Where you rank this in the MCU, Sup Forums? I'd put it at three after Winter Soldier and Civil War

Where you rank this in the MCU, Sup Forums? I'd put it at three after Winter Soldier and Civil War.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yC9bCd1-btk
youtube.com/watch?v=cPKq7JuQDvg
youtube.com/watch?v=ayhTVShJCt0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Its above Thor 2, thats for sure. Also I want to be Hela's personal boy toy

Above Thor 2, below Thor 1.

Thor 1 might be held back by the utter shit that is the romcom earth segments, but the set design and performances from Hemsworth, Hiddleston, and Hopkins are so much better than Ragnarok.

I'd rank it five.

>GOTG
>GOTGv2
>Ragnarok
>First Avenger
>Iron Man

Thor 3 is so deep into the MCU at this point that it's hard to rank against earlier standalone stuff. I loved cap 2 & 3 in the theater but found them considerably less enjoyable during rewatch than (surprisingly) Age of Ultron.

At this point I'd say it's in the running for best Phase 3 movie so far, just due to how hard it is to compare tonally and conceptually to Civil War.

>just due to how hard it is to compare tonally and conceptually to Civil War.
I consider it the ying to Civil War's yang.

Towards the bottom, only Thor 2 and Iron Man 2 are worse.

Thank you, user. That's a very apt metaphor.

I rank it GotG/Avengers. 4 Groots up.

>Its above Thor 2, thats for sure.
Almost anything is.

>I'd put it at three after Winter Soldier and Civil War.

It's Yin, not Ying.

Huh

Thanks for correcting me, user. I'm sorry. I don't speak oriental.

I'm not sure what this autistic meme is meant to imply.

>TWS
>good

Feels bad. The cuts made my theater put an extra warning on IMAX 3D because 2 people threw up during it.

GOD TIER
Iron Man
The Avengers
Captain America: The Winter Soldier

GREAT TIER
Captain America: The First Avenger
Guardians of the Galaxy
Ant-Man
Doctor Strange

MID TIER
Capitán América: Civil War
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

LOW TIER
The incredible Hulk
Thor
Iron Man 3
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Thor: Ragnarok

SHIT TIER
Iron Man 2
Thor: The Dark World
Avengers: Age of Ultron

I still can't watch it without getting motion sick. Those fights hold up like dog shit.

this sound about right actually.

5 best Marvel Movies

Civil War
Winter Soldier
Ragnarok
GOTG 1
Spider-Man Homecoming/Iron Man 1 tied

Prove me wrong

Replace Civil Meme with Iron Man and you're good

Finally someone with good taste, gotg2 is easily the only good mcu movie this year, ragnarok and homeocoming were trash

>GREAT TIER
>Ant-Man
>Ant-Ma
>Ant-M
>Ant-
>Ant
you have ant cock

My ranking as of now:

God tier:
Winter Soldier
Iron Man
GOTG

Good tier:
The Avengers
Ant Man
Doctor Strange
GOTG Vol. 2

Alright tier:
The Incredible Hulk
Thor
Iron Man 2
Age of Ultron
Civil War

Bad tier:
Iron Man 3

these movies are so shit that spider-man: homecoming and civil war are among the best mcu films. awful.

and somehow dc films are even worse.

someone needs to hit the reset button on this shitty franchises.

>Thor 3 is so deep into the MCU at this point that it's hard to rank against earlier standalone stuff

True. I think both Civil War and Ragnarok benefit from that.

I may be wrong, but did they just kill off the Warriors 3? Why did no one talk about that? And where's Sif?

God tier:
Iron Man
>Solid foundation for Stark and the MCU.
Captain America: First Avenger
>Feels like an Indiana Jones Movie
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
>Feels like an Old School Spy Movie
Guardians of the Galaxy VOl. 2
>The theme of fathers and sons hits close to home.

Good Tier:
The Incredible Hulk
>The first hulk movie I enjoyed.
Guardians of the Galaxy
>Great movie although there were some liberties taken with the characters.
Ant-Man
>Honey I shrunk the kids meets Oceans 11
Captain America: Civil War
>Unofficial Avengers 3
>Mythological space opera. Love it.

Solid Tier:
Thor
>Weak script saved by god tier directing.
The Avengers
>It looks like a made for TV movie. I find it a slog to get through.

Bad Tier:
Iron Man 3
>This movie gets worse the more I watch it. Something about Tony's dialog is grating.
>Not a shit movie, but not what I wanted in a Spidey flick.

Underrated Tier:
Iron Man 2
>Movie got neutered by the studio. Could have been a great adaption of Demon in a Bottle but whatevs.
>Whedon improved as a director in every way imaginable. Script needs work but Spader kills it.
Doctor Strange
>I know it shares many many similarities with the first Iron Man movie but I loved it. Also the music was sweet.

Go back to your Snyder threads.

Sup Forums probably thinking labeling this as a "dudebro" movie will somehow negate that the movie was actually fun.

how is dr. strange underrated? i thought most people enjoyed it

Definitely my personal list, but here it goes.
GOD TIER:
>Iron Man
One of the best ways to start what's now the MCU, and also as a standalone movie is one of the best hero movies.
>Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Old School-like Spy movie, loads of coherent twists, actually well-done and likeable cast, and actually makes Cap more human and flawed.
>Guardians of The Galaxy 1 and 2
So far the best duology in the MCU, nicely interconnected plots, great cast, and both movies' themes are emotionally gripping, plus a sucker for Cosmic-Marvel.

Great Tier
>Thor Ragnarok
Probably the best 3rd part so far of all trilogies, finally nailed the crazy asgardianess of the comics, although there were still some space for more.
>Ant-Man
ANTS
ANTS
ANT-MAN
>Captain America The First Avenger
Good way to start with Cap, third act should have been done better.
>The Avengers
We all know that despite its flaws it was the perfect way to unite the Phase 1 of MCU.
>Spidey HC
Now this one's controversial, but for the fact it's supposed to be a new, broader beginning for Spiderman, they actually did a good job. Needed less Zendaya.

Good Tier
>Captain America: Civil War
>Thor
>Doctor Strange
All of the above feel like they could have been better than we got, and maybe we could have gotten better if it wasn't for dumb shit

Acceptable tier:
>Iron Man 3
>The Incredible Hulk
They have good scenes, but it lacks something that actually could make you give more of a damn about them.

AW SHIT NIGGA WHAT YOU DOING tier
>Avengers: Age Of Quiptron
>Thor 2: We needed more Earth stuff that got cringier.
>Iron Man 2: Why did you do the movie when the writers strike happened?

Do I have to say something else?

Swap Iron Man 2&3. 3 was easily superior to the nonsensical 2. The only bad part was the time Tony spent with the kid, and even that had a few good moments.

I actually didn't know most people enjoyed it. If that's the case then I would immediately put it in the "Good" section along with Guardians and Ant-Man.

>>Ant-Man
>ANTS
>ANTS
>ANT-MAN
Best argument for a movie ever.

Ranking Marvel Netflix.

God Tier:
Daredevil Season 1
Daredevil Season 2 (first half).

Good Tier:
Luke Cage (Cottonmouth's arc).
Jessica Jones

Solid Tier:
Luke Cage (Diamondback's Arc)
Daredevil Season 2 (Hand)

Bad Tier:
The Defenders
Iron Fist

I honestly keep forgeting that Homecoming is actually part of the MCU

ʰᵉʸ ᵐᵃᶰ

I want Waititi to direct an X-Statix movie so bad now.

>people like vol2
i honestly see no redeeming values to that flick, it's the pinnacle of marvel excess

>seeing Waititi direct Tony against Mister Sensitive
I want it.

i've seen thor and thor 2 at least twice and just recently noticed they recast the white guy in the sequels

they had no screen presence other than the fat one, and the asian one had terrible engrish in a scene that was supposed to be dramatic

"YOUA CANNOTA PASSURU"

But Civil War is pretty bad, OP.

God tier
Iron man
Gotg
Winter soldier

Good tier
Ant man
Avengers
Strange

Generic soulless marvel shit
Rest

Thor 3 is better than 1&2 but it doesn’t make it a true kino

Ok, I liked always as a kid Ant-Man.

But let's be honest, for the fact of how long it took, and after people knew how the movie was originally going to be, the fact that this movie actually respected the Pym legacy pretty well makes the movie definitely great to watch,

Plus, that finale.

>not naming it 9608

They really do go for the low hanging fruit, don't they?

Based 9608Poster. Destroying SoyBoys in every thread

Poor you, forced to watch awful movies, every single MCU flick, are you autistic?

>dudebro
holy shit Sup Forums
how bad were your teenage years when this pic looks like DudeBros to you??

no, it's the pinnacle of Gunn excess, which is precisely why I love it

>But let's be honest, for the fact of how long it took, and after people knew how the movie was originally going to be, the fact that this movie actually respected the Pym legacy
Which was a massive surprise considering I heard a rumor that Hank was going to be the main villain in Wright's original draft. Peyton Reed has come a long way since Bring it On and I can confidently say this movie couldn't have been in better hands.
>Plus, that finale.
"Do I look like a monster." Fucking chills. And the inclusion of the Quantum Realm was just the cherry on top of an already amazing package.

Lastly, this costume was fucking god tier. I'd argue it has a very Kamen Rider type feel.

Thor significantly exceeded my expectations and has the potential to be in my top 5. And if this trend keeps up I can only be that much more excited for Black Panther. I'm fucking stoked and currently trying to read some Black Panther. I read through Coates and it didn't quite do it for me. I loved his portrayal in Hickman's Avengers saga and I'm currently re-reading that. I also read through the Man Without Fear/The Most Dangerous Man Alive by Liss and that was pretty neat. I'm about to go through Hudlin's run on Black Panther. What am I in for?

i hoped ant man might fuck over jewlord saban and get some sort of marvel kamen in the west. no dice, it was a long shot

I hate to say this because it is a very Sup Forums thing to say, but I can't really recall a single great moment from Mr Doctor.

come to bargain
thats it i think

>stan lee carved a lightning bolt into thor's hair
it's the little things

Iron Man 1 is absolutely fucking boring compared to other MCU movies and I don't get why everyone loves it so much

God Tier:
Iron Man
Winter Soldier
Guardians 1

Good Tier:
Civil War
Captain America
The Avengers
Guardians Vol. 2

Fine Tier:
Doctor Strange
The Incredible Hulk
Ant-Man
Thor
Iron Man 3
Age of Ultron

Bad Tier:
Thor 2
Iron Man 2

The score was the best out of the three as well

>Hela's boy toy
user, you can't be. That's me

i fucking love synthwave and it was a perfect match for the movie

youtube.com/watch?v=yC9bCd1-btk

I have little and few complaints here about this. S'fair.

I thought this was fairly well done.
youtube.com/watch?v=cPKq7JuQDvg

IGNORE THIS!!!
I posted a super shitty version.
youtube.com/watch?v=ayhTVShJCt0

AoU was surprisingly good on the rewatch for me as well user. Funny how that works out

This is pretty darned accurate. I'd bump Thor up into mid tier and Thor Ragnarok into great tier, but it's otherwise pretty solid.

I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it again.

Hemsworth, Hiddleston, Ruffalo, and Goldblum carried it as much as they could, but it wasn't enough to save the script.

I agree, we should rank by phases rather than overall. Because, so far, Phase 3 is mostly cosmic or at least really bombastic sci-fi/fantasy: Doctor Strange, GotG2, Ragnarok, Black Panther, Infinity War (and Captain Marvel and Avengers 4 if they count as Phase 3). Civil War and Ant-Man and the Wasp don't fit this tone/aesthetic, but maybe even Ant-Man and the Wasp will, who knows.

I am not counting Spider-Man since it's the Sony stepchild. Not to say it isn't a fine movie, it just isn't "phase 3" to me. More like a spinoff.

All this to say - my ranking:

Phase 1:
Iron Man
Captain America
Avengers
Thor
Iron Man 2
Incredible Hulk

Phase 2:
Winter Soldier
GotG
Ant-Man
Iron Man 3
Age of Ultron
Thor 2

Phase 3:
Civil War
Doctor Strange
GotG Vol. 2
[Spider-Man: Homecoming]

Personally my favorites are Iron Man, Winter Soldier, and Ragnarok, in no particular order. And I didn't pick one from each phase intentionally.

I liked it, though I think the beginning was a bit rushed, though that I guess was meant to clear up everything that Dark World ended with since none of it was actually used for much. Maybe they could have had a bit more time to develop that if they cut out Dr. Strange's cameo, but they kind of already committed to having that scene in there.

Favorite 3 Movies in No Particular Order:
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2
Captain America: Winter Soldier
>I'd add in Age of Ultron if I could. I strangely enjoy that movie.

I'd put Ragnarok on Great Tier or even Mid Tier but other than that I agree with this list.

Pretty solid list. Only thing i'd do is move GOTG 1 into God Tier and swap with Iron Man. Also one of those low Thors should be at Mid.

I put it in second place

1. Captain America Civil War
2. Thor: Ragnarok
3. Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2

I like Captain America: Winter Soldier but I've realized the movie isn't that fun after seeing it 2 or 3 times.

>The Avengers
God Tier? Seriously? The movie is incredible boring and only gets good near the end.
>GREAT TIER
>Captain America: The First Avenger
Come on, Cap 1 is on par with even Thor 1. It's not really good
>Doctor Strange
Rehash of Iron Man but boring. You can't be derious

Feels like what GotG 2 should have been, but doesn't really match the tone the earlier Thor movies had

I get that everyone was bored by Thor 2, but still

I can agree with that.

>The movie is incredible boring and only gets good near the end
There are people who watch anything other than the final battle?

Everyone expected it to be shit, so the fact that it was good was enough to earn infinite love.

Top 5 in order

Winter Soldier
Iron Man 1
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Thor Ragnarok
Ant-Man

1. GOTG
2. TWS
3 Avengers
4. IM
5. GOTG 2
6. Ragnarok

>Rating Civil War above Iron Man 1
Are Cap fags really this retarded?
I like the bloke too but what the fuck?

Why do people like Civil War so much? I remember finding it overly long and boring.

Anyway, Ragnarok, GotG and Avengers 1 are the holy trinity of capeshit.

>Avengers in God Tier
I haven't seen all of the mcu, but that movie really seemed phoned in compared to the others, and the humour was aweful. Why was Agent Coulson all of a sudden some kind of badass that's meant to be important to the story, the part with him and the gun was so lame.

>Civil War in Mid Tier
>Spider-Man in Low Tier
Your list is all kinds of fucked up.

>Best
Winter Soldier
Ragnarok
First Avenger
Civil War
The Avengers

I absolutely despised GotG vol. 2, surprised to see so many people liked it. It's just so damn obnoxious and unfunny.

Cap 2
Iron Man
Gaurdians
Thor 3
All the other dumb shit
The first two Thor movies

My rankings are
>i like it
Avengers
Gotg
Strange
Antman
Gotg2
Thor ragnarok
Spiderman homecoming
>i like some of it
Avengers age of ultron
>i haven't watched it
The rest

>Loved them because they appeal to my niche tier (team ups and magic)
Avengers 1&2, Civil War, Doc Strange

>Very pleasantly surprised tier
First Avenger, Iron man

>I wouldn't mind rewatching them, but don't need to either tier
Winter Soldier, Gotg1&2, IM2&3

>Bring them in front of me at your own risk tier
Thor 1&2

It was a fun and well executed movie. There were great small character moments between the sparks like Banner sacrificing himself to Hulk out risking never getting out again.

There was just no weight to the story.

I would move Dr Strange and GOTG 2 to Alright, and move Homecoming to Good tier for the Vulture alone.

God tier:
Avengers
Captain America: Winter Soldier
Captain America Civil War
Guardians of the Galaxy
Iron Man

Good tier:
Ant Man
Iron Man 3
Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2
Incredible Hulk

Alright tier:
Thor
Doctor Strange

Bad tier:
Iron Man 2

Incredible Hulk is completely under appreciated; also, Luke Cage was shiiiiiiiiit. That's the only thing I'd put in the shit tier for Marvel. Only popular because the first 3 episodes were good and black people like it.

That's how dad did it. That's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far.