Whats it like to be a Sup Forums fan outside of the US? Is CN and other channels different in certain ways...

Whats it like to be a Sup Forums fan outside of the US? Is CN and other channels different in certain ways? Are there things more popular there then in the US? Does it take longer for comics to come out there? What about merch?

I just download and have a small pull list from the central LCS. Plus the odd Omni or HC.

>t. PAY DENBTS Lander

Venezuelan expat here. It was weird, homestuck was actually way more popular than any CN show at the time. Since cyber cafe's were more prevalent cause of the rarity of having a home computer, more kids would just hang out and basically shitpost as a group activity. If you knew english, you were the cool kid who could translate shit for people when they werent just playing half life 1 mods. So, yeah, there's a lot of love for webcomics and webcartoons there.

We also used to have nice comic conventions since we had french alliances there who'd sell a bunch of franco belgian comics, on top of a couple of locally made comics, there was a decent little compilation magazine for them. There was one for Dr Knoche, our local legend of a real life doctor who mummified people, and a bunch of horror comics based on it.

Shame about the human harvesting gangsters, expropriation squads, and protester mobs.

>Dr Knoche
Isnt he the guy that dug up a pateint who died that he fell in love with, and fucked the corpse for years?

EMBALMED
PUSSY

How does it feel to be europes mexico?

most of the comicbook stores around my place closed with the time so I only buy my comics in garage sales, and there's some delay between US release and France release so I only read the Sup Forums's storytime, but we have Ankama and Lastman here so it's pretty great

The meme's old user; it's past its prime.

Is valarien big over there? Ive only heard about it recently because of the movie. Also, is the smurfs being allegorys for white supremacy common knowledge there too?

It still doesnt mean that poland is anything but a shithole

Tastes align along the same lines as the US here in straya. A lot of capes, with the big name Image titles not far behind. In my city though there's been a growing demand for local creator owned stuff, and anthology titles have been making a steady climb up the charts, Decay and Retro Sci-Fi from DarkOz in particular are pretty good.

But I'm not Polish...

Is mad max more popular there then in the states, is moose the biggest toy manufacturer there, and what did you think of peter jacksons earlier works? Also, are abos shitheads like Sup Forums says or do they keep to themselves

But you said "PAY DENBTS LATER", so are you greek?

>so are you greek
Yup.

How does it feel knowing that youre holding back the rest of europe financially? Whats the refugee crises like. Have any stories of refugees or are they not as bad as Sup Forums says?

Im from Honduras south of Guatemala that is south of México)
Anyway here cable channels didn't became a thing until the late 90s . here anime was never An exotic thing since it was shown in the local channels since the early 80s. We where watching DB GT even before the USA evenknew what dragon ball was.
Conventions have more anime fans that cartoons because of that so you will se maybe 2 Harleyquin cosplay but a bunch of cosplays from the same 70s show.

>How does it feel knowing that youre holding back the rest of europe financially?
Don't believe everything you hear on the news user. If Germany wasn't a greedy fuck,things wouldn't have been so bad. If we weren't neeighbors with Sultan Tagipp who invades our waters every day, things would've have been so bad. If Germany didn'y ship all the refugees to us and Sicily, things would've been different. Central Europe hoards everything and sabotages all the rest.

Manga is more popular here

Another European here:
If I want a TPB in English original language, amazon is the only real possibility.
If I order it at a store, first I have to wait for the monthly shipping from the US.
Next I have to hope that the idiots in the US didn't forget my order (which actually happens a lot and there's nothing the shop can do about it. )
If they did forget it, I have to wait another month.
And finally I have to pay the exchange rate that the store sets.
So while 1 USD is 0,8 EUR, they charge 1 or 1,2 or more, making a 20$ trade 24€ instead of 16€.

>If Germany didn'y ship all the refugees to us and Sicily, things would've been different.
What are they like

The actual refugees are a tiny minoritywho are just trying not to die and are quiet and respectful. The majority are nigs,poos and mudslimes cosplaying as refugees, who kill people inside the camps, steal,complain about the food, block trains, flood the main streets and destroy everything in their path.

Russian here

Our Sup Forums and Sup Forums fandoms are pure cancer and I don't even know where people get non-digital stuff.

In my country,CN play two courage episode in the midninght

>CN and other channels different in certain ways?
Way different. CN in latinamerica has a regular monthly schedule with the series evenly distributed along 24 hours. The same for the rest of cable channels.
CN has been one of the most watched cable channel for decades, the same for other children focused networks who are the kings of cable TV here.
Adult cartoons never made it here, except for the Simpsons which could be aired on a Saturday or Sunday morning.

Fuck you, there were sixty thousand of us (and that’s lowballing it) and the cops here don’t kowtow to liberals. You should pray to your heretic “God” you get to do what we did.

>majority of them kill people
huh?

They kill others inside the camps constantly. Basically mini-turf wars.

Russian here. When I was a kid and lived in a smaller city, there were just a handful comic books sold at newspaper kiosks, mainly Marvel's ultimate line. Some Justice League comic book was published in some magazine, and I remember seeing a TMNT comic book too. Now with the capeshit boom and me moving to a bigger city I can find hardcovers and TPBs in big bookstores, and even some kiosks, but I haven't seen any monthly floppies here.

I'm sorry, what?
They very much shipped themselves to your copious coastline across that pond.
Germany took them off your hands if anything.
And requesting to be paid back for loans is not greedy.
The German credit rating shielded you from massive explosions on your debt from your rubbish ratings.
Now if you fucks would mind wasting our money on military contracts, that would be appreciated.

Ausfag here

>Is CN and other channels different in certain ways?

Yeah, you have to pay for Foxtel to get CN which is like strayan cable I guess and you get a whole bunch of TV channels and can have different packages from that money hungry kike cunt Rupert Murdoch. Costs fucking $30-$60 a month I think. I mainly torrent things or use my sister's Netflix account. There's still a channel here that shows CN's main shows like Gumball, TTG, Regular Show, Adventure Time, Clarence, We Bare Bears, SU, etc., every day after 3pm or so (and original Teen Titans) but the episodes are usually old or repeated to death. Same channel also broadcasts old episodes of some of Adult Swim's cartoons, old Looney Tunes and some of the DCAU movies. Also Batman: The Bold and the Brave, Justice League Unlimited and Young Justice broadcasts every weekend I think.

>Are there things more popular there then in the US?

I've kind of been a NEET for like a year since I left high school so I dunno? I know pretty much no one here likes Gravity Falls or OK KO. SU is also pretty unpopular. When I was still at school a lot of people I knew liked Adventure Time and Regular Show, a lot of my friends and I enjoyed TTG and thought it was funny as fuck despite being 17-18 year olds. A lot of them were adamant about watching it because of the kiddie animation style but we all came around. You don't know how awful free to air TV is here. If you lived here you'd probably be watching TTG in your late teens too you fuck.

>Does it take lonoger for comics to come out there?

Nah not really.

>What about merch?

Merch for pretty much everything, from music to movies to Sup Forums to Sup Forums stuff, is shit in Australia. At least it is in my city. It's full of the most boring unafflicted personality barren normies imaginable and the only good merch you can get for anything is sports shit. The only Sup Forums merch that is easy to come by is probably MCU or Batman stuff but most of it's shit.

Not that user but abos are abhorrent, abrasive, smelly assholes for the most part, I don't know how popular Mad Max is in the states but I'm gonna say yes, Moose is a big toy manufacturer here and the only Peter Jackson movies I like are District 9 and Dead Alive. He's a kiwi anyways, lad, not an aussie.

I'm Swedish and we have like one "proper" comic book store in the whole country. I've been there three times and it has always been messy as hell and their stock is odd. We also have a sci-fi/fantasy book store chain with three store locations that stock some comics, but their mark ups are way too high. So I usually buy comics from the UK, the Netherlands or Germany instead, except for new trades/HCs which are cheaper to buy directly from the US.

There aren't a lot of comic fans here, not even at conventions and places like that. Our "Comic Con" is a failed video game con, and they're somehow even worse than Copenhagen Comic Con. There are a lot of people who think they know stuff because they watch MCU shit though.

Which one is that?

I agree on SFBok, they’ve been kinda iffy since they moved from Atlasgatan.

In book stores?

>They very much shipped themselves to your copious coastline across that pond.
Moving through the sea gets you to coastal countires.Who would've thought?!

>Germany took them off your hands if anything.
Yeah, Germany takes the 10% that is educated,and leaves the rest to us and Italy. The Balkans have erected fences and walls to keep them out. Germany simply picks and chooses people that will be useful, leavingthe average schmuck to us Meds. It has nothing to do with humanitarianism.

>And requesting to be paid back for loans is not greedy.
>The German credit rating shielded you from massive explosions on your debt from your rubbish ratings.

>utterly ransack the country during WW2
>never pay reparations
>lend with high tax
>now ransacked country who has nothing left can't pay
Gee wiz, I wonder how... Our population was herded, our factories,few as they were, were destroyed, our land was ravaged, and we got nothing out of it.

>Now if you fucks would mind wasting our money on military contracts, that would be appreciated.
Do you happen to know that Turkey, with the backing of Putin and Drumpf, invades our aerospace constantly, puts warships in the islands,and Erdogan makes speeches about getting """his""" lands back everyday? We are neighbors with a volatile country, 20 times our size, with money, weapons and men. We don't all have the luxury of living miles away of where we wage war...

We at least have 2x2.

pajeet here, CN is very similar but better in some ways due to different distribution rights, and comics are read online , the same way anime is. Justice league is super popular because of the BTAS and JL/JLU cartoons

Comics Heaven in Stockholm. As I said I haven't been there much but it's a really weird store.

Dominicanfag here. While animoo is more popular here when it comes to geeky shit, there is some appreciation for Sup Forums here. That being said, it does affect our local comics looking more like manga, but there are some decent ones out there. The most Sup Forums people I know collect/sell figs like McFarlane toys and are generally pretty chill.

CN is alright, episodes take longer to come out but at least there's more variety since people still watch a lot of TV, like saberspark had mentioned in a vid. However we haven't had [adultswim] or toonami for a long time which is a bummer, and an even bigger bummer is Boomerang basically turning into a soap opera channel for kids (this applies to Boomerang LATAM in general tho). Luckily Tooncast fills in the Boomerang void.

Nick is pretty much the same with spongebob reruns, the only thing that sticks out is soap operas. They have been there for around 10 years tho so it's not strange.

Disney XD is basically the same. It replaced another channel called Jetix (it had some anime and power ranges as well as some good shows) which in turn had replaced Fox Kids (which had better shows imo)

Comics and merch are pretty much sold by independent groups at cons (I have seen a healthy amount of comics at our book fair though).

Germany here
Super RTL is really big, Disney and Nickelodeon play a minor fiddle. Kika is between Disney/Nickelodeon and Super RTL in terms of popularity. Generally, Super RTL shows buttloads of different content, KiKa shows OC, Disney is filled with Gravity Falls, Phineas & Ferb reruns and kidcoms and Nickelodeon jumps on whatever trend might happen right now and also shows mainly kidcoms.

Delay between original release and German release varies greatly depending on the show. Star Wars the Clone Wars aired a month before hitting the states. it is usually 1-2 months but some shows also have a few days of delay and others have several years of delay, it kinda depends on the deals and other international network hijinks.

In terms of comics, they are small but generally accepted as a form of literature. Manga is more popular than US-Comics but Ducks dominate the casual market in pocket book format. Biggest comic fair isn't a dedicated comic fair but the Frankfurter Book Fair. Do not really know anything about US comcis because I don't read them and I really don't know anyone who reads them. Comcis generally can be easily bought in the online shop of the publisher of the comic book, no need to go to a physical store.

>ask questions
>get answers
>REEEEEE
>Sup Forums
>muh boogeyman
Kys muh dude.

Has to google that. Man, I miss Metropolis.

Are Staffars and Alvglans any good these days?

Was for

I don't watch TV. I download a couple of cartoons regularly and come here to shitpost in the generals. I also read whatever comics get story timed.
I have no idea about the fandoms of any work or how popular they are outside of Sup Forums.

Bump

Where are you from?

At least bump with image.

I haven't spent a lot of time in Stockholm so I haven't actually been to either of those stores, but I think I visited Staffars booth at a book fair or con once and they seemed to be doing OK from what I could see there.

There is a store in Skövde or Växjö or somewhere around there that shows up at the book fair in Gothenburg every year with a huge amount of books, but IIRC their physical store is a side project that's open like once a week.

You first.

How horrifying.