Generator Rex

Ok time the fuck out. What the hell was this cartoon actually trying to do?
Was this secretly a Resident Evil cartoon? a FEAR cartoon? a creepypasta paranormal apocalypse cartoon?

IS THAT A 6-legged PINK ZOMBIE BUNNY NOMMING ON A CABBAGE?

It was trying to be the last action cartoon holdout on Cartoon Network other than the Clone Wars.

This show was cool.

They had major plans for that show; a big order of guaranteed episodes, crossover special, toys, and even plans for clothing and films. It even had great ratings.

Then it got screwed over by shifts in executive priorities along the rest of the Friday night lineup and the ratings never recovered from unannounced, random breaks in the schedule.

What a shame.

>Got interested in crossover user mentioned
>Its with Ultimate Alien
Yea I'll pass.
But yea quickest way to kill a show is unannounced breaks and changing its time slots. Friday nights suck now.

Why were rabbits so overpowered in this cartoon? Are rabbits Rex's kryptonite?

Nanomachines son.

I watched all of this show (even the last stretch of episodes that aired at 6am) and I barely remember anything from it. I do remember that Rex's older brother was evil but then he wasn't, he just happened to be a kinda-neutral sociopath.

Black Knight wasn't nearly as cool as the first major antagonist, who I don't remember the name of.

What was Agent Smith from The Matrix doing in this cartoon?

ben has nanites now

nope omniverse ignores that

van kleiss

literally scooby-doo ending (rich greedy guys in costumes are behind it).

I kinda like the fact that they fucked over Agent 6 and he stayed fucked up for the rest of the series.

Why do 4chaners struggle with category names that they have to use other title names of other series to make subjective associations?

The medium is a cartoon animation.
The format is episodic.
The genres include: Scifi, Comedy-drama, and Action.
The setting is mainly urban.
It makes use of nanite mutations as a body horror trope.

this show had a lot of great waifus and character designs. it was better than Ben 10 where it counted.

But this was actually a good interpretation of Ben.

Is it returning a possibility?

Young Justice is getting it's Season 3 on Netflix could Generator Rex get the same treatment?

Doubtful.

Not unless they let Man of Action take the saddle again. And since they're apparently stuck on the reboot Ben 10 or whatever, who knows if they'd be allowed to do anything for the foreseeable future.

>unannounced, random breaks in the schedule.

I still remember that bullshit
>on cartoon website
>randomly click on it since I had nothing else to watch that day
>find out they had the like last 10 episodes of the series up for quite some time
>watch them all at once
>this was around march or may (some M month)
>New years week the last like 4 or 5 episodes (they skipped episodes not directly tied to the finale so technically the whole show didnt air) came on early as in the morning
>they had the episodes but never aired them for about 8 months and when they did it was at a time most people were asleep

Reminds of when Cartoon Network aired the last season of YuYu Hakusho at 4 fucking am, I wasnt mad because I downloaded it all years before that using some shitty real player files but was still shocked at that level of bullshit. This was like the first time I saw such shitty scheduling though so now Im not all surprised when seeing stuff like this happen

They did that shit with IGPX, and Sym-Bionic Titan. Both just got suddenly pushed from their initial timeslots with a small notice, and then dumped to Saturday mornings to wrap up with next to no notice.

from what I remember of van kleiss he had an amazing design and gave of vincent vibes (Cowboy Bebop)

its the jewish network owners user. All good shows are subject to this treatment, tron, SBT, IGPX, wander over yonder. They'll gain something if they deprive us of good shows.

i meant the consortium (the ones behind providence and the nanite project) are the scooby-doo villains.

van kleiss is cool but all the cryptic reveal teases on his part grew old fast.

There's some meme potential with this image

Could easily crop out Rex into a transparent background and then he could be tacked onto any picture you want.

That was technically Beware the Batman before the purge. Probably the newest Transformers cartoon after the purge.

Fuck, how could I forget Justice League Action?

Too bad they dropped the ball in the finale, the designs for the Nanite!Consortium were lame as fuck. And they fucked up Breach's character development just to have a sequel hook for a sequel that will never happen.

Not a fan of budget celestials?

Nope.

Man of Action isn't involved in the Ben 10 reboot, they're just credited as the creators. Same thing with all the Ben 10 series except the original.

Right now they're working on Zak Storm and the new Mega Man.

Anyone here remember the Omniverse 6am burnout they did for the last episodes?

Generator Rex> Ben 10

IGPX was shit

It would make a great 2 hour movie if you keep the Van Kleiss chaff and cut the wheat

Not sure if I ever saw IGPX outside of Toonami, did it really get its schedule shunted?

When did this show become Risk of Rain?

Around a year before RoR was released?

Yes
They were kinda comfy but fuck Cartoon Network and their scheduling

Was this a monty python and the holy grail reference?

Bland corporate personality deserve bland designs.

Jesus, that's a cool design, how come I've never seen rule34 of handsy there

Because no one cared to make much.

Breach wanted the mechanical D, didn't she?

She wasn't the only one.

Breach was best girl, though.

Final Fantasy XII.webm

>he doesn't know that rabbits are the real apex predator

>The entire series is still on my SSD, unwatched

I remember really liking the mooks from this show.

Check that shit out, man. It's definitely worth watching if you enjoy 2000's action cartoons.

Also, why is it on your SSD, you mong?

The mook life is a hard one.

such a shame
kek

Says you

I love grunt troops. Can we just talk about how great disposable troops are? Some of my favorites where the gas mask guys from Atlantis: the Lost Empire and the HECU Marines from Half-Life.

Rex had all kinds of monster chicks in his harem
>handjobs
>blowjobs
>footjobs

All but one, his Holy Grail (until the mouth chick)

Tentacle jobs.

Maybe compared to AUF, but I'd say Omniverse was on par with Rex's show. Still, it was great to see how they got ahold of Ben again and made him far more enjoyable than he ever had been in AUF. Sucks we never got the proper followup crossover. Wanted to see what Ben would have had to do if Alpha tried infecting his world with nanites.

I think this show would have been infinitely better if they got rid of the cartoonishly huge weapons and hands. And made Rex just be able to access nanites and that's it.

It's a biopunk cartoon.

>Was this secretly a Resident Evil cartoon?
It had that vibe a lot, wish there was more like that

Because CN wants you to forget.

I'm honestly surprised Capcom never commissioned a studio to make an RE anime. I mean sure, they had those god awful live action films, and the so-so CGI ones, but you'd think the constant success of the series would have driven them to make a show to either act as a companion piece or just promote each new game as they came out. Hell, it's funny how they only recently made a manga that's official to the canon unlike the comics that were here and there in terms of faithfulness.

The mook truly is the greatest hero of all.

>legs
wwwwwew

Man, that episode was pretty fucking crazy. Rex just fucking piledrives Van Kleiss through an entire building, and the nigga still manages to walk it off. Then again, he was literally cut in half in the pilot. Though that was something I found kind of strange later on, VK seemed to be practically immortal in the start, and then later couldn't use those powers nearly as much.

Well he did need a steady supply of nanites to function like that. His home turf was crawling with them.

The Ben10/Rex crossover made lil me cream my fucking johns

What are examples of this "biopunk"?

And then he got a completely different set of powers after he'd died and was resurrected