Inhumans

>Pic related is somehow not the worst thing Marvel did with the Inhumans on TV
How did they fuck up Inhumans so bad, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Slicing_Talons
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because the show was created thinking the brand name was enough, that it would be popular regardless if any effort was put into it. Not to mention the fact that the Inhumans themselves kind of suck. One of Jack Kirby's weaker creations

>Meg's super amazing ability to grow her finger nails.

>include 5-year old obscure character that literally no one cares about
>character in the comics is literally just a wall
>decide he needs a face
>realize you wasted all your budget on a dog and 5 minutes of hair
>this is what you turn into your boss
How the fuck did this actually get put on TV?

>Sup Forums calls this "the best TV series ever"

When the fuck has Sup Forums said that?

But she's not an inhuman? She's just some crazy chick that attached blades to her fingers and used it them to kill some people.

>He never saw a AoS thread

WAIT.

WAIT A FUCKING MINUTE.

Are you telling me that not only is Eldrac in the show, but THAT'S what he looks like? What the fuck is wrong with them?!

That's not an inhuman.

Is this woman the Marvel equivalent of The Carpenter? A villain who comes up with an incredibly dumb idea for a gimmick but never quite realizes how fucking stupid it is?

It only gets good during the final episode of season 2.
Op was still during the dark age.

The only shows that have ever been referred to as "the best TV series ever" are:
>Babylon 5
>The Wire
>Daredevil (and that post was sarcasm)

I think she works being part of The Wonderland Gang, not a standalone

this

If the comics didnt sell, why would the show. Inhumans are garbage all the way around

Yeah, and it's honestly even worse than that looks, it's just the only screenshot I could find. He's not a big head for a wall or anything. He's a normal sized head in the middle of a normal sized wall. It's fucking garbage.

The show is pretty shit in general, and the plot goes absolutely nowhere. But I don't know how the fuck something like that gets approval, regardless of how mediocre the story is.

Nah man, the last third of season 1 was good, and Season 2 was just a mixed bag all around. Some episodes were bad, some were good, and it varied a lot. Seasons 3 and 4 are pretty consistently good though.

I don't understand why this particular episode is always touted out as "the worst thing in the MCU" or whatever. The episode was fine. Better than a lot of the season 1 episodes and better than some of the season 2 episodes also. Yeah, razor-blade finger chick is a joke, but she was even a joke in the episode itself. The point was that Zabo was putting together a team of Z-list villains, so pickings were slim.

Nigger, I watch AoS, and I go in those threads. No one says it's the best show ever. Literally zero people. And it's universally agreed that finger-razors was the lowpoint of the whole series.

They took a character with HEARING powers and gave her HEALING powers instead. It's like the people working on the show were given a dossier of inhuman characters to use, they skimmed through it once, and then were going off of what little they remembered when making the show.

You know the rules. If one person on Sup Forums says it than that is what all of Sup Forums says, especially if someone has proof that that one person said it so therefore all of Sup Forums says it. It's just fact.

>it's universally agreed that finger-razors was the lowpoint of the whole series.
Is it? Because I remember people enjoying the episode when it aired. Zabo was a fun character in it and Angar was one of the first genuinely super-powered villains from the comics we got. It wasn't some notably great episode or anything, but it wasn't really any worse than most of the more mediocre season 2 episodes.

The monster of the week shit in first ~9 episodes of season 1 is way worse.

Looking through the archives, I can't find any instance of anyone saying it. A handful of "best currently airing capeshit on TV" and those comments were made after Flash and Arrow had both gone down the shitter and Legion hadn't aired yet so there really wasn't any competition.

More like someone gets an incredibly shitty power that for some reason gets her locked up for a life of house arrest, the most likely reason being because Hydra was really SHIELD at that point and they thought it was funny. Then some guy named Hyde hopped up on his own goofjuice decides to create his own super misfit team to rub it in Coulson's face that SHIELD is imprisoning people who don't deserve it. There's maybe one or two actual threats in his team but she was always a pure joke. Even the episode never took her seriously which honestly was a bit breaking of their narrative that some of these people are too pathetic for a super power registry list and full incarceration.

>The monster of the week shit in first ~9 episodes of season 1 is way worse.
Fair enough - I honestly tend to forget those episodes existed. I think the finger-knives era of season 2 is the low point of the post-TWS show. Because honestly, the show that existed before TWS just wasn't the same show at all.

Did you not read her issue? She builds lairs for all of Gotham's villains, that's a great gimmick

My favorite part of Inhumans is when they do the "look how wild and free I am lets take our clothes off and swim" with 2 different characters 2 episodes in a row. Also we are somehow supposed to root for rich assholes who act like snobs and enforce a brutal caste system based on random mutations.

Like you said, she was just under house arrest. That kinda shows how much of a threat she was considered even in-universe. What was the rest of the team? I only remember Hyde, Angar, and her. There was some nerdy guy with glasses but I don't remember what his power/schtick was.

Holy shit, I don't know the Inhumans well, so I didn't catch that. How did that happen?

Sure, I'll give you that. I don't think this exact episode is the lowest point of that period, but this definitely fell in that mid-season 2 lul where there was more bad/mediocre episodes than good.

That was so fucking bad. For a second I had to check and make sure I wasn't just rewatching the same episode all over again. Karnak autistically being scared of the ocean was pretty funny at least.

Also, do people who live near the beach really swim in their jeans? That seems awful.

marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Slicing_Talons

Pretty sure she was never a legit threat that needed put on the index but Hydra didn't give a shit.

She's just part of the super villain service industry. It's niche but a necessary one. It's best when she stays in that comfort zone and she clearly realized it at least that one time.

Auran in the comics' power is that she can focus on a word or phrase and hear where it's being said anywhere in the world. She uses it to be a detective. An example is that one time she was trying to find Black Bolt after he'd disappeared, but "Black Bolt" was being said enough different places that it wouldn't have been any good to track the people saying that. Instead, she focused on "Maximus," who also disappeared but no one was talking about because they were all too focused on Black Bolt. This led her to hearing a couple girls talking to Maximus at a bar, so she then tracked Maximus back to his hotel from the bar where he had Black Bolt under his control.

In the show, she's budget wolverine.

Also, in the comics she's a hero and in the show she's Maximus' enforcer. Also in the comics, she's yellow and has giant ears. In the show, she's just some regular looking chick. The whole things a fucking joke.

Oh I'm sure someone did, and legitimately instead of the usual paid shill who aren't just memethological beings but really are mostly paid just to start threads for shows as basic promotion efforts. Feels more like company war trolling instead of actual company war shilling.

That said, I suspect today this is a response to the multitude of "DC IS FINISHED" threads posting about the Supergirl writer who was fired for harassment.

Carpenter is cute shut the fuck up

The Wire is my personal favorite, but it's not even the best HBO show

Technically not random. Inhumans' powers are based on what society "needs." If they start having a drought, someone might get water powers. More recently, they needed a power source for their airship, so someone was turned into a living engine.

In AoS, Lincoln mentions that that's the case, so that's still the case in the MCU just like the comics. Hive got hivemind powers because they needed someone to help them unite against the kree. Lash became an anti-inhuman weapon because they needed someone to stop Hive and curb the sudden influx of inhumans.

Of course, it's impossible to know if any of the people working on the inhumans show actually knew this considering how fucking slapdash that trash is. But in regards to the caste system, it basically means that the coin-flip of powers is pretty much just an illusion. There's the appearance of randomness so you go in thinking that maybe you'll go to the mines but maybe you'll get amazingly cool super-powers instead, but you were always going to be whatever you were always going to be. It's like rolling a weighted dice. You think it could be anything from 1-6, but it was always going to turn out to be a 3.

>carpenter
>villain
Yeah, I guess Night Nurse is a superhero.

There was more than one Night Nurse. If you got enough Night Nurses together you could form a Night Hospital.

But user, they did exactly that.

When? This is news to me.

I've never read the comics so I was just going off the show. Are the crystals/mist intelligent? or is it old alien tech or something?