What's up with him?

considering that everyone hates e-celeb channels, let's try to focus on his cartoon "career"

are his cartoons supposed to be funny? I've never laughed at them
even the hellbenders and finebros ones

is it the technical prowess of his animation? I mean, they're fluid, but he doesn't really make anything really pleasing to the eye

he doesn't even regularly make that shitty podcast. last one was like 2 months ago

what is it that makes him nearly 2 grand a month on patreon?

Funny posts on Twitter

I would do the same shit if I was him.

>what is it that makes him nearly 2 grand a month on patreon?
idk but I'd do the same thing if I was him

I think he streams on twitch and that's where most of his fans congregate. I could be entirely wrong though, and he hasn't streamed in like half a year for all I know

He's funny on Sleepycabin which makes me wonder why that isn't the case with his cartoons. They're all just characters making stupid faces and mispronouncing words instead of telling actual jokes.

his voice. that's it. that's all people like about him. he has a deviated septum but decided against getting surgery to fix it because it would fix his voice too.

But wouldn't his deviated septum be more like a minor obstacle to potential new viewers

>He's funny on Sleepycabin
when? he's mostly being edgy & screaming
he's like Rick & Morty. no wonder he gets along with Roiland so much

That's Spazkid more than anything who also has some of the most retarded opinions ever. Only issue I had with him on there were all the being molested by my uncle jokes.

doesn't he write for jontron?

>what is it that makes him nearly 2 grand a month on patreon
Just outed yourself as a butthurt small fry. Congratulations, you're trying to be come popular in an over saturated industry. Welcome to the club.

>not liking spazkid

Corey is pure, unfiltered autism of the highest degree and I damn near piss myself listening to the stupid shit that comes out of his mouth

>that entire green M&M conversation

You're telling me you didn't laugh once?

I heard he's making something for Adult Swim with Justin Roiland & Michael Cussak, is this true Sup Forums?

Probably.

Any context to this image?

what exactly is the premise for this show?

I started supporting him on Patreon after he'd released a few eps of the podcast and had been releasing or at least teasing a lot of other stuff, because the fraction of Hellbenders that I could tell was more his than Oney's really lines up with my sense of humor, and because I find his recent anti-humor releases creep the fuck out of me and I really enjoy that for some reason? He's not pandering to any memes (in the true definition or otherwise), and he seems genuine in what we likes and wants to make. Animation is a long-production/short-output medium, and I think most internet assholes have forgotten that that sort of shit even exists or is worth supporting, so most of my patreon people are animators.

On the other hand, if he doesn't release something substantial soon, I'll probs pull my support. I gave him a lot of good will because he'd been stuck behind the Hellbenders development hell curtain for so long, but he's now just starting to lose that good will again.

Seriously, where tf is Hellbenders? It was due in early 2016 and that rough cut was leaked back in March. Like how long does it take???

There was a falling out between Pebbles and Oney it's never going to happen now.

I guess it seems weird to people that haven't had to sell to networks, but they sold over the rights to Adult Swim, and Adult Swim has shelved the project. It probably doesn't help that he and Oney had a falling out (it probably only further complicates whatever rights agreements they've made, in fact), but if Adult Swim wanted to move forward on the show, they probably could have with or without both of them remaining on board.

>chris and zach have a falling out
where do you guys even get that?

Rights agreements aside I just figured without them Adult Swim probably doesn't want to go through with it considering it's about cartoon representations of Chris and Zack voiced by themselves. Whoever is running AS probably realizes the outcry it would cause to go through with it without any of their involvement whatsoever and would rather just can it in favor of something they already got or some other upcoming show.

I think it's mostly inference. They stopped following each other on twitter and never mention each other. The twitter thing was "coincidentally" around the time when Zach was getting caught up in the big political shitstorm leading up to and following the 2016 election. Adding to that, the stress of trying to pitch Hellbenders probably hurt their friendship.

>mostly inference
yeah I guess so
but man, zach talking about politics during streams got really grating after a while

jesus christ i can't believe fucking gremblo is getting a show

he had a mental breakdown after the next hellbenders episode got leaked

>claims drawing in a cartoon style is far more difficult than realism

is he right

its obvious. you don't go from good friends to not acknowledging eachothers existence without something happening

what exactly was the premise for Hellbenders?

Yes and no
Realism takes a lot if time and technique learning to get right, but once you understand the base work you can do it, and It'll impress people more due to it having a higher bar of quality in the public eye. there's q specific way it's supposed to look so it's easier to judge objectively if realism was successful.

Cartooning can take just as long technique learning wise to get good but a good cartoonist has enough shortcuts to make something quickly and efficiently. Different things are being tested but there's still a lot of effort, both past and present, needed to get it right.
Unfortunately cartooning has a "lower" bar in the public eye due to more people being able to make something without knowing all the techniques and such. Compare a Benthelooney to a Herny and you can clearly see the difference between a cartoonist who knows what they're doing and have perfected their craft and someone getting by on doodles and MUH STYLE.

Basically, realism and cartooning are both artistic fields that take effort and technique to work properly, but cartooning is generally not as respected due to it being more up to interpretation and because an individual figure can be done quicker.

Oney confirmed on an Oneyplays stream that he’s still cool with Zach.

don't care about being popular, just trying to understand the appeal
if they're really putting their money on this, it'll probably take a decade or so, given how long it takes for shows to get greenlit

>He's not pandering to any memes
is this such a huge virtue?

zach is a fucking patreon jew sucking money out of his fans

That was the point. Zach got his retarded fans on twitter spread out this forced meme to advertise for the show. It's like what Dan Harmon did when he bragged about posting Rick and Morty memes on Sup Forums

there we go I fixed it

if his patreon supporters are dumb enough to not be able to see through his shit, then they deserve to get conned. not that Zach deserves the money, though.

I only listen to sleepycast when drive I back home from Uni, I have had to pull over more than once to take a breath thanks to Corey.

Who is this person again? Does he use that image for his YT channel 'cause i'm sure I've seen it on there before.

Psychicpebbles

Ah yeah thanks man, he does those animated cabin podcast things, right? I watched his H3 one, or a bit of it, I kind of like that grotesque style he uses for that.
Knew I'd seen it somewhere but thanks again user

Pretty sure this was just a photoshop on twitter

any details on this?

I have friends who I don't follow on twitter cause they act like morons there... Social media isnt the end all be all of social interactions

none. I doubt it'll even get picked up

>are his cartoons supposed to be funny? I've never laughed at them

Come on, OP, you don't really need to be told that comedy is subjective. Zach is not the first comedy writer you've come across whose style you don't see the appeal in, so don't act like this is some new experience for you.