Post characters jobbing to Mary Sues

all of Bunn's Uncanny X-Men was like this
Psylocke beats Fantomex in another issue, Mystique later in this one, beats a bunch of criminal teams all alone, and it ends with Psylocke killing Magneto in a duel, leaving him for death (Magneto was saved by Elixir)

Sauron generally can handle teams of 4-6 X-Men by himself (he is a vampire who drain life force by touch), and hypnotizes his enemies quickly by making eye contact.

Post what you think a Mary Sue is

>can handle teams of 4-6 X-Men
Not only X-Men, he also handled New Avengers team.

This. Sup Forums loves to use the term to refer to any character with a shred of competency that they don't like.

Psylocke doesn't have as much exposed skin for him to touch and absorb life force through in this costume, from what you posted he only got her by the boot

And she's a top tier telepath so his hypnosis won't work on her either

Most fights tend to end when you stab someone in the brain

Batman

Superman

thats actually a good argument for Psylocke wearing more clothes than she used too, if she were still dressed similar to Elektra Sauron would have drained her energy.
But Sauron has hypotized Jean like 2 or 3 times. Mesmero who has a similar power to Sauron, even hypnotized Jean when she was a Phoenix host and had her working in a circus. Hypnosis and telepathic mind control are different things in the Marvel universe.

user blame barbatos not bruce Bruce is innocent

what? that kill was a team efort.

Darkseid was alsready dying after the war in heaven, Diana bound him to Turpin's body with the Golden Perfect, Flash smacked Black Racer onto him, Batman shot him with Radion and only then was Supes able to disperse DS after learning about Multiversal Frequencies with his stint with the Mo itors.

>And she's a top tier telepath so his hypnosis won't work on her either

Why did the X-books have to turn every telepath heroine into a top-tier A-list telepath? Psylocke and Emma used to be mid-tier at best, without the Phoenix, Jean was still powerful, but was no match for Xavier-tier villain telepaths like Stryfe and Exodus.

Now they're all more powerful than villains who used to fight entire teams.

Power-creep was a mistake.

right now the ranking is
Xavier = Shadow King = Quentin Quire

And the rest are all pretty much the same level (Jean, Emma, Sinister, Exodus, Psylocke) with Rachel being worse

Jean often has the Phoenix power boost

Quentin Quire? That's even worse. Are they going to keep pushing him until Jason Aaron leaves Marvel?

Whatever happened to Rachel being a lot more powerful than Emma, but Emma won their fight because of experience?

Emma's been elevated to top tier but it's been said her experience is part of that.

Her and Jean are really the only two to be elevated to Xavier's level.

Psylocke, Rachel, the combined power of the Cuckoos, they're still not at that level. Even if Rachel probably should be.

Quire sucks but they established him as a top tier power right from the beginning.

pretty much Morrison.
When the cuckoos attack Quentin in Morrison's run, one of them says "but he is an Omega, he is going to make us undress for him if we attack him"
they beat him, but it was 5 vs 1, with one of the 5 connected to Cerebro. The one connected to cerebro dies.

I base Rachel being worse, in that Emma managed to force Exodus to focus only on her, without using any of his other powers (only his telepathy), while Exodus can multitask fighting Rachel in the astral plane, teleporting and blasting people with his telekinesis, at the same time.
IIRC at some point in the early 2000s Rachel was mentally deaged. Like, body in the 20s, but teen mind with less experience.
Marvel editors didnt want to use her, because they thought Excalibur Phoenix Rachel was too powerful, and they demanded she get nerfed to become usable again.

>I base Rachel being worse, in that Emma managed to force Exodus to focus only on her, without using any of his other powers (only his telepathy), while Exodus can multitask fighting Rachel in the astral plane, teleporting and blasting people with his telekinesis, at the same time.

Messiah Complex was really not a good example of Exodus being written at proper power levels, it's down there with the time Austen wrote him. The idea that he can't use two powers at once has never come up before or since, and he gets taken out by Nightcrawler earlier in the same story.

Messiah Complex is around the time Emma suddenly started getting written as one of the most powerful telepaths in the world. Popularity is everything where power-creep is concerned.

Black Panther fighting a tiger god barehanded

What piece of shit gave Betsy pants?

She's had the pants for like five years

Why is he called Sauron and turns people into dinosaurs but he himself isn't one?

Doesn't saur just mean reptile?

>"but he is an Omega, he is going to make us undress for him if we attack him"

Too bad this doesn't happen. Would be sexy

Also do you have the page where Dani is using Illyana to conjure up boys?

Spoilers faggot, I am still at the point where Betsy doesn't have eyes

If this wasn't a shitposting thread it would have started with something like

He literally named himself after the Lord of the Rings villain.

no, usually it means earth or feces. sauros means reptile.

>Miles one shotting mother fucking Blackheart isn't him getting jobbed by a Mary Sue.
Bendis please go to bed.

That's Blackheart? Holy shit that's just stupid.

I think it might have been a Kris Anka design?

That's cute. What a nerd.

Yeah, and right before that Blackheart took out an entire team of Avengers.

I hate telepathy

Back then Tolkien was viewed as Classic literature. Five years later the D&D happen and with a few short years after that shifted Tolkien's world into geeksom really quick sadly.

Doom and his entire country jobbing to 15 marry sue purse puppy.And bendis had the entire country actully make her queen for like 1 day or a week tops

but I love telepaths

Doom is one of the biggest Mary Sues in existence so it cancels out

That wasn't a stretch in the 1960s to do shit like that. Tolkien was basically on par with Mark Twain, Virginia Woolf, and George Eliot. However a game came out called Dungeons and Dragons and suddenly a lot of kids (the first generation of these Nerd/Geek fans) got really into anything fantasy related including JRR Tolkien, interestingly it has moved a lot of fantasy writers over in that camp and they are hardly respected like they were.

This.

All the big DC heroes had a hand in beating Final Crisis, which was part of why it was such a cool event. Even the GLC had a hand in finishing off the Monitor Vampire.

Even Shiloh Norman, Dan Turpin, and Tattooed Man of all people had a part to play.

Was my grammar that bad? I was implying OPs image wasn't that bad and that Miles was on topic of jobbing.

Sauron hypnotizing, molesting, and nearly raping Psylocke in the savage land novel gave me my mind control fetish.

She really couldn't do much against him and was helpless against his mind control.

Sauron has been Jobbed worse and he has limits to how many he can mind control at once. The Cult could have been straining him.
Ok now that one was fucking bullshit

Not you again.
You can't be a Mary Sue if you're a flawed dweeb that gets kicked in the ass all the time and clearly envies a nerd that stretches.

I have to agree with trips here. Doom getting his shit kick in by yas queen was a monkey paw wish come true.

Doom has had a lot of bullshit moments in books.

Hickman made him the savior of all existence. And he's not the first to suck his iron coated dick.

Didn't Tolkein have a lot of obsessive nerd fans before D&D was a thing? There are tales of American fans getting his telephone number, not thinking about the time difference, and calling him in the middle of the night.

Karl Lykos was probably one of those guys before he became Sauron.

Yes, like most characters.
Being good at things doesn't make you a Mary Sue. You have to be good at things and also be pandered to by all the other characters and be tolerated by them despite your flaws.
Riri is the perfect example of a Mary Sue, she just came in and suddenly she is better than Tony Stark. Iirc there's a page on Civil War 2 where she flies the armor and everyone is awe or applauding her or something, when she hasn't done ANYTHING impressive.

Doom isn't the best at anything except maybe being the most determined human alive.
Even still he can't do anything without shooting himself in the foot because he's insecure about Reed Richards. He's had decades to be established as competent, when he displays that he is good with tech and magic that has been established for several years, he has had development.

>There are tales of American fans getting his telephone number, not thinking about the time difference, and calling him in the middle of the night.
that was CS Lewis and likely an urban legend, there was never a confirmed source and just a lot of "a friend of a friend told me.

Tolkien never owned a phone.

They are retards user. They can't understand words user.

Tolkien invision Sauron as a large Bat like beast. X-men Sauron was originally to be a large Bat like beast with Vamprie powers. Comics Code Authority at that time told them "hell no" to a vampire Bat monster and it was way to late to redraw everything so they quickly drew over him and got the Pterodactylus look since it was the closest thing they could think of that would match the wings. Not the fur by the ears and feet.

Trivia about Sauron.
He is Argentinean. Born in a shack in Tierra del Fuego, lived there until he was a teen.
Marvel could push him as a diversity furry character in theory.

where did that happen?

That would explain some of the jarring art shifts in those books like in when the first flashback is just off colored blues that match with nothing else in the page.

Maybe Jean's just really susceptible to mind control

nah, Remender's buddy OpeƱa was the one that started the trend, I'm pretty sure (she has worn pants occasionally in the past, too)

Something like telepathy should occupy his mental faculties though

If you're fighting a war on the Astral plane then that should have your full attention

It was a paperback novel. I think it was called "trouble in the savage land".

Googling shows one x-men paperback novel with the savage land and sauron, but I'm 99% sure it wasn't that one.

>That's cute. What a nerd.
I can't find the panel, but in a early encounter with the xmen Beast complimented Sauron's diction.

Her background story is that she was literally surgeried into a caricaturised unstoppable sexy ninja assassin for use in a galactic action TV series. Of course she's going to be a fucking Mary Sue.