Bittersweet Candy Bowl

Remember to control your Madison.

Is Taeshi finally listening to us from Sup Forums (to a certain degree)?

A little bit of awareness goes a long way in this comic.

bruh when people look for the thread they start by typing bcb not bitter

The comedic abuse (even if it's Madison) is lame, but it's kind of nice to see Paulo finally acknowledge how toxic Lucy is, even though it's in service of PauloxDaisy (still stupid.)

When was Paulo not straight with Rachel? He never let on like he was interested in being real lovers.

Drown in the lake, Maidson.

I want to delete Madison

>Make Paulo oblivious to Rachel's feelings to the point of retcon
>Shit on him for it

Taeshi come on.

Use the double size post, negro

>The comedic abuse (even if it's Madison) is lame
Speak for yourself, pussy.

Nope

>Tess rejects him for weird self-martyrdom reasons
>Lucy tries to fuck him but thanks him for stopping her but is angry he had sex with other girls
>Jess only fucked him to humiliate Tess
>Jasmine lied about her feelings when they broke up only to be really bitter about it later
>Lucy again x1000
He really has been shit on by girls a lot.

Calling Lucy a bitch is the first time he's gotten annoyed, even a little.

I'd say it's because it's Madison that it actually works. She deserves at least a bonk on the head for what she's done.

Nah, just a coincidence since it's still railroaded for entering shitty forced ship town due to weak plot and personality lobotomizing of the cast.

>The comedic abuse (even if it's Madison) is lame
Anything but her reduced to a red paste smear by a truck is unfunny violence.

Paulo isn't straight

Man Vero is shit at profiles, she has no idea how to draw the side of a human face - much less an anthropomorphic cat person.

You're right

Paulo's so straight it isn't gay when he fucks a boy.

>I know Im not perfect
Mary Sue that gets a pass because he's the pansexual comic relief

I typed bi-sexual what the fucking shit

proof

Did you read my mind?

doing a test

bisexual
bi-sexual

Huh. I just noticed something
Tae really likes triangles

Ok so why the fuck didfuck up the spelling

she's got those fucking Dr Sess Who noses going on

Kek.

No definition of a nose/snout - they merely float in space. Mouths are perpetually stuck to the side of face - mouth does not wrap around face.

Teeth are rarely defined, generally purposed in a blank white triangle void. Triangle mouth and bean mouth are abundant.

Eyes are flat and do not generally conform to face as a sphere sitting in a socket. Pupil is not shown layered onto eye, does not have any 3d-detailing.

Faces are not pliable and do not seem to be made of flesh.

For the first time in the chapter characters are actually talking about something important instead of avoiding the point and fucking Madison interrupts.

Has Taeshi given up trying to make her loved and started playing into the audience's dislike of her instead?

But Paulo was straight with Rachel, it was Rachel who was beating around the bush and pretending she was fine with one thing while wanting another.

Oh my god Madison fuck off!

Rachael set the rules by establishing fwb, she knows Paulo loves Lucy and accepts that. It hurts sure, but she can get over it without making a big deal.

Madison is not even part of the group and she's interjecting with her opinion.
No one cares Madison!

its ok, though. everything madison does is ok.

she got the ass n titties

Maybe the endgame is that Jessica dumps her by the end?

I'd like to unsee this please.

b-but she really cares about her friends u guise!!

PUT THE BOOK DOWN

Any comparison to before it went chibi and inevitably turned to undeniable garbage?
Basically everything in 2013 and back, but please skip the weeaboo beginning.

Because we'd need a "timelapse" of improvement and subsequently unlearning to prove the point to others that she gon' fucked up.

10$ on it being because Lucy is available and desperate enough.

AND IF THEY LOOK INTO THIS BOOK

This pic wasn't even created to roast Tae in the first place, I was looking for both a good and bad example of profile shots as done by Taeshi to give feedback to a BCB smut artist. I didn't even notice how bad the situation was until I started looking for it.

So you're saying it's a unintentional roast?
Damn, that just makes it all the more hilarious in a "burning trainwreck" kind of way.

Retoasting image because it's more appropriate than ever

I have to ask, though: how do you steer clear of that while working in a simplistic style? Is heavy caricature Ala Mongols necessary? Would it be better to simply try to make individual features unique and slightly tweak expressions (two characters can smile similarly, but they have different eyes and one smiles wider most of the time)?

>"NOW YOU KNOW HOW RACHEL FEELS LMAO"

Considering the fact that Rachel actually is known to be a major slutdog primadonna she played the game and she didn't get what she wanted. Play stupid games, and you get fucking stupid prizes.

Pretty much, Rachel played with fire because she thinks that she's this "slut queen" but in reality. She pushed Paulo away by not being who she wants to be with him because she wanted Paulo to come forward about it. Except that's not how people work at all. That fucking "He has to ask me out" shit ended in the 80s because girls realize that guys don't play mind games unless they get played mindgames first.

Wait, was this an intentional diss to Taeshi?

That tutorial's from 2011; there were plenty of weebs doing that kind of thing then and a number of years before.

Sadly no, the artist making those "weeb mocking" guides is just a lovable perfectionist, borderlining to the autism spectrum.

She believes you NEED to have a very good grasp on realism before you toon it up.

You do.

As I see it she interpreted an attraction to him in purely sexual terms because that's how she's lived before then. When she realizes she wants more from him emotionally it's too late; they're already fuck-buddies and she was trapped. She couldn't ask him for more when she herself defined their relationship as sexual and she couldn't cut off the sex to shoot for more because it would seem like an antagonistic demand. Plus she feared losing what connection she did have with him.

This is actually a pretty interesting plot movement; shows a real problem with being a big fat slut without it being finger-wagging or alarmist.

See also

One last to pile it on

Taeshi does have some variation between characters when it comes to eyes in more neutral expressions. If you had a grey scale of each characters iris you could pretty accurately recognise the main 4.

really nailed it with
>Faces are not pliable and do not seem to be made of flesh

First thing Taeshi should consider is how mouth placement effects the outline of the face when drawing. Once she's nailed that she can move onto solving pic related.

No this one WAS an intentional mocking. The side mouth collage was me collecting a couple of do's and do not's for a friend but then only finding the do not's after 13 pages of Taeshi_(artist).

That particular image is a diss because it has been edited from the original, which had even more generic anime expression in it.

>No definition of a nose/snout - they merely float in space.

That's because she stopped shading, probably thinks it makes the comic less furry.

No, even there the snouts are pretty nebulous.

While the general idea is on point, the idea that you shouldn't even attempt any form of abstraction or stylistic departure from reality until you have an excellent grasp on several fields is fucking asinine. It's the equivalent of "I'll start my novel once I get good!"

Growing as an artist is about taking risks and learning from your failures. Studying the essentials is important, but if you put off everything but the essentials you'll end up like Proko, and nobody wants that.

Take the time to segregate your anatomical studies from your stylized art, but make the time to find abstractions you enjoy and experiment with your imagination.

Wtf, why does Taeshi always feel the need to do this? Every single time there's actually a decent page where shit starts to happen, it gets cheapened by comic relief.

thanks jessica.
Madison REALLY deserves this trophy.

Just two problems with that.

1: she has shown she used to grasp the basic concepts in the pasts, but now every one of her works lacks even that.

2 (which might be a extension of 1): she has neglected further studies of proportional saneness in the name of stylishness to the point of it being morbidly similar to cheap and shitty animes.

So saying you shouldn't prioritise proportional correctness to a high degree as the foundation of being a artist just leads to digging yourself into a shithole similar to what Taeshi currently resides in.

here's this week's ships ahoy, if any of you missed it

6/10 I chuckled

Because as soon as the issue's are resolved the comic ends and she loses her home.

Rachel should've said that

She's the slutpup after all.

Why would she fail to pick up on (fake) sexual innuendo?

rachel isnt into dog dong, though. shes really not wanting to get pregnant just yet

There's more ways to copulate than peepee into vagoo.

Also wang wraps.

perhaps, but her wet holes are still for cats only

Don't forget that Rachel originally slepy with him to get back at Tess too. Then she opened the door for FWB. Then is the one who wasn't super clear on what she wanted because she just expected Paulo to develop feelings for her like she did him.

>that art
eww

Tumblr "art" where the characters look like melting wax statues

i hope not
i dont want more of those people coming here

I don't think she expected that; she was just hurt by the contradictions in their relationship (that she created).

See how she broke it off as cleanly as she could as was never annoyed with Paulo, unlike her dumb cunt friends who are too stupid not to leave well enough alone.

She was the kindest to Paulo out of anyone so I don't think she really counts as giving him as shit.

Shit still feels like a retcon given how it was hastily tagged on the plot, both for ~drama~ and for shitting on Paulo.

Like Davids slobbering Labrador tongue isn't gonna make any hole wet.

It was a cool conflict when it was introduced but its termination was one of the worst piece of writing in the whole comic.

Where is it on the "Taeshi fucked up" scale when compared to homoPolo saga and bipolar spergLucy at carnival?

While it wasn't as painful as either of those (because it was only a couple of pages instead of whole chapters) I think it's technically the worst since it directly contradicted stuff from earlier in the series.

It's my headcanon that Paulo learned an exaggerated sense of forbearance for girls from his dad, who didn't respond in kind when his wife started hating him and ultimately walked out on her family.

This seems like an admirable quality but it means that Paulo's takes bullshit lying down. It'd be kind of interesting if he finally learned to get angry at girls if they deserve it.

He could tell Jess she's a shit for taking his virginity to hurt a friend of his. He's never going to forget his first sexual experience and it's a painful memory because of her.

So the disastrous impact was shorter but more powerful?

>is a doormat to women
>"Ayy bby the cops are looking for my dick, can I hide it in your baby crevice?"

Uhh.....

There hasn't been a plotline thrown away so violently and completely. The DaisyxAbbey breakup was ultimately very stupid but it stewed for a while before bursting like a boil.

>There hasn't been a plotline thrown away so violently and completely

That was just dropped (or "it happened off screen")...if they ever intended to follow up on it anyway.

Paulo and Rachel's fucking was in the background for years and it just hit a brick wall and stopped.

>brick wall

its called a cervix

But Paulo was always honest with rachel?

The problem is no matter what they do at this point Daisy and Paulo getting together will be forced. Because we know that Paulo would rather be with Lucy and Daisy would rather be with Mike. They didn't choose each other, they're stuck with each other.

>So saying you shouldn't prioritise proportional correctness to a high degree as the foundation of being a artist just leads to digging yourself into a shithole similar to what Taeshi currently resides in
Honestly I'd hesitate to even go that far. In her case she's just neglected study outright. The fundamentals are important, but you don't even need to be great at them; just fucking apply yourself.

terrible

Women can't write drama. Only a woman would think Paulo did any wrong to Rachel

I'm still waiting for the big reveal that Paulo / Rachel stand up to this shitty behaviour and show that witch hunting is moronic, that lost arc deserves at least a moral to the story.

This is what I hate most about this comic. Nothing's Natural. Lucy will always belong to Mike and Paulo will belong to Daisy because SHE needs a happy ending. Everything is so forced in this comic it's unreal. Why make the main characters get together with each other at all? Why not have the characters leave high school by themselves to figure out what they want in life..... Wait, it's because it would lack Vero's favorite anime cliches, and force her to come up with something less predictable, isn't it?

Well hey, maybe they won't get together this chapter. Maybe she'll wait to push them together until the relationship seems somewhat natural.

>madison……………

Does Tae actually think people like Madison?

>Well hey, maybe they won't get together this chapter. Maybe she'll wait to push them together until the relationship seems somewhat natural.
>Maybe she'll wait to push them together until the relationship seems somewhat natural.
>the relationship seems somewhat natural.

Didn't Polo originally view Daisy as the little sister he never had?
Because I somehow remember it being alone the lines of that.

Also makes the recent "pedo" shitstorm that Veronica helped crank up to 11 instead of defusing all the more hypocritical.

Suddenly Tae realised kids were reading it and decided to capitulate on the gullible bucks

You can go from viewing someone non-romantically to viewing them romantically user. It's not exactly unheard of.

Doesn't change my point at all.

I wish

People do but Madison is basically the bitch lesbian that's abrasive and cold to other people. It's literally dating the bad boy all of a sudden except she has tits and a vagina and she respects you. She's only gonna be liked for a couple of seconds before people realize that people like Madison are friendless, they don't have friends because they're rude. They're not nice. They're a cunt. And like all cunts, they either get friendly or start being more nice and cordially to everyone. But sadly, it's Taeshi. The girl who wanted to have a dyke instead of a fat Aussie.