Animated Mario movie

>Nintendo is reportedly making a Mario movie with the studio behind Minions.

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/games/2017/11/14/16650052/nintendo-movie-illumination-entertainment-minions
wsj.com/articles/mario-bros-set-to-jump-to-big-screen-in-movie-deal-with-universals-illumination-1510675881
io9.gizmodo.com/nintendo-is-finally-making-another-super-mario-bros-mo-1820435189
inverse.com/article/38420-super-mario-bros-movie-nintendo-illumination-despicable-me
kotaku.com/report-nintendo-making-animated-mario-movie-with-studi-1820434793
youtu.be/Utvj76F07C8
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Umm, sweetie, people like the minions

>no source
Try again retard

>theverge.com/games/2017/11/14/16650052/nintendo-movie-illumination-entertainment-minions
>wsj.com/articles/mario-bros-set-to-jump-to-big-screen-in-movie-deal-with-universals-illumination-1510675881
Chill jackass

And there goes the marvelous year of Nintendo. Oh man! Can't wait for that Virtual Boy II in 2019!

Why didn't you start the fucking thread with this then?

>io9.gizmodo.com/nintendo-is-finally-making-another-super-mario-bros-mo-1820435189
>inverse.com/article/38420-super-mario-bros-movie-nintendo-illumination-despicable-me
>kotaku.com/report-nintendo-making-animated-mario-movie-with-studi-1820434793

I'm hoping we get something with the feel of Super Mario Adventures and the characterization of Paper Jam (or the Mario & Luigi games in general).
Also a Biggering-tier villain song for Bowser

>Mario may be taking a second stab at the big screen. The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Illumination Entertainment — the production company behind Minions and Despicable Me — is close to a deal with Nintendo to make an animated film based on Super Mario.

>Nintendo is reportedly making a Mario movie
Yaaaaay!
with the studio behind Minions.
Nooooo!

>According to the report, Illumination has been in talks about the move for nearly a year, and the major sticking point for Nintendo has been ensuring that the company is heavily involved in the creative process. (This is not surprising considering the 1993 live-action Mario film was an infamous disaster.) If the movie does come to pass, Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto will reportedly likely serve as a producer. Last year, Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima said that the company was in talks with several Hollywood companies about bringing the iconic character to the big screen.

>While not yet official, the news is in line with Nintendo’s recent push to move beyond the traditional realm of video games. The company has started a mobile initiative to reach new customers, teamed up with the likes of Vans and Uniqlo for clothing lines, and struck up a deal with Universal for Nintendo-themed attractions at multiple theme parks. Meanwhile, the timing also seems to be right, with Mario fever in full swing; the mobile release Super Mario Run has been downloaded more than 200 million times, while Super Mario Odyssey on the Switch came out last month to rave reviews. That said, in 2015 the Journal reported that a live-action Legend of Zelda series was coming to Netflix, which turned out to be incorrect.
It’s far too early to tell whether or not Illumination can help Mario get past the jinx of video game adaptations — which includes recent high-profile disappointments like Warcraft and Assassin’s Creed — but at least we know that Mario and Minions are actually a pretty good fit.

>When reached for comment, a Nintendo representative said that “We have nothing to announce on this topic.”

>Illumination is involved

well fuck.

cloudy with a chance of meatballs wasn't made by illumination retard

Sony Pictures Animation did Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs user.

I really don't know how to feel about this. Movies based of popular videogames tend to be mediocre at best. And with illumination involved... I don't think this is gonna work at all.

You god damn fucking idiot, You full blown retard, SPA did that film not Illumination studios. The first film they made was Despicable Me.

I love how you get these faggots that think they know Sup Forums and all their flaws when it turns out they are the dumbest loser here.

>shitposting faggot deletes his post in shame
I guess they're human after all.

Uhh sweatie mario is more important.

That was Sony that made cloudy with a chance of meatballs, Universal is the owner of Illumination Entertainment.

>studio behind the minions
They’re just involved in terms of animation and nothing else right? RIGHT?

What I miss?

>Being made by the folks who created the Minions.

I'm just going to sit here and pray to god they don't shove a Mario version of Minions.

On one hand I'm happy it isn't Disney doing it, on the other hand, Illumination studio will make this Mario meets raving rabbits.

it was some dumbass who thought Illumination made Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs while shitposting about how bad the new mario movie is gonna be

> the major sticking point for Nintendo has been ensuring that the company is heavily involved in the creative process.
Call me naive, but hopefully Nintendo will keep them on a leash.
As open as Nintendo can be idea-wise, they do treat their characters very protectively.

I would've liked Sony for the job but whatever

No user went farther than that and tried to claim that all the years here how he found people so ignorant to hate the company that gave them Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

Why we cant have a paper mario or mario and lulgi moive

>I'm just going to sit here and pray to god they don't shove a Mario version of Minions.

Nintendo already did that, it's called the Toads. Early in Nintendo games Toads had acceptable at best voices like Toad's "I'm the best!" from Mario Kart 64 or the cute sounding "Gecko!" from Mario Party games. But after that? They reduced them to being these annoying never talking but grating sound making "Rarrraa!" with irritating high pitch tones.

So there are your "Mario Minions." Nintendo....fuck you. Fuck you for making these bastards so annoying to the ear when the earlier voices for them were the best.

I'll take 100 for shit that'll never happen.

>we will never get a sequel to the 1994 movie

But that cliffhanger

>paper mario movie
I... I want this.

Moviebob already had a twitter meltdown over it, declaring Mario deserves better.

Question: Why?

I like Mario, but the average Mario game has as much depth as the Minions movie.

As long as it has zero live action I'm looking forward to it. They've gotta pump it out before Martinet runs out of lives anyway ;_;

>implying a Mario movie needs to be deep to be good

It can still be dirt-simple and also be well-written.

>Mario movie
>done by americans
>gonna be filled with sjw shit
>memes
>market placement
>Emoji movie: mario edition
>sizzle reel

NO! NOT THE WHIP!

I am not saying a Mario movie needs to be "deep". I am freaking okay with a simple two guys on an adventure plot. The movie can be Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs kind of simple as far as I care.

The thing is that a) some people really expect such a movie to be deep (like Moviebob would only watch a movie that is like an edgier live action fantasy epos a la Lord of the Rings) and b) even as someone who likes the game I don't know if the characters lend themselves well to the screen.

I love the games and Mario because Mario and his friends have charming designs and it is fun to interact with the game world as part of playing a toy/game.

But how to translate that bizarre colorful world to a big screen? How do you suddenly give characters that had no personality whatsoever over the years aside of "nice guys who make funny faces", now at least the most basic character traits without not risking to upset some fans, because they think "this is not our mario".

Cripes, I hope Mario is silent.

>Movie comes out
>The characters -as in everyone- only make noises they also make in the games.
>No Mario saying anything more complex than "Let's-A-Go!"
>Bowser just growling.
>People will realize the characters were absolutely perfect for this studio, cause they have the depth of freaking Minions, but without banana jokes.

If Moviebob hates it I support it completely.

Nah, they should do a Paper Mario type deal. Everyone talks BUT Mario.

If Mario talks fully please for the love of god let Charles Marinet voice him and not some B list celebrity

Why not OLM?

I think Illumination will concede to Charles Martinet keeping his usual roles, but they'll insist on recasting everyone else.

I hope Daisy doesn't get a cameo. These bastards will ruin her. She's literally the best Peach clone.

Peach and Bowser, I feel, are more crapshoots depending on how Nintendo goes about it. Peach actually can talk, but Bowser has rarely said anything more complex than one word at a time while Kenny James has voiced him.

Bowser, Luigi, Peach, and pretty much everyone else sans Mario talks in the spinoff games like Super Star Saga.

I meant in terms of actual voice acting. Look at the intro to Odyssey for what I mean.
youtu.be/Utvj76F07C8

First rabbids, now minions.

What the fuck Nintendo?

I hope it's a "Enemy and Hero team up to take on a bigger threat" cliche. Bowser and Mario have hilariously good chemistry.

Theres no way martinet can do such a taxing job.

yeah, he is a pro, and has done pro shit before outside mario, but this is not a game that requires just grunts or an improv session like those microshows he once did at e3.

This is a full fledged 1:30h MARIO movie. A whole completely different beast, luckily, theres enough pro vas who can not only imitate the mario voice, but also giving it a proper personality.

Is this real ? i dont believe it.

Toads are awesome you're a moron

Because minions are annoying and their home series was poorly written lowest common denominator shit.

Learn to read.

Sup Forums but don't you know that the secret to being successful is:

1) Create yellow characters.

2) Make them annoying.

Look at The Simpsons and Spongebob. Yellow and annoying. The Minions just followed the formula that leads to success. Not even joking, make it yellow and annoying. It will give you millions.

>People forget Illumination made HOP

If this movie is yet another "CARTOON CHARACTER ENTERS THE REAL WORLD" plot I will fucking have a stroke

It is real, OP was just too braindead to provide a source in his post.

>Illumination
fug

The thing I don't like about Illumination is that their best movies only range at a "just ok", whereas their worse movies are garbage. And that doesn't bode well for fucking MARIO, the biggest video game person ever.

Nintendo better fucking set them straight. We can't have Illumination fuck this up. They probably will, but I hope they fuck it up as little as possible.

Nintendo has a death grip on their IP. Understandable since they're the only company that makes console videogames without also being an arm of a much larger corporation with diversified interests

When Ubisoft asked to do the Mario+Rabbids they sent a team over to watch them like hawks

This. Paper Mario and the Mario & Luigi series do it perfectly.

Get Treehouse to write it. Not even kidding. They're the ones responsible for the Mario RPG series' writing, and that shit is legit fucking hilarious. Let Illumination just do the animation.

>90 minutes of "What's that? You [insert plot development or observation]?"

that's a good point

If a Mario + Rabbids tactical RPG game can be actually pretty good, hopefully Illumination can make an actually pretty good movie

They first pitched it to Sony but then things happen.

Most likely this will also not happen.
Hence why can't Nintendo use OLM on this, at least with OLM at least we will get something.

It's like op wants us to trash talk Nintendo without context