I want to learn how 2 comic

what are the best examples of art in comics? not only the drawings but best use of panels, the most dynamic ones, etc
i want as many recommendations as you can give me so i can study them and see what i can figure out

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_(cartoonist)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ask your mom

Go read Scott McCloud's books on comics.

i learn better from practice than theory, i want examples i can see

well your a fuckass and should read it anyway if you have any inkling of wanting to get into comics

heres an example of decent paneling

horizontal panels showing horizontal movement

also the zooming in adds motion and time to the panels. It gives you the sense of set up, rising action and pay off

if you want bad examples look at dresden codak

shit gets incomprehensible sometimes

weird panels are ok, you just have to make sure they flow into each other, always think about where the readers eye is going next

that isnt dynamic enough, it looks like the bus isnt moving at all because it zooms on it in the second panel so it takes the same place as the first panel

If you have to ask like that, you're never going to make it

save me the attitude and just post the goddam links or fuck off

Cerebus the Aardvark utilizes comics medium to the 11. It also has very impressive art, particularly backgrounds.
Bernie Wrightson's Swamp Thing has an amazing art.
Sandman uses medium pretty well, but artists shift frequently. Michael Zulli's artwork really shines there.
You can also check almost anything by Moebius.

Also this McCloud's Understanding Comics is pretty great.

No. That stuff would be wasted on you.

>Cerebus the Aardvark
i always meant to read it but i get bored before i make it through the bad part at the start
i read understanding comics but i want real examples i can look at and read not just an example taken out of context, a comic is a comic from start to end not a single page
ok, bye, go be a pain in the ass to someone else

When did co become request

>i always meant to read it but i get bored before i make it through the bad part at the start
It's understandable, Cerebus is pretty big. However, if you really want to see the creative use of medium, you should try to read it at least until the issue 200. Everything from 201 to 300 is just one lengthy epilogue with showcase of Sim's mental breakdown. Ending is pretty great though.
It might be a chore to read through, but it's perhaps the best showcase of what makes the comics medium unique, particularly lettering, paneling and composition.

It certainly could be more dynamic, but the bus is obviously closer to deadpool than it is in the first panel that implies movement

yeah but if you are going to run him over you want that bus to look fast, especially with deadpool being sorta comedic

yes of course I could easily imagine a much better page, but this one isnt bad just decent, It conveys the idea well enough

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_(cartoonist)

Moomin

Tintin

Asterix

Spirou

Lucky Luke

This. I've got Making comics by him and it's really excellent. Nearly the entire book is in comic format, so the examples are used as he's talking about something.

Keep to twitter, Kamiya.

bump