She's just mad she didn't get to go on a magical homeworld adventure, isn't she?

I just noticed something, Connie took Lion (the only way to get to homeworld) so since she doesn't get to go to homeworld she's making sure the viewers don't get to go too.

What a bitch.

It was a mistake to train her for combat at all desu
She comes off entitled as fuck when Steven owes her nothing. He healed her eyes, gave her his mothers sword, and she can't even lend absolute loyalty and support in turn. You can tell the boss he made a shit decision, but you don't bail like that. At the very least decide that you quit and say so.

Multiple times in the past Steven questioned involving Connie in Gem shit and fighting, and her emotional fragility has proven him correct. Pearl should've focused more on proper behavior than swordsmanship, especially when a regular human is going to be shit in a fight anyway.

But Steven is a little pussy so whatever. His Mom has a bigger sack than he does.

It's not like the training could do anything. Modern homeworld combat would completely outclass them.

kinda answered the question right?
steven dragged her onto all this gem nonsense by accident (from her first episode) and on purpose (make her a swordswoman) then when it's go time "nope too dangerous".

at least now he knows what dangerous is (compare to all the dangerous plans to burst his bubble shield which he didn't consider dangerous at all).

What? Connie wanted to train to be a swordsman. Steven didn't want her to have anything to do with this after Peridot and them came.

Connie is insufferable.

I'm not gonna enjoy watching the latest batch of episode am I?

i enjoyed it because connie ends up with a good redesign. this batch also knocked lapis off my pedestal which i guess should have been coming for a long time.

also peridot is just genuinely the best character.

God damn where do I fucking begin with this bitch?

Connie wanted to be Steven's knight or whatever, but the reality is Steven's adventures are not human based. I knew this was gonna come around sooner or later that Connie was going to act so entitled like she had the right to get angry when someone told her that it was too dangerous.

Pearl's training couldn't had prepared Connie's ass even if she took Pearl's training 300,000 times a year. Connie is still a human girl, despite what she might thinks and that's the real tough pill to swallow.

Pearl should've focused on what to expect in a battle, it's not gonna be like your video games. At times you are gonna have to slash someone when you didn't expect that you are going to. Pearl's little song just trivalizes things to a big humongous point and made them kiddish. It's why I hated that episode in the first place, Steven knows that his friends could get killed. That he could die in a trap or he could get hurt even more than he usual. But instead of telling Connie the truth that he worries about his friends so often, he basically normalizes it.

But I can't blame Steven for normalizing it at a young age because well, look at Child soldiers sometime Anons, and you know what I'm bitching about.

To summarize this up: Connie is a fucking entitled little girl who probably never has seen someone died in front of her in battle or never has really taken up big responsibility like her boyfriend over there.

Yeah, her attitude bothered me too. It didn't seem like a good reason for her to be mad at Steven. What Steven did was brave and selfless. He wasn't doing it for shits and giggles.

It boils down to her ego. She wanted to be included to make herself feel important.

No. Not at all.

When we first get introed to connie she is weak shy and assumes she is going to die almost as soon as she runs into steven. Her being taken into the adventure was natural since they became friends. Her being taught to fight is also natural since she will be in constant danger being around Steven. The expectation of her being useful and her being a sword for Steven is not her fault, it is pearls and to a lesser degree steven himself. By the time we get through season 3 she is protecting her own parents from monsters and is clearly adept at fusing with steven and using their combined skill to win fights. She is no longer a shy girl who assumes death at the idea of danger.

When steven leaves her and the gems behind to surrender it goes back on their whole relationship. She trained with him for months, to be his sword and he her shield. More then warriors they are friends. From her perspective her best friend and ally just gave up to THE problem. So that he either doesnt actually trust her enough to be his sword, or is so reckless that he would give his own life up on the spot instead of fight (something steven and pearl taught her not to do, to be stronger) and now steven gives in?

The problem with connies anger is that she never express it. She goes back on what should be a huge deal to her and to the gems. Steven being unable to let his friends get in harms way pushes them away from him. It shows a lack of trust that breaks a relationship that is built so heavily on reliance. She was selfish and she did act like a brat, but steven is also very much to blame.

Exactly. She's a spoiled only child who thinks the world revolves around her.

All of what you just said just convinced me to stop watching the show.

no she's mad that she's won't stop shrinking and growing an entire foot depending on the camera angle.

Steven assessed the situation correctly. Aquamarine was OP as fuck with that wand. Stevonnie wouldn't do anything.

Steven did the right thing. Connie was the only one who had a problem with him doing it, and she was only mad for selfish reasons.

I mean. That IS exactly what she said.

Whether they could or couldnt doesnt really matter. That steven didnt trust them to be able to do it their means he almost never will, and so what is the point of the relationship he made with her? If she is supposed to be his sword, but he never lets her swing, she is pointless.

It had nothing to do with distrust. He was protecting them.

>she is pointless

Agreed.

I think thats underselling how others feel. The gems clearly work on a, its ok now so its ok, kind of mindset. The second hes home then everything is ok, why worry. Greg says he was worried but its clear he cant worry so much because of the extreme detachment he has to the gems and what goes on with that. Saddies concern for lars taking precedent makes a lot of sense considering their relationship. Connie being the main antagonizer then, in context, makes plenty of sense.

If you agree then im finding it hard to understand how you dont side with her. If you see her as pointless as she probably feels then how is it hard to understand how upset she is?

No it does matter. Steven showed wisdom by knowing not to bite off more than they could chew. Just because he correctly determined they were facing a foe more powerful than they could defeat doesn't mean he doesn't trust Connie in battle. If anything, she should have been the one to trust his judgement as his partner. Because it was the right call.

If they did fight they would have lost and that would have meant more human liabilities captured on Homeworld that would have greatly increased the difficulty of escape for everyone captured.

Because of her we're missing Lars' adventures. Right now him and the off colors are doing unbelievable stuff.

I hope Connie gets a put down Mable should have given Dipper?!

>mfw people jump to defend Steven even though he literally choked and froze up too hard to fight back at all
>mfw Connie did literally nothing wrong and explained the whole misunderstanding
>mfw salty nerds get butthurt about Steven's emotional vulnerability like that isn't the whole point of his character

You guys really never got past that whole 'boys vs girls' thing, huh.

>all these virgin autist being amazed at normal female behavior
Top kek I

It puts her in the awkward position of never knowing when the right time is going to be though. How often is she going to have to see her best friend and partner on the battlefield leave her behind? And then brush it off likes its no big deal. Im not saying she didnt act dumb, how she handled it was shit but shes not wrong for being upset.

Go back to Tumblr. You're the only one making it about gender roastie.

Its an odd way to look at it......we arent missing it....its on its way. (mable a shit tho)
The show really needs to explain trying to protect everyone from everything all the time isnt a good thing.
Calling it 'female behavior' is about as autist as it gets I feel. But we are on Sup Forums.....

Sorry, I meant to direct this at

>Doesn't give Steven the respect of a heads up she needs space leading to weeks of manipulative panic
>Thinks she has the right to literally steal Lion so far as to make Steven put up lost posters and in turn cutting him off from Lars
>"checks" the house once and doesn't bother to make contact again after Steven is back 2-weeks from vacation
>Wants to meet at a large social gathering sporting a 'I'm changing' hairdo conveniently acquired within the almost month of silence as if that wouldn't unnerve Steven more
You know when Kevin wasn't the worst character in a Kevin episode somethings fucked up, I came out liking Connie a lot less than when I went in

>Calling it 'female behavior' is about as autist as it gets I feel.
Aw whats wrong bitch, you mad a cunt isnt portrayed as the holier than thou cant do nothing wrong victim, but is an irrational pain in the ass who creates problems just to fuck with people?

That kind of judgement is a skill she needs to develop too. If she thinks they can take on anyone and win every fight then she's just putting the both of them in danger. She needs to get over herself.

I agree with most of that yeah, but I still think she was justified in how she felt. She dealt with it poorly but its understandable considering the postion she was put in. I also think the whole lion thing is dumb. If steven texted her telling her he was in danger and needed her help you genuinely think she wouldnt come running with lion? If anything the lars thing seems like a writing oversight.
Nothings wrong its just sad to see someone so thoroughly hurt by the people around them they feel the need to distance and separate and ridicule the people around them to feel safe again. There are many nice people out in the world user and they can be your friends if you let them. Yelling about virgins and how evil women are and the irrationality of emotion says more about you then it does anyone or anything else.

I agree, Connie acts like she's an equal to Steven when she's not. Although that's nobody's fault but Steven's, he's got bullshit deus ex machina gem powers, Connie doesn't, telling and arming a human so she thinks it's okay to hang around with super-beings like gems is a bad fucking idea yet he did it anyway.

It all comes across as if Connie is one of those teens bitching they didn't get to go to a party or something
>UGH, MOM, I WANTED TO GO, HOW COME YOU GET TO GO ANYWHERE YOU WANT?GOD I HATE YOU

You have to remember man, The Gemworld doesn't understand Rose's birth transformation into Steven. They keep calling him rose because he has her gem and everything else. The concepts of genetics doesn't understand nor compute to the aliens whatsoever because so many of them are fucking copies from another except by color.

Steven literally had no choice but to man the hell up and say "You know whatever my mom did, I'll take it. You guys cause too much problems in my home life and you hurt the people I care about." Yeah it was a spit in the face about Stevoniee and Connie's training but that's fucking being an adult. You gotta do something that not everyone's gonna agree with.

You're just making excuses for her acting like a turbo cunt. No matter how justified her feelings of abandonment are it doesn't excuse the shit she pulled. She literally took away Lars' parents only way of connecting to their son across the stars. And worst of all she wasted the time of the audience with all of this crap.

>Connie isn't Steven's equal
>has been fighting gem monsters since her 2nd appearance
>saved Steven's life, arguably multiple times
>they literally fuse
>the whole reason Gems love Earth is because there are no hierarchies

So where did you get this idea that Connie is Steven's inferior? Hmmm, I wonder...

It seems like a lesson she hasnt been taught yet. It just seems odd to me that you really feel that it was stevens judgment acting when it felt to me more like fear and a lack of trust that caused him to give up. Again im not saying they wouldve won but if stevonie and the gems couldnt have won together then her feelings of uselessness within context give her plenty of room to feel like shit.
Shes taken out gem mutations 1v3 solo. As a fusion they could handle gems. Its not unreasonable after months of training with gems and fighting with steven for her to feel like a warrior, she is one. Her inablity to fight a larger foe might not be something she thinks about sure, but its understandable that she might not be able to gauge that yet. Shes young, learning shes not good enough from her best friend and fighting partner is tuff shit.
I agree, but they are not adults. And I dont expect them to act like that. I no its a shit excuse considering everything but I think its reasonable.
The audeince thing is a weird concept....if the show isnt focusing on what you want it to thats more of a writers problem then connie being a bitch. Again, I think if lion was brought up then things wouldve been different but no one brought up lion until steven said he was missing. it wouldnt been better if it showed steven asking connie about lion but he doesnt. He even asumes lion was with kevin the whole time. Steven didnt even know lion was with her, im not sure then that its connies fault....hell you could say its lions fault honestly, hes clearly sentient and aware of the situation

What happened?

Kevin was so fun that episode i really hope we see more of him

>she can't even lend absolute loyalty and support in turn.
Because steven wouldn't fucking let her.

igga i'm mad she didn't get to go on one.

She might have, but you cannot try to tell me that Connie is somehow on the same power level as Steven. The Diamonds are almost gods and Connie is a girl with a sword, I'm not calling her useless but sometimes you gotta know who to bring and who won't be able to handle it, and Connie is the latter, if she went, and died, Steven would've regretted it forever.
>Hmmm, I wonder
What are you implying?

Id suggest watching the new episodes? Connie and steven have a sort of falling out kind of.
Agreed, im hoping the mention of his ex or whatever she is to him means we get a sub-arc involving them.

The writers wrote the character poorly and the character is disliked because she is written poorly. The writers are at fault for wasting the time of the audience while Connie is at fault within the shows world for wasting the time of the other characters. It's very simple.

I dont think she wasted characters time. Shes justified in being upset and needing time to think things out. If thats considered wasted time then why have her as a character?

>powerlevels
user, nothing is more powerful than friendship.
>implying
She doesn't text him back, he apologizes anyway, and you get cranky about it. What is there even to imply?

It isn't a lesson that is taught. It's something that gets picked up through experience. But this situation was not some nuanced one that required a battle tested mind. They just saw Alexandrite wasted with a flick of the wrist. You'd have to be fucking brain-dead to take that fight.

The whole hunt for Lion was a giant waste of time. Not to mention unnecessary stress after the trauma of Homeworld.

Tell that to Pearl, she was mad friends with Rose.
>What is there even to imply
That Connie is being a bitch and she should apologize for being one, that's what's there to imply.

Then they should have given up together. if they couldnt take that fight then maybe the next one. Leaving them behind means giving up, possibly forever. If steven never came back it could have easily been because he didnt take his sword. I think thats worth considering too.
I would argue all stress is unnecessary and it would always be better if people didnt feel different ways but people do. She felt bad and needed time to deal, its a normal human response to almost having your bestie fuckin killed after leaving you behind. Was there a hunt for lion? I thought the whole thing was steven putting up flyers and 10 seconds later learning about kevins party. I dont remember lion being brought up otherwise....steven was too busy planting flowers and making sick ass goth punk music.
I agree she should have said sorry, it was dumb that she didnt.

Honestly if I were in Steven's position I would have gone straight to somewhere I knew she had to be, and if she kept ignoring/not wanting to talk I would have ignored her until she decided to man up and talk again. From my experience with this kinda thing, the more you ignore and 'ignorer', regardless of who is in the right, the faster they drop the passive aggressive not talking games. No use wasting my time with someone not willing to talk things out or at least respond with at least one text for more than a day.

Petty I know, but this is some petty argument that I doubt I'd have with any of my friends in the first place.

When was the last time you enjoyed any batch of episodes?

I think thats how a lot of people would handle it but steven is pretty clearly a ball of emotions with legs. He dealt with it how he deals with most things.

So do you get this mad when real girls don't text back, or only cartoon ones?

Since they've both made awful decisions, would they go well together?

You only noticed that just know?
She only care about the magic shit.

>implying it's about texting back or not
The bitchy attitude it's the problem. Connie is entitled. Kevin was right, if she's gonna behave like that Steven should take her Lion and Sword privileges away.

For what you are saying it seems you belive connie might be getting some punishment for her actions in the next episodes.
I doubt that. I think all the shit she pulled will go unsighted and not adressed at all, making her behavior justified by sugar’s oerspective.

>I would argue all stress is unnecessary
Jesus pal you're really bending things hard to justify you're argument. The stress of things like work or the stress of a deadline is necessary to keep people motivated. If it wasn't useful we wouldn't have it as a species.

The stress that comes when your so called best friend jacks your pet right after you just came back from watching someone die on an alien world is unnecessary stress. And a bitch move.

Its an odd thing because their relationship starts with steven saving her life and offering to be her friend. If he didnt have magic powers he wouldnt have saved her life and they probably wouldnt have been friends. So I think they kind of go hand in hand. Shes in it for the magic friend, not just the magic....if that makes sense.
I feel like treating someone like a child generally makes them more like a child in the end.
I would like it to continue and for her to give an apology, for stevens guardian complex to be brought and and dealt with somewhat and for connies place as stevens sword to be better defined so the next fight doesnt turn into a white flag waving contest. But I doubt it. I can hope though.
Her emotions and the way she deals with them being inconvenient is part of being in a friendship with her. I can understand you not being able to put up with someone like that but steven can and does. She not in the wrong for being who she is. If the lion thing was such a big deal steven had more then seventeen ways of getting lion back. if it was an issue it wouldve been brought up. The fact steven thinks lion is missing at all is the oddest part considering the dumb thing goes gallivanting off every other episode and shows up when it wants to. its not just some dumb animal and has a lion (sorry) share of the blame in my opinion

>implying Lion and sword are privileges
>this goalpost moving
Sorry that your tears won't heal that blasted booty, user.

There wasn't time to convince Connie that they couldn't win the fight. The call he made was correct. Escaping the planet alone is much easier than escaping with a huge easy to spot inexperienced group. No matter how she feels she needs to accept that he made the right choice. His path logically had the best chance of success and the lowest possible casualties. Even if it did separate them.

I liked the homeworld episodes. And I like the Lars of the Stars preview.

Fine but her needing time to accept that and get over him leaving and almost dying is just as logical. And still puts her in the awkward position of wondering where she exactly fits in as his sword.

>that
>goal posting
>magic shit that it's basically lended
>not privileges from having a gem friend
For all we know Connie could very much be in school instead of bitching about not going on space adventures. She's being a bitch, sorry that you have to be wrong, but you are.

>She not in the wrong for being who she is
Yeah she is. Being who you are is not an excuse you get to use when you do wrong to others. I'm not saying other characters shouldn't forgive her. I'm just saying she did terrible things and she's even worse if her character doesn't come to that realization.

>would like to give an apology
I dont think it will come from steven since he is a faggot, but I can imagine next episodes being with Pearl being crazy mad at her. Thats the proper behavior of someone who stayed at her loved one side even when she was getting murdercucked to another who bailed for a month, leaving sten “unguarded”

It was Steven's fault for letting some dumbshit muggle bitch into his life in the first place.

Except that Aquamarine was just gonna take Steven and the other humans to the zoo. And the Quartz staff is on Steven's side. If he hadn't given into his martyr complex, it would have been a trivial matter to escape.

That's fine. As long as she accepts that can't be used to excuse her from the trouble she caused while she was pouting.

Where in the show did they say they were taking the humans to the Zoo?

Im not sure how her needing time to process the events and deal with her emotions count as terrible things but if you really feel shes done something terrible in all of that then I cant argue with you. I firmly disagree, I feel she is justified in her feelings and though she doesnt deal with the problems well or with grace she dealt with them how she could.
If only the show got half that depth-full. I sometimes forget that more then half of the 'information' i know about the show is basically theory crafting and user headcannons. I doubt will get more then two lines from pearl about anything....if we even see her.
rude
Itd be a gamble to assume there wouldnt be better security/ the head of the zoo not prepping for it.
I dont think she caused trouble? Steven stressing over it sure but besides that no one suffered. At a stretch you could say lars didnt get enough food but we have no fuckin clue whats up with him so id rather not theory craft.

You're a fucking dumbass. Yellow Diamond would not at all be satisfied with killing Rose because she thought that Rose was corrupted or destroyed and still wanted the Cluster.

Steven wasn't making the hard choices, he was giving in to his Messiah complex because he is not emotionally mature enough to handle bad people still having loved ones, and people die during wars.

The confusion and stress she caused was terrible. Remember the whole jacking his pet deal?

Where the fuck else would they go?

Fuck food. She took away Lars' only connection to other humans and his home. She isolated him from his earth friends and family.

To steven it was bad yes, but that is just as much steven being who he is as her being who she is. And again, the lion thing is questionable at best. Steven only considered him lost days after he left with connie and even then he didnt think connie even had him, on top of lion being perfectly capable of coming back on his own and knowing full well lars's situation. Its just as much on lion as anyone else.

Lion isn't a pet shithead. He does whatever he wants whenever he wants or whenever Steven says the right phrase and Lion decided Steven needed to stop sucking.

In all honesty that's just down to literally everyone raising Steven completley failing to do an even mediocre job despite him being planned and them knowing well in advance what he could be capable of. Pearl gave up training after one try after he failed once. Greg wouldnt even put him through basic education. Garnet is basically a non entity and Amethyst wasn't really involved by nature.

He's literally an emotionally stunted teenager acting as if he were half his age, being forced into training by literal good boy points, having absolutley no life skills or practical abilities to make up for his awful training in powers that he wasn't even told he'd be getting properly until they came up. But the narrative frames him as a kind of perfect messiah of emotional maturity who's only problem is sacrificing too much.

If this was a concern to anyone I didnt see it. Connie 'taking away' lion is again, questinable. He can go where-ever he wants. If steven was at all worried for lars he didnt show it. Saddie was the only one to care beyond lars parents and neither party ever asks or even considers trying that. Saddies too busy with her horror-core punk rock and lars parents are to busy not being characters.

We all know lion is an asshole. That's well established. But Connie is supposed to be better. You're literally equating the empathy of a human to a cat and trying to push the fault onto the cat. Your house cat doesn't give a shit about you.

He's such a prick..

Guys guys guys, you have to come to realize that actually, the reaction Connie had was understandable.
See, she's a teenager, they usually are egocentric and spoiled, don't know better at that age, and it doesn't helps that she's the only child.
I agree, how she dealt with the whole thing could have been better, but it does makes sense how she reacted. In the end, we have to see the whole picture. And she had a point as pointed by other ITT. We cannot compare our judgment with theirs.

>It's a 'drama gets forced because characters run away like autists instead of talking things out' episode

The other characters reaction to the situation doesn't make it any less fucked up. How bout the next time you go to a far off alien planet I rip away the one and only connection you have to Earth?

Doesn't change the fact that Connie kept the knowledge of Lion's whereabouts from Steven.

Homeworld. Why send a powerful Aquamarine to gather specific subjects if you're just going to dump them in the Zoo?

Im saying its not just on connie to decide where lion should and shouldnt be and that even if she wanted him to be somewhere it doesnt mean she could do anything about it. If any other character cared for lars and his predicament past his parents I didnt see it. Saddie brings it up once before going goth rock.
Hes basically a pedo isnt he? After learning stev is 2 literal children he still chases after them like he wants to bang...its odd as fuck.
This is after many many years on this site....one of the most confusing posts I have ever seen.
Nice fuckin get. But sincerely user youve never needed a few days to think something over before talking it out?
Im saying within context it shows that not only did she have little control over the situation her apparent lack of interest isnt at all unique. As for the what if, its not as if I know jack shit about if my only connection is here there or anywhere. Id deal with it....what else can I do?
I dont remember him asking her for his wereabouts?

Connie was annoying but Steven isn't in the right. You don't sacrifice your king to save a pawn, even if that pawn became a knight/rook.

Reminder that Connie's VA is a qt.

I feel like part of it is that the gems honestly couldn't conceive of Homeworld ever returning to Earth, and understand neither what Rose wanted Steven to be or what's best for Steven.

As for education, I don't know his reading comprehension and vocabulary seem just fine, he's never seemed to struggle with math, seems to have a basic but broad understanding of science, and is proficient with multiple instruments. It's really just history and socialization he's shitty in.

It's not a sacrifice when you can escape.

Somehow it still blows my mind to see VA's and try to imagine how they sound like the character. Something about it is just....so weird and so cool.

Why isn't she getting jumped on for whitewashing?

They didn't know they could escape at the time, Steven was prepared for the end. It very well could have been the end.

Giving himself up alone makes it easier to slip away than having to shepherd a group of captives.

I don't watch SU because I don't support the creator or her views.

Was this a rare occasion where a show portrayed a female lead with a flaw? From my brief exposure to the show it looks like they all come across as Mary Sue's who's actions are always justified.

...to make sure they were caught? It's not like Aquamarine didn't repeatedly state that this assignment was incredibly beneath her and was phoning it in to the point where she admitted that Steven was almost certainly lying about being "my dad" but just didn't care.

Considering Blue Diamond frequently visits the zoo, and the only reason she wants more humans is because Pink Diamond liked them, there's literally no reason to bring them anywhere else.