Wtf this movie is fucking FUN

Trolls thread. I want discussion on this shit.
>Justin Timberlake is actually a god teir voice actor
>wtf moments at are actually gold
>that chick from New Girl and McLovin
>actually great pairing of MCs
>Hans from Frozen done right
>catchy music and “are they really fucking playing this?” music
>some mediocre parts ir ruin the mood moments
>superior age gap relationship
>getting mini specials, a sequel and a tv show
like FUCK you guys, It’s on Netflix now you better watch it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2lJqHm5ug4g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

By the way, when I said age gap relationship I ment this. Someone on Tumblr did the math and why the fuck aren’t we talking about this?

>Justin Timberlake is actually a god teir voice actor
this
I actually luaghed when he sang that song in the end, because of the fact it's Justin Timberlake, you can't put him in a cartoon movie and not sing.

if there is anything bad to say it's the antagonist. The whole eat a troll to be happy was handle pretty bad. I felt pretty bad the royal troll checker chick got exiled then tried to retake her job and in the end get shafted again.

Are we talking about the movie or about the holiday special?

Not sure how he's god-tier but he did a good job. I reserve "god-tier voice actor" for people who can do like 5 completely distinct voices and voice them each competently.

The movie, I haven’t seen the special yet rip me
He needs to be made a horror protagonist’s voice, like The Evil Within type of thing
I never was a fan of him but I was pretty skeptical since this is the “sexy back” guy

He was perfect as Booboo in the yogi bear movie

I liked the movie but the best thing about it is this little turd.
I expected him to be that annoying spoiled kid who screams "I"M THA KING! DO WHAT I SAY!!". That will end up with the cook villain in the same cell or whatever.
Instead this little bastard is pretty much a good leader. He didn't eat Trolls before his subjects and patiently waited for the trolleating day, even if the evill cook tempted him many times.
He listens to what others say and is ready to do things for those he care about.

Also, maybe I'm just reading too much into this movie for kids but it seems kinda like an allegory for using drugs.
Just like drug addicts, Bergens are constantly sad and gloomy, and only their 'fix' trolls can make them feel better. They're ready to sacrifice sentient beings just to fulfil their need of being happy, without even trying any other methods.

I took using the Trolls more as placebos. The idea that you can't be happy unless you have ___ which can be a substitute for most people in their lives, even non-drug users.

I found it an allegory for eating disorders but that works too. And Grisls is best Bergen.

>FUN
>using thread titles
time to shill

I was shocked too at how much I enjoyed it. I've watched it twice already. I don't think there's been any even remotely enjoyable Dreamworks movies that have come out lately except this one

I’m a story boarder on Trolls 2. The new track is pretty great too. AMA

Is it going to suck like the first one should have or will it be good again?

Singing Killed my Grandma!
God I hate this movie

> Watch trailer for trolls holiday short
> Branch has dull colors again

For what purpose?

I think it will be fun, probably a let down if you’re expecting a Pixar-teir sequel but Pixar is also god. Not Illumination though. If you have a choice between seeing Sing 2 and Trolls 2 in 2020, I’d pick trolls.
It’s a kid’s movie, but I agree that sucked

He’s not you dumbass, he’s blue and has a purple nose

I smell autism.

Looks pretty dull to me.

He’s not glowing. You probably remember him glowing in the love song. They weren’t going to make bright blue, but his colors are still not grey.

know anything about the Netflix series that's starting in January? the first art of it doesn't look promising, I just want goofy troll adventures.

I’m not on that case but I wish I was involved. Not going to be the same voice actors and won’t be crossing the movies (like it will take things from the movies but won’t effect the movies, if you get what I mean). You’re going to get a lot more of the snack pack though, which I’m looking forward too. I heard they’re handling Branch like a PTSD victim so that can either go amazing or the opposite if amazing. I’ll be watching it anyways no matter what.

How the fuck did this movie even happen? In all seriousness. It should have been Emoji-tier trash.

well that's good for the snack pack, hopefully DJ Zuki. Sucks she wasn't in the holiday short, I mean did they really needed Stefani to put her in? Stefani only said like one thing anyway in the movie.

I just hope the series is cartoony like Mr.Peabody or Home was.

I completly agree.
Good songs, well use of music
Amazing world design

Netflix Poppy's voice actor does Blossom in nuPPG.

How many Hollywood dicks do you think that little whore sucked?

Is Branch terrible color scheme blue or superior gray?

t. Rebecca Sugar

I won’t spoil the plot of Trolls 2 but I can give you a list of the music they’ll be incorporating if you need fuel
A lot of beef between stefani a and the rest if the staff went down in the the furst movie which is why they cut DJ out if the end credits mostly. She’s salty af.

oh well, asses to her then.

In comparison to 1, which one do you think has the better story?

Nothing can beat one, but as someone with depression and ptsd myself I think it hits home a little more in 2. Also Poppy is fucking cute, like maybe even over board this time. Would say 1 is superior in some most ways, but Creek is a better developed in 2.[spoiler/]

Blue isn’t a bad colour scheme for him, I thought they did a good job woth that transition. Thought mundane dark greens would work better for him but I’m not on character design, plus I wasn’t involved in 1. He’ll be blue. But ehy would you want him to feel depressed again user? That baby deserves to be happy.

Sorry about the misspellings too, you guys. I drank a lot of coffee and am on mobile because I’m working right now. My hands are shaky and I’m tired af plus if this was on the computer system here, well let’s just say they can see what you’ve been up to if they want. I’d get fired immediately.

You should put Tech N9ne or Krizz Kaliko

No reason to.

I remember Chef looking old and disheveled in that scene. Maybe Branch used to live outside troll city.

More disco music. Putting Donna Summer in the movie took me back to my days of roller disco.

SOUNDTRACK FOR TROLLS 2
Here’s the rumors guys. Can’t confirm 100% so don’t be expecting all of these, but this is the soundtrack. Remember they only use little snippets of songs sometimes so there’s that. Heard they might use chop suey! too but that’s most likely bullishit.
Honestly though, I heard it was a nightmare.
Pic related

How is it not significant? Thought Sup Forums liked age gap relationships.
Chef was old at the beginning of the movie and the scene took place in the at Troll Tree.

I don't agree

fuck off

Honestly, I loved the first movie so I'm glad there's a sequel happening. Is Cooper in it?

Can't be as good as this.

youtube.com/watch?v=2lJqHm5ug4g

I liked how the first movie had Gorillaz

>expecting literally who to be in a mainstream movie
Funnily enough, it’s thank to that why The Killers decided to be in 2, and what better way to sneak in the Killers than “Can’t Help Falling in Love”. Honestly it’s the best damned thing because at first it’s just the characters singing and then they join in it’s the best.

Guess not a lot of people are going to see those spoilers, this thread is dead af. Taking drawing requests.

I wasn't expecting to enjoy the movie as much as I did, but the soft felt-like scenery fucking made the movie for me, and the overall tone of the movie was pretty damn fun. I'm kind of tempted to get the artbook

Draw Poppy shoving food in DJ Suki's mouth

draw those cute twins

A sullen Branch dressed up like one of those goofy Stone Protectors from the 90s.

I second this

I've been meaning to rewatch this movie, I remember it being really fun to watch, although I went in with low expectations which probably added to the experience.

That’s really dumb, user, but at I did it for the Star vs reference

Some of the songs fucking sucks though.

better Smurf movie than any of the Sony's Smurf movies.

This is amazing guys

>not going the superior route and requesting the cast as Battle Trolls

Ok I’m drunk af now so I can’t draw more but if you guys make a thread on Friday or the weekend I’ll come take requests again

Draw Bridget reverse unbirthing Poppy

Make a Trolls 2 thread on Friday (preferably 1-3 pm) and I promise I’ll be there I’m just hammered out if my fucking mind rn

what are you on m8? sleeping would be a good idea.

I drank like 3 beers and on my forthand this thread gives me joy because I finally have a reason to believe my work is getting fucking noticed. You know how hard it is to be a fucking story boarder who gets no recognition? It’s hard man. I should just spoil the whole movie for everyone because jesus dude, fuck the producers too I have major fucking beed with them. Also Broppy is canceled af so far in production so I’m fucking mad there’s no point in even working for this company anymore.

Much appreciated.

>reverse unbirthing
Isn't that just regular birth? Or shitting?

DO YOU REMEMBER

whats your beef with the producers?
also do you have any other proof of being a storyboarder, coz your art looks like shit

this

What would happen if I cut their hair?
Would I get two bitches at the one slice?]

Not to defend him, but look at the time frame between those drawings. Storyboarders are supposed to draw fast, not good. Just saying.

>Can't Stop by RHCP
Alright, this is a surprise.