Is there a comic that achieved a better balance between cartoonish and realistic design than Papyrus?

Is there a comic that achieved a better balance between cartoonish and realistic design than Papyrus?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=22gIrWLNGt4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Tell me more about this Egypt waifu comic and, if possible, post english scans, good sir

Are you new at fanco-belgian comics or someting?

I watched the cartoon as a kid. I didn't know it was based on comic. Anyone remeber this?
youtube.com/watch?v=22gIrWLNGt4

How can she throw three fruits in such small interval?
Does she have three arms? Is she hawkman?

I'm French myself. Franco-Belgian comics are either cartoonish (Tintin, Spirou, etc...) or realistic (XIII, Blacksad, etc...).

Appart from Gil Jourdan or Papyrus, few series manage to mix both styles successfully.

>How can a shotgun fire out so many balls of shot in such a small interval?
>Does it have like 20 barrels?
Bundles, user. Things can be thrown simultaneously in bundles. They scatter, bump mid-air, achieve variable distances and speeds, etc.

Yes, many western comics.
I won't list any however.

european art never sits right with me. it's off-putting in some subtle way and you can always tell.

translation or gag?

>Theti ask Papyrus if she's pretty
>Papyrus says she's getting fat

>it's off-putting in some subtle way
I know what you mean. Papyrus manages to avoid that (In my opinion).
Girls have calves and knees, yet they look pretty. Men have appearing muscles yet they look like cartoon characters. Sceneries are detailed, yet characters blend in.

I know very few comics that manage to balance that, even less outside of Europe.

Forgot pic

Tintin

Nope, everything is cartoonish in Tintin except the backgrounds. And the first albums were even more cartoonish.

Spirou

is there nudity?

partial

Les Tuniques Bleues does quite a good job

too cartoonish

Asterix

French fags, is my translation at least kind of close here?
>This morning, there was a light skirmish. While they fight, the 22nd cavalry, under the orders of Captain Stark, were amazed and they could count the survivors on the fingers of their hands.
>Bart, you wouldn't happen to have a plug on you, by chance?
>Of course, Sergeant
>Will you chew (put, I'm assuming this is an idiom or something, like literally everyrything in French) a plug of tobacco now?
>??? Do I ask you the color of your boxers?!
>Oh my... This is what I was saying...
>That's too much already! Shut up!
>Asshole!
>What is he looking for like that, among the bodies?
>AAH... Let us say what he finds!

>inb4 WE

>inb4 WUZ

Papyrus' author himself made the joke that Papyrus is Tintin with a wig

How partial?

>inb4 KANGZ

>This morning, there was a light skirmish. [During the fights], the 22nd cavalry, under the orders of Captain Stark, [did wonders] and they could count the survivors on the fingers of their hands.
>Bart, you wouldn't happen to have a plug on you, by chance?
>Of course, Sergeant
>[Have you started chewing] tobacco now?
>[What are you meddling into], Do I ask you the color of your boxers? (he means it's none of his business]
>[Whatever I was saying about it] (Expression meaning whatever, I don't care)
>That's too much already! Shut up!
>Asshole!
>What is he looking for like that, among the bodies?
>AAH... [Looks like he found]

Good enough.

Only you.

Why is this something to strive for? What is wrong with being purely cartoony or purely realistic?

Yeah, he did it in his Tapirus short story (rule 34 Papyrus)