What is Sup Forums's thoughts on W.I.T.C.H.?

What is Sup Forums's thoughts on W.I.T.C.H.?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XtZITs688ME
youtube.com/watch?v=ETSKVJydPuU
youtu.be/ozfGeGYe-lY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's weaboo shit.

Winx Club was better.

>wants to get people into the show
>gets angry at people for making posts about the show

Animesque cartoons are best cartoons.
STOP

No, I'm getting angry over obvious impersonation.

Or rather, attempted and failed impersonation.

More like cancer.

It was fine
Now fuck off, WITCHfag

You too, shut up

>Winx was plagiarizing, unimaginative garbage with awful design and animation, cardboard characters who were defined by having a single interest which was also their name, cardboard villains, and boring, retarded plots that were literally cobbled together from plagiarized stories and cliches. They took the shittiest, laziest magical girl template and somehow managed to execute it in the worst way possible, all to exploit little girls for their parents' hard earned money with shitty merchandise.

>WITCH was quality Western take on the magical girl genre that adopted some basic ideas and developed them in positive ways. In doing so it surpassed the vast majority of the interchangeable cookie-cutter bullshit from Japan. It had character development, it had ongoing plotlines, it had actual changing dynamics within the group, secondary characters were actual characters, villains had motivations, plots that made sense and spanned multiple episodes, and they were threatening, the antagonism between the girls and the villains was developed in them acting to frustrate the villain in an organized manner. And the romance and drama weren't too dumb or too boring. So yes, it was unironically good as far as little girls' cartoons go.

Bloody hell, what a whiny asshole.

You know? even if you are a recognized piece of shit, you are still a piece of shit.

Why don't you get yourself a trip and make it easier on all of us then

More like SHITch lol

The fail is funnier than the joke would have been.

Ruined by that one poster.

The one and only poster who's actually been talking about it on Sup Forums any time recently?

The same poster who is the reason this thread exists in the first place?

If they were trying to impersonate you they would have been whining over people not liking the show, not generally asking "Hey, anyone like the show?"

Is that why they used the same image I used to use regularly, until recently when I found a more interesting one that is?

But I thought you said OP wasn't you.

That is correct, yes.

Too bad it’s as memorable as a dump you took last Tuesday

If you don't think W.I.T.C.H. is the best cartoon ever made, you have objectively shit taste.

W.I.T.C.H. episodes often had the best scores, most interesting plots and/or most humorous dialogue, and the most accomplished "cinematography" of any visual media. The best were stunning works of art and imagination.

Then, everything changed when SIP Animation shut down.

>"i didn't create the thread"
>"i'm responsible for the thread's creation"

Both are correct. Are you really that stupid?
I did not make this thread, but it would not exist had I not been promoting the show before then!

You forgot the “Too be fair” before your copypasta

This would work better if you didn't grossly oversell the show. Honestly, I would probably have given it a (re)watch by now if you just presented it as a good show instead of the second coming of Christ. As is you're just building up contrarianism by overhyping it so much.

That's my own handcrafted copypasta, you dipshit

Don't confuse it with cheap, mass-produced junk.

But it is associated with the cheap, mass produced junk that is W.I.T.C.H.

lol

W.I.T.C.H. is just about the furthest from mass-produced you can get in a cartoon series. Every episode is thought out to the most minute detail, if not necessarily in plot progression then in character development, and/or just general entertainment value.

It actually does feel handcrafted, in a sense.

>W.I.T.C.H. is just about the furthest from mass-produced
>produced by Disney (via Jetix)

I can't think of a duller franchise really.

So? I'm not talking about who made it, I'm talking about the quality of the work itself.

Besides, Disney practically disowned the show and largely just oversaw the production. The bulk of it was handled by SIP Animation in France, which actually produced relatively little else during its short period of existence.

(Of course they still got American writers, and also voice actors. They even re-recorded the theme song to get rid of the original accent literally just before the show actually came out. It's a true marvel of international coproduction.)

>WHY NO ONE TALKS ABOUT WITCH REEEE
>ONLY I CAN TALK ABOUT WITCH GET OUT REEEEE

SIP probably shut down due to how massively B.I.T.C.H failed

I loved the episode where Will was in love with her mother and ended up having sexual relations with her

Failed financially only, due to horrible external factors that have nothing to do with the show itself. As a work of visual media, it is actually a stunning success, particularly given that it wraps everything up while still leaving you wanting more - even with all the negative factors affecting production, they made sure to end it on their own terms, without a cliffhanger.
(Or at least a real one, there's a fake though.)
And in fact at this point, I'm no longer sure I would want it continued. It's that one cartoon which I would be by far most concerned about getting a new season in this postmodernist era.

W.I.T.C.H. is THE crowning achievement of the entire Western animation industry. Period.

(You) and your shit show are both absolute cancer

>They even re-recorded the theme song to get rid of the original accent literally just before the show actually came out.
BTW if faggots like want to talk comparisons, That Other Show did NOT do this, which just shows how "high quality" that production was - despite having much more support from the animation industry in general.

I was interested when it was new and I was much younger. The intro was good but I always found the costumes extremely ugly. I lost thread of the plot somewhere along the way and had a crush on the villian because teen bishounen weakness.

>Mary Sue surrounded by Mary Sue friends go on poorly written mahou shoujou adventures
I liked it for 1 episode. Then wished Shaman King was on instead.

The definition of mediocre. Now fuck off, autist.

I really liked it but I absolutely hated that green goblin (insert Spiderman joke here). He was really annoying and I could never figure out why they added him to this show. I doubt he attracted any male viewers and he also wasn't funny. He ruined any scene he was in.

>The intro was good
Please tell me you're NOT American.

He was an awesome companion for Caleb, that's why! He not only provided a comic relief for the straight man (Caleb)'s dialogue to bounce off of when the girls weren't around, but also provided a solution to a major plot problem: if Caleb is a rebel leader who has to jump back and forth between the dimensions for his mission, but the girls don't want him using the portals because they have to close them AND they have the map, how is he supposed to find them on his own?

Plus, later on (when the "companion" role lessened) he was just flat-out fucking badass.

I remember buying the original comics. Red head was my first waifu.

Come to think of it they really should have specified the leader's power. It just wasn't ever properly explained. Also the character design of the black girl was just weird. Weird hair, thick glasses, underpants over pants. She looked terrible compared to the other girls. Out of transformation she also hare a weird haircut with a rat tail in the front. Just made no sense

Why did he have to be an annoying gross goblin though? I don't remember enough of this show to remember him being a badass. I only remember him being annoying, not helping and doing things like eating dead flies. Caleb could have had a cooler companion or at least one that would have appealed more the demographic. When I was a preteen girl I did not care for ugly goblins with gross interests who can't speak properly.

>Come to think of it they really should have specified the leader's power. It just wasn't ever properly explained.
You didn't watch season 2.

Also, is flight and seriously enhanced strength not enough?

>W.I.T.C.H. is THE crowning achievement of the entire Western animation industry. Period.
I imagine if the creators read that they would be ashamed to have spawned such a faggy hyperbolic fan.

I don't think so no. Ithink they never dubbed it locally and I only remember seeing a few episodes on the BBC. Still I think they explained it too late. Mostly because Will wasn't a likely favorite because she didn't have anything special about her. You can have fun imagining yourself with water, air or earth powers and being a badass but not so much being the one that opens portals and who does less than the other girls. This did not help Taranee either in popularity because fire can't do much more than destroy things.

Find me ONE better cartoon.

Hint: You can't. It doesn't exist.

Will was my favorite of the girls from the very first episode. The look, the voice, the personality, not having her own power forcing her to be creative.

Winx Club

Whichever I name you'll probably just go "nuh-huh". So let's go with Tom and Jerry.
Ask the creators of the show, I'm sure they can too and at least you'd listen to them.

I'm talking about when I first watched it, appealed perfectly to my Evanescence phase.

youtube.com/watch?v=XtZITs688ME

I am typing this with clenched teeth. NOT joking. I cannot stand the American intro SO SO MUCH
Let me just quote myself, because it's hard to think when I'm this angry:
>The American intro was absolute flaming dogshit garbage. Hard to believe something like that was allowed to be the opening for any TV series ever, let alone a supposedly majorly hyped property from one of the very largest media companies. Seriously, the video portion is a literal fucking late 2000s YouTube AMV, and the song while not unpleasant to listen as a standalone is incredibly and obviously dated as well.
>Meanwhile, the ORIGINAL (emphasis on that word) opening - that actually fits the show's BGM BTW - for season 1 is great... while the season 2 one is a fucking masterpiece, a work of art, one of the best one-minute animated sequences ever made (including the music).

Palate cleanser: youtube.com/watch?v=ETSKVJydPuU

youtu.be/ozfGeGYe-lY

>I am typing this with clenched teeth. NOT joking.
Jesus, and the pop metal or whatever it is intro you posted is absolute garbage.

At this point I'm going to start assuming you're just succesfully baiting everyone because nobody sane could describe wht you posted as
>a fucking masterpiece, a work of art, one of the best one-minute animated sequences ever made (including the music).

Come on you fuckers, at least TRY to find something comparable on a basic level.

What are you on about?
You said it was the peak of western animation, not the peak of European-produced magical girl made for TV animation. Tom and Jerry is better. Bambi is better. That's not even disputable.

I'm expecting something that has an overarching story with heavy continuity. Sorry, but episodic shit like T&J just doesn't cut it.
Also, Bambi? Is that not a movie only? I'm talking about series.

(And neither does overproduced garbage, like that other troll keeps shoving in my face.)

>mfw remembered watching this show as a kid and fucking loved it
>couldn't remember it's name
>few months ago thanks to WITCHfag I can recall it
>he's now made it so that you can't even have a discussion about it anymore
Well, I guess thanks and fuck you, WITCHfag.

But user YOU LITERALLY JUST ADMITTED you would NOT have remembered it without my posts. Do you not see the inherent catch there?

That's why I said thanks. And also fuck you because you made it a shitposting topic.

>Sorry, but episodic shit like T&J just doesn't cut it.
Sure it does.
> I'm talking about series.
No you aren't.

I quote you
>W.I.T.C.H. is THE crowning achievement of the entire Western animation industry. Period.
There are tons of comedic, feature-length or episodic cartoons that outdo it. Tons. The only way you can put W.I.T.C.H. on a pedestal is by making the goal posts so narrow that most of what's good in western animation doesn't count. Because really the western animation industry is garbage at making continuity-heavy shows, standing atop a pile of shit isn't impressive in any way. Same way ATLA is still just mediocre despite being at the top of said pile.

>Because really the western animation industry is garbage at making continuity-heavy shows, standing atop a pile of shit isn't impressive in any way. Same way ATLA is still just mediocre despite being at the top of said pile.
You mean compared to anime?
YES, that we can agree on. So if you have nothing else to add, get lost back to .

But IF you're not just here to shitpost, the fact of the matter is that (a) an animated SERIES with (b) heavy CONTINUITY is NOT a strict set of requirements but very broad and general

BTW ATLA does not come close to W.I.T.C.H.
It has serious problems with both plots and characters, only SLIGHTLY outdoing it in worldbuilding (a pretty minor factor anyways).

>witch is better than avatar
nice bait, autist

>a picture I made gets reposted

nice.

also, RIP Gotlib.

I wish Witchfag would stop barging into every single other threads unrelated to W.I.T.C.H. to splurge about how it's the greatest cartoon of all time and there hasn't been a single good cartoon made since and none of the cartoons whose threads he infest is worth discussing and those thread should instead be centered around how perfect and superior W.I.T.C.H. is and about how everyone should be watching W.I.T.C.H. instead

It is far, far better. Avatar never sat fully right with me deep down, even when I was really fucking into it. W.I.T.C.H. is on a whole other LEVEL that no other cartoon can even touch, at least of those I've been able to find so far.

It's like an *experience*, that leaves you utterly satisfied - but still quietly longing for more...

I wish he would permanently get the fuck out of OtGW threads and stop trying to make OtGW and GF fans hate each other with his inane shitposting.

Oh look, all my favorite shitposters in the world seem to be converging on this one thread!

>anti-witchfag = shitposting
just accept that you're even more hated than Boco at this point

I'm hated because unlike you shitposters I actually TALK ABOUT CARTOONS, even if my opinions are very strong and largely fixed I ALWAYS try to justify them.

>You mean compared to anime?
No, compared to most other forms of narrative-based media. Western literature, western comics, western live action TV, all have much better standards for contiunuity-based drama than western animation.

I understand some of you have a big inferiority complex towards anime but it's kind of retarded to point me to Sup Forums when I pointed out that this was the weak spot of western animation, implying it does some other things fantastically well.

> the fact of the matter is that (a) an animated SERIES with (b) heavy CONTINUITY is NOT a strict set of requirements but very broad and general
You're missing my point that it lowers the standards considerably for what qualifies for your "best cartoon ever" award. It's like me declaring Galaxy Football is the best western animation can do because all the other sport cartoons are absolute dogshit. It's completely arbitrary to choose that a cartoon has to meet those criterias when they exclude most good cartoons.

>he thinks AtlA worldbuilding is good
Listen lad, I understand I missed that part in my criticism in that earlier thread where we crossed paths, but it's no reason to assume it's good.
AtlA's strong points are choreography, character design, music and voice acting/direction, all of which it does better than W.I.T.C.H.

Is W.I.T.C.H. Poochie?

>anyone who doesn't like me spamming the threads with the same bullshit flamebait is a shitposter
Cool tactic. Will remember to resort to it the next time I'll decide to derail a thread on another board.

Do you have a W.I.T.C.H. fanfic, Witchfag?

No lad, you're hated because you seemingly only ever want to talk about one cartoon.
I talk about cartoons here, and I'm not hated, because I don't obsess over one very recognizable thing and bother everyone with it.

And because he keeps antagonizing people who disagree with him which happens to be a majority, considering he believes that his extremely specific idea of what is good is the right one. That part is important.

OK yes, choreography too because they did actually hire an external expert which is quite amazing. I always forget that because I'm not so much into the fight scenes themselves. But W.I.T.C.H. had some really great fight scenes.

Character design? W.I.T.C.H. WIPES THE FLOOR with ATLA with that, ATLA looks like fucking generic anime... are you fucking high?

Music is, at first glance, a toss-up. TLA has some *EPIC* BGM (why no OST? WHY!?) but basically exclusively in pivotal moments, otherwise it's kind of meh. Meanwhile W.I.T.C.H. is consistently great in that (some of the regular tracks are really excellent), and when needed it seriously ups the ante:
1a. the transformation music is incredible, much better than the AS music and used far more often
1b. and there are two completely different versions of it, the better one being used more
2. the music in the finale (episode 52), particularly during the montage at the very end, is just beyond golden. I REALLY want an OST for that track, if nothing else.
3. The song "Will to Love". Sorry, Iroh's songs were incredibly heartfelt in terms of the singing but the melody and instrumentation was quite simplistic, just memorable that's basically all. THAT song alone, though... and there's also Matt's other song in the same episode to boot.
3. It has a *jawdroppingly stunning* theme in the original version (ignoring the US shitfest) that blows ATLA's "epic" intro out of the water. And ATLA's ending BGM is worse than most cartoons', while W.I.T.C.H.'s is almost better than the intro's itself.
So in reality, W.I.T.C.H. easily takes that one.

Voice acting/direction: aside from some technical errors, W.I.T.C.H. takes this one. Why? Because the VAs in ATLA felt good, but the VAs in W.I.T.C.H. felt *REAL*. The pure emotional ranges, for example, were something ATLA only came close to on a very small number of occasions, when they clearly tried to emphasize it more
(BTW Azula sounded fake as fuck, Miranda realistic as fuck)

>atla looks like generic anime
and witch is nearly indistinguishable from totally spies, what's your point

Fuck off, W.I.T.C.H. may use an animesque style but its character designs are VERY distinguishable, which is not really true even with ATLA.

TS with its copypasted samefaces does not even compete here.

>ATLA looks like fucking generic anime
This isn't the kind of criticism I'd think WITCHfag of all people would ave the gall to make. WITCH looks like second rate anime bootleg, like those cheap Franga comics nobody buys. Their outfits look awful too. Pretty sure this is the main reason the show failed commercially: it looks unappealing as fuck.

I don't remember the music in WITCH well but if the season 2 opening you posted earlier is any indication of the overall quality and your judgement of music, I'm going to go with AtlA wins comfortably here.

>arguing that something is better because it feels better
Yeah that's not a strong argument.

Some stuff I'd skipped to come back to:
>comedic, feature-length or episodic cartoons
Those are all garbage. Cartoon comedy is ONLY funny when it's paired with real emotions from characters you actually care about, otherwise I might as well be watching a real comedian on stage - most of whom are incredibly unfunny as well, by the way.
>Western literature, western comics, western live action TV
All are shit nowadays, overall.
>It's completely arbitrary to choose that a cartoon has to meet those criterias when they exclude most good cartoons.
Not arbitrary, see my first response in this post.

And why is ATLA worldbuilding not good, or especially worse than that of W.I.T.C.H.? I see some flaws, but they don't seem overly large...

Oops, forgot to add: feature-length and episodic are both garbage for the same reason, not enough time to get invested in their stories.

Your incredibly autistic bias and lack of culture are showing.

>not arbitrary
Absolutely arbitrary. You can't decide that (the better) half of animation doesn't count for the best cartoon ever because it doesn't suit your very specific and subjective preferences.

ATLA worldbuiding is shallow and unoriginal as fuck, mostly, not sure about compared WITCH since I've only watched a couple of episodes of that a long-ass time ago.

Who the fuck made your faggot ass the Professor of Cartoons all of a sudden?

>ATLA worldbuiding is shallow and unoriginal as fuck
I thought you just said:
>arguing that something is better because it feels better

BTW I somewhat agree with you on the outfits, but they're right from the comics. But it's really just the colors, and given how form-fitting they are you can hardly say they're unattractive when the girls are wearing them... heh.

Pretty much everything else you just argued against from what I said, though? BULLSHIT.
And I've already explained why.

That's not a feelings-based argument, AtlA's worldbuilding is factually shallow and lazy as fuck, as seen by using the classical greek elements in a fantasy asian setting, bastardizing Eastern philosophy concepts like balance into simplistic Western ideas of good and bad, making reincarnation little more than a powerup with a built-in hotline, most cultures only having aesthetic elements in common with their real-world counterparts, the uncreative as fuck animal naming conventions that look like concept names, ...

>I've already expained why
And people have already explained to you why you're wrong.

At this point you should just get a tripcode OP. You've got nothing to worry about it hurting your rep and that way people can track these threads.

Hey, you're not wrong, but if you'd actually watched W.I.T.C.H. - something you only NOW revealed you did not in fact do!!! - you'd be able to actually compare that stuff.
How would it benefit me? Genuinely curious, because I only see drawbacks to doing so.

>the top two
>grouping with ATLA & TMNT2K3
Fuck off but TT gets a pass because Ron Perlman

Interesting opinion. What do you think of GF?

You said you were tired of shitposting imitators right? With a tripcode that can't happen anymore. It also allows people to easily search for these up threads in the archives, which may be helpful for looking at past discussion.

It's on my to-do list

This

I'm actualy becoming quite attached to the witch fag, I wish he couldstand out from the crowd here

Only the bottom two are any good

While it isn't the show's fault directly, I can blame some fanfiction (and eventually accompanying artwork) posted in a REALLY old Sup Forums W.I.T.C.H. thread for my mother-on-daughter lesbian incest fetish.

CURSE YOU GUNWILD AND PSEUDONYM

I...uh....think I still have the link to said materials somewhere....for reasons....

This is a shame. Magical kids is a theme that's growing on me recently that I've been brainstorming ideas and doodling about it, I remembered this show which I had handwaved back in the day because it was "girl stuff". Thanks to WITCHfag it is now undiscussable

Sure thing, we all would want to hear about your magical girl OC if it weren'tfor the witch shitposting