Anyone else unironically love Garfield? I used to be a Garfield hater...

Anyone else unironically love Garfield? I used to be a Garfield hater, the only Garfield thing I liked was Garfield Minus Garfield. But now I love Garfield, and not even in an ironic way. I really do enjoy Garfield. Do you?

You are probably the first person in the history of humanity to ever like Garfield

some where jim has a pretty sweet stash of pin up art.

Wrong. Millions love him. Including me.

I need it. I can only hope for Garfield cheesecake strips in the future.

No I like him too. Or I did when I was younger and used to check out his books at the library. The ones with puns as titles.
>Garfield at Large
>Garfield takes the cake
>Garfield weighs in
I remember really liking Nermal and Jon's friend too.

I wanna know what it will take for Jim To notice us out here and do something special again.

I loved it growing up, had like half the treasuries. Now, not so much, but it always has a soft spot with me.

His name was Lyman. Never forget Lyman.

I loved the cartoon as a kid so I still have a lot of affection for Garfield even if I don't care for the strip.

are you me?

As a young child I was obsessed with Garfield. I would read the daily newspaper comics so religiously that I apparently flipped out at my father as an eight year old for cancelling it.

But reading it now, I really miss the week-long story arcs and such that the older comics had. I feel like Garfield managed to get more status quo somehow. I want something big to happen to change it all up again, like when Jon stated dating Liz.

>in my family oldest cousin was our Garfield fan
>we'd all have to borrow his giant-ass Garfield collection
>he'd always get more Garfield books, or Garfield toys/shirts for Christmas
>he starts joking around just like Garfield
>it's funny and good- just like Garfield
>20+ years pass
>cousin is huge fat ginger
>lazy fucking cunt, NEET, stays in bed all day
>try to cook something for holiday party
>the fat fucker will literally sit there and eat the entire 4 pound dish of mashed potatoes by himself
>sarcastic fucking cunt, won't stop fucking quoting atheist youtube channels
>borderline abusive to the two women, his disabled mother and widowed grandmother, who selflessly keep him alive and fed
>this shit is still going on, somehow, despite him already being over thirty

>tfw he's still just like Garfield

I loved the comic when I was a kid. I probably still have a collection of the old books lying around, somewhere. They've definitely gotten lazier in recent years, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the older ones.

Growing up my dad had a ton of Garfield books so I would read them all the time. When you've got an entire compilation to flip through, the forgettable ones fall by the wayside and the funnier strips shine through.

He also had a bunch of Charlie Brown/Snoopy books as well as Andy Capp. Really, they were pivotal in my development towards loving cartoons, and as a kid I wanted to make newspaper funnies when I grew up. I still have a soft spot for the format.

I have that Garfield

Not only do I unironically love Garfield, but I dislike people like who think no one could seriously like the strip.

Fucking this, I found food for thought I think it was called in fourth grade and remember thinking it was the funny thing I had ever seen.
At the same time, I did notice even then that he started to look worse overtime.

Your cousin sounds like a real cunt. You have my pity.

If that were true it wouldn't have become successful in the first place.

>the he ate those food

I still like Garfield, but I I'll be the first to admit his best days are behind him. Jim should really either retire the strip or hand off to someone else at this point, it'd be for the best.

>hand off to someone else at this point
I'm pretty sure he hasn't done any actual work on the strip in years. It's all just interns copy and pasting pre-drawn assets for a few minutes per strip.

Assembly line comic.

He gave it to Paws at least since the early '90s.

I like the 80s cartoon, so suck it.

>tfw there will be no more lasagnacat videos

it hurts.

I grew up with Garfield & Friends, so I'm biased, but I loved Garfield as a kid because of that show. It occurred to me the other day that whole generations have never heard Lorenzo Music's Garfield, and that's probably why the comic seems so baffling to Millennials - if I didn't "hear" his lines in Music's voice, I probably wouldn't have enjoyed the Garfield collections I had as a kid so much.

I like the comics, they're comfy. If I ever get a bigger house I'm going to fill an entire fucking room with garfield merchandise.

Yeah, ever since I was a kid. Owned a couple books, VHS tapes of some of the specials, loved watching Garfield and Friends, and even dragged my grandma to see that shitty live-action movie. Read through a few of my books recently, other than a few chuckles, it doesn't seem as funny as kid me thought it was, atleast the holiday specials and the cartoon holds up

Garfield works great for kids really, it's just not that entertaining as an adult.
I still have a bunch of them but they're down to the rank of "toilet reading shelf" and "shit I put under a wobbly table".

Oh hey I have that same plushy somewhere.

Really? Why?

I have always love garfield,since i was a kid,the garfield end friends cartoons was great.years ago when i got clases inthe morning i jave to get up early,like at 7,and part of my dailt rutine was drink some coffe,read the news and them read garfield and some other webcomics,good times,i dont know why i stopped reading garfiled,i should stary reading it again

during an interview, fatal farm (the creators) said that the sex survey video was the proper closure to the series.