Nearly a week left

>nearly a week left
What's the best and worst that could happen when this comes out? Is there anything you're hoping for?

I'm hyped.

Me too. Its going to be so shit its amazing

>Best
Rorschach and and Red Hood ongoing.

>Worst
Lex becomes a villain.

I'm hoping it crashes and burns and cements the idea in DC's mind that Watchmen isn't profitable anymore so they stop raping it.

I don't mind whatever happens. I just read comics to enjoy whatever the story is unlike most autists on this board
>hur HURRRR it ruins everything that watchmen was!!!!!
Nope. Story still exists on its own. You don't have to include this being canon if you don't want to.

>Its going to be so shit its amazing
I'm hoping it's actually decent.

>Rorschach and and Red Hood ongoing.
Why would you ever want such a thing?

>MUH SCARE COW

Johns is retarded and there's a million cooler things to actually incorporate into the greater DCU but he hasn't read anything but mainstream superhero shit
I'm honestly surprised he's read Watchmen at all

Best case scenario: Manhattan is a generic godlike villain that complains about flaws. Superman talks to him and ba bla bla, there's hope in mankind. Just gotta have faith. And then he goes away in a giant blue flash. Everything goes back to normal. We can put this abomination behind us.

Worst case: It ends with some kind of Flashpoint 3.0 that brings the mainline continuity more in line with the movies.

But I miss villain Lex.

HYPERTIME AND HYPER CRISIS ARE ARE AREADY A THING SO there won't be a Flashpoint 3.0

>Worst case: It ends with some kind of Flashpoint 3.0 that brings the mainline continuity more in line with the movies
What on fucking Earth would make you think this is possible?

Because, one of them will be unwillingly forced into the role of "good cop".

Lobdell is a better writer than Johns in every single way

Because comic book company execs are insane and have no idea what people want.

>read Watchmen as a teenager, still one of my favorite capeshit books of all time
>27 now
>learn about Doomsday Clock, not too excited because it's nuDC
>see the preview with Rorschach
>HYPE
I guess they're targeting autists like me who've wanted stupid fanfic outcomes to Watchmen ever since we were kids, but whatever. It can't be any worse than Before Watchmen.

its not happening with what their pulling in this weeks justice league

How are you people actually hyped for this?
Having Watchmen crossover with mainline DC continuity is absolutely ridiculously. I'm at a loss for words about how stupid it is.
Watchmen is a deconstruction. It's about taking the tropes of a genre and showing how they don't really work without everything falling apart.
Having it crossover seriously with the original material that spawned it is... It's like Che Guevara T-shirts made in an American factory.

I don't really know what to hope for except for Rorschach not to be Walter. It would be interesting if it was actually Dan, Veidt or even Laurie. But then you'd have to justify why they went full Sup Forums which could be tricky.

Who gives a fuck dude? Don't read it then.

Wouldn't this make it a PERFECT time for a synergy between comics and movies?
In the perfect scenario, people go to Justice League, love it, then go read the comics, which are just like the movie now!

Would you have felt the same way if Moore had used the Charlton characters like he was originally going to?

>Manhattan now has a long grey beard.
You know it's going to happen.

BEST Case:
>Rorschach in the 90's is Dan and Laurie's son, 19ish, operating off the stories he was told growing up, seeing the world always needs a Questio-a Rorschach.
>Manhattan is Blah blah "but flaws" Supes is "blah blah but hope" but SHAZAM OUTTA NOWHERE is "blah blah FAITH" maybe a fight Manhattan vs Source
>Manhattan repairs the Source with Himself, reveals the Nu52 was a test, straining the hope of time and space in preparation for The Gentry. HYPERCRISIS
>Rorschach 90's ongoing (essentially The Question)

Worst:
>The politics addressed in the 90's portion are hamfisted and leftist ONLY
>The Nu52 was "just an experiment just because"
>Manhattan is actually defeated by heroes
>Rorschach in the 90's is Ozy with a brain tumor experiencing a psychotic break

everyone's talking about the character interactions but really if i'm going to be honest

i just want to see rorschach get his ass handed to him by the joker. really, really get his ass handed to him in the most humiliating, cruel way possible to make him realize that he's hopelessly out of his depth.

they cant.

in this week's justice league Cyborg gets this huge upgrade that allows him to connect to multiverse's better, he is able to see the origins of the evil batmen we saw in the one shots. But the big thing is Cyborg can travel HYPER TIME now(they specifically call it this) and it is the most cool spread ever showing all star superman,wolfman teen titans,new 52 superman,various other comics and it leads into Morrison's wild hunt one shot

>MUH Sacare COW it hurts so much

>Rorschach in the 90's is Dan and Laurie's son, 19ish, operating off the stories he was told growing up, seeing the world always needs a Questio-a Rorschach.
this is complete fanfic tier garbage and in no way better than
>Rorschach in the 90's is Ozy with a brain tumor experiencing a psychotic break
at the very least you could say that ozy is driven by some sort of remorse for what he'd done in the 80s. that's more bearable than him being nuts or dan and laurie giving both to a /r9k/ Sup Forums hybrid.

If you're going to go full retard, go the whole nine yards.

I'm OK with this

Unlimited assblasted anons and DC dominating sales for another year. It will be glorious.

>Rorschach in the 90's is Dan and Laurie's son, 19ish
If Watchmen takes place in 85 and both Laurie and Dan were to have a kid in saaaay 1986, and this story takes place in Watchmen 90's then their kid can't be younger than 4 or older than 13.

Also don't condemn poor Dan to this shit, let him have a happy ending, I'm honestly hoping he doesn't even appear in this event, he's not exactly people's fav so let him rest.

likewise, that deluxe oversize hardcover they eventually release is gonna look pretty neat on my bookshelf

Man Lex's suit is the fucking height of /fa/

>he's not exactly people's fav so let him rest.
Correction: he's people's fav but only when he's paired with Rorschach. Or fucking him.

Doomsday Clock is almost definitely going to be a meta story about how Watchmen affected comics and the DCU

>Deconstruction

Every time I read this word my brain just tunes out whatever else you have to say.

I can't wait for Johns to blame a book that came out in the 80s for him writing shitty edgy comics

How exactly will this even work from a narrative standpoint? Are they going to say that Manhattan created the DCU or started the New 52 because he was bored and wanted to model his pet universe after his original one? Because that's the dumbest shit ever if it's true.

Watchmen isn't even really grimdark. Snyder's movie is for sure, but people like Johns seem to forget the comic had a great many emotional, sweet and even funny moments too. It wasn't like it was cynical and edgy 99% of the time.

It's going to suck, but the sooner we get it out of the way, the better.

Well we don't know, we have to wait and see.

I'm not exactly expecting Johns to make something really poignant, but I'm willing to give it a chance and see what he has to say.

I'm predicting Doc will be used as a strawman for ideas of cynicism, people who want simpler continuity and more "realistic" superheroes and moral ambiguity, etc. which of course is not what Watchmen was actually advocating, but to be fair that's what a lot of people have stupidly taken away from it.

I don't think it has anything to do with "edge", Kingdom Come was the anti-edge statement. I think the point here will be that the DCU should embrace its huge history and the optimism and hope that superheroes represent.

This.

Doc just wants to be left alone, but knows that his story, his actions, words and others, have inspired dark times upon hundreds of different worlds. He wants to fix that, he wants to stop being used as an example of something he never intended to be. All it takes to beat him... is not a fist, but a couple of words.

I hope Question, Captain Atom, and Blue Beetle are important players in this story.

>Worst Case Scenario
It turns out to be the real Rorschach.
Rorschach is fan-wanked into the ultimate badass, on par with Batman and The Question.
Night Owl and Silk Spectre have a kid and she gets pushed as a member of the Teen Titans.
Comedian returns and he beats up a character that could kick his ass in any other comic
Adrian gets done in by The Joker
Swamp Thing and John Constantine show up just because.
A nameless hobo with a really long beard gets murdered in a recreation of the squid bomb from the original Watchmen.
Rorschach gets a red lantern ring.

HA good luck with that

>It turns out to be the real Rorschach.
It probably will be if it's not one of the surviving Crimebusters.

>Rorschach is fan-wanked into the ultimate badass, on par with Batman and The Question.
>The Question on the same ultimate badass level as Batman
lmao

>Night Owl and Silk Spectre have a kid and she gets pushed as a member of the Teen Titans.
Nah. I'm starting to get the nagging feeling that they won't have a child because their relationship fell apart for some as-of-now unknown reason.

>Comedian returns and he beats up a character that could kick his ass in any other comic
Would be hilarious if this happened.

>Adrian gets done in by The Joker
This too.

>Swamp Thing and John Constantine show up just because.
This will probably for real happen though.

>A nameless hobo with a really long beard gets murdered in a recreation of the squid bomb from the original Watchmen.
They already referenced Trump in the preview, they will for sure reference Moore in some passive aggressive capacity.

>Rorschach gets a red lantern ring.
Sup Forums would be a mess for days if this happened so I support this too.

>Rorschach gets a red lantern ring.
>not a blue one
People seem to forget this part of his characterr very often.

Best case scenario: It's not absolute gutter trash.

Worst case scenario: It's exactly what we (shills aside) expect it to be.

>rorschach is fan-wanked into being on par with the question
But.... he and the Question are on the same level.

Hey, Geoff. That doesn't sound half bad.

They amp up the power levels of the Minutemen or give them insanely high heavy duty plot armor to make this crossover work when them being mostly shit at being superheroes was the point of Watchmen.

I'm hyped for the inevitable picture of Moore setting fire to an issue of Doomsday clock.

>nearly a week left

But isn't this out in februry?

>best
it's an atypical Geoff Johns comic
>worst
it's a typical Geoff Johns comic

No? It comes out on the 22nd.

>try to sound old
>only 27
Cute

>What's the best
It doesn't suck. Gary Frank's art.

>worst that could happen when this comes out?
All Watchmen with super powers, Superlex will never come back, Watchmen are actually conceivable threats or equals to DC counterparts,

And it's gonna be Red Hood...

Considering the quality of the preview, it looks like it's already going to be a worst case scenario. Having Watchmen crossing over with the DC universe was always a retarded idea, having Johns write it just cemented it as such.

>in this week's justice league Cyborg gets this huge upgrade that allows him to connect to multiverse's better, he is able to see the origins of the evil batmen we saw in the one shots. But the big thing is Cyborg can travel HYPER TIME now(they specifically call it this) and it is the most cool spread ever showing all star superman,wolfman teen titans,new 52 superman,various other comics and it leads into Morrison's wild hunt one shot

Wait a fucking second, where did you get this? Is there a preview out?

Best: Superman and Manhattan have a nice, interesting, relevant, philosophical talk about the state of the DCU and humanity. Whatever happens, I want every character to remember Pre-Flashpoint continuity and history. Not that they suddenly age, but that they are aware of it, and reference it in a way that is relevant to their purpose and actions.

Worst: It's a watchmen sequel and takes place in the watchmen universe, including characters like Ozymandias, Rorschach,and tries to explain what happened next in that story..... which it seems is exactly what the dumb fucks are doing.

>Rorschach and deathstroke

I think only captain atom

What would happen if Rorschach and Batman met? Would they get along or keep fighting over having different methods? Would Batman try to take Rorschach down? Would Rorschach start being more considerate after seeing Batman's point of view? Would they come to be allies?

spoilers but there is a preview

The important question is : would batman try to take down the entire watchmen universe? or try to take down dr manhattan? and if he did because i'm le batman xDxdXd ?

>It's like Che Guevara T-shirts made in an American factory.

how absurd. Everyone knows they are made in southeast Asian sweatshops.

>best case
We get the best Superman story about why humanity needs to have hope for itself and others
>worst case
The watchman universe is shittly merged with the dcu

Manhatten becomes the Blue Lantern power entity battery, either him or Clark.

Batman would ultimately see Rorschach for what he is, a trauma victim shaped by a lifetime of horrors, and pity him while being disgusted with his actions while Rorschach would in turn act as the avatar for all antiBatfags by finding Batman's methods and philosophy ineffectual and unnecessarily self-righteous. If they worked together it wouldn't be for long and they'd probably end up turning on each other.

Best case scenario: Batman tries to put Rorschach in Arkham, Rorschach gets called out on his shit and grows as a character.

Worst case: They're both somehow on equal ground fighting-wise, Rorschach is scaled down to basically be Batman 2.0 for the kiddies/censors/idiots that have never read Watchmen so he and Batman never have a clash in ideologies to begin with.

user because I'm batman isn't even a thing anymore ....... Bruce has a demon behind him thats responsible for his prep time and plot amour

>best
Domsday clock is a tie in to HYPERCRISIS
>Worst
It's broing and shit

God I hope it's not the actually Rorschach. Nothing will make me drop this book faster than them butchering his character like that.

How pleased is he with how things are progressing?

Johns has turned into the dark monitor.

>it's Dan as Rorschach because his life has gone to shit and he's lost everything and this is how he copes
>it's Laurie because she expressed interest in becoming a more Comedian-like superhero at the end of the GN but for whatever reason chooses to take up Rorschach's mantle
>it's Ozy because he feels incredible remorse for making the world worse and he has a brain tumor so he won't have much time to live anyway and like Rorschach he probably wants to die by this point
>it's the real Rorschach who Manhattan recreated from scratch but there will be something wrong with him because he's an imperfect recreation and by the end he'll go back to being dead
It'll be one of these for sure. I can't seee it being an entirely new character.

Sorry, meant to quote

The last one actually sounds like a decent way for it to be the "real" Rorschach.

Bonus points if Jon created him to have none of the original Rorschach's baggage as his way of trying to "help" him, then "Rorschach" finds out the truth and loses it again.
>character is given false hope in a story about hope and optimism, falling in despair when he discovers everything he believed in was a lie
Ultimate pottery.

>people go to Justice League, love it
there's your problem right there, not gonna happen, buster

You know, I'd be ok with that.

Or if they go and make this or the "I can't let you do that...without some help" edit Rorschach's new memories.

So only Sup Forums is rorschach ?