Robert Kirkman's Secret History of Comics

AMC is airing a six-part documentary starting tonight at 11pm about the events and people who laid the ground work for the comic book industry. First episode is focused on Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.

Anybody watching?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A0J3-p7ZW3I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Huh, didn't know this was a thing. Might check it out.

>amc
>Kirkman
No

Shit OP, I just made a thread. Everyone pay attention to this one, not mine.

Guess that makes this the talkback thread.

Tis on

Roy Thomas is looking ok at his age.

I never looked at Stan Lee when he was younger, was his voice literally always the same?

but NBC is broadcasting a massacre on national television

tis is

tis watch

Since it's Kirkman I can probably safely skip over the Image episode. I like Image and everything but there's going to be a lot of bias and fanboying, it's not going to be pretty.

>jim shooter
Hot damn, wasn't expecting him.

So here's the part where Stan Lee fucked Kirby's wife.

I didn't expect them to focus so much on Stan Lee. It's must have been decades since he's had his dick sucked like this.

To be fair, they also aren't hiding the fact that Stan took credit for a lot of stuff he didn't do.

He keeps busy editing collections of Golden Age Comics

>be a lot of bias and fanboying

Kirkiman is such an Image fanboy that he was the one who who worked to repair the burned bridge between Liefeld and the other founders after the ousted him in the 90's for allegedly stealing company money and trying to steal talent from Silvestri's studio.

Did anyone watch that "Girls in Comics" documentary on Netflix? How was it?

>they never collaborated again

it's of course going to be revisionist history

they likely won't discuss the pre-Superman history of the medium, Carl Barks will likely receive no mention, and they'll probably only talk about "celebrity" comics industry professionals

actually, no, Stan never took credit for anything he didn't do

he's listed as "co-creator" and "co-plotter" on those comics, which is exactly correct

He was given the credit by the plebs, and he never corrected them.

It's like, damn Roz, I understand why, but still.

I guess they were pretty even showing the fallout between them

They fucking started with Marvel so yea, they don't even give a shit about the pre Spider-Man history let alone the pre Superman history

Might be decent, I dont have cable tv anymore so if it gets uploaded somewhere else I might watch but from the sound of the first episode it doesnt seem to be a very "secret" history.

This is apparently the first episode legally on AMC's youtube page. I can't confirm because I'm a filthy canadian
youtube.com/watch?v=A0J3-p7ZW3I
That link above might work

Episode titles:
>The Mighty Misfits Who Made Marvel
>The Truth About Wonder Woman
>The Trials of Superman
>City of Heroes
>The Color of Comics
>Image Comics: Declaration of Independents

Thanks user but Im in Canada too.

>allegedly
no allegedly about it, he just didn't go to court cause he DID. He also stole directly from Kirby 2 years after he died. Liefeld is a shit

What's City of Heroes about? 9/11?

I saw something about sex in comics on netflix, might be the same or a different documentary, either way it was really good and fun watch, nothing too serious but it gives erotic comics a good in depth view of their past, present and a bit on why they exist. Fun documentary, definitely reccomended and the chick presenting has some really good attributes.

this is pretty poorly edited. It jumps all over the fucking place and really gives a bad impression of the timing of everything

I'm glad he did honestly. I don't know why he never wrote anything for Top Cow or Extreme, or he could have done a run of Spawn even. I mean he used their characters in the Invincible but it's not the same. I guess even though he's a fan it goes against who he is as Mr. Creator-Owned Only, Everyone Flee Marvel and DC Now.

cause he's a thief and the other creators didn't want him touching their stuff

I mean Kirkman not Liefeld. Unless Kirkman is also a thief and I didn't know about it. I mean the beginning of TWD is obviously ripped off of the beginning of 28 Days Later.

I don't suppose hentai is included, is it

oh, thought you were talking about Liefeld. I don't think Kirkman's style would work in Top Cow, which is the strong girl trope dialed up to 11.

>>City of Heroes

They're dedicating an entire episode to an MMO?

Sup Forums has a hate boner for kirkman. I left the first episode recording, looked interesting.

it was a different time

I'm only watching it cause I heard Milestone is going to be in it.

Kirkman, as in the creator of Invincible? Why the fuck is he hosting a comics history show?

Because he's also the author of Walking Dead, and AMC will suck his dick.
And he's hardly the host, it just has his name and he's one of the commentators.

watching it now and it's fairly good. Hitting on some points most documentaries ignore, I'm getting tired of the same documentaries going over Jack Kirby a million times

Kirkman is a fat edgy cuck. He once said that he used to be bullied a lot in school and parts of TWD are his life.

>complaining about sexualized women
>shows picture of Tarot
>Not knowing women are the biggest audience for Tarot

Surely anything that anyone writes draws something from their own life.

He's not even in it. They just use his name to get more viewers.

didn't know about this documentary. signed up for a free trial of Netflix just to watch it, kek. I just got Dave McKean's Celluloid yesterday....I am a perv

>The Mighty Misfits Who Made Marvel
>ep1

nevermind. fucking shit. go watch SFDebris' Comprehensive comic industry Series instead.

>so Sup Forumsmrades I hope you discovered the different types of erotic comics

holy shit, she posts on Sup Forums