How awful is this going to be? Why does it even exist when Capcom doesn't give a shit about the franchise?

How awful is this going to be? Why does it even exist when Capcom doesn't give a shit about the franchise?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jdVpJfXXoFI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Let it happen.

>Why does it even exist when Capcom doesn't give a shit about the franchise?
Youu just answered it.

I don't expect it to be very good, but it's new megaman content, so I'll at least give it a try. I don't think the age group that's going to be watching this even knows who megaman is.

I'm going to reserve all judgement until I see the Robot Master designs, and how they are going to handle them as characters.

Which franchise needs to permadie, this or Sonic? Because both have sucked in every cartoon iteration, both have bred obnoxious fanbases, and both never go away because MUH 90S VIDYAGAMES. Honestly, I'd rather endure another drab Megaman outing than ever see another animated Sonic cancer.

Megaman is a corpse on strings at this point. Good thing still come out of Sonic. The only people who disagree are nostalgiafags who can't stop jerking off to their Genesis.

Sonic Boom's cartoon isn't completely terrible, and has some good moments. It's a shame that the game can't say anything close to that.

Not sure what the hell is going on with Megaman, though. Franchise is dead. He's had more appearances in crossovers in the last 5-10 years than he's had actual games. Gunvolt is better anyway.

>The only people who disagree are nostalgiafags who can't stop jerking off to their Genesis.
And then those people made the best Sonic thing in forever while the regular team decided Sonic OCs, the internet's biggest running joke, should be official
Recently in terms of good Sonic things it's just been Mania, Crash40's usual earworms and maybe the Boom cartoon

Here's one of those nostalgiafags I'm talking about. . They will fight tooth and nail to try to convince that nothing good has come out of modern Sonic when that's not true whatsoever. Modern Sonic has plenty of good games but saying this makes them clutch their copy of Sonic 3 harder and double down on their stupidity.

Sonic Advance 1 2 3
Sonic Rush series
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Sonic Unleashed
Sonic Generations
Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing and it's sequel
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
Sonic Colors
The 3DS version of Sonic Boom
Sonic Forces

These games are all playable and fun. They have flaws like every other game but a good time can still be had with them. I don't understand why you guys have to keep pushing this meme that modern Sonic is bad. Maybe it's not bad. Maybe you just grew out of them. The only people I hear shitting on modern Sonic are people nearing 30yrs old who still think Sonic is supposed to cater to them exclusively. Stop the shenanigans.

>Unleashed was only good in Day Sonic and offensively mediocre at best with the Night Levels.
>Sonic Forces plays like a clunky, buggy mess, and clearly needed better physics correction on multiple levels.
>Likes ZG but didn't like the original Riders.
Your words make sense, however there is one critical flaw: This is Earth. What alternate universe did you come from where these games are "playable and fun"?

>What alternate universe did you come from where these games are "playable and fun"?
The one we're in.

Take out Unleashed and replace it with Heroes and I agree with you.

Heroes is alright but it felt sloppy. I think Unleashed is the better game but I respect your opinion.

It exists because the powers that be wish to break me by ruining everything I love in this life.

>Which franchise needs to permadie, this or Sonic?
Sonic Boom the animated series is pretty good. Not as great as it's fans make it out to be but it is unquestionably the best Sonic cartoon ever made.
Sonic Mania is an excellent game and proof that Sega is willing to put just enough faith in people that are passionate about the franchise to make something magical happen.

Capcom on the other hand, is hostile towards their fans and blame them for the franchise's failure when the last good thing to come out of Megaman was Megaman 9 and 10 and the reveal trailer for Smash.
And that's not even mentioning the stink of Mighty No.9 shitting itself all over the Megaman legacy.

The sad fact is Sonic aint going anywhere while Megaman is already a shambling corpse-bot.

X/Zero in the ProjectXZone games is another great thing to come out of Megaman, but that's another part of the problem: most of the best things to come out of the franchise in the past decade are crossovers or homages.

>And that's not even mentioning the stink of Mighty No.9 shitting itself all over the Megaman legacy.
MN9 failing was the perfect time for Megaman to make a comeback with a new game but nope. Capcom doesn't care. Meanwhile Beck is now appearing in better games and is owned by Level5 now who can make a great game.

Mega Man had a good run but we can just let it be at this point. Classic doesn't need more games, X has had far more bad than good, Zero got more than it needed, ZX's cliffhanger will never be resolved and doesn't need to be, Legends 3 isn't happening, and there's 9 fucking RPGs. It's enough.

Advance 2, 3, both Rush games, Generations, and 3DS Boom are all very "okay" games. They play fine, but they don't have a lot of staying power or replayability and aren't exceptionally designed.

Adventure 2, Unleashed and Forces are all deeply flawed games that some people can find some joy out of, but aren't very good. (Even Adventure 1 has a better ratio of quality than A2)

The original All Stars Racing is meh and Zero Gravity is a 7/10.

ASRT feat Danica Patrick and Sonic Colors are good games, though.

>every mega man iteration sucked

what? the old Mega Man TV show was fun and Battle Network was a really nice change and a solid show at that. Also, the Battle Network games were better than more than 50% of the X games and even some of the old ones.

It's just the games that Capcom doesn't know what the fuck to do with

I really wish they'd do more shit with BN/SF. We're coming up on the Nostalgia Clock, and there's still a lot of cool shit you can do with "Everything is on the Internet" and "Everything is WiFi", especially since that's rapidly becoming REAL LIFE.

It'd be better than trying to rehash Classic Mega for the 10,000th time or trying to make X and Zero relevant again.

It's too bad this is merely a fan edit, because that almost looks like Megaman.

I personally had more fun with the BN games than I did with all the other Mega Man games and X2 was my first game for the SNES back then. The RPG and battle elements were really great which I didn't really expect back in the day. Collecting was actually fun and the post-game content was also more than players were usually used to. Can't believe that fucking Mega Man games did the "buy both games" thing better than Pokemon since there was actually a difference in gameplay if you had one version due to the powers you got

>Sonic Advance 1 2 3
Pretty good games, with some flaws. Handheld Sonic games have been consistently much better than home console ones after the Dreamcast in general. 3DS and maybe PSP being the exceptions.
>Sonic Rush series
I'll admit that the first Rush is probably in my top 3 games on the DS, but I can see how some people might not get it.
>Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Most frustrating game I ever 100%ed. I'm convinced everyone praising it to high heavens is completely blinded by nostalgia. Adventure 1 is better, and that one also had serious issues. Still, the 2 Adventure games were the last time I felt Sonic Team had genuine passion when making the games.
>Sonic Unleashed
Only played the Wii version. I barely remember the day stages because they were ridiculously short, the night stages made me fall asleep. Plot and visuals made it look like a Pixar/Dreamcast cartoon, which was weird.
>Sonic Generations
Good game overall. I need to replay it.
>Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing and it's sequel
Good games.
>Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
This one was weird. I do remember having some fun after I managed to learn how to actually control it.
>Sonic Colors
Good game, embarrassingly bad writing.
>The 3DS version of Sonic Boom
No idea. Demo didn't impress me.
>Sonic Forces
Looks just ok from what I've seen.

I agree with you that people generally overstate how bad Sonic really has gotten, the problem is that you'd expect more out of such a big name, and after how good the Mega Drive titles were. Mania really is the one game in the past 20 years that manager to really "wow," all the others simply ranged from below average to pretty good.

user, even Sonic Generations was more than 5 years ago. The other user could have said "recently" could mean a lot more recent than you are assuming.

I haven't personally played Forces, so I can't comment on that though.

If you could choose any megaman series to get an animated adaptation, which one would you want? I'd prefer the zero series personally.

I want Star Force 3 to get an adaptation, because we'll finally have "How Many Emos Can You Fit In A Tree" animated.

starforce 1 and 2 got an anime right? wonder why they stopped.

I just want a comic where every issue focuses on a different group of Robot Masters and their shenanigans. You’re not going to beat Ariga in terms of serious storytelling, Mega Man going to school has failed once already, and even though I liked Flynn’s adaptation of the games, it didn’t hold people’s attention. Let the cool side characters do their thing.

Probably Legends. It would be a 90's as fuck action/harem anime. And I'm perfectly fine with that.

this, you can have a good mix of eccentric small island towns, pirate plots, ancient reaver MotW and occasionally dip into the trigger lore when you want to satisfy your more autistic fanbase

StarForce wasn't all that popular. SF2's anime wasn't even a full anime; It was a cour of half-episodes.

The Archie series ws great

It had some rough spots, and the original cast was hit and miss. But I appreciated most of the ways the games were weaved together.

>we will never get adaptations of the rest of the games
>we will never get to see where the comic goes post-10
Damn the X curse.

>But I appreciated most of the ways the games were weaved together.

They went through them a bit too fast, honestly.

At least it'll die a quick death after one season in a graveyard 6:30 am Saturday slot.

Like half the comic was bad, man. It had some good bits and pieces, but the way it approached the material just wasn't going to work unless readers supported it for years just cuz.

Was 8 issues of Mega Man 3 seriously not enough for you?

The two cartoons before Sonic Underground were legitimately not terrible, whereas every MM show is shit. MM needs to die, StH still has autism pushing it into successfulness.

>9 fucking RPGs
Forgetting Command Mission?

>there's still a lot of cool shit you can do with "Everything is on the Internet" and "Everything is WiFi"
Too bad BN and SF didn't do anything cool with those ideas, they're both tepid and unexciting.

>Adventure 1 is better
>when Big and Amy exist

R&F Challenger from the Future

I'm not counting spinoffs, otherwise we'd have to ask ourselves if 4.5, Battlechip Challenge, etc counts.

It was okay, but it wasn't interesting enough to compete with real superhero comics. The MM comic would have benefitted from being more action-oriented with some spotlight issues on the side for supplemental material, instead of trying to force all that shit into one run.

stfu boco

>Adventure 2 is better
>When over 2/3 of the game is worse Gamma and worse Knuckles.
That's not even considering Big is about as much of a gameplay investment as the kart racing in A2.

The closest is Azure Strike Gunvolt from the MMZ guys. They've been putting a ton of work into that franchise, probably because it's their shot at filling the megaman gap that MN9 failed to take. It's just too bad it doesn't seem to be able to get any footing despite the effort.

>Sonic comic acknowledges games but doesn't waste most of its time recapping shit fans already know.
>Big success.
>Start Mega Man at a point where it takes three years to get to Proto Man proper.
>"what went wrong"

I can't believe it took him losing two books for Ian to realize he wasn't going about things very intelligently.

>tfw no animated musical based on The Protomen

why are there no heroes left in man?

>it's mega time
just fucking kill my franchise up. I mean, what'sthe fucking fuck, megaman base concept is already a "villain of the week" story, why do they want to do something else?

>The 3DS version of Sonic Boom
Which one? Shattered Crystal or Fire and Ice?

Both.

It's too bad because he's an alright writer, but he's just too much of a fan to approach things sensibly.

>Protomen
Stop being alive immediately.

>not liking the Protomen
Are you a Megas fag or just a fag?

IIIIIIIIIIIIITS MEGA TIME

Yes sir...

You aren't even a Megaman fan, fuck off.

Protofags are the fake geek girls of the MM fanbase, just die already.

At least Protofags still get content every once in a while. Enjoy no games and a shitty cartoon.
I’ve been into Mega Man for over a decade. It fucking hurts.

I don't know, why did that shitty Pac-Man cartoon happen?

why did you list zero gravity and not the first sonic riders?

I was born in 1987, and my first game was megaman 3. It's my favorite series, and the fact that it's so dead is painful.

Because ZG is objectively superior.

It's because Capcom doesn't give a shit about the franchise that this exists.

>Sonic OCs, the internet's biggest running joke, should be official
That is straight up the single most inspired decision Sonic Team has made in fucking years. It was a brilliant move on their part and that it took them this long to realise they should implement a CaC system is baffling.

The problem with Sonic Forces isn't the Sonic OCs. That's the best part of it. The problem with Sonic Forces is that it's... just not a good game. It's way too short, the physics in the 2d portions are fucked, Classic Sonic being involved is dumb and only highlights how much worse the game is compared to Mania, and the 3d portions suffer from the same uninspired level design that most 3d Sonics suffer from. The OCs were the only thing that game did right.

youtube.com/watch?v=jdVpJfXXoFI

You forgot the needlessly edgy story where Sonic is tortured for six months.

>needless
It was an allegory for what deserves to happen to Sonic fans.

damn nigga that's a good joke

This. ZG was solid presentation-wise but the new controls, trick system, and gimmicks were fucking terrible.

>Megaman Sup Forums thread devolves into a Sup Forums thread
Every time.

>I don't think the age group that's going to be watching this even knows who megaman is.
That is the point. I see this kind of comment every time an older property gets a new adaptation. A new cartoon is made so that the target demographic will know who Mega Man is make the property relevant so that kids or whoever will want the merchandise. The cartoon is the commercial.

>The cartoon is the commercial.
But commercials are supposed to make you want to invest in a product, not vomit all over the immediate vicinity.

>You can't like possibly like the Mega Man games and the derivative fan-works you poser!

Get lost faggerino.

When you fags always enter a thread spewing lyrics instead of talking about the games, and marveling about how "only a Protomen cartoon" would be worth your time, no, you can't. You are secondaries.

I don't particularly like gunvolt because of how dull it is to take out enemies. just shoot them three times and hold A till they die. In the zero / zx series you had to do way more in order to effectively take down enemies. At least mighty gunvolt burst is good

>At least mighty gunvolt burst is good
I was with you until this.

>you're not allowed to be a fan of a fan's work
Wow, no wonder people hate the Megaman community.

>I'm not a part of this community
Thank you for proving the point.

BN did a ton of creative stuff, like the Undernet, data Graveyards, people becoming digital and cyber terrorism.

SF I agree with. It was more about being a sci-fi story than being analogous to modern technology.

I believe we saw CutMan's design in the animation studio's demo reel. It looked okay.

It was canceled early. Most of the shit that was in the opening for the second season never happened and the last two or three episodes had to be rushed to create something remotely resembling a conclusion. The animation studio got so burned from it that it took them YEARS before they made another series aimed at kids.

I wish people were this hard on Darkstalkers secondaries.

>Darkstalkers secondaries.
aka waifufags

>Sup Forums thread turned Sup Forums thread ending with Protomen hating
Every. Time.

MN9 bad

Face it, folks - The Megas are better.

They’re good but most of their early stuff doesn’t hold up.

Neither really need to die but Sonic's fanbase is far worse. The games fanbase alone is awful because everyone has a different opinion as to which games are good. MM fans like me tend to be pretty chill about it and respect another subseries even if it isn't to their liking (MML fans don't hate MMX for example). Plus there's the whole spawning the furry fandom thing, deviantart, etc.

>t. Protofag
Imagine my surprise.

>say Megas are good but not perfect
>become bandwar target
I like both ya dongus.

Nice try, falseflagger. You've been outed.

You’re just mad the Megas are too busy singing Castlevania stuff to make an album for 4.

Doesn't matter, it'll be airing on CN so it'll get a 6:30am timeslot on Saturdays with no promotion, air for half a season, and then be quietly burned off on Boomerang.

Why people keep selling their shows to Cartoon Network, I have no idea. It's the opposite of exposure.

Sadly, they don't have much of a choice. Nick would treat it like shit, no one actually has The-Channel-That-Used-To-Be Toon-Disney, and syndication is dead.

gotta keep pumping out the merch

I wish I had grown up with Megaman toys. That is just gorgeous. Yeah, I'm a consumer whore. What can I do?

Oh, Boco, you're so haram.

Outdated joke? I don't care. I've been meaning to spring that for awhile. Not like that rhyme. Bocobo.