In regards to his views on existentialism in view of an infinite multiverse composed of infinite universes...

In regards to his views on existentialism in view of an infinite multiverse composed of infinite universes, was he wrong?

Fuck Owlman, he voted for Drumpf.

No, the people around you are still influenced by your decisions, so shit matters. He was a retard in regards to his views and his plan both.

yes, he was wrong
You should still do good, even if no-you from another multiverse do something bad.

Fuck yes he was wrong, he’s similar to Rick from RaM in that he thinks that because there are infinte variations of reality that somehow devalues life itself. Life is about what you practice and do, comparing it to a cosmic scale is retarded.

Funnily enough, the current metal event pagrees with him. Every choice causes an other universe and some are dark because of that.

I remember someone saying that he was wrong because in the fight between him and bats it was just him and bats. There would have to be a shit ton of people attempting the same thing at the same time he would and then another group of people trying to stop him. His choice ultimately mattered because there was only one of two ways it would of happened

It doesn't matter

Wrong or not,it doesn't matter.

I'd actually even argue that a situation like that would make life more valuable, because out of infinite variations, yours is the only one quite like it and you are the main player (from your own point of view) of it.

Yes, who gives a fuck about universe 2349B where you're the next Hitler to a race of molemen. All that matters are the choices you make in your world.

>Funnily enough, the current metal event pagrees with him. Every choice causes an other universe and some are dark because of that.
but that wasn't Owlman's point
yeah, bad stuff happen, but you still need to carry on
like Batman said, you just stare into the abyss and don't blink, which means, you don't fall into despair and keep fighting

I don't think his issue was with morals. He was already a supervillain before he learned about the multiverse.

I meant with the cosmology of this movie. Not with his conclusion of it.

I can never get over how far apart his eyes ar

just as an aside, it was really a pleasant surprise that they went to this plot. it's a lot deeper than the justice league vs evil mirrorverse league that i expected out of the movie.

it's just his helmet/mask
there are probably some optic devices, telescopes or whatever, which just make him look like an owl with eyes apart

His point was that he never had a choice in the first place. Everything he is, and everything he has, all came from which of the entire multiverse he happened to inside of.

No it is an unlearned, unsophisticated type of anti-realism that your typical edgy teenager espouses.

NO batman has a choice it is all barbatos

Given how he doesn't understand how causality and determinism make his decision to destroy everything no more "free" than the decisions that are negated due to splitting timelines, yes, he's wrong.

If nothing matters, then why was it so important to wipe out everything?

>only the choices you make in your world matter

Jesus christ are you people actually, literally retarded? How can you miss the point so hard? If all possible universes exist, then there is no such thing as free will. Physics has nothing to do with your "choices" (not like you have free will even in a single universe anyway).

Look at a color wheel. It has a gradient of colors stretching the entire visible spectrum, from red to orange to yellow to green, etc etc, and back to red again. Pick a random spot on that color wheel. Let's say you land on a nice cyan color. Did that spot choose to be cyan? No. It's cyan because all colors and exist, and that color wheel is representative of all color wheels, so it has no choice but to be cyan.

You are no different than a meaningless point of colored ink, and Owlman was completely right. The only possible way to make a true "choice" in such a scenario is to change the multiversal state from "everything" to "nothing" (an action/state that cannot be performed by anyone else in any other universe, nor can anyone else in any other universe take the opposite action).

In a world where everything has been done, the only option is to burn it all down.

Fuck dude I cut myself on you. Aw man it's my fingertip the bandage is going to be really uncomfortable jeeezzeee.

What's the point in burning it down if you don't even believe that you're doing it of your own free will?

Owlman did have a choice. He could have chosen to find his own purpose or meaning in the multiverse. Instead, like the psychopath he is, chose to obliterate creation because he had a massive case of "the grass is always greener"

The first time I tried LSD I realized something like this and it's actually been pretty comforting since.

Nothing exists besides your perception of the surrounding.
It doesn't matter.

What do you mean "what's the point"? There is no point. You don't take actions because you want to. You take them because atomic interactions compound and scale up into complex macroscopic movements. You do it because you have no other choice.

>What do you mean "what's the point"? There is no point. You don't take actions because you want to. You take them because atomic interactions compound and scale up into complex macroscopic movements. You do it because you have no other choice.

He was a crybaby, if nothing mattered then his plan didn't mattered either, so shouldn't have gone along with it. But he did went with it so it mattered to him.

>because you have no other choice
There's always a choice, you nimrod. Just because it's one you don't want to take, doesn't mean it isn't there. Whether the choices were set up for you, or not, the fact remains that there's always options. Stop being an autistic edgelord.

The bottom line is that owlman was a manchild in the worst way; He was taking out his insecurities, sadness and anger out at his world, and everyone else's by destroying all of them, it had nothing to do with existentialism, it was just an asshole masking his actual reasons behind something that sounded logical.

was there a batman which killed superman in there

So did he believe that the multiverse was committing suicide using him as the gun?

Devastator, Murder Machine and the Batman who laffs all killed the Supes from their dark verses

No, he believed that since the mutliverse contained every possible reality, that there was no point to anything anyone did, ever, and that the only "real" choice to be made was to destroy the multiverse.

You just said that there was no point to destroying the multiverse because him doing it was already decided.

Which is it, user?

I'm not that user.

OP, I know where you're going with this. You can't just decide to kill people because You think life is pointless. Being a nihilist doesn't make you God, but Owlman's evil so he doesn't really care.

>rolls eyes

Hi Rick. How's season 4 coming?

He was a fucking crybaby. Dandy had near-objective proof he lived in a universe with infinite parallel universes, and he lived his life the way he wanted without some fucking doom and gloom nihilism turning him into a faggot.

That's not Existentialism, that's flat Nihilism.
Nihilism is "It's all pointless so why bother?"
Existentialism is "Even if it's pointless, I'll bother."

Even a lot of people who don't believe in a multiverse or even a determinist universe don't believe in free will.

I don't really see why it matters. Say you have free will. You still have no way of knowing the full and ultimate impact of your choices. And once entropy rips the universe apart, it won't matter even if you somehow had known because everything is gone. Why be depressed about it, though?

Viva namida

Yes since it implies everything being meaningless has any meaning to it, it places a value judgement on the lack of value judgements. If he really believed what he was saying it wouldn't provoke any change in behavior. Nihilism is only a bad thing when viewed from a perspective of meaning, e.g. finding it distressing to realize there's no afterlife if you used to be religious, if you were never religious it's not a bad thing, just how life is.

Just because your neighbor shat in his yard doesn't mean you have to take a shit in everybody's yard.

Ah, the good old days before James Woods started in on his one hundred percent cocaine diet.

Honestly I'm so much smarter than everyone else in this thread that I'm not even going to bother trying to educate you.

As a great trailer once said, I'm tired of doing the impossible for the ungrateful.

I don't see how the fact that your choice has an alternative would mean your choice has no value. Choices are DEFINED by their alternatives. If there's no alternative, there's no choice, if there's no choice, there's no alternatives.

His point was that how this specific multiverse theory worked which doesn’t make a whole sense but whatever was that all choices or actions infinitely divide from earth one like a flower blooming into fractals.

The reason he saw no meaning in everything beyond destroying earth one was that anything he did would creating the opposite through the fractal multiverse.

If I save a person from torture I create infinite versions of reality where they are still tortured or even tortured more. While infinitely in the opposite direction it makes all actions kind of inert.

He wanted to do the one thing that couldn’t be changed, I don’t agree with it but I see his point. I also loved how they made him stick to his ideology so strictly that he died with full understanding of it.

As much as it makes sense in any reality.

> existentialism

Owlman is not an existentialist, Owlman is an edgy faggot.

True existentialism teaches us to create the life we want to live since it will not be given to us.

acknowledge the absurdity of trying to make sense of a random, chaotic universe and start focusing on yourself and what makes you happy. Nothing else matters.

Nietzsche and Sartre, look them up and read their books.

Misanthropic nihilism is "It's all pointless, so why bother."
Nihilism is "The only things that matter are the things we say matter."

>able to travel between universes
>any one universe is "yours"
pick one

Serious question, Did they ever explain how "Prime Earth" got destroyed? Is it actually explained further down the road, perhaps inferred?

Owlman is a godtier character, much like Rick Sanchez from 'Rick and Morty'. Owlman and Rick are both nihilists who don't let other people's pesky moral misgivings stop them from doing what is necessary.

It doesn't matter.

That's cute, just pick up The Antichrist for the first time? It's ok I was 12 once too, you'll grow into a better understanding.

First one is just nihilism
Second is closer to absurdism or just existential nihilism.

How is anything "necessary" to a nihilist? How is anything they do "necessary" under any ethos?

Rick and Owlman realize that through their nihilism they have found ultimate meaning and what is truly necessary to achieve their goals.

So your "thing" is that you randomly mash words together assuming that makes them mean something?

Technically no, but I believe he was wrong.
You could say nothing matters even in the confines of our single little universe. It's still vast and relatively infinite.
But in one moment, a person can experience misery and pain and sorrow, or they can experience happiness and joy and success. These can radiate out and affect you, then the next person. I think that matters.

You just aren't smart enough to understand the nihilistic philosophy that Rick and Owlman espouse. I wish you could understand the greatness that is nihilism but I guess you can't...