Shows you could personally write better than the actual writers

i'm pretty fucking confident i would make a better job having no experience at all at writing steven universe than anyone working there.
The only thing i learned from steven universe is that any moron can work making cartoons.

do it then.

make a script then we judge it.

>write a fan fic
man i remember when Sup Forums was above this

You won't get our ideas Rebecca

>being this upset at someone elses success while you get ready for work flipping McGriddles for the breakfast rush

A litteral child could write a better show than SU’s writers. At least shit would happen in it.

Whats in a script? What does and doesn't make a show good (outside of basic things like keeping continuity if there is one)? I got no fucking idea what would make SU "better" namely because I'm not part of the target audience, but how do you make a show GENERALLY better? Help a retard out here.

I dunno about westerners, but I feel like I can write a story than any Jap comic book artist. They're shit at telling stories.

Not a show, but I dream of a world where The Champions is written by literally fucking anyone but Waid.

>shows you could personally write better than the actual writers
If I had assistant writers working with me. I couldn't do it by myself. Any decent show has three or more writers or a writer with multiple assistants.

^This.

I see you Rebecca.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to hate Steven Universe. The humor is extremely reddit, and without a solid grasp of proper writing most of the jokes will fool a tumblrina into thinking they are funny. There’s also Sucrose's SJW agenda, which is subconsciously woven into the narrativ- the gay agenda draws heavily from Valerie Solanas SCUM Manifesto, for instance. The haters understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly despise the depths of degeneracy, to realise that they’re not just unfunny- they say something about the necessity of killing all the gays and the Jews. As a consequence people who like Steven Universe truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t understand, for instance, the utter cuckoldry in Steven’s very existence, which itself is an insult to Allah, and therefore Islamophobic. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons laughing their asses off as Rebecca Sugar’s CalArts garbage unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a "Steven Universe is CalArts garbage" tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

Nice pic!

I like the way idea behind Steven universe. It's certainly got an interesting premise. But the episode to episode writing goes out of its way to ignore the premise and the ongoing plot and instead dick around with the townies or have Steven goof off. It also starts to show cracks as well.

>Yellow diamond believes the earth is still incubating the cluster
>however she knows from seal team ruby that the peridot assigned to the project has turned traitor
>we also know from the recent trial that life still exists on earth.
>their spaceships can travel between homeworld and earth in a very short amount of time

And yet there's no counter attack, there's no invasion force. They're not even scouting earth, they're not even watching it anymore. If the show really wanted to do something engaging, have the world under attack again. There was a recent episode where mayor Dewey was overthrown by a pissed off granny and ran for mayor of Beach city. Why not have that conflict in the episode go down for leadership of the resistance.

Townies just do fucking nothing all day. Homeworld does nothing. Nothing happens in this show and audience drifts from episode to episode waiting for something to happen. The world is basically a stagnant pool of water and we're sat watching the moss grow until someone throws a rock and creates some ripples and then we settle down again. This show needs to develop an over arching storyline. Because it started as a goofy villain of the week puddle deep goof off cartoon, started to hint at something bigger and more interesting, started to actually go somewhere, and we're back to goofing off again. The problem is the fan base are a bunch of Tumblrinas who never acknowledge the flaws and will do nothing but endlessly praise it. It's maybe the writing team very complacent and lazy. You see this happening in other shows too like Rick and Morty.

>The Temple is Crying Liberty Lady

rick & mory i could probably do a better job on by simply just killing off beth & jerry and focus on the goofy sci-fi adventures as a start

ben 10 (original, omniverse or the reboot) i feel i could do a better job on by cleaning up continuity and not doing a 3rd reboot

i wanna say RWBY & adventure time but iam pretty out of date on them

>"i could do a better job at writing than these hacks!"
>alright prove it
>"YOU WON'T TAKE MUH IDEAS! REEEE!"
not the person you're replying to but you are a colossal faggot

He needs to learn to be responsible, make him have a kid and he'll start acting more tolerable in no time

>ben 10 (original, omniverse or the reboot) i feel i could do a better job on by cleaning up continuity and not doing a 3rd reboot
I feel like that’s a bit cheating, considering that we’ve all had years to scrutinize each of the series for what they did right and wrong after the fact. But still, I would love to see an AF that wasn’t so disrespectful and lazy with old continuity and didn’t rush Kevin’s Redemption. I actually quite liked the concept and atmosphere.

Personally, my biggest change would be in Ultimate Alien I would have made all the Ultimate forms affect Ben’s mental state, like Rath, by making him more aggressive, bloodthirsty, and destructive. That way, he’d have a legitimate downside to his power up as well as an incentive to use it rarely and avoid the more destructive Ultimates in favor of the more nuanced ones.

>"...seal team ruby"
Kek. Would've said "F-Troop Ruby", but oh well.

Inherent problem, which I see, is a "loss in translation" between show creator/lore master and the subsequent departments (writers, storyboard artists, et. al.).

>IIRC, Sucrose writes a "treatment" - consisting of a paragraph, at best - which she forwards to the writers: A basic, bare-bones idea of how she'd like the episode to proceed.
>The writers, in turn, draft a lengthy outline of how the episode would progress.
>Sucrose then reviews and makes notes and revisions, accordingly.
>Writers then draft a script, whitling down the overall outline for broadcast time and budgetary constraints, fowarding it to Sucrose for a green light (bearing Standards & Practices approval) to be then forwarded to the artists for storyboarding.
>Characters differing aesthetics dependant upon the storyboard artist(s), in particular.
>VAs enter for a recording session, looking at storyboard stills for general idea of conveyed emotion(s).
>Sound artist, Kent Osborne, trolls them, relentlessly.
>Satisfied, all materials and subsequent addendums (script, character models for newly introduced characters, color palates for all involved characters in varying light sources, storyboards, animatics, et. al.) forwarded to Korea for proper animation.
>Finished material returned with a turnaround of nine-to-eleven months.
>Animation is then married to the finalized recording session.
>Once satisfied, the episode is "locked" (no more edits) and forwarded to the apropriate departments for future broadcast.

The above is a general idea of the entire process, and - in a perfect world - the end result would be as great - if not, greater - than the sum of its parts. Unfortunately, however, it is NOT a perfect world, and IRL events have a penchant for imposing themselves (family emergencies, office politics, cast-or-crew infighting (Zuke being reminded they're NOT her characters, let alone her show; Amber remembering that she's a job beyond her cats and thrice-monthly Twitter tirades).

So... "Axe Cop", then?

Back to Islamabad, Paki.

Steven U or Ian JQ?

Why not both?

We'll need a follow-up series, then... nitty-gritty with an unmotivated, principal cast and shittier art direction. And... dare I say it - FLASH animation!
>Inb4 "Teen Titans GO!"

You sound like a couch athlete shouting at the TV.

you seem pretty familiar with these people, i wonder...

This is like fat people yelling at the performance of football players. Keep telling yourself you could do better.

>They came from the Stars. The Antediluvian World was not destroyed by a flood, but by a invasion by Rock-things from beyond the moon. One by one, the great empires of Atlantis, Lemuria, Mu, and even the almighty Nephilim fell to the slaughter, their cities drowned by the oceans. The greatest sages of man realized the conflict was hopeless, until the great sorcerer Balzaar made contact with the higher planes.
>Thousands of slaves toiled as they built the gate. Thousands perished until it's completion. Balzaar stood before the gate between worlds, and forbade anyone follow him. He entered and communed with it's inhabitants for a month. The sorcerors and priests feared the worst, until he returned disoriented.
>After a week of constant mutterings, he announced that he made contact with the gods. The gods would help man, but in exchange they wanted twelve men to enter seven times to serve as humanity's entourage. When twelve men had entered, the Gods came to earth.
>Dread Caine, the God of slaughter and murder. Abidel, the god of order. And finally, the great sorcerer-scholar and friend to man, Enki. Together, they made war on the rock-men who in their despair, unleashed the great demons who were locked away in hell. But the Gods saved man and destroyed the Demon Kings who once again now gnash and rave in their ashen cages.
>But man had fallen into ruin. His great cities were now underwater, and only barbarians and savages remained. Magic and the great feats of science and engineering were forgotten with the passing of the sorcerers. Now man fights man, and all we have left are windswept cities in this blasted desert.
>"Boring!" The fat kid yawned at Akka. The storyteller glared at him. "I want a exciting story. Not another one of your boring history lessons!"
>"Alright Steven." The storyteller forced a smile. "Let me tell you about Rose."

>Defending Calarts
Whew lad

Ever thought of having a guest writer come in from another show? That might help to reinvigorate the show, picking outside of the same small handful of people for writing.

Still can't believe you'd be willing to actually do a "Steven becomes a teen dad" episode, you fucking madman.

i can draw the same character twice and the second time it isnt half as tall

The art is bad because they're doing it out of passion rather than channeling the passion of another hobby into it. You always get better results when you bring the passion and enthusiasm with you.

>You always get better results when you bring the passion and enthusiasm with you.

>they're doing it out of passion
so does people on deviantart drawing vore with crayons
grow the fuck up, you are being completely pathetic, these are adults who can't do their job, they don't need you defending them like you protect a toddler's feelings

Why hasn't Steven learned that he can create his own destiny and legacy yet? Is this show's message that you always have to live in your parent's shadow?

>Why hasn't Steven learned
Because he's an idiot.

>The art is bad because they're doing it out of passion rather than channeling the passion
>You always get better results when you bring the passion and enthusiasm with you.
So which is it then, does Passion make better results or worse?

This post describes the show much better than any of those 40 minute "why SU sucks" rants on youtube.

I'm saying you get better results when you take control of what you like doing and don't let yourself follow it.

>"Ever thought of having a guest writer come in from another show?"
...You DO know I'm not "Crewniverse", right?
>"Steven becomes a teen dad"
Is there nothing he can't DO..!?

Kek - weaponized, ninja autism FTW!!

Just lurk on their blogs and twitter accounts - tells you all you need to know, m8.

Double Kek.

It takes him far too long to learn things on his own.

>You DO know I'm not "Crewniverse", right?
Are you an intern or something?

Triple kek.
...Nope. Regardless of animated show, the process outlined above is similar - and, NO - I do not work on the show nor any show, for that matter.

May have a future in "black propaganda", though.

>Weaponized, ninja autism leaves the board.
Laters.

not really a fan fic if it's your take on the show.

I'll bite, rebecca sugar! Dewey needs health insurance/other fiduciary support after he loses his job as mayor so he decides to court and marry pearl. Steven is the only one in town excited for this and organizes an elaborate, traditional gem wedding ceremony that costs at least one million dollars. Pearl is disgusted by Dewey up until the moment when he reads the vows he wrote, at which point they fuse into "pewey," a gem whose main deal is that they glide like a flying squirrel using the oversized dewey suit. They stay like this for maybe thirty seconds before they unfuse and pearl files for an annulment.

...This is exactly what the Crewniverse would say

I wouldn't be that surprised at all if it turned out that the crew shitposted on Sup Forums in their spare time

They've been confirmed to do this multiple times in the past, they're much less visible now if they still do. Hell, as much as Sugar gets accused of being from tumblr, she was a drawfag on Sup Forums way back. Those infamous EEnE pictures were actually requests that she did here.

>she was a drawfag on Sup Forums way back. Those infamous EEnE pictures were actually requests that she did here.
Damn

Is there an archive of that thread anywhere?

I don't think Sup Forums archives go back that far, as I remember it she was active somewhere in the 2006-2009 frame. Used to go by some drawfag name here too that I can't recall anymore.

i know for certain they do because something really suspicious happened to me here when posting about steven universe during season one
remember when everyone thought there was this cool amazing deep secret lore they were hiding? and there were theories about it on a daily basis? well during the episode they find lion pearl says why the hell not, we kept amethyst which i found suspicious and i posted about it here saying i think amethyst is somehow not a part of the original team or something and i immediately got 3 replies being too dismissive and saying it was just an offhand joke or something like that, mind you discussion on stevenuniverse was fast but the board used to be way slower back then and those replies where fucking immediate and it wasn't a post really worth 3 replies or anything and they where pretty much the same which is weird and you all know where amethyst comes from so i was on to something

I've seen one drawfag pop up in the SU threads with a style eerily similar to Becky's

bump

The writers kinda fucked up Lapis, which is sad since she could have been great (and the first two episodes she was in were hype).
If they fuck up Jasper's arc too I'll be fucken pissed. Waiting for her return and the lore snacks un between are the inly things keeping me on the hook.

Now you sound paranoid as if we'd have nothing better to do than prevent spoilers from getting three. We'd never do that be quiet now before people get strange ideas and start posting theories that hit too close to home. We don't want that do we.

>Liking shows with inferior gems

Honestly, bismuth and the cluster shouldn't have existed in the first place.
The build up for the both of them was not worth the payoff.
Every single time something plot relevant happens it's drowned out by irrelevant fluff. Townies are fine, Gem adventures are fine, But the order in which episodes are shown ruins the pacing. This is amplified by the bomb style schedule.

There's no reason to be passive aggressive, user. There's no reason to be upset.

Maybe you could get those creative juices flowing with some weed, it's fully legal down in Cali

So would I be spoiling anything by saying that at some point Steven will either make Connie or himself pregnant?