronica comics > Archie comics

prove me wrong pro tip you can't

What happened to Spotty?

I'm very interested in Archie because it is simultaneously wholesome Americana and total low-key tongue-in-cheek smut. I love it.

I always wanted a story where Archie spends some time shirtless in pants.

I'll try for one next, maybe a beach one

I read just for find good Veronica pics.

More of a Jughead thing, but I assure you Archie doesn't wear proper clothes

There's been at least three stories where veronica lost her bikin top

worst girl

I know they're all frequently on the beach, you don't wear pants there so some other type/time?.

there are no worst girls in Archie just better girls

ohhh you want to see him embarrassed
kinky

Veronica < Betty

He was gay. Jughead has always been a member of the LGBT.

Weren't people bitching because Jughead was heterosexual in Riverdale.

you're right, Betty is my waifu

whoops

Yeah something like that.
Like Betty and Veronica have lost their tops frequently over the decades, something similar would be nice.

Or really just anything with him half naked in some pants, I used to love the classic art styles.

I say it to anyone who is even the slightest bit curious about Archie comics; pick up a Jughead Double Digest.

Archie's quality wavers throughout its years, issues and writers. It always had a reputation of being lame, stuffy and boring, which in a lot of cases is well-deserved. But I always felt that Jughead comics throughout the years have always been clever, funny, and interesting. From the classic screwball comedy of Samm Schwartz to the more nuanced situational humor that appeared in the 90s-00s years. It's like all the best people gravitated towards working on Jughead's comics rather than Betty and Veronica or whatever.

A Double Digest will have the collection of past stories through the decades, is only a couple of dollars, and can be found easily in a ton of grocery stores. I feel like if you want to see how fun Archie comics can be, starting with a Jughead DD is the best way to jump in.

here's a lil something

?

fuck me forgetting twice in one thread

And here's something for the kinkster

she is really the best girl.

Could Betty beat the Batman?

>John Byrne

Did he inject any of his sick fetishes into this?

>Where were you when Archie died?
Laughing my ass off

People fall in love, but Jughead never fell for it. All the lies, betrayal, stress, begging for another person's approval, all the little things that make up a normal yet crazy woman. Jughead doesn't fall for it.
Jughead is the levelheaded hero we need in these dark and trying times.
I can't find the Futurama gif that's labeled: I can't tell if crazy women are beautiful or if beautiful women are inherently crazy.

>Anything worth reading?
Small amounts of "worth reading" can be found if you're willing to look through enough vast stacks of Archies.

Archie was lovely when they took risks. Sometimes it was just different for the sake of different, like the superhero comics they did, but then sometimes they ended up with bits like this.

wasn't there a girl who managed to manipulate jughead into a relationship just so she would be attractive to other guys?

if a known woman-hater falls head over heels over a girl, it just makes other guys super curious to see what's so special about her.

Collecting the digests is pretty fun, just reading the various stories from every decade. No surprise that the 50's stories are the best.

>not walking to shore while covering self and falling onto bikini top.

Does it have jughead rapping?

>but Jughead never fell for it
He wanted to fuck Archie's great-great-great-(five minutes later)-granddaughter from the future.

>that time Betty's dad started creeping on her

this

feels bad man

More Archie

>Watch Riverdale end on my OTPs
>Second season now nay shake them up and destroy them
And this is why I'm telling my brother I'm not watching season 2 until I can marathon it and then conveniently forget to.

I love archie but also definitely think it's very hard to care about about unless you read it as a child

If Riverdale was any good they wouldn't have to be 90210'ing it.

There's something about this panel that gives me a chuckle.

The Dan Decarlo stuff is worth reading just for the art.

I like my filename better.

>that time Jughead shut Veronica up with threats of violence

This.
Hell, same applies to practically anything comics.

I haven't watched the show at all. I assume they're jacking up the pointless drama to hell and back?

Archie by Doyle and Lucey
Betty and Veronica and (She's) Josie by Doyle and DeCarlo
Jughead by Schwartz

The secondary titles have some gems. I think the best period overall is 60s thru early 70s

Archie fucks Ms Grundy
A few people get shot and/or killed
Betty is legit psycho
Jughead joins a gang

For years adult Archie had no dog. These days he suddenly has Vegas, a non-character who exists and is named that because... durr, white suburban kid has to have a dog and has to think going to Vegas is exciting. It's really that stupid.

For ANY sexual orientation, Archie comics provide a ton of cheesecake and beefcake. Back in the days of DeCarlo it was REALLY well drawn.

Archie and...
Oh good lord.

The only flaw that story had was to make Cheryl the first victim.

Don't know how did it happened, but it was co produced by a French Tv channel and this is the only time Archie came here. But I liked it.