What went wrong?

What went wrong?

The show was actually quite decent up until it went full Flash.

(OP)
The show was actually quite decent up until it went full Flash.

I liked it, never read the books though.

fuck you I liked it

generic cartoon recycling old Spongebob jokes with the girl in the helmet being the only reason you even rememeber its' existance in the first place

Nobody cares about this cartoon and how you wanna fuck that girl with the rollerskates, Mr Enter

Your mother giving birth to you

I like michael cera

I have a theory that the reason they changed so much plot elements from the books is so that 8 year olds couldn't just simply watch the show and make a book report on that and get an A.

They changed so much because, as they claim, Nickelodeon made them. However, that seems to be the excuse every content creators uses ("It was the execs' fault, not mine").

Never heard of this; will I like it if I liked the books as a kid?

Probably not, the biggest complaint you usually see about the show is how much if differs from the books. Treat it like its a different show and its pretty alright.

Not enough dead rats.

kek

They basically did everything wrong and definitely not anyhting that was apart of the book. They made Todd always sent home even though it was only a one time thing.

That one skating bitch basically punched Todd for the fuck of it.

The one nerdy black kid was the stupidest of the fucking god damn class and his whole joke was always his god damn fear of lights. It was the fucking same cliche joke. It was stupid.

The intro isn't so bad. Too Art Schoolish by the sounds of the lyrics but come on it's a kids show. Fucking hell.

>That one skating bitch basically punched Todd for the fuck of it.
That bitch was the annoying character for me in that show

*most annoying

>They made Todd always sent home even though it was only a one time thing.

Huh? That happened often in the books. It definitely wasn't a one time thing. There were times where he didn't get sent home, but there were also stories where he was worried that he'd get sent home yet again.

Nobody ever has the balls to draw follow-ups to these sorts of lewd images.

It was afraid to be a lame old book for nerds

Gazebo

Todd - Basically the problem solver.
Mrs. Jewels - Basically Mrs. Frizzles from Magic school bus but doesn't take the kids out on field trips to random places, yet mentally challenge
Maurecia - The roller blade girl who punches Todd for no reason. Has a crush on Todd since day 1
Myron - The black retarded, nerdy coward.
Louis - The bro of the show.
Dana - Nerd, high spirit girl.

This show was the oddest "adaptation" of a book ever.

>Myron in the books: Tall, thin, white, smart, selfless, well-dressed, a quiet dreamer type, knew how to operate a light switch, became class president once (and didn't care for it), became very attached to a pet bird and tried to achieve "freedom" like the bird, and was the "nicest, bravest, most normal person on the 30th floor"

>Myron in the show: Short, fat, black, unintelligent, selfish, loud, poorly-dressed, doesn't know how to operate a light switch, is obsessed with becoming class president, if the story from the book happened in the show he'd probably sell the bird for money, and is the most annoying, self-centered dick in the entire universe

When it comes to adaptation, this is even worse than "Arry did you put yer name in the Goblet of Fiyah".