What Is George Lucas Doing Now?

youtu.be/pljbGm1XR4g

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8yy3q9f84EA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Being a literal faggot whos laughing maniacally about how he crushed fanboys dreams with the prequals while being blown by mongolian child sex slaves

CHAD!

Someone needs to make that chad meme with george lucas as the chad and jj abrams as the virgin

wow, it's like i'm really on Sup Forums

Meesa like that sexy scale skin

Reminder that the current state of star wars is all RLM's fault.

Thats bullshit and you know it. People hated the prequals long before plinkett

Wow, you must be really young to seriously believe that.

I liked them when I saw them as a kid

I still like them, even tho I em aware of the cheese

>What Is George Lucas Doing Now?

Whatever he wants. He's a billionaire.

I hated Episode 1 the second time I saw it. I just didn't grasp how fucking bad it was the first time out of a combination of wishful thinking and being underage.

you fanboys think you're butthurt now. just wait til the mouse reboots the old republic. isn't capitalism fun? let's have more scifi that reflects real life concerning fake wars for profit so people can project their fears in to hollywood entertainment!

Virgin Abrams and the Chad Edwards when

i laugh at the idea that someone is spending hours and hours of their life to create fanfics that makes it as close to the original films putting in real care and then the creator throws in jar jar

>SW Generals
>SWfags praising anything with the SW logo
>this thread
>people with an opinion of their own
Nice.

Comics & cartoons.

>what is he doing
Literally nothing and frankly I wish I was in his position
Jim Henson would’ve done the same had he lived to this day

>complains about hivemind that doesn't share his opinion
>praises hivemind that shares his opinion
Got my noggin a joggin.

Most likely.

Having incredibly disturbing relationships and in-vitro babies with black women years and years younger than himself.

Enjoying being rich.

Hopefully feeling terrible about the Ewoks, Howard the Duck, Jar-Jar Binks, adding CGI effects in the DVD sets, etc, etc.

that video was awful

fuck you Op you autistic fuck

Well nothing wrong with wanting some nice brown ass along with a family

Wow, it's like I'm back in the early 2000s and on Newgrounds again.

VII is still terrible for in essence wasting an entire film rehashing to the point the only interesting thing that happened was Han Solo dying.

Star Wars fags will always be the most annoying, whiny fags in any fandom.

>Lucas has said that he is a fan of Seth MacFarlane's hit TV show Family Guy. MacFarlane has said that Lucasfilm was extremely helpful when the Family Guy crew wanted to parody their works.[87]

Episode 2 is objectively shit, and I hated it even as a kid

Lucas had relatively little to do with what made SW great just like Matt Groening had relatively little to do with what made the Simpsons great--in both cases, they had a great supporting cast of writers/actors/producers who also helped curb some of their dumber ideas.

I wouldn't call the SW cast (at least not the OT cast) "great" actors other than maybe Ford and Alec Guiness.

IDK, he had a wife his own age once, but even there they had no natural kids, just adopted ones. His wife had a daughter with her second husband so it's not as if she was infertile or anything.

It seems fairly obvious to me that he has some kind of fertility problem but I can understand why he'd never admit it.

You know, he did say that Jar-Jar was explicitly put in there to appeal to kids.

To be honest, we could do Simpsons fanfics way better than anything the writers have come up with in many a moon.

Those fanfic writers are doing it as a labor of love and not as jaded millionaires who figure they can insert any shit in the movie they can and still make another couple million doing it.

He doesn't want his wife to die in childbirth

I'm gonna be honest and argue that studios could find lots of good fanscripts online (after sifting through the mountains of crap) but the writers' union prevents them from using the stuff.

Studios could potentially find lots of good fanscripts online (after sifting through the mountains of crap) but the writers' union prevents them from using the stuff.

>The creator, writer, and director of Star Wars had little to do with what made it great
REALLY MADE ME THINK

No, I said he's an idea man. He can come up with ideas and worldbuilding ok, but his actual execution of the stuff falls apart unless smarter people are there to help and prevent him from doing dumb shit. Everyone and their mother knows that the best Star Wars movie was ESB which he had the least involvement in. That tells you all you need to know.

What else did you expect?

>the best Star Wars movie was ESB

Hello, Reddit Letter Media.

A New Hope was the best movie.

fucking his rich, intelligent, beautiful black wife

I bet he's doing the same thing he did for the twenty years before the prequels, fucking nothing.

Also using someone's script without permission is illegal.

You mean that's not where they got TFA's script?

no user they just took EP4's script and changed a few thing

>someone is spending hours and hours of their life to create fanfics that makes it as close to the original films putting in real care
There were people paid to do it too. And we call it "Extended Universe".

Did you read his original pitch?

It was a whole ton of weird shit nobody cared about and it was pruned and dumbed down and chunks of it vetoed by studio execs and split up until it became the three movies they are today.

Lucas might've had some nice ideas and did some good work for the original movies but the original trilogy and the prequels are worlds apart in quality despite the prequels having the technological advantage.

>being this young

>everyone hated the prequels even when they came out
>RLM makes 3 hour long videos to explain in detail why exactly they're bad
>new movie comes out almost 10 years later that basically lifted advice and critique from the Plinkett reviews
>everyone hates it and calls Mike a sellout for liking it
I feel really bad for Mike. The guy basically created the internet armchair Youtube movie reviewer genre, then years later people turn on him for liking TFA

TFA is one of the few times I would actually use contrarianism in a serious manner.

>Lucas didn't even direct Empire or Jedi
>all the bad parts of Jedi were Lucas ideas
You're right user. He literally did everything. All those extra writers, producers, special effects artists and assistants didn't do shit.

It was all Lucas!

Who cars about star wars normies when Indiana Jones was his best work anyways?

Wasn't Jar Jar meant to be sort of a reverse evil Yoda?

And it was really hard to edit which just proves that he didn't have a really good idea of how the movie would look like when he shot those scenes.

He needed the help of his wife and an other guy to edit it. Marcia Lucas edited Taxi Driver.

>>A New Hope
The first movie to use that as part of it's title was the 2003 special edition, which turned all stormtroopers into clones.
A New Hope sucks shit. Star Wars from 1977 is a good movie.

There's a theory along those lines, yeah. I'd like to think that this was the original idea behind Jar Jar but that Lucus just pussied out on it when Jar Jar's reception turned out so negative.

youtube.com/watch?v=8yy3q9f84EA

Prequels are better than Disney Wars

At least they feel like Star Wars not a completely different fucking franchise

>Edwards
You mean Rian

They didn't though.

The closest feeling to Star Wars i got was the giant lighty room Obi wan, Qui Gon and Darth Maul fought in.

The rest of it just felt like a spin off movie.

Star Wars Legacy is better than Disney Wars

Prequels sucked but they don't warrant demonization when the new films made all the old ones pointless. Not just that they were rehashes, it's that they were rehashes that completely undermined the story.

Also Rogue One doesn't matter for shit just like ROTJ

Huh, that would make sense if George wasnt so incompetent director, he couldnt pull it off in prequels the way its presented.

To be honest I think George did a good job and the whole 'his wife is what made Star Wars good' meme is bullshit. Considering George worked on the movies with passion, even his shit movies (episode 2) were made with a labor of love and passion then The Farce Engorges ever could accomplish.

Also Jim Raynor invalidates every Plinkett argument made about episode 1

Jim Raynor? Starcraft dude?

There was this forums guy who had the name of the Starcraft dude. He wrote a massive counter point argument over every single line and detail Plinkett made.

Sequels made over 20 years after the original are never good. I don't know why people assumed Star Wars would be any different.

The fact that EP. III was somehow good is nothing short a miracle. At least we'll always have that, the two Clone Wars shows and the video games to redeem the prequels with.

But EP 1 is a mess user,i dont need no internet reviewers to tell me that. Ep 2 and 3 are lesser messes though. Besides if i find Gendy animated better story than George it says alot.

The thing about Sequels is consistency and faith to the source material and the vision of the theme of the ending. Disney showed us that it does not care about that and only wants money out of it.

A sequel could work if one had a decent plot that doesn't rehash the fucking plot, cut down years of history love and dedication as well as established characters just to fit their own fucking agenda.

To be fair, episode 2 was shit. Episode 1 and 3 I don't think deserved as much hate that it got.

You must be 18 to post on Sup Forums

MCU fans would like to talk to you.

Ep1 didnt properly set up or explain the whole conflict and therefore failed at setting up the whole thing. Trade federation is too goofy and vague.

this is what passes for animation nowadays
just give family guy an emy already, the way everyone else is doing they deserve it

Not after 20 years. Everyone involved in the original have become tired old men. Just look at the Prometheus sequels, Ridley Scott just wants to have two gay androids playing the skin flute in space.

>George Miller intensifies

>Shia
delet

Or more accurate to say, rich, lazy old guys interested in increasing the size of their Cayman Islands bank accounts than when they were young and hungry.

All they did was give voice to the voiceless.

Some directors do lose their edge as they get older and start making self-indulgent art/drama crap like Spielberg. Of course Hitchcock made his best movies when he was over the age of 50 so it doesn't happen to everyone.

Ridley Scott went senile years ago. Pay him no mind.

Oh, and John Williams scored his last movie before he died.

>The habits of a retired hack is Sup Forums

No it's fucking not now fuck off

The prequels were mostly designed to sell Happy Meal toys. They were product of the worst kind.

>Of course Hitchcock made his best movies when he was over the age of 50 so it doesn't happen to everyone.
And was inserting edgy stuff in them as well.

>Master Bates
Lololololol ebic XD

You know I think people forget that despite the meme that George admittedly played along with he wasn't completely opposed or blinded to what the EU contained and had either envisioned or even approved of many aspects that would form the EU. This means that at least somethings in the PT that people are like "Not muh Starwars" are actually "Yeah that's the Star Wars George had in his brain" and sure you can say it sucked, but I respect that at TPM he kinda had the integrity to personal vision cause people point out shit like "Why are R2 and C3PO here reeeeee" but like I genuinely think he just thought it brought it full circle and it wasn't about pandering TCW was pandering 101 though. And sure you can say "Well in old interviews he actually thought X and it ended up as Y" well that's kinda a shit argument he had 20 years to refine his visions, and he also did not owe it to movie fans to keep them similar because between books, merchandise, videogame deals and such George made more money on a personal level from the EU than he did from the OT.

it's true--

Yeah but when you get paid to do something it's much less weird/demeaning. If I go around looking at people's poo that's weird but if I'm getting paid to inspect animal poo to make sure they're healthy that's much less weird