How did he die?

How did he die?

Wasn't it said hibernating in the iceberg shortened his lifespan?

Prostate cancer.

no

he died so they can have a progressive new character

We should get another avatar series. Preferably before Aang's time so we dony have to deal with bending only with punching.

Like a bitch

as he lived.

he got aids

Yes. His time spent in the iceberg caused health problems that killed him relatively young.

Who cares, go back to looking for rule 34 of futanari korrasami and shut up

Bryke killed him

>Rule34

I honestly thought they were foreshadowing a big twist when they put Amon's mask on his statue

How the fuck was that twist gonna work?

Aang has to be dead for the show to even exist.

Nah, Amon was just being a dork.

It'd be like if Isis invaded America and drew fake mustaches on Mt. Rushmore.

He was handsome af as an adult.

Diarrhea from a vegan burrito.

I remember when people thought Amon would be Aang. It would have seriously retarded, but I suppose it would have been better than a literally who.

AUTO EROTIC ASPHYXIATION

Too much poon

No, any more will only make it worse. Let it die and save itself through nostalgia.

he looks a lot like NPH here

Aang's heart stopped when he was frozen. He died when he got shot with lightning. There were ways it could have been done.

They shoot at you if you try this don't do it.

>they gave aang a shitty chinstrap beard

Well gee. There goes my whole weekend.

Probably peacefully in his sleep, if he'd have been shot or run over or something they'd have probably made a bigger deal of it

>so we dony have to deal with bending only with punching.
nice meme

Choked on a piece of toast while doing his taxes.

Walked in on Sokka and Katara having sex. Killed Sokka but couldn't bring himself to killing Katara, so he committed suicide.

Those were good times

>Rule 34

You know, there are worse ways to go, but I can't think of a more undignified way than autoerotic asphyxiation...

IDK, Cancer or something.

Killed in his sleep by Sokka

what do you mean?
it's more of the Avatar unvierse

More series is always good!

Now I will direct you to a poll where you will answer some simple questions from our viewership outreach department....

He tripped and fell.

the real question is did he Die before or AFter Appa

Honestly even going after Aang's time wouldn't even be so bad were it not for the fact that they force the narrative to focus on the Avatar. The setting and setup for much of LoK had so much potential, but consistently was weighed down by the fact that Korra had to be at the center of the events each time. What would have been far more interesting (and would be interesting to consider if the franchise were to be expanded) would be,to have individual seasons focus on characters specific to the conflicts in question and just relegate the Avatar to what their role is supposed to be in-universe: a largely passive mediator between the human and spiritual worlds.

Season 2 of LoK for example, as much as I thought it was a trainwreck and should have been skipped entirely, was I think the only season where the Avatar's involvement made sense in-universe given the nature of the conflict.

Then there's seasons 1. There was so much wasted potential with that setup in no small part because Korra had to be shoehorned into the thick of it. What might have been far more interesting would have been to remove the Avatar from the plot (almost) entirely and have the plot shift focus between characters on both sides of the Equalist conflict (both for and against status quo). On top of that, considering that whole conflict was sold as being a bottom-up movement born of the frustrations and internal conflicts within the society itself, have it where regardless of outcome in that season, remnants of the conflict linger on much later. Hell, I'd even argue that it would be even more interesting for the Equalists to have won at the end of season 1 under this narrative structure.

(1/2)

Season 3 by extension could have and should have been about literally anyone else standing in opposition to the Red Lotus: people who would have a more vested interest in the conflict. Aang and gang rallying against the Fire Nation made sense in their series because they had all lost something to that conflict. Korra has no such involvement and gets roped in essentially because she's supposed to be the big heroine.

Assuming all of the above happens, then it would have made season 4 far more impactful and sensible. The rise of the Earth Empire would have marked a high risk of the world plunging into another Great War scenario that all previously involved parties would have interest in preventing. On top of that, Kuvira's eventual attack on Republic City would have made sense beyond just restoring old borders: there would be an underlying ideological conflict between the earth/metal-supremacists in the Empire and the violently anti-bender Equalists of Republic City. That too would have made the involvement of previously established characters more compelling considering there is no clear side to support; one side seeks to fill the role the Fire Nation once filled while the other seeks the abolition of bender dominance across the world (which would likely conflict with many/most of the main characters themselves being benders).

(2/2)