Worse Sup Forums self inserts

worse Sup Forums self inserts

What did he do?

Nope OP's is still worse
He even self inserted hia friend in the wedpng an got a child with Donna

Who would win in a fight?

I laughed so hard when Byrne killed him and their kids off in a car accident

Any black male character written by Reggie Hudlin.

Dennis' Hopeless self-insert as Spider-Woman's new perfect quirky boyfriend.

Its weird because he also looked like Terry Long.

NOTHING comes CLOSE to this.

I wonder what Wolfman did to piss Byrne off so much, there was also that incident in the Blade rights trial.

I didn't realize the point of this till I read that one story with Luthor and the waitress that Byrne did.

the waitress story is harmless

it's just byrne trying to make luthor look evil instead of a silly silver age style villain

the pic above is completely different

Wolfman was a Donna Troy fag and OP's pic is Terry Long.
Terry married Donna despite being a creepy old man who tried palling around with teenagers.

Terry, cause he is a fully grown man

what is this

>black hair
>red hair
>blonde baby

don't fucking remind me

After Jess had a pregnancy scare she decided to go to a sperm bank and get artificially inseminated for some reason. No one knows who the dad is.

Jess is a canon blonde who dyes it for reasons I can't remember

Warren Ellis and Elijah Snow, Jenny Sparks, John Constantine, etc. etc.

Any heavy drinking, heavy smoking, foul mouthed, cynical, worldly, humanist, fedora tipper.

Would Garth Ennis fall under that category?

Was he hoping the Superman glasses trick would protect him? Was he just that ballz/sick about making his life fetish be a long running arc in the books?

Didnt Warren Ellis create Pete Wisdom to self insert and fuck Kitty Pryde?

What am I looking at?

and then other writers write him driving off a cliff with his and Donna's child and they're never mentioned again. You've gotta be a real shit character to be written out like that.

>ctrl+f "Morrison"
>0 Results
poor show, Sup Forums

His was the best, fuck you.

What is this?

Man it's weird seeing him with hair

the weirdest thing is Bryne did the same shit in Superman/Batman Generations

Seriously? No mention of Ultimate Bendis?

Didn't he die in some suicide squad run?

Byrne isn't one to talk when it comes to self-inserts.

Here it is. What a way to go.

The only episode of Rick and Morty I ever saw was the Pickle Rick one, but the therapist was a blatant self insert.

look up "john byrne quotes" and then re-read that panel

>runs off with Kitty
>makes him bitch out at the last minute because people were giving him shit
Pretty sure he self-inserted to Kingpin too.

This is one of the only times I've ever seen a self-insert actually work within the story as a progression of it.

Just tell me you fucking 'sperg I don't have time for your shit.

Well I just read his quote about Morrison and I hate John Byrne now

Which is the stupidest cop out since they just have aher hook up with a guy later in tge series.
If another writer doesnt forget the father is gonna be a villian so why not just make the self insert ,who was a former villian, the father?

Anyone gonna mention how Dave Sims literally was God in Cerebus?

That's just being metafictional.

>and they're never mentioned again

someone didn't read Blackest Night

>Sup Forums only

Fuck.

Remember that this is the same guy who had Terra fuck Slade, then actually said that this made Terra more evil than Slade because she's a tramp.

Lazarus Contract was one of those weird events where pretty much all the adaptations are superior to the original story.

What, indeed?

Huh, weird that he's still technically in canon instead of quietly retconned out of existence.

why does this remind me so much of the taxi guy youtuber in the terms of style mean

Pete Wisdom.

I googled Byrne quotes and didn't find anything relevant. Why don't you just tell me what you mean

en.wikiquote.org/wiki/John_Byrne All you have to do is read the first quote but scroll down to read about him celebrating Steve Irwin's death and commenting a couple days after Christopher Reeve died that he doesn't deserve to be called a hero.

Is there a similar phrase for a writer that puts their friends or family in comics?

So fucking awkward. "No one here is going to call the cops on you, Superman. Just kiss this 14 year old." Not a conversation that should be occurring in a series taking a classical, heroic tone like Generations. Of course, by that point it had really gone off the rails, anyway.

That Steven Universe storyboarder.

user....

he said worse, not best; you ding dong diddly dumb dumb

I don't think shit that some dude draws in his spare time counts.

Did you post the wrong image or something?

So what happened to him? He looks one second away from ass-plowing some children.

>John Constantine
nah

Died in a car accident. Him, the kid he had with Donna and his daughter from his first wife.

Yea. He was married to someone else before marrying Donna.

??

It's just a derivation of Morrison's version. And yes it did come later.

Its a webcomic he created about self inserts

He's talking about Byrne's quote on pedophilia, which makes some degree of logical sense from a certain angle, but kind of reeks of a closeted pedophile trying to justify and defend himself.

Other reasons to hate him include the fact that he constantly fucking rambles about how Marvel and DC would be so much better if they just reset everything to the way things were when he liked them best, in the 1970s, but he also calls reboots and revamps creatively bankrupt. He's backseat driving the two publishers and he STILL can't make up his mind.

Also, he's a really defensive, jealous prick about everything other creators say or do and says insulting, mocking, or inappropriate things about the recently deceased a lot.

Just an entitled, self-important curmudgeon with no filter. He'd fit in here, really.

You know I would compare Hopeless to having a personality to a block of wood, but wood serves a purpose.

Blackest Night was like 2 continuity shake ups ago.

But he draws so fucking good though.

>Also, he's a really defensive, jealous prick about everything other creators say or do and says insulting, mocking, or inappropriate things about the recently deceased a lot.
>Just an entitled, self-important curmudgeon with no filter. He'd fit in here, really.

That's just the autism talking. Dude is clearly on the spectrum.

A future contender.

What do you mean "future?"

I thought it was that loud black chick?

Fred Flinstone's looking nice these days

Yabba dabba damn it

>kind of reeks of a closeted pedophile trying to justify and defend himself.
That's the problem with the subject, if you want to discuss it from a standpoint that's not that of a lynch mob, you're automatically labeled a closeted pedophile, which also automatically means you're a criminal and a sex offender and so on.
This leads to pedophiles hiding it instead of getting help and eventually end up acting on their impulses, which only works as sort of a self-fullfilled prophecy and the circle never ends.
It was the same with gays, communists and "witches" once upon a time but this one seems much more dificult to ever end.

Don't know what's with lesbian and trying to look like a guy. I guess they think that's how they get chicks.

Well, yeah.

Well, what's with gays and trying to look like women?

Because they all watched too much West Side Story user, don't you know?

Excuse you, Natalie and Rita were iconic.

Yeah, her too.

One lesbian user explained it's because masculine women can't be anything but lesbians. Masculinity is signaling they're dykes. Some lesbians like safe choices instead of accidentally hitting on straight woman and makings things awkward.

There's an easy way to stop the cycle user- you could kill yourself, you kiddy-diddler.

You know, what is it with Rivera and 80s fashion. Don't get me wrong, 80s were a good time, but she doesn't go for good 80s fashion, she goes for bottom of the barrel thrift store 80s garbage that not even crackhead Johnny would be caught ODd in.

yep he single handedly destroyed donna character forever that and the whole clay woman shit

you know what, Terry as a standalone character is alright; didn't have that much role in the story and for Americans, prudish as they are, the age difference of 19-20 Donna and 30ish Terry might have been a lot; that aside, the wedding issue is actually one of the better ones in the history of comics and it did give some development for some TT characters

did not read NTT again since I learned this is Wolfman's self-insert though, holy fuck it would ruin my good memories with the cringe

>Rereading all of Terry’s lines with the idea that it’s Wolfman talking through a puppet of himself

Good point.

> Elijah Snow, Jenny Sparks
Literally nothing wrong with these characters. How could you not list Spider Jerusalem first?

>Terry Long has a rotting ding-dong

Somehow he's less creepy as a zombie.