Refreshing concepts

Hey Sup Forums pitch a cartoon idea that would be refreshing to watch, something that doesn't abide by normal storytelling conventions.
youtube.com/watch?v=EQnaRtNMGMI

Or give us some examples about cartoons, tv shows, movies which break the mold.
Honestly I thought Bambi was a hell lot of nothing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uhlBqFj9kDw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The cartoon ideas I've come up with are mostly ones I've posted in these threads before, and I'm not sure whether or not people will get mad if I post them again

How about an anthology series. Something like The Twilight Zone or Tales from the Crypt, but more comedic.

Depends on how you define normal storytelling conventions

Skeleton protagonist. Like Overlord, youtube.com/watch?v=uhlBqFj9kDw

... but in a modern day setting.

Like a magical girl show, but with a grown man

I'm not sure if this would break any storytelling molds, but I have an idea for a show about an errand girl for Death who's also his old friend/enemy.

Or better yet: far future.

Imagine a series like Star Trek, only instead of the Federation, people serve an immortal undead Lich wizard.

And they travel in creepy, dark ships that house thousands of people with advanced technology with a decayed, gothic look - all manned by undead skeletons/zombies and other monstrosities.

And the main characters are basically bio-engineered/cybernetic-augmented people who are given advanced armors, called knights and sent forth to accomplish grievous tasks - and they look like vampire lords straight from Vampire Hunter D or the Harkonnen of the Dune novels.

A story starring the wacky antics of an eldritch horror worshiping cult. Sort of like Lovecraft Mythos meets Father Ted

It's a cartoon show set in a fantasy space theme.
Our main character is a silent and suave girl with star and moon themes who can shapeshift into avatar constellations.
She goes around from moon to moon to grow colored trees and bubblegum pop-styled stuff. In the end she creates her own utopia galaxy/world to live in.

It has mysterious trance music that leaves the viewer in a state of nirvana. The goal of for the character to grow her star-themed plants on each moon and harvest from them 10 stars. She uses these star symbols to grow stronger and create life for her galaxy.
In the second part she interacts with characters resembling herself, but simpler, more innocent, charming who live and create things on their own moons.

The goal of the series is to make an exploration-reward based cartoon. The music gives you a sense of being lost and lonely, but in a beautiful mysterious way as our main character explores a content-filled space and in the end she creates life in order to no longer feel alone and have a purpose.

The exploration won't feel like filler because it has rewards, it is breathtaking eyecandy visuals on its own and especially because there is no villain/problem/issue attempting to stop the character in a repetitive way.

I would watch the shit out of that!

Here's a cartoon idea I started working on recently

A cartoon set in the Deep south during the 1930s, starring a little hillbilly girl going on folksy adventures. She’s also a witch, with her wand being a piece of straw in her mouth and her familiar being a pig. The show would have quite a bit of slapstick, as the girl tends to accidentally injure herself while casting spells. Rather than a traditional witch’s cauldron, she has a clunky old distillery (sort of like the kind moonshine’s made with), that she tries to brew potions with, but it often ends up blowing up in her face.

She lives alone, except for her pig, in a cluttered old run-down hut full of stuff she found. The hut’s on the outskirts of a dingy old bayou town inhabited by bumpkins.

The main villains would be a trio of rowdy (but smarter than they look) redneck musicians in a bluegrass band. They’re warlocks with enchanted instruments, casting spells based on the songs played on them.

It's still in the early stages of working on, but I felt like sharing it. I'll probably try to develop it over time

A cartoon where the "main character" is a flying ship that simply flies through space shooting turrets. meteorites, larger ships, gigantic ships.

Basically a SHUMP video game cartoon. Why hasn't anyone attempted this? It's straightforward.

An group of aliens come to earth, and shown from their perspective attempts to communicate with humanity, and its as difficult as it would logically be for us to communicate with sentient life from another planet. Can be comedic and dramatic depending on the episode.

A goddess of gluttony is waning in power due to humanity finally managing to curb obesity and fixate on healthy diets and balanced eating, Being rather self centered and not wanting to fade out of existence from lack of power or something she schemes to spiral humanity into succumb to their old ways and get them obsessed with eating.

>1980's Satanic Panic
>Teen girl accidentally summons a demon
>They are bound together until they fulfill "THE CONTRACT"
>Neither of them remember the contract
>Have to guess as to what will satisfy Satan
>Go around humorously trying to kill, ruin, or just in general change lives

pls no steal, is my webcomic idea I'm writing

>is basically every shonen anime ever
>but main character is huge fucking weeb
>yet also worlds greatest swords man
>his back story
>bought a piece of shit sword off ebay for like 8 bucks
>spent a week cleaning
>unlocks unworldly strength and sword skills
>now he's the greatest warrior of all time with out even really trying
>still a fucking weeb though

you mean Accel World?

>Accel World
Wait what?

Don't be a fag, post them for people who don't lurk every recurring thread.

>Weeb goes into vidya
>Weeb is accepted
>Weeb acts like weeb
>Weeb gits gud

Simpsons' Did It!

Sounds pretty retarded. All you're proposing is a cartoon based on Asteroid while removing the only fun part of it, which is to be playing it.

OKAY, after a quick google search. No, not Aceel World.
Where as Acceel world takes place in virtual reality, I imagine mine to just sort of be a part of the world the main character never really knew about.
I more imagined it as being the idea of a back ground character suddenly becoming the main character, but with none of the qualifications.
I also imagine my protagonist being more of Sup Forums weeb. Doing everything he can to live out his anime fantasy life style and be the hero he's always wanted to, only to grow and realize it kinda sucks. Maybe have him learn to be a decent person by the end.

That's kinda cool, user.
Good idea.
There may be nothing new under the sun, but just like a play about the French Revolution, spectacular execution is everything.

Thanks for the support homie.

You should have it so the big bad of the series is the guy who was originally going to be the protagonist before the weeb stepped in.
Have him slowly lose his mind and go crazy, become corrupted after not being given the time in the lime light, until he becomes the full on villain.
If he can't be the main character, he can be the main character's foil.

Ducks on trucks