Ultimate Spider-Man the best animated Spider-Man show?

Ultimate Spider-Man the best animated Spider-Man show?

youtube.com/watch?v=9lnuNDaBxE0

Nah it's nowhere near the best kek

It's not good

it's not even in the top 3

TAS=Spectacular>Unlimited=Amazing Friends>1967>1981=New animated series>Ultimate>2017

I liked Ultimate Spider man. Spectacular was overrated.

Shit taste.
The only good thing about Unlimited was the cool costume.
Amazing Friends was boring shit.
MTV series is criminally underrated.
Ultimate is the worst Spider-Man cartoon and one of the worst superhero shows in general, period.

You can’t seriously think the 2017 show is better

Yes, I can. Ultimate is putrid garbage whereas 2017 is just mediocre and cringy.

This pretty much. New show is not exactly good, but it's still not "worst cape animation of all time tier" like Ultimate

What was so bad about Ultimate?

Really bad humor reminiscent of Waypool, Spider-Man's dynamic with his "hero team" was shitty, a Spider-Man show....focused on Hydra as the main villains, because movie synergy. Skrillex Ock, Raped the symbiote lore worse than Bendis himself, and all related characters (OK, the symbiote was created, not an alien, that was always shitty but it is called Ultimate after all....but then Agent Venom is the first Venom, Harry Osborn is Anti Venom, Carnage is a....fusion of Venom and Anti-Venom?)

Come on, that shit was pants on head retarded, it didn't even follow Ultimate lore anyway, which already fucking sucked, so this was a sucky adaption of an already sucky series. Even if you liked Ultimate Spider-Man comics, this show was nothing like it other than borrowing the worst things about it like science project Venom and Hulk Goblin, they may as well have left all that shit out if they were just gonna make it basically it's own thing anyway and went with the fan favorite versions, but even that wouldn't have saved the show from being an ADHD unfunny POS

Sounds like a lot of "not muh" to me

Nope. Drake Bell fucking sucks as Spidey and I hate everything about his ass.

Not muh is pretty valid considering Ultimate Spider-man doesn't offer anything good in return. It offers Family Guy skits instead.

>wah quit doing new things, I want the same thing over and over again
No wonder faggots like Spectacular

Oh I get it. I never really followed spiderman so US would be a lorefag's nightmare. Thanks.

Annoying and unfunny humor that is dumb even by kids' show standards. Unbearably obnoxious main characters. Shitty plots. Terrible pacing that makes most episodes feel like they last forever and The most forgettable and shallow characterizations for villains possible.
>hurr durr all new is good
Fuck off.

Oh it's the Iron Fist guy.
Honestly, this show isn't as bad as people say, nor worse.

There were a few episodes I liked and Taskmaster was a cool recurring villain, but USM overall wasn't very good.

the venom & deadpool episodes were all right

Not everything new is inherently good.

Also, Spectacular did new things as well (Montana as Shocker, Electro's design, Black Cat's dad killing Uncle Ben, Kraven in general, etc) But it was an excellent show that stood out on its own and the show still felt like Spider-Man despite it all.

I unironically love the 90s series.

the sinister six episodes of spectacular spider-man is the best explanation for why spider-man is my favourite super hero of all time

The new show is just as bad, if not worse than the terribleness of Ultimate. They made peter even more annoying by the first episode and shorts alone by making him joke about science stuff constantly, having him take the Big Bang Theory route of expressing he’s a nerd, plus Dan Slott and his shit OCs are involved, the animation and art style is shit, the dialogue is somehow worse than ultimate, and they introduced Miles as Spider-Man within the first 10 episodes already to sell toys

Oh it's much worse than Ultimate

The last seasons were the only good seasons of the show.

The way USM did the sinister six was stupid as shit
>oh no, all of spidermans worst foes have teamed up
>But it turns out that they are all evenly matched with with members of spider mans team so all they have to do is fight the villain who isn't their match

>They made peter even more annoying by the first episode and shorts alone by making him joke about science stuff constantly, having him take the Big Bang Theory route of expressing he’s a nerd

To be fair, this gets toned down after the season premiere. Peter talks more like a regular human being.

Pretty much all the other flaws remain, but I still prefer it over USM, if only because it at least does more arc-based storylines, stong continuity, and focus on Spider-Man mythos instead of just forcing in the MU at every turn.

2017 is just not well made, but Ultimate was just cynical advert for Spider-man toys.

I think I could stand the new series if it weren't for how badly it's animated.

An animated series under the license two of the world's biggest brand names and they can't employ the basic principles of animation?

No, it's not. I thought it was mediocre at best and just bad the rest of the time.

Fuck it, you know what I want? A Spider-Man Team-Up show that has Spidey work with a different hero every episode. Think Batman: The Brave and the Bold, but with Marvel.

Even with the MCU-only restrictions?

As long as this hypothetical dream show can keep the MCU pandering in it's pants, sure. It's not like its happening anyway.