ITT: Good concepts that went to waste

SU had potential, but it came out at the wrong time and was made by the wrong people.

Other urls found in this thread:

abc.net.au/abc3/shows/17479.htm
planet55studios.com.au/prisoner-zero/
youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i just remembered raven molisee's not on the show anymore and now i'm sad

A classic example of too many cooks in the kitchen. If you look at the art book, Rebecca Sugar actually had some great ideas for the series, but unfortunately she took too much of a hands-off approach with the other writers. Yes, it's great to let them be creative, but make sure to gove them a gentle nudge inbthe righy direction if they stray too far, otherwise it'll just be some big mashup.

adventure time a shit

Wrong. It was good and then a shit

double wrong actually, it was good and is still pretty good

As soon as fans of the show who were working (or trying to get work) in the animation industry started working on the show, it started to go downhill, and it only accelerated as the seasons went on and everything got more and more up its own ass. Some decent stuff still comes through now and then, but it's glory days ended by the third season, regardless of when it actually achieved peak popularity.

Could you elaborate?

Adventure Time isn't a good concept that went to waste, it's a good concept that wore out its welcome. It was a fun, vaguely video-game-inspired adventure flick which spent its time deconstructing tropes Venture Bros-style. Then it became various low-talent writers' soap box to showcase their shitty ideas.

I mean to say that Adventure time had a fantastic premise. It's just two guys adventuring through a wild, whimsical fantasy land. However, as time went on and the show started being more experimental that is to say as the show got more pretentious and "artsy" things got way less entertaining. Finn was depressed for a few seasons, the ice king was revealed to be suffering from magic Alzheimer, and Finn's dad basically ripped his arm off and abandoned him. It just felt like the series was, in a benignly ironic twist, losing it's sense of adventure. At times it felt as though the writers were more interested in experimenting with abstract ideas than entertaining an audience. I liked adventure time because it was fun, but then it just kinda stopped being fun

Mighty Max

I liked the ice king stuff but otherwise I agree.

I saw this advertised on Netflix. Given the art style, did Otaking have something to do with it?

This is moronic. It could only have been made by the people who made it. To think otherwise is to live petty and envious of others who have achieved while you toil in squalor.

What is this from?

its an australian show, produced for our channel called prisoner zero. I watched an episode of it when i was channel flipping on ABC 3 ( our public access tv station) and i thought it was alright. the animation was oddly compelling, it seemed like some of it was animated fantastically, but there were some bits where it looked like jointed flash puppets,

abc.net.au/abc3/shows/17479.htm

theres a link to the sie with some basic info

Thanks

also this is the studio who made it

planet55studios.com.au/prisoner-zero/

Yes on otaking

It's weirdly compelling because this guy worked on it youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU

holy shit this dude is fucking fantastic. im looking at his patreon and he's doing all these frame by frame. this is really fucking amazing. and i dont say that often. i wish i had half this guys talent so i could make my own dream animation. sheeeeeeit where has this guy been all my life

thanks user i really mean it

Basically this. The original cluster was metal as fuck.

Why? Whomst've left the Crewniverse now have the opportunity to advance in their careers and not continue to stay stigmatized with the god awful show it have become.

The Master himself did it better.

Mongolian cartoon looks familiar. Sauce?

>video-game
Its /tg/-lite DnD shit you pleb

Anybody with no writing sense and an addiction to anime couldve pulled this abortion of a show off.

Nadia - the Secret of Blue Water.