How high are your expectations?

How high are your expectations?

Also Hey Arnold thread

Shameless self bump

About...

The Jungle Movie obviously

low, but im open to being surprised.

My expectation is that Craig gets to live the dream of finishing a story he intended to finish years ago.

Even if he gets complaints from old fanboys that all the voice actors are changed, that the quality doesn't match the original show, or that it's just a made-for-TV movie that's interrupted by god damned advertisements that break the flow of a crucial scene, NOTHING can steal from him the fact that his story is officially concluded.

They're in the middle. I love Hey Arnold, but I loved it for how grounded it was in its own colorful was. I related to the show a lot, but it also had just enough eccentricity to make it unique.

The idea of the Jungle Movie never appealed to me because it's just too fictional and massive for the show. I didn't like the first movie for that same reason.

*colorfulness

Low expectations

Much masturbations

To be sincere...really low :(

Mix of high but not too high

It's going to focus on Arnold's parents and be an adventure, but to me, Arnold is about social problems kids can have and how they should handle it.
So I'm expecting something good, but not particularly what makes Arnold good

i dont have expectations i just know its going to make me cry

To be honest, i never really liked hey arnold much. Im excited to see it finished after all these years, but im much more excitd for static cling

Bad and relies heavily on nostalgia.

Confusion

this

Pretty low, I don't expect much of this
If we are lucky it will be ok and fly under the radar, worst case scenario they do everything wrong and piss off everyone

The animation quality is fucking shit now.

Looks great to me

No expectations, but it's been so long I don't actually care any more.

This. It really is jarring how cartoons as of late have been so static with their animation. The character designs, backgrounds, and shading/colors all look amazing; it's just that the animation and movement of the characters feel so stiff and lifeless.

Low.
>Story looks cliché as fuck
>Voice acting is off
>Art style is terrible
>Despite being a movie, it somehow looks less detailed and lively than the tv show.

Its a shame because the storyboards and clips from the original theatrical pitch looked promising before it was scrapped, but this just looks like a dumbed down, half assed version of what that was supposed to be, just for Nick to say, "Okay guys, we made the Jungle Movie, now leave us alone!" I'm still going to watch it for nostalgia reasons, but I'm not expecting good or even memorable.

When I found out that they were NOT going to be in High School I lowered my expectations. But they are still pretty high, I am hoping this movie will offer resolutions to Helga's feelings and the mystery of his Parents, which the trailers have shown to be the case. The animation is something very different and makes Arnold seem bug eyed. I am really surprised that they did not do High School age, since this movie is mainly for us 30 somethings that grew up with Hey Arnold. Could you image if this show got the Samurai Jack treatment for the movie. Still pretty hyped, just wish it wasn't around thanksgiving, cause this 30 something is hosting friends from out of town and have family engagement so I can't watch it until after the holiday.

I hope to hell that it is a great send-off after the long wait, but expectations cannot be lower

Pic related

Hoping it will be at least good, I will try to not let the animation bug me too much. Craig has spoilt too much about it.
pic fucking related is Brainy thus spoiling the entire locket arc

I hope this means more Helga lewds.

In which countries is it going to be released?

Why dont you care anymore? We are finally getting it

Actually, Craig has always wanted to do this

Must... keep... expectations... NEUTRAL!

>>Art style is terrible
It's the same as the old show but cleaner.

Pretty low and looks kind of soul-less. The TV show's backgrounds have way more personality to them

Honestly, I expected Sup Forums to complain about this. They always complain about cartoons nowadays,.

Samurai Jack Season 5, Rick and Morty, Jungle Movie, Gravity Falls, Reboots, Steven Universe, Korra, etc.

Ive even seen some people complain about Gumball and Loud House

It's kind of what Sup Forums does, I dunno what were you expecting

It just looks off to me. The old show seemed to have more detail and personality put into it's art and character expressions. Everything I've seen of the JM loooks cheap and lifeless by comparison.

So when is this airing? On the 15th?

Trying to keep it low. The city was such a big part of Hey Arnold and having them explore this island setting sounds pretty iffy. I expect a lot of Helga/Arnoldb8 to keep the shippers happy. Also

That's because the old show was cel animated. Well most of the old show was cel animated

>My expectation is that Craig gets to live the dream of finishing a story he intended to finish years ago.

not many creators are this lucky

>everyone including Torvold get new clothes but Harold.

High, i wont be happy without seeing a closure to the mystery of Arnold's parents and most of the cast

24th

>Torvald in the background

How did i JUST NOW notice this?

So apparently this move is rated TV-PG

I'm trying to not get my expectations so high...
But I can't. I've been waiting so long for this movie.

Oh man, will Helga and Arnold... holds hands?

L-lewd!

This has the same "problem" Samurai Jack Season 5 had, most fans will love solely because Arnold finds his parents and hooks up with Helga

>most fans will love solely because Arnold finds his parents and hooks up with Helga

But Season 5 of Samurai Jack didn't accomplish any of the great things people wanted from it. It didn't have Jack moving on from going back to the past, fighting Aku in an amazing final battle and living for the future. It didn't even have the Guardian.

We already know for a fact that the two main things people want out of this movie are already present. Pic related.

Jack went back to the past and defeated Aku, that's all most of the fandom wanted

>Jack went back to the past and defeated Aku

Sure, in all of two minutes and using another character's miraculous superpowers as a crutch. Him going back to the past and wiping out his future was just shitty. It means that there were no real consequences to any of it.

>But Season 5 of Samurai Jack didn't accomplish any of the great things people wanted from it.
Well duh, cause you purposely changed what you wanted from it after it aired to hate on it to be a contrarian that fits in your clique of people you don't know.
Really fucking pathetic to be honest with you. Even Arnold would call you a fag, and he's a good person.

>Well duh, cause you purposely changed what you wanted from it after it aired to hate on it to be a contrarian that fits in your clique of people you don't know.

Are you projecting or something? As soon as it became clear that the season was set decades later it never made for going back to the past to be his goal anymore. The first few episodes were pretty great but the rest of it was just incredibly hasty, and the focus on a OC mary sue waifu for Jack was a terrible mistake on Gendy's part.

What are you going on about?

I'm excited simply to see the story finish. Even if it's not great, I think I'll enjoy seeing the characters again.

My prediction is that Craig gets busted for sexual misconduct right before the premiere, causing Nick to pull The Jungle Movie from the air and shelving it indefinitely

Eh his brother-in-law Matt Groening has a higher chance of that happening

I have barely any expectations, but it still won`t stop me from watching it.

But if they reprise/remix "I saw your face and wow", then its a criterion collection classic to me.

I somehow forgot about this. After years it has now resurfaced in my head. Thanks.

its been 13 years, and this catchy song still randomly pops up in my head.

Samurai Jack S5 had great animation that fit the show, so both fans and newbies could enjoy it, this has shit tier animation so unless it's god tier the fans won't like it and newbies won't bother with it. Honestly some of the images look like they came from Big Mouth, it hurts.

I hated how Phoebe episodes all involved her getting shit on.