twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you start

ok

Literally me.

nigga that's fucking gay

foxtrot

i don't get it

don't you like relatable comics user?
what's wrong with you? Are you some sort of social outcast? Are you a weirdo?
Ew I hope you're not a straight white male

I thought verified twitter accounts were just a way to let people know it was a celebrities official twitter account and to make it harder for fakes to con people.
Is that not the case? What's the controvery over verified accounts for?

They verified a """"white supremacist"""" so of course people are chimping out.

I know these threads are meant to be ironic but the comic does bring up a good point. Getting verified on twitter, the people who are verified, and the way people use verified accounts is kinda wonky and antithetical to what most people would assume would come with a verified account.

I googled it, so you don't have to: evidently Twitter gave verified status to a Nazi, so now everybody's mad.

I imagine the comedy of a Nazi being marked with a verification badge for everyone to see is lost on the angry horde.

Regardless of how you feel about them they're extremely important to twitter protecting themselves because they prevent defamation of famous people.

So are you just going to do this every M/W/F when xkcd updates?

What pisses me off most is that people are only upset because they feel that being verified is an inherent good, rather than just a necessary function of a social media platform

It boggles my fucking mind as to how people have such a hard time understanding verification. All it does is prevent imitators, that's it.

Feels pretty good to know I'll never be so pathetic that I create fantasies about being persecuted in response to a comic featuring a straight white male.

Evidently it's not just about verifying identities. Being verified comes with a number of perks and tools that aren't available to all members. Basically, they decided to bake verification in with their partnership program.

If some jackass pretended to be a famous person on twitter, would twitter really be liable in a defamation suit? I can say I'm Ethan Hawke and I like to eat babies, but I don't think Sup Forums is going to be sued for defamation against the real Ethan Hawke any time soon

What's his name, I want to go through his posts so I can respond to you with the ones that say shit like "I propose a peaceful ethnic cleansing to protect the future for white children" or whatever so the people who read your post understand the kind of person we're talking about.

It's not a legal liability for twitter, but if you want celebrities or companies to use your site, you need to give them assurances.

Of course they're liable for libel published on their website. They're protected by "safe harbor" laws that remove that liability if they act reasonably to remove the offending material, but that's just more work for them.

But again, it's not just verifying who the person is. Verified accounts get access to analytics and specialized tools. It's actually their partnership program.

twitter.com/themaddimension?lang=en

They removed someone's verification checkmark because they didn't like them.

Interesting, so it's only for people they feel like supporting?

His first 3 posts are talking about how unfair people are being to Christopher Cantwell and other people who attended the Unite the Right Rally, the one where people were chanting "Jews will not replace us" and "Blood and Soil".

It's for whatever they feel it's for. Sometimes it's to verify an account, sometime its to bring them into a partnership. They've even used it punitively. They removed the verified status from Milo Yia-whogivesafuck before they banned him.

It's a root cause nightmare. At every step, it probably made a certain amount of sense to have verification, to attach tools to it, etc., but in hindsight they went and built a clique and gave them special privileges. It finally blew up in their face.

COCK
SUCKING
LIPS

He's a conservatard but he doesn't seem like a white supremacist. Closest is being a confederate apologist.

People get pissed off at verified accounts? But literally the only reason its a thing is so that you know its not a fake and the actual person

Why would that piss you off? Who is taking offense at this

He's the guy who organized the Unite The Right Rally

Twitter has recently been having controversies continually popping up over how they don't actually adhere to their written policy for things like verification or deleting tweets.

The base premise of verification is just supposed to be an indicator that an account has proven to be the person whose name is on it, and not an impersonator. Whether it's a real name or an e-famous pseudonym.
In practice it's difficult to have your verification request approved, even if you're using your real name and provide proof which logically should be enough. There's some vague undefined criteria regarding notability that ended up turning it into a status thing. And then they lit off a powder keg when they approved the verification request of the guy who organized the alt right rally in virginia.

They also recently said that their code of conduct doesn't apply if a tweet is newsworthy. So if the twitter staff decides you're famous enough you're allowed to post threats and doxx people, or other things that would get normies banned.

He organized the Unite the Right rally in Charlottseville, and described the slaying at the rally as "payback" for Communism.

Except they're given to people who'd have no imitators, and you can't get one unless the twitter team arbitrarily decides you're worthy, and they take it away from people not because they are not the person who they are verified to be, but merely because the twitter staff don't like them.

Also Verified accounts are given priority to be seen in comments threads and other similar things.

It's retarded in it's implementation

>and you can't get one unless the twitter team arbitrarily decides you're worthy, and they take it away from people not because they are not the person who they are verified to be, but merely because the twitter staff don't like them.
Do you have actual proof of that?
>Also Verified accounts are given priority to be seen in comments threads and other similar things.
Who cares about something so pointless

They unverified Milo Yiannopoulos as a punitive measure before banning him.

>Who cares about getting priority in a forum?

Literally everybody, dumbass.

>"Jews will not replace us"
I could have sworn it was, "you" not "jews"

At least from every video I saw.

How did dobson ever get fans?

I'll admit when I was 12 I liked reading some of his video game comics

Are you 16?

Twitter Verification Badges were meant to be a badge that announced "Yup, that's them."
Site users took it to mean "Yup, we agree."

It also doesn't really help that they opened up the verification process to everybody. That just made the alleged social status of the badge oversaturated to the point that it became a symbol of pretentiousness.

>where people were chanting "Jews will not replace us"
Are people really still trying to meme that into existence? They were obviously saying "You".

Not that user, but they were chanting both at different points as I understand it.

>runny eggs
>not scrambled
Disgusting

Runny eggs are fucking great. You need toast or some sort of bread to go with them though.

Usually what I do is make two pieces of toast, fry up an egg a good bit, make some bacon, and then turn all of that into a sandwich.
It's pretty good when I want to treat myself.

Is Randall mad that he didn't get verified?

It was.
No, they weren't. It was just "you."

If you disgusting decadence I recommend frying the bread in the bacon grease some time. That's some good stuff, but you can feel your heart slow.

>His first 3 posts are talking about how unfair people are being to Christopher Cantwell
Because he has been falsely accused and imprisoned
>and other people who attended the Unite the Right Rally
Because they've been demonized by the media
>people were chanting "Jews will not replace us"
Literally never happened
>"Blood and Soil"
Is there something wrong with this?

I want Sup Forums to leave

I want reddit to leave.

Also, Twitter unverified people as a punishment measure. While I agree the users look at it the wrong way, Twitter itself has done nothing but pave the way for this sort of attitude. They have no one to blame but themselves for backlash

Hello, reddit!

Hi, Sup Forums!

>Everything I don't like is Sup Forums

>they would be liable for libel posted on their site
Sup Forums begs to differ

A platform that big should have their own agenda and biases.
People in general should stop treating twitter as their sekrit club. It (should be) a communications platform for everyone that's not directly inciting violence.
But people get banned for opinions, and jihadist can freely post their garbage, up until recently.

It's a really fucked up site that should be dying, just like Facebook.

Who do they mean by "you"? I bet it's a race thing, still.

Well Sup Forums?

Where'd you get this picture of me?

what kinda hypercuck beard is that?

>the only way dad can cope with his constant emotional abuse is to pass it on

Isnt this guy being haunted by a dead kid that wants to kill him?

The attempted suicide rate among trans people is ~40%
The only comparable rate of attempted suicide is of those people living in death camps.

Last I checked, most people don't accept rounding up trans people and making them work and/or starve to death.

I would guess it's just a vague "the opposition" thing.

You do realise, maybe it's the constant discrimination and not anything about /being trans/ itself?

That's what is supposed to do, but it's still a work in progress. In the meantime, the implication is that each person who is verified is more influential or important than the person who is verified after them. This comic specifically calls out how it's a WIP, but the point is that no matter who you verify first, it's going to look bad to somebody. Once everyone is verified, it'll serve it's purpose, but until then it's just a "cool kids" badge, and that causes problems.

WHERES THE FUCKING JOKE?!

Discrimination or the looming feeling they will never be what they think they are? Because the suicide rate spike after the sex change.

It's meant to just be relatable. Expecting it to be funny is only going to disappoint you. Same reason XKCD is always going to disappoint I'd you expect it to be smart, it's not trying to be.

Well it fails on that front as well, since I can't relate to being such a massive cuckold that I work for Buzzfeed of all places.

If I was a shitty webcomic artist I'd much rather take a paycheck from buzzfeed than rely on my retarded fickle fanbase to pay me.

Gender Dysphoria can fuck with your head sure, but being discriminated or even attacked because of the ways you try to cope with it doesn't help matters.

True.
Iced drinks at Starbucks are loaded up with ice, it's like three big gulps and it's gone. It's meant to be relatable that they disappear like that. It's niche, like anything relatable. It's not meant to reach everyone.

He was lucky.
Is funny, because he criticized people for the same reason he became famous.

That study was from the 80s no? And yea that's why a lot of trans people don't get sex changes anymore.

I can think of a half dozen reasons for this, from problems with hormone treatment, to family drama being more severe than anticipated, to increased harassment from the trans status being more outwardly obvious.

Suicides are always investigated to find the cause, not that they always find a cause just that they always look. If this study had access to suicide rates, they would have access to the causes. The fact that they don't show the cause should immediately make you suspicious that the study is pushing a narrative.

I would take more pride working for Blackwater than Buzzfeed.

True, but twitter strives to be a news platform, so they can't have their cake and eat it too in that respect. Sup Forums officially just says "it's all bullshit lol" and leaves it at that.

>waaaah they make bad articles!
Grow the fuck up, have you never worked a register before? You just have to work somewhere where you make an impact or create something, as if you've never had a shitty job just for the paycheck before? Don't be so self-righteous.

The cause is that you're so fucked in the head that you believe you're something that you biologically are not, nor will ever be.

Agreed, but in the hypothetical I'm a shitty webcomics artist not a trained killer.

That fill-in-the-blanks with your confirmation bias is exactly what articles who don't list the causes want you to think.

We're talking about Buzzfeed.
Not only are we talking about Buzzfeed, we're talking about Adam Ellis.
Don't even pretend to justify that shit.

Huh, I never thought about it that way before.

Maybe it really is EVERYBODY ELSE'S fault that trannies are insane.

You're probably the type of person who shouts at McDonald's employees, aren't you? It's just a job, get over yourself. I don't work at Walmart but you better believe if I needed a job I'd apply there. I eat better than french fries every day, but I don't shit talk fast food workers. "I can't imagine ever being a writer for BuzzFeed" fuck right the hell off, how self important can you be.

Or, y'know, maybe they're not insane. I mean until there's a study on the insanity if transexual people, you're just making an assumption based on intentionally incomplete information.

>literally defending withholding information as long as it serves your worldview

What is there to justify though? Some people like that shit, just like Bayformers and the MCU. If you were a webcomic artist having trouble making ends meet, or working a job you hated to finance your art you would turn down a steady paycheck for buzzfeed? Because frankly that makes you as retarded and sanctimonious as I'm sure you think Buzzfeed is.

If you're only argument is "They commit suicide a lot therefore they're insane" then I hate to see what you think of US veterans.

No, they are insane for thinking they are something they are not.

>dude it's just a job

So is sucking dick behind a 7-11, and you bet your ass I'd have more respect for someone that did that for a living than someone who worked for Buzzfeed. At least the dicksucker isn't actively shitting up the internet.

How self centered you have to be that your biggest worry is your gender? Life doesn't suddenly become better just because you get a different pair of genitals.

So you put out a fatwa for the head of Kevin Feige and Michael Bay right?

>Celebrities
Yeah, no, there are people with that shit who nobody ever heard of
In reality it's 1 a status symbol for people with lots of followers 2 a way to get everyone interested by making it a secrit club and then letting everyone have one 3 a way to get rid of all the bots in the site and 4 an attempt to have people not make sockpuppet accounts to harrass each other
They are selling you something bad as vip content