WHY Sup Forums HATES HOWARD CHAYKIN SO MUCH????

WHY Sup Forums HATES HOWARD CHAYKIN SO MUCH????

He used to write good comics and now he writes bad to mediocre ones.
His art also didn't survive the digital transition like many of his peers.

Let's see if anything changed in the last 30 years

Oh dear.

I mean, have you read his stuff? Dude's kinda shite, mate.

Digital coloring was a mistake

He's fine. Image is fucking retarded for changing the cover of one of the issues though.

This

A lot of older artists' stuff looks weird with digital coloring, but he and Neal Adams' work looks so off with digital colors

He failed to stop drawing comics after he ceased being good at it in the 90s. Jeff just keeps making issue after poorly composited lantern jawed women.

Also, I assume there's a Sup Forums contingent who hate him for being slightly led of Lenin.

We don't? His current art is painful to look at, but his writing is solid. And his essay in response to the SJW backlash to Hysertia is one of the best explorations of how SJWs are destroying everything the left stood for.

This.
Although the art isnt like Flagg used to be it doesnt hurt. . .

and yeah, I have mad respect for the man.

He's not the artist he used to be. I still have a special place in my heart for much of his work. There's something lurid and exciting in his best stuff that captures what I like most about comic books.
>Twilight
>Time2
>Dominic Fortune
>Ironwolf
>Black Kiss

I admit AF! didn't grab me the way the others did but I can respect it's style and influence, and I hope the TV series does it justice

Agreed.

Also, there was a thread where Sup Forums slobbered all over Ironwolf just a few days ago.

wait what?

Flagg on TV?

Luc Besson's production company bought the rights to Flagg for a miniseries. Chaykin will be an executive producer I believe

that could be very good. . . . . . .

anyone got an honest take on Valerian? the trailer kinda scared me off. .. .

The shit he wrote and drew for the Shadow was terrible. That's why I dislike him at least.

Never read Midnight in Moscow but Blood and Judgment was both the very first Chaykin comic and Shadow comic I ever read and I still really like it despite him pretty much pissing all over the character.

There's nothing wrong with that. I'm glad you liked it. I'm just a grognardy person who doesn't like when characters get changed. His art isn't always bad either. I think it's just his more recent stuff that looks pretty ugly.

I always get him and Levitz mixed up when I see their pictures.

Bump

Underrated post

He's a shitty writer and a shitty artist. And he's one note as fuck.

Keep reading Gwenpool faggot

Gwenpool is horrible waifushit

Yess

/thread

I'd say /thread too, but I wouldn't mind if we kept talking about Chaykin.

>And his essay in response to the SJW backlash to Hysertia is one of the best explorations of how SJWs are destroying everything the left stood for.

I think his essays are the best part of the comic. I disagree with him on some other things he said elsewhere but I find him more genuine than a lot of the people who turned against him.

I think digital coloring is ugly in general honestly. Very few can pull it off.

I really dig Chaykin a lot. I will agree that his art isn't as good as it used to be, I really enjoy the style of his writing and his layouts. I got to meet him at the NC Comic-Con in Durham and he was fucking awesome. Got him to sign some of my favorite books of his and we chatted about shit for bit.

(((Chaykin)))

>Jew
>In comic books

You don't say.

Chaykin bump

He went all fuckin prequels George Lucas when he should have just done the same general stuff he did with 5th element, was a bunch of cgi wankery and although the two main actors look right for the part, they can't act for shit.

and then besson got all pissy about the criticism for it, which was kinda funny.

so hopefully he does NOT THAT.

its my favorite comic book movie of the year

It was really good.