Thor: Ragnarok

I know I'm late but I just came from watching it and I gotta say it was absolutely amazing. I thought going full comedy wouldn't work with Thor but it really did. I would even say it pulled it off way better than with Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2. Easily the best Marvel movie this year, surpassing the disappointing Spider-Man Homecoming and surprisingly beating Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2.

Other urls found in this thread:

cinemablend.com/news/1714409/what-happened-to-sif-after-thor-the-dark-world-according-to-kevin-feige
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>We're never getting a marvel movie that isn't a full comedy again
>DC is being forced to crack 6 jokes a miniute because (((critics))) hate any capeshit that's not a comedy
>This film is going to make far more than it should or deserves
Well, atleast Hela was sexy, too bad there's no good ass shots in the film

I just watched this today as well. I was one that liked dark world so seeing marvel scrap their original direction for the thor movies and just make it guardians 3 is kind of weird. I really enjoyed it though

>Thor makes like 10 jokes in the first 5 minutes

It just felt really weird and forced, and it didn't exactly get any better in that regard as the movie went on, though I still liked it a lot over all.

especially Cate Blanchett

Shame we never got any gladiatorial fights leading up to Hulk. Then again, theres so much shit crammed in this movie that for the sake of pacing I can see why it was cut out. The really butchered Skruge in this

agree with trips, thor's character became less god of thunder and more lovable idiot.

>>We're never getting a marvel movie that isn't a full comedy again
Black Panther doesn't look comedy oriented and Infinity War most likely if all goes right will be their darkest film judging that leaked trailer.

I agree the first minutes of the movie were weird maybe because I wasn't expecting this kind of comedy but the moment the song kicked I just said, fuck it and enjoyed it

how did everyone like korg and miek?

>the hammer was inside you all along

Anyone else laughed out loud when they killed Pic related? I didn't really liked them but seeing them getting killed like that was so pathetic I laughed. But I'm glad they didn't spent too much time in them

Black Panther is definitely going to be full of.comedy, they're just playing it off as cool to draw people in.
Rufallo has said Infinity War is a really funny movie, so it might be darker, but I'm not expecting much

They all died rather pathetically. Whats worse is that Sif wasn't even granted an honorable death

You mean the rock guy and the insect? They were surprisingly fun, especially the insect doing weird shit all the time. I'm glad he didn't died although I think everyone did anyway after Thanos at the end

Oh man I loved Korg. People in other thread were saying his accent was from New Zeland so no wonder I liked him so much, I love kiwi humor since I watched Flight of the Conchords

>Skurge seems really familiar but I can't place him
>Hela comes on the scene and he sides with her to not get murdered, not looking too pleased about it
>wait a minute, I recognize that fucking scowl

Miek was the funniest shit ever. It's a shame we only saw him getting rekt in the final battle

It took about 3 hours of movie and compressed it into about 2 hours, which shows. That being said, it was still a fun romp and it balanced the drama and humor better than GOTG2 did. Most of the humor was actually funny which was also a huge plus.

PISS OFF GHOST!
Oh, he's gone.

So is Loki going to stay the Saviour of Asgard now or is he going to throw it all away for some Tesseract bullshit to dominate the world again? I can only assume it's hinting that he took it so he can later use it against Thanos but I also don't know if Loki's path in the comics eventually leads to permanent redemption since I don't know many Thor comics.

miek doing karate was top notch

>permanent redemption
nope, if anything, movie loki's been the least asshole loki so far

remember thanos and loki already know each other so i think loki will try to bullshit his way out of the confrontation

this is proably why thanos meets up with their ship in the stringer, cause loki's passing him the tessaract

Kid Loki and AoA Loki were somewhat neutral to sorta-good-sometimes, but you're definitely right about classic old Loki being a massively evil dick most of the time.

I kinda wish they had more of a blatant and prolonged reference to the scene because it seemed like they knew that every comic guy was looking for that scene and it really just passed by quite quick

I can really only think of three jokes that fell flat on their face in Ragnarok while most other jokes were pretty funny.

This is a way better ratio than Ultron and Strange

After the awkward Thor hanging from the chain joke it was pretty much smooth sailing from then on out.

Yeah, the prolonged chain joke really felt like a generic Seth Rogen comedy joke. The "Bruce Banner falls on his face" was also a lame, predictable joke, especially since they had done about a handful of other similar slapstick jokes prior to that. And in fact there was a funnier version of that joke in The Incredible Hulk.

Most of it was great, though. All of Hulk's/Bruce Banner's lines made me laugh.

>Thor sad. Thor sadddd!
>Don't THROW STUFFFFF!
>BUT... BIG MONSTER.
>How many PhDs does The Hulk have? Zero! How many does Bruce Banner have? Seven!
>You're just using me to get to Hulk, that's so gross.

Yeah, I could have done without the opening scene. It was all gold after that.

The thing is that you people have a very broad sense of what "full of comedy" means. I still see anons arguing that CW didn't take itself seriously because things like muh orange slices, which is literally two fucking seconds in the whole thing

She is at the least not confirmed dead.

cinemablend.com/news/1714409/what-happened-to-sif-after-thor-the-dark-world-according-to-kevin-feige

They probably kept her around in case Thor needs a final live interest and so she can keep appearing in AoS

>”My funny memebooks are being adapted as funny mememovies!”

Dammit I don't like her so I was hoping they had killed her offscreen