Justice League early reactions

So it's...not terrible? Or is it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3uy-yyiZ7tQ&t=69s
youtu.be/n2K4gWWDQlo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Schrodinger's Justice League.

It's both crap and amazing until you watch it yourself.

>Didst thou truly think though could-e'en collectively-challenge the Mighty THOR!?

Pretty fucking slow aren't you retard?

>martha joke

oh ho no no no no

It sounds like everything Snyder did is shit but people like the inter-League bants that were obviously Whedon's entire purpose to insert. I'm expecting Avengers, but with worse plot and pacing.

>Humor
>Funny
Oh no

Considering the amount of fun mentioned it'll probably be mediocre at best.

Terrible of course. They probably expected it to be complete shit and it ended up being only kind of shit.

So basically this was a desperate attempt to un-Snyder the entire universe resulting in a inoffensive, forgettable movie that you'll mildly enjoy

Just like any Marvel movie

This is gonna be great!

I'm going to guess Thor 2 level

>Batman is drunk
So Ben was just method acting all this time?

Well, for RT Thor 2 is better than Life Aquatic and Darjeeling Limited, 2 of my favourite movies.

If Justice league achieve the same score, it will do Jurassic World BO numbers

So it's kind of uninteresting and "okay-ish" by DC standards? It's probably shit. Did you guys see the Aquaman Island video?

Not as bad as Black Panther chasing a car

Okay I know you're just trying to start companywar bullshit, but whats the problem with Black Panther chasing a car? Guy is referring to this video too I believe
youtube.com/watch?v=3uy-yyiZ7tQ&t=69s

I'm more excited to see a giant ball of shiny aluminum walking around and trying to act like an actual character

It looks terrible

I know that you guys like to hate Snyder, but are you not able to see that the DCEU is slowly tunrning away from his visions?

And if guys really like this kind of movies, what is the problem in supporting it?

Even Feige suffer through the beginning of his career with movies like Fantastic Four and Daredevil until a miracle happened and Iron Man was born.

I fucking hated the last three Marvel movies, but i went and watched with the hope that they will get the characters right

>Pretty much all of Superman's scenes are Whedon reshoots

Maybe they'll release a director's cut later called Justice League: The No Fun Allowed Edition

Fuck off Sup Forums

Is there a fan edit yet of BvS thats actually tolerable? I think theres one of Prometheus

>>Takes off shirt
>>Wild whooping
The fuck was that?!

*Inhales*

What an awkward looking flop. Taking a breath and that terrible background don't help either

>Those comments

Sup Forums is about to get BTFO again isn't it?

Seems like the characters are carrying to movie instead of the story.

What if I don't care about live action capeshit to begin with?

Can't really trust any review that say "Wonder woman was great". Gal Gadot will never be a good wondie

But she is a good WW

WTF is wrong with you?

She's an awful twiglet that can't act

>Darjeeling Limited
For a minute there I thought you were making a joke on Django Unchained.

Great movie by Wes Anderson. Check it out

>Calling this woman awful

Thats how i know you never kissed a girl

It sounds like we should be bringing back the BRAVO WHEDON meme

But these reviews range from Ok to good

You really are chills, don't you?

>Justice League is a lot of fun

Uh oh.

THAT'S BRRRRRISK, BABY

youtu.be/n2K4gWWDQlo

Yeah a Justice League story should be as dark and miserable as possible

She can't act but gosh is she cute.

I'm not implying that. "fun" is just that vague word that every film reviewer is describing Marvel movies as these days. I reckon we'll come to realize it means the film is entertaining in a family friendly way sometimes.

>The reviews are all praising Gal
>All the people who saw Wonder Woman will see JL
>Literally no competition for a month
>You live in the timeline where Gal Gadot saved DC
>yfw

Is this the 'Sonic Forces' of superhero movies?

It's Final Fantasy IX. Obviously inferior to the "bleak" games that came before but it's better for it's fanatical fans because it's "fun" and crammed with call backs.

Family friendly and funny doesn’t mean it can’t be sharp and witty.
Its just that both companies tried to do similar installments with bleak outlooks for their heroes and they dropped the ball.

So they’re playing it safe... This isn’t bad per se, just predictable.

The only way to be successful is to be not ambition, I thought you knew by now

>You live in the timeline where feminism requires you softball all criticism against women and give them a pass at everything
ftfy

Fuck you, Whedon. Fuck you a million times. We had one thing, one little thing that we enjoyed, and you had to come in and ruin it. If this movie is the shitstain it looks to be, I will never stop hating Whedon and the WB execs until the day I die.

What the fuck was that noise when he took off his shirt?

It sounds like the movie is going to be the same as Wonderwoman, which was a total, catastrophic cluster-fuck in terms of story if you slowed down to think about it. Why's the bomb on a timer? Why did Ares help Diana thwart his evil plan? It only works if you go out of your way to forgive it.

The Justice League movie will be retarded, and you'll be required to forgive it, but maybe you will because you really like Batman and Wonder Woman.

>Why did Ares help Diana thwart his evil plan?

Oh so you're a retard

Yes, blame Whedon for the tire fire that Nolan started and Snyder continued.

>very whedon-y humor, but the film is very snyder for the rest of the package
Absolute trainwreck confirmed

>The story is lacking, but the League is great

You mean the most important part of a film is lacking?

Whedon is the reason Momoa has literally zero acting ability?

At least you can admit it, now.

So the general gist seems to be along the lines of

"The plot, antagonist, and decisions aren't great, but boy the League sure is amusing. I love WW. It could have been much worse."

Batman is drunk

SOLD

The Life Aquatic is a top 3 favorite for me, it's a near-flawless gem of a movie and Wes Anderson's best.

The Darjeeling limited is a fantastic film. I couldn't believe the reviews when I read them.

Haven't seen life aquatic but I probably should.

It's similar to how the reviews are unbelievable once you've actually seen the movie. Darjeeling isn't one of my favorites from Anderson but it's a great movie. The criticism for Life Aquatic is that the characters are assholes and you can't sympathize with any of them, but the movie is actually sympathetic as hell and the characters, while many act like assholes or have asshole tendencies, all have a really emotional heart and weight to their arcs. The ending never fails to make me cry, it's a really poignant, beautiful movie and I was shocked that it's so disliked and always ranked so low in his filmography.

No, not fun! I hate fun!

>So the general gist seems to be along the lines of
>"The plot, antagonist, and decisions aren't great, but boy the League sure is amusing. I love WW. It could have been much worse."

This could hit 90% on RT, altough it probably won’t. Definitely Fresh, though.

also the Tomatometer is ass and we should all ignore it.

I love Life Aquatic so much

You seem to care enough to shitpost in one of their threads.

These are lukewarm for a social embargo lift. Usually here's where a movie's shilled the most with SPECTACULAR, AMAZING, ORGASMIC, GROUND BREAKING and other bullshit. But at least it won't be another ss.

>when the early reactions are people saying they had some fun but they recognize it was an awful movie
yeah its going to be shit

I don't know why people want JL to be super serious. The Avengers comics are way more serious than the JL comics are.

>most of the reviews are, "it's not a great movie, but some of the League made me laugh"

Wow, what a ringing endorsement.

>some problems
>story is lacking
>super thin and has some very weak CG
>Narratively it's a mess

This is truly the work of Zack "The Hack" Snyder

>the story is coherent
>as if it was some sort of compliment
lel

I think it'll be another WW situation.

WW was an okay superhero film that got a huge boost because "okay" was a far step above what came before. It looked better by comparison.

So having an "okay" JL film will get a boost to being "great" because everyone was expecting an absolute train wreck.

I kinda want to see it just to play "spot the whedon reshoots"

It got a boost because people had apparently wanted a Wonder Woman film for ages and the first two-thirds of the movie were great.

If there's too much Snyder in JL then it's not going to perform well.

Was Wonder Woman really that great? I haven't seen it, but everyone I've heard or seen talk about it makes it seem like the movie was about as near to perfection as you can get, but I know nothing can be that good. I've got nothing against Gadot or the DCEU, either, it just looked kinda generic to me, if only because of my familiarity with Diana I guess.

The fight scenes in Themyscira and at the climax are a bit cringe, but overall it's a solid story that never rubs feminism in your face despite all the possible opportunities to do so. You get a great sense of Diana's heroism throughout the story as well.

I've seen the movie and it is so fucking obvious what Whedon has inserted in. His jokes fuckgin suck and take away from the flow of the movie and you can TELL THEY ARE HIS BEAUSE ALL THE RESHOOTS HE DOES ARE WITH TV STYLE SHOTS AND CHEAP CGI. SYNDER DID HIS STUFF ON LOCATION AND DOES LONG SHOTS. LOOK AT THE FUCKING RESHOOTS ONT HEAQUAMAN CLIP ALL THE BAD CGI IS WHEN WHEDON INSERTS HIS SHIT

This movie was def brought down a notch from reshoots and whedon humor. 6.5/10.

Still you should be happy because Whedon probably single handedly is going to add at least 50% to its RT score and 300 million to its box office.

>Was Wonder Woman really that great?
Yes. Really the only complaint I have was how Diana is apparently the only Amazon who can deflect bullets.

Have you seen the other DCU movies?

>that you'll mildly enjoy
At least it will be enjoyable.

>but are you not able to see that the DCEU is slowly tunrning away from his visions?
Yes, that's why we are happy. You do not write dark and broody if you can not write this kind of stuff right.

Snyder is able to give the right kind of feeling, but he fail at providing the substance required to sustain it. And then it fall flat. The "Martha" thing being the stupidest case of it.

Movie adaptation of comic material is Sup Forums related.

>We had one thing, one little thing that we enjoyed
What are you talking about and how did Whedon ruin it?

Its literally the same OP post and reply that was on Sup Forums q

>which was a total, catastrophic cluster-fuck in terms of story if you slowed down to think about it.
It's the best DCCU so far. And no, it's not a clusterfuck.

He doesn't even understand what Ares actual plan was. Don't worry about it

It was extremely mediocre, with a terrible final act. It got praised to much because of the female lead and director

>Why's the bomb on a timer?
?

It isn't? Do you suffer from sever lack of attention span? Steve had to made them blown up himself.

>Why did Ares help Diana thwart his evil plan?
He didn't

Apparently Superman was originally going to be revived only to be brainwashed as cliffhanger. Does anyone know if there's a reliable source on this?

>It got praised to much because of the female lead and director
You think Sup Forums give a fuck about that? No it as praised so much because it was the first DCCU to not suck.