BATMAN #35 PREVIEW

“Dream of Me” part three! Has the Caped Crusader passed the point of no return? Turns out he’s going to need a little help from his friends, but this help comes with a downside: Batman’s true intentions will be exposed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nWbuYAKiXvE
totallyreject.tumblr.com/post/167368421551/damian-and-dick-in-batman-35#notes
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They're gonna start kissing, right

I'm liking this story. It's goofy schlock but it's fun and a solid concept for a little adventure for the newly engaged couple to go on. I do like that he wants to create this "us against the world" mindset, but King hasn't done the best job of earning that being the reaction from the Bat family. You'd think most of them would know Catwoman isn't evil like others would think she is by now.

There are definite flaws, like some of the decompressed dialogue, but "newly engaged batman and catwoman go on top secret mission while others have mood whiplash at what's going on between them" was a good concept to start from and it hasn't been bad.

That just seems dumb. Did Ra's just not realize that sort of shit would turn his daughter into a mentally unstable psychopath? Or has the Lazarus Pit driving people insane been retconned?

She might not be evil but she is not above being an antagonist or even double crossing Bruce.

It's not like the negative effects of the Pit have ever stopped him before.

Batman jobbed hard against Talia but Catwoman is equal?

She's obviously losing ground.

But still manages to fight her longer than Batjobber

>stairway
>nightime
>isolated
Did they forget the fact that Batman is in the process of bleeding to death or what?

The thing is Batman didn't want to fight with Talia

> Catwoman is equal?
Catsue.

Mediocre to bad writing dragged down into awfulness by the treatment of Bruce Wayne.

Batfags deserve this trash

t. superfag

Shit it's almost as if he's an insane cult-leader of zealous assassins.

C'mon, this reference can't be more clear
I think the artist traced it

It's Cher right?

I really hope Talia kills Cafwhore. Put this shit story out of it's misery

How does Catshit know sword fighting anyway?

The same way she knows martial arts.
>it's a comic book stupid.

>
>The Adventures of Cuckman and Catsue

Jesus Christ, I can't wait until King gets kicked off the Batman book. This bullshit would be hilarious if it wasn't so rage-inducing.

I see King still can't write fight scenes worth a damn.

Also, Ra's abused Talia as a kid now? WTF has he done to the al Ghuls?

>Ra's abused Talia as a kid now?
>now
You kidding me with this shit? Do you think her childhood is meant to be sunshines and skinned knees?

Can't find the right frame but it looks like it

>You’re using Bonetti’s defense against me, hah?
>I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain …
>Naturally, you must expect me to attack with Capo Ferro.
>Naturally, but I find Thibault cancels out Capo Ferro, don’t you?
>Unless the enemy has studied his Agrippa…
>Which I have.
>You are won-der-ful!
>Thank you. I have worked hard to become so.
>I admit that you are better than I am.
>Then why are you smiling?
>Because I know something you don’t know.
>And what is that?
>I … am not left-handed!

My theory is that shit like swordplay and martial arts never really die out in-universe because of how effective they are.
>a room full of gunman is no match for a lone swordsman
>you can literally use Karate against Superman if you're good enough

Yup,staircase fight from Highlander

youtube.com/watch?v=nWbuYAKiXvE

Or literally any staircase fight.

Well she did train under Wildcat

Yeah she did.

Uh doesn't getting revived by the pit a lot make you super batshit crazy?

Even Ra's only uses it as rejuvenation.

>goes to a nation blocked by the JL
>knows his baby mama is crazy and unhinged
>not prepared to fight
Thats still fucking retarded. There are better ways to set up this up. Since Holly is Selina's problem then just have Talia tell her she has to fight for her.

>Even Ra's only uses it as rejuvenation.
Wrong.

Batman is a drama whore and intentionally seeks to create it.
>Cat you have to fight Talia
>why
>so I can send the video to world star

I don't get it :
-Why no one is helping batman? He's bleeding to death right now.
-Why Talia is telling her life to catwoman? Does she think that she cares?
-How can she talk so much during a fight?
-Wtf is doing Robinson here?

Otherwise i like the art.

This whole run sucks but Kingfags wont admit it.

Ah yes, this truly needed to be a two pages spread

-Good point
-Intimidation
-Dramatic effect
-nigga what?

I'm really enjoying this arc but I feel like if Talia's first memory is of sword-fighting from literally when she was 18 months old till now and Selina probably has never held a sword more than half a dozen times then Talia should probably be dominating this fight pretty easily.

But instead she's getting pushed back up a flight of stairs.

Talia feels like telling a story right now. Imagine saying a couple of words before landing a killing blow.

>nigga what?
talking about the first panel. I suppose it's robinson since batman said they came here for her.

Sums up King's entire run on Batman.

Her name is holly. She lookks cracked out so how she ended up here will probably never be addressed.

Ra's wasn't this much of a dick back in the day...

Batman didn't even try to fight Talia

Sure

Glad we agreed.

uys, I saw Batman #35 spoiler again! Someone in tumblr, who seems to be Damian and/or Dick fan, received the issue earlier than scheduled and they post the pages only where Damian and Dick appear.

We will get another Damian and Dick gem by Tom King again guys.I think the last half of the issue has dialogues all in Dick and Damian POV, while most of the panels showed us how Selina and Talia's fight and how Bruce trying to escape.

This time Damian and Dick were discussing about the engagement.

Dick: ”Why do you think he did it?"
Damian: "I do not know and I do not care."
Dick: "Yeah. Well, the better question is: why he didn't tell us? He should've at least told us."
Damian: "I... do not know and I do not care."

And Dick was like "Ah, c'mon kiddo" then Damian argued with what his father chooses is his own choice, because his father is Batman and Damian is Robin.
Dick teased Damian about the Batman and Robin logic, Damian was like "Shut up, Richard." LOL

After that came my favorite part of the discussion:
Damian: "You're such a child."
Dick: "You're ten!"
Damian: "I'm thirteen!"
Dick: "Whatever."

I. Literally. Screamed. At that. Yes, yes, yes Damian you're still ten fight me!!! XD

Moving on from that Dick finally gave his two cents of the engagement. Dick thinks it is because Bruce wants to be happy. Later Dick shares his own thought to Damian on whether Bruce is happy or not.

Eventually, their heart to heart talk was finally interrupted with Selina and Bruce coming out of the place.

Bruce was surprised to find Dick and Damian there. He suspected Alfred has told them already, which he thought he should have been the one to do so.

And then came this heartfelt moment between father and son:

Damian: "Father."
Bruce: "Damian, I..."
Damian: "Are you happy?"
Bruce: *silent*
Bruce: *looks at Selina*
Bruce: "I... I'm getting there."
Damian: *silent*

His children do not make him happy lol, Batman is a cunt.

Was this autism?

>Dick: ”Why do you think he did it?"
>Damian: "I do not know and I do not care."
>Dick: "Yeah. Well, the better question is: why he didn't tell us? He should've at least told us."
>Damian: "I... do not know and I do not care."
Here's Why Batman Is Actually A Terrible dad.
Dick is Damian's Dad .

Batman 35 Spoliers,

But would damian realky give a fuck. King is trying to frame Damien as a child upset that his folks are never getting bsck tigether when he has been pretty hostile towards Talia for the shit she has done. He loves her but he knows that shes fucked up.

So im not seeing his endgame with damian and his reaction towards the engagement outsise that cliché.
Maybe im.just projecting my own mindset. since my parents split and i have been accepted they arent getting back together and they have both moved on to other people.

It would have been better if the other boys were here though.

Everyone knows only Dick and Damien matter.

Was talking about the "I. Literally. Screamed. At that. Yes, yes, yes Damian you're still ten fight me!!! XD" part.

You know Spoiler for a faggot that keeps saying King's run suck, you're always on every King thread.

scans and spoliers.
totallyreject.tumblr.com/post/167368421551/damian-and-dick-in-batman-35#notes

King's run suck and it is canon,

I was deluding myself for a while but this is the moment I lost hope that I'll ever see a good Batman arc from King. Feels bad man.

You forgot your trip, you faggot.

Its a trainwreck i cant help but watch. But honestly i only camebavk into the king threads just to watch this. I dont recall being here for the the arcs after the i am gotham arc. And i didnt even read the warjokes and riddles til the last couple of issues because king made it seem like it was this big thing. It was fucking nothing. And this has kept me here but its not getting my money.

You sucks his dick ?

Selina is a Mary sue lol.

Last I checked, Ra's actually cares for Talia, that's been part of his character for decades and explains why Talia is so loyal to him. So yes, this bullshit is completely out of character.

I don't give a shit about " MY Kids Bruce Wayne.

Bruce doesn't want to marry Selina,
Dick Know it.

>breaks Bane's back with one kick
>beats Talia in a sword fight
The power of feminism

Batman – The World's Finest Terrible Dad .

She is Kings Harper Row,

Even Damian doesn't give a shit about Bat-cat.

Never before has there been a book so completely full of shit. ....

She's really not.

She is Duke Thomas Better than Robin Kyle.

All females in cape comics have been getting power boosts and have not been allowed to be shown punched by guys.

She is.
Selina is a waste of space and is being shoved everywhere.Do not get me started on Harper Row and the abomination to the Robin anniversary that was B and R: Eternal.

The dialogs are so freaking cringy, but Damian and Dick fans will eat it up because muh feelings.

Merciless gave WW a purple nurple and whisked her off to be snu snu just earlier tgis week though. And she got her DP'ed by Grail and Jason in her own book.

That's not what he's saying at all, he's saying Bruce is scared because he's asking for something, actively trying to change himself to be happy, which is hard for him.

>And she got her DP'ed by Grail
forgot to say
...unless it's by another woman.

Damian fans are mostly children or teenage girls. So, don't be surprised.

Catfag it is canon.

Jasonfags The Evolution of Fat Women..

Bruce told Selina that he has to love her. So yes hes forcing this whole thing because King has written him as a loser and Catwomsn is the same as him because of reasons so they have to be together. And they arent gonna fix their problems just mask it under a false veil of unhappiness.

Jasonfag is a kingfag ?

unhappinessi meant happiness not unhappiness

If Damian doesn't care, then why the heck did he go there? Seriously, what is the freaking point of including Dick and Damian in this plot.

He Don't Love her.

Nothing, except King trying to cover the weakness and nonsense of his writing by doing an unnecessary cheap drama.

this is hilarious I can't stop laughing.

It's Official DC Confirm That Bruce Wayne Is No Longer Batman ...He is Batpussy.

Holly is fat

can Damifag kindly fuck off

I honestly don't get what is going on. The story seems quite straightforward, but I can't fathom if it's deliberate that Damian words seem to be in conflict with his actions.

Similarly Bruce's quest for happiness is presented as good thing, whereas I feel unease with the concept that his happiness is based solely on a new relationship in addition the symbolism of desert associated with the BatCat engagement (barren, dead). Bruce is literally bleeding, when his old and new flames are literally stabbing people in the back.

This whole thing is really making my doubt that this won't end in tragedy.

doesn't* learn eng wonderbat fag

Why are they fighting anyway?