youtube.com/watch?v=-EFGtIx7zcU
sites.google.com/site/thetoonmaster/interview_a.nicholls
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

in b4 all the anti-w.i.t.c.h whiners who don't know how to hide threads

@96679370
(You)

>Jetix used to be fox kids
man those were good days

But that was before this show, the literal magnum opus of Western animation, existed! It sounds like you're nostalgiafagging.

I like it but stop spamming these threads.

Started reading the comic a few days ago, its pretty alright but some of the exposition is just throw at the main characters who don't react in believable ways. Like you have the girls discovering they are the chosen ones and that there is a magical kingdom and they seem awfully okay with everything except for Cornelia but its mostly offpanel.

This is an another glorious victory for the Italian spirit.

user, PLEASE watch the cartoon first. It does so many things better - including that! - but if you watch it afterwards you'll probably go "not muh".

I don't like the animation.

I don't understand why so many people say this? It's higher quality than most anime, let alone toons

(Unless you've already been influenced by the shitty comic designs, where e.g. the supposedly teenage girls look like children...)

Can you report this as spam?

Which is your favourite witch girl, witch-chan?

Of the main 5? Will. Those looks, that personality!

But the real queen is in pic related, of course.

What's stopping you?

Probably this:
>Submitting false or misclassified reports, or otherwise abusing the reporting system may result in a ban. Replying to a thread stating that you've reported or "saged" it, or another post, is also not allowed.

The animation feels like a slideshow sometimes, its really weird.
>the supposedly teenage girls look like children.
They are 13 so its fine, i've seem worse cases of manletism.

>The animation feels like a slideshow sometimes, its really weird.
Are you watching the DVDRip version? If not, that's probably why. Get the fucking torrents.
(I've seen some TERRIBLY crappy TV copies.)

>manletism
>in girls
???
Also the problem is not so much height, in fact the show only changes that slightly. It's the faces, they're drawn to look way too young.
(Funnily enough, they're a year younger in the show but look older.)

Oh, and BTW the American intro (which is what you're probably watching if it's NOT the DVD release) is a literal slideshow, that's how it was made. One of the many reasons the American version of the show was not popular.

(The American version also butchered the first two episodes in so many ways.)

each has its own atmosphere and I enjoyed the cartoon more

I liked the song and who cares how intro looks as long as eps are good.

Speaking of atmosphere, one of the things the cartoon REALLY improves on is the involvement of Meridian in the story. In the first season they actually get you to really care about the whole rebellion aspect, while in the second season it's still a major world for the story despite other ones being revealed.

(In fact, in the comics Meridian along with Elyon was basically dropped from the story after the first arc. What the fuck? I mean, yeah, Phobos came back but as a standalone character, and in a much later arc. Man, the show's plotting was SO much better.)
The original song is MUCH better. It has a really catchy and at the same time uniquely fitting melody. And that's just season 1's version, as season 2 has a remix which is just PURE EPICNESS, no other way to describe it.

And even more importantly, that's the theme used in the show's background music (over and over again)! Which means American viewers didn't get to experience the BGM the same way, and that matters a lot more than one might think.

But regardless, the visual part of the US intro is beyond terrible. It should have been literally banned from TV.

Seeing all these threads spammed almost daily made me remember hating this show while it was still airing.
It had so many animation errors. Usually a character was colored incorrectly like in OP's pic.
Why is even the promotional artwork colored incorrectly?
The show also added some annoying green goblin to the main cast for some reason.
0/10, the comic was better.

>The original song is MUCH better.
have seen both, each has their own good side. can't comment on BGM
>It should have been literally banned from TV.
are you 12?

>The show also added some annoying green goblin to the main cast for some reason.
Spoken as someone who never even finished the first season.

I guarantee it.

who is colored incorrectly

>have seen both
Have you seen the second season one? It blows pretty much every cartoon intro ever out of the water, both in music and animation. But the visuals have quite a few spoilers, and as I presume you haven't watched the show here's the full-length audio version (very rare BTW): youtube.com/watch?v=-EFGtIx7zcU

Listen to that one, and tell me what you think.
The fact that you cannot easily tell should also tell you how "important" that mistake is. BTW I know what he's talking about, the same issue occurs in the American intro and gets way too many complaints there too - not that complaints against that horrid thing are unwelcome...

>Spoken as someone who never even finished the first season.
The show got cancelled halfway through the first season in my country.
Or it got placed in a strange timeslot, can't remember exactly.
What happened tot the ugly goblin? Did he get killed of?

>Have you seen the second season one?
yes and the french version too.
>as I presume you haven't watched the show
Why would I be here if I had not? I liked the spoilery into, whenever show would leg I would recall a visual from the intro and know I had something to look forward to

>in my country.
you have the internet. also second season was arguable the best part of the show.

Not interested in this show anymore.
I was 13 years old a long time ago.

He got better and better with every episode basically, by the end of the FIRST season he was a fucking amazing character.
>Why would I be here if I had not?
I assumed because you said this:
>can't comment on BGM
If you don't remember what is probably THE most commonly reused background music in the show (especially in important scenes) then you NEED to rewatch it.

give it a shot. Its better than adventure time

The cartoon is MORE enjoyable for adults than kids, in my view. There are a number of jokes it's hard to believe aired on US TV, and some of the implications of the show are dark as fuck.

At the very least, it's equally enjoyable for both.
It's better than ATLA, and I'm a big fan of that show too.

its not better than ATLA but it still good

It is objectively better. Popularity does not equal quality. W.I.T.C.H. has MUCH better average characterization, and much less retarded plots.
Also you could tell pretty much everyone who worked on the show had REAL talent, unlike with ATLA where it was pretty much a crapshoot if an episode was good or bad depending on who wrote it.

Avatar does however beat it in worldbuilding, though not by very much. (Also in fewer silly technical mistakes, like with the voice acting. But that's a really minor thing.)

Which season is better, season 1 or 2?

Do you want the popular answer, or the real one?

"Popular consensus" is that the whole show is garbage, but Greg Weisman is a genius who at least salvaged season 2 from the wreckage of season 1. This is BULLSHIT, for the most part.

The REAL answer is that both seasons are EXCELLENT. As usual there is a grain of truth in the popular opinion: season 2 is better overall, yes. But not in every respect.

Season 1 does some very unique things with the characters that are rarely if ever seen in cartoons - except for a few of the very minor characters, nobody seems stereotypical. (For male characters this is just rare, but for female characters it is basically unheard of because it is extremely difficult to write convincingly then.) Unfortunately season 2 in a misguided (but genuine) attempt to "develop" characters gives them some clichéd personality traits and flaws.

However, it's completely reversed with the plots. Season 1 already has a much better story than like 99% of cartoons, of course - there is basically no filler, and while the story goes pretty slowly there are numerous twists and episodes are rarely predictable. Season 2 though is just AMAZING with the storylines, it's clear that it's made by a skilled professional in terms of how even seemingly irrelevant plot details play a role later, how the different villains play off each other, etc. (Of course it had to deviate from the comics more than season 1 to be able to do this, which may have been the final straw that got the show definitively cancelled. Fans don't like change, even for the better.)

tl;dr: Season 2 is slightly better overall, but not in every way. Season 1 is for characterization, season 2 is for plot. (Relatively speaking, ofc.)

Also the season 2 remix is GOAT. I'm not sure that I can stress that enough.

me typing a very detailed response on why this show is pretty much avatar except its audience is preteen girls and one grown man on Sup Forums, and how the only reason this grown man on Sup Forums likes it is due to the fact that when he was young it made is peepee feel really weird. even the preteen girls have forgotten it's existence

Those books are far more underrated.

dude can you please make a trip or properly label your threads, if you don't then you're pretty much shitposting at this point

He can't be reasoned with.
He can't be bargained with.

OP isn't the real witch fag. The real one always types it as W.I.T.C.H.

For the thousandth time, it's BETTER than Avatar.
Avatar has a LOT of annoyingly stupid things in it.
If you mean the filename, I don't generally change those when I find an image somewhere.
>books
Oh come on man, now you're really trolling me.

Will, how is that even a question?

Oh yeah, forgot to mention amidst the general stupidity of your post: I WATCHED IT FOR THE FIRST TIME ABOUT A MONTH AGO.

Also see pic related - Teen Titans is better than Avatar too, and in large part for similar reasons.

Why was Dean so great

But then how would this thread ever get bumped and OP get his (you)s?

I FINALLY FOUND AN (awesome) INTERVIEW with one of the season ONE showrunners:
sites.google.com/site/thetoonmaster/interview_a.nicholls

It's incredibly long and detailed, and the site is basically unknown. Whoever did the interview is I'm guessing just some fan, albeit with some serious interviewing skills...

It also reveals a LOT of shit about the behind-the-scenes aspects of W.I.T.C.H., though it's way too long for me to post it here without a bunch of posts (let me know if you want it here).
But the real highlight, I think, is this little tidbit:
>I just heard something funny from a friend. He bumped into Greg Wiseman, the showrunner for season two, and asked him why he hadn’t hired us to write any episodes. Greg told him that he looked at our resumes and we were just “sitcom writers.” Which, besides not being true (we worked on about 20 animated series before W.I.T.C.H., but because they’re non-Writers Guild they’re not on IMDB), it was kind of funny because later in the season the network complained the scripts weren’t funny enough and Greg was apparently asked to hire several “sitcom guys” to punch them up. Ah well, I should know better than to second-guess anyone with that difficult job...

Putting two and two together, they weren't rehired because they used to write in Canada. Which... is incredibly depressing if you think about it, geographic nepotism in a sense even.

wow, you were actually useful for once, witchfag. this is pretty interesting.

I just finished the second season.
Its alright but could get better

>Its alright but could get better
How!? Explain.

Interesting.

>underwear at the beach
h-hot

>Putting two and two together, they weren't rehired because they used to write in Canada. Which... is incredibly depressing if you think about it, geographic nepotism in a sense even.

That's how the business is. You have to be in LA to be able to work in most of the industry.

>it's anti-whatever to point out when some cunt is being a joyless fanfag and making it impossible for actual discussion
Yea, no. Here's the (You), cunt

Funny how her ass is even bigger than the black girl's

Honestly it kind of is.
Winx was the better show and as such overshadowed it but this was still a solid show viewed without it's competitor up against it.

Characters with more depth
Cornelia is the only one with more than one dimension