I'm either too autistic for this autism or not autistic enough

Warning, drunk rant ahead

Every time SvtFOE goes on break and comes back I get confused because I can't remember ever fucking thing that ever happened on the show like some of you apparently can. Wikpedia doesn't help, because all I find is a bunch of bullshit about Mewberty and Purgatory and other "lore" that I swear was never actually mentioned on the show.

What has me hung up now, having watched the first new episode, is that Star didn't go home with Marco and instead stayed in Mewni. The reasons for this are probably supposed to be obvious but I'm just not seeing it. toffee was defeated. Everything is fine now, so why am I being subjected to the autistic adventures of Star Butterfly and her annoying friend Ponyface McFuck instead of the marginally less autistic adventures of Star Butterfly and her friend Marco McMexicanpants? Why the fuck is there all this drama. why can't the show just go back to normal and be about marco and star and janna all trtying to fuck each other behind there backs?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animated_television_series
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>be about marco and star and janna all trtying to fuck each other behind there backs
Stop acting like Janna is a main character

>What has me hung up now, having watched the first new episode, is that Star didn't go home with Marco and instead stayed in Mewni.

I'm in the same boat as you friend.

Later on in the season we see Marco and he's bummed that Star's not around but it's like... dude! You have Dimensional Scissors! There's no need for any of this drama! You can literally go see her right now and be back instantly. But everyone treats him leaving Mewni and her staying as some big dramatic fucking thing.

>having sub-70 IQ
I'm so sorry

the events of Toffe made her realize she has to REALLY start taking her duties of becoming the eventual ruler of Mewni more seriously, and since living on Earth was the whole reason for learning that in the first place, since she has learned it, she no longer NEEDS to live there.

This show is NOT good.

I'm really surprised Sup Forums likes it.

OK, so I just watched Sophomore Slump and what the fuck. I NEVER appreciated Marco x Jackie until now. I never even got the appeal of it, really, but now that I finally do they break up?!. Fuck this show and the way it plays with my feelings.

>really suprice Sup Forums has shit taste
Dose the sun rising and your heart beat shock you to, or did your autism enter its final form?

Sup Forums seems to hate most of the shows I like, and like most of the shows I hate.

OK, that makes sense, but I don't see how the show's going to return things to their status quo. Marco can't just live on Mewni now.

>Later on in the season we see Marco and he's bummed that Star's not around
Jesus you're a brainlet. The next time we see Marco is in Sophomore Slump and he doesn't even mention Star as his reason for missing Mewni. He wants to go back because his life on Earth is shit compared to the adventures he had on Mewni and he goes back to take River up on his offer of knighthood. Marco is an adrenaline junkie and this has been touched upon last season in Running With Scissors.

>do they break up?!
You can NOT be this retarded, can you?

Its not. Did you watch the new intro or outro?

We're more "starved for content" than "into" anything.

>Everything is fine now, so why am I being subjected to the autistic adventures of Star Butterfly and her annoying friend Ponyface McFuck instead of the marginally less autistic adventures of Star Butterfly and her friend Marco McMexicanpants? Why the fuck is there all this drama.
Because shitty writing.

On the contrary, it's the only good western cartoon being produced right now.

Alex...

Which reminds me:
I'm into Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, Rick & Morty, Steven Universe, Bob's Burgers, Archer, BoJack Horseman, Over the Garden Wall, Regular Show, the one with the horses - Is there any new show I should be watching right now or is there a show in the past few years I should've been watching?

Shes staying because She wants to focus on ruling but I also forgot everything from every episode before.

You don't actually have taste, so probably all of them.

Sometimes I was just desperate for new content.
So give me more shows to watch!

This

I told you, all of them.

Have you tried 2000s cartoons?

Adding Mc to character's names isn't witty.

Like what?

For older cartoons I already watched Ren & Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, Moral Orel, Avatar and probably some more which I can't remember. I also watched a metric shit ton of cartoons in the 90s when I was a kid. But I watched all of them in German on TV.

We lost the purest cinnamon roll this show had.
She never had her own chance to truly shine. But Sophomore Slump came closest.

CampCamp

Google 2000s cartoons and watch everything that pops up

It's very good.

It isn't flawless though, and this thread has good points.

Literally just scroll through the Wikipedia articles "List of animated television series" articles and watch whatever looks interesting to you, avoiding anime if you want to stick to Sup Forums material.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animated_television_series

OK K.O. is alright, no deep lore but it's fairly funny. F is for Family is a nice adult animation that is pretty decent (beyond its aesthetic). If you like monster of the week shipping shit Miraculous isn't half bad (or half good). If you haven't seen Venture Brothers, get on that shit. DC has a very strong animated universe so if you haven't you might wanna give Superman/Batman TAS a watch and if you like that JL and JLU and the newest JLA is pretty funny and keeps some action in which is nice. You didn't list Avatar so I'm also gonna give Avatar (not Korra) an obligatory suggestion. Trollhunters is dope as shit and season 2 is coming soonish.

"Thanks"

Oh, yeah, I've seen Venture Bros. and it's always a pain to wait for the new season. I mentioned Avatar here: I'm not the biggest fan of DC and Marvel but I should probably watch the old Batman series at one point. I will look into the other cartoons you mentioned. Thanks!

The animation style is a bit icky but I will watch an entire episode or two to see if I like it.

i am just gonna say thank god for Ian and KO
>this shipping shitfest or tumblniverse featuring townies 99% of the time

I just want Star to get cucked again. I’m tired of seeing her being a bitch to Marco and I’m tired of Marco being a retard. Every episode next week before Night Life might just be Star and Marco botching at each other and so Marco just leave Star to fuck Hekapoo on his dragon cycle while star becomes the Little cuck quean she was meant to be.

>my favorite shows are Pretty Little Liars and Vampire diaries XDDD

Here are my 2000/2010s cartoon recs, user.
I'd even suggest watching the crossed-out ones once, just to see. You might like them too.

i don't even know what those are user

People who sexualize children usually are pretty dumb.

Star is still eternally best girl.

Those shows are really nothing like Star vs the forces of evil. Do you just think all shows with a female lead are the same or something?

... Buffy the Vampire Slayer...?

OP here. Just wondering when did I sexualize anyone?

Female characters are almost invariably terribly written. So... basically, yeah.

Definitely not. Some minor similarities in character premise, but completely different arcs, and much better writing. Whedon is unbelievably horrible

Well at least we know why you're so wrong.

Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.

user... I *want* media with great female characters. It's extremely rare, and difficult to find.
They're just really fucking hard to write well.

>Star vs is not teen drama i swear!!!11

It's got a bit of Teen Drama, but it's nowhere near as bad as Steven Universe

Deep down we all have a weakness for teen drama
Also have exactly 61 Jackies

>I get confused because I can't remember ever fucking thing that ever happened

REWATCH REWATCH REWATCH!

Do you know how many fucking times I've rewatched most of the episodes? Enough times to keep me sated for months. You should too, you might pick up on stuff you didn't before.

>is that Star didn't go home with Marco and instead stayed in Mewni

The very first episode showed us that Star is kinda unreliable with her magic usage and needs to learn to handle it better. She thought she was going to be sent to St. Olga's but instead was sent to another dimension, specifically to Earth, where the damage she'd cause wouldn't be a problem for the Mewman kingdom....

In the episode Toffee, Star truly dipped down, revived the magic in her wand, undoing the whispering spell's effect (S1 Storm the Castle) becoming MORNING STAR and utterly destroying Toffee, saving the day. Which is more than enough evidence that she knows how to handle her magic.

TL;DR Star learned how to use her magic better, thus she doesn't need to stay on Earth anymore, which is why she was sent there in the first place.

It's because of the time dilation. A lot more time goes by on Earth than on Mewni.

I might be wrong, but I think the time Marco took to defeat Toffee with Star and co was basically most of the summer on Earth.

Not that user. You should really check out Camp Camp, it's kinda like South Park but a smidge more tame and doesn't as have as big of a budget.

also there's ships to ship!!

>more tame
Literally half the appeal gone
>doesn't as have as big of a budget
What budget?

It's still pretty good though, has a little more focus on like hidden perosnal turmoil and problems but the black humor is still there and it's pretty good.

I meant budget as in South Park is now a half musical act basically and Camp Camp is made by a small crew for free.

This show.

It looks very girly, and it is, but it's also a deconstruction of fairy tales. and puts forth a question of Free Will vs. Destiny.

In short, at Ever After High, the Fairy Tale High School were students are though to take over their parents'fairy tale roles, there are two groups: the people who want to embrace their destiny, like Apple White, daughter of Snow White; and the students who want to choose their own destiny, like Raven Queen, daughter of the Evil Queen. Problem is that the former needs the latter group, because how can you tell Snow White's story without an Evil Queen?

The interesting thing is that neither Royals or Rebels is shown as 'right'. It's very easy to make Apple White the villain of the show, but instead, she's the second main character, and a thoroughly good person, who just needs Raven to play her part so that the kingdom doesn't fall into disaster. Furthermore, on each side there are characters that are affiliated in name only. Madeline 'Maddie' Hatter is a Rebel, but she loves what her fathers does, and can't wait to follow into his footsteps. She's just a Rebel because she loves and wants the best for her friend Raven. On the other end there's Duchess Swan, a Royal who's destined to become a Swan and die too young after getting her heart broken as the Swan princess from the Swan Lake. She desperately wants to change that destiny, but she remains a Royal, because she can't risk losing what little she has in the short time of normal life she has left until graduation, when her Story begins.

Also, lesbian princesses (Apple White is kissed by Princess Charming)

Whatcha mean? I dont remember any teen drama breakups and love traingles in SU.

Saw that first episode
It looks like a good show
>inb4 next episodes show goes to the shiter
Lets hope not , i believe in you user going to watch the other episodes.

I do apologize mah nigga but I bet you'll marathon that shit. It does get better and S2 is a blast.

The lore and anything to do with the main storyline is fucking awesome. But too bad the show is half filler about who Star and Marco want to fuck that day. This show could be one of the best shows out there. Just look at this week’s bomb. The ONLY interesting shit that happens is with Eclipsa, but it is just teased to death and barely moves forward. I wish Marco would just pound Jackie’s butt so Star has to move on.

If you like Archer, try the short-lived Spy Groove

>The lore and anything to do with the main storyline is fucking awesome.
No, it's not. It's barely above 5-year-old writing.

I think you're giving 5 year olds a little too much credit there, bub.

Megas XLR is some good shit. Highly recommend to everyone.

Honestly rewatching is mandatory for everything unless you have a completed series with all the episodes and a good brain noodle that skillfully likes to remember things.

Ain't nobody got time for that.

Thanks I will make good use of these

>Stop acting like Janna is a main character
go away jackiefag, she is

Janna is a meme character, that's all.

>motorcity
IT STILL FUCKING HURTS

I feel you, friendo.

generator rex

But she's our meme.
A funny one. She will bring everyone together.

I havent rewatched most of em, honestly I know I sound like a self aggrandizing braggart fucktard saying this, but its not hard to remember.

>anime Pepe
Just when I think I've seen all of them...