HOWEVER

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v9WRG4e6m2s
abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=132674&page=1
cnn.com/2016/05/16/health/religion-lifespan-health/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy
youtube.com/watch?v=ffMnKoHPUKw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not an atheist, but what if Muslims are right?

If you believe in God to get brownie points to stay out of hell, that's precisely where you're fucking going for your Clinton-tier ideas.

>Muslims are right?

user pls

btfo

Pascal's "wager" has been debunked and gutted for DECADES as being stupid bullshit

welcome to the internet

Pascal's wager assumes that believing in the christian god causes no tangible difference in your quality of life while you're alive.
It also assumes there's only one possible god. What if the real god is a completely different one that sends you to hell for believing in the christian god?

Pascal's wager is retarded

>Says this
>posts no source
It's on the internet it must be true!

you can't carrot and stick somebody into being virtuous

THIS. ATHEISTS BTFO!

Kek. Atheists always scoff at Pascal's wager, then literally just repackage it as global warming alarmism.
>g-guys if we spend billions of dollars fighting global warming and it turns out to be a hoax, all that happened is we spent money on green initiatives
>if we don't do anything and it turns out to be real we will all literally drown and starve to death

I suspect God could detect such an insincere reason for religious belief, to the extent that it can even be considered 'belief' at all.

It's also a wager that supposes only two possible outcomes, but what if you take it and it turns out that Nordic Paganism was right? You might fail to die in combat and be brought to Valhalla by the Valkyries--and even if you are, the fact that you're spreading this wager around means there might not be enough souls there to win the battle of Ragnarok.

If you're going to believe in God, then do it for a good reason. Not this shit.

It also assumes that a God exists that rewards belief and punishes unbelief. What if there's a god of reason and skepticism that punishes anyone who believes in a deity without evidence, and only rewards those who live their life questioning his existence?

It's nonsense, considering there's an infinite number of gods who reward an infinite number of different behaviours, including atheism, agnosticsm, and beliefs that no one has even conceived of.

Atheists are fucking retarded

And what if you pick the wrong religion?
WORSE YET!
What if the right religion died and god gave up on us?
This is retarded.
Religion has it's part on society, but truth is: there's about 0,000001% of you being right, are you really going to live your life by the rules written by backwards savages thousands of years ago, when there's probably nothing in it for you?

With the sidenote that you are demanding things that are demonstrably real for something that isn't even demonstrably existent.
I mean there might be a dragon guarding the larder but i'd rather not starve now, so i'll wager the dragon not existing.

youtube.com/watch?v=v9WRG4e6m2s

I prefer the study's of Pascal's binomial identity rather than his Wager to be frank with you my retarded Deist brother. Maybe one day you will grow out of these childish toughts.
Anyway, gotta go, see ya.

Pascal's Wager is like the wage gap for Christfags.

I am God and if you don't give me all your money you will be raped by niggers for eternity.

According to pascals wager the rational choice is to gib me dats just in case.

>if I don't believe, I could get punished

That's the argument you're going with?

If you're aware of Pascal's wager and you elect to "believe," you've made a conscious choice and it isn't true belief, just a pantomime that you perform in the hopes that you'll trick god and get your post mortem goodies.

You still go to hell

>It also assumes there's only one possible god. >What if the real god is a completely different one that sends you to hell for believing in the christian god?

Well we can narrow down the list a bit.
HInduism - Believes in reincarnation, no reason to believe in it this life, respawn if your wrong and try again next life.
Buddhism - same as hinduism.
Wiccan - jk, this was made up in the 50's.
Judaism - No real concept of afterlife, probably can't get in unless you are born jewish anyways
Mormonism - Multiple levels of heaven, the "average decent people heaven" is still pretty rad and similar to normal christian heaven. No reason to waste a bet on this when you are already guaranteed a 4 star heaven.
Paganism - if the gods are so weak the can't keep people believing and practicing their religion for 2000 years then they are probably not worth bothering with.
Scientology - ayyee lmaos

That really narrows it down too a choice between Islam and Christianity, and one of those forbids bacon and alcohol.

>belief & you're right = heaven

fucking lol. less than half a percent of christians would go to heaven.

>Pascal's "wager" has been debunked and gutted for DECADES as being stupid bullshit
Nah, you take it seriously enough to get triggered by the proposition, unlike all those other propositions on the Internet.

How does a straw man prove Pascal's wager wrong? Pascal's wager is about premises and assumptions, something you'd know if you had gone through a single math class in a University.

What did you (You) me for nigger? My post was a joke. Fuck off little faggot nigger

>Fossil fuels are a limitless resource and we will never need to find an alternative to oil and coal. Never, ever, ever...

Except the difference is that greener energy is fucking helpful you retard.

Belief is not fucking helpful.

Nice strawman, idiot. Typical atheist.

Then why do atheists have worse life expectancies and recovery rates from curable diseases? Unless you're implicitly admitting you're all weak, limp-wristed faggots. Wouldn't surprise me since you're here justifying why you drive a Prius like a eunuch.

Whether or not you use the wager you lose almost nothing by believing in religion unless the religion mandates you do something retarded such as climb a mountain every day.

My personal arguement against atheism is that its being mighty presumptuous for something claiming to be skeptical, also that you lose absolutely nothing by believing in a religion.

>only two religions exist

There have been countless religions through human history and the only reason these still exist is because the ideologies were either appealing or were spread by force.

Maybe the Egyptians got it right and we'll all get our hearts(souls) eaten by a hippo croc for living like degenerate faggots and wasting time shitposting on an anime image board instead of praising the sun.

top kek

>Then why do atheists have worse life expectancies and recovery rates from curable diseases?

I mean you're wrong but I love that picture of data. So you're right.

I don't get what global warming has to do with Pascal's Wager.

>I mean you're wrong

In what way?

There is a finite supply of coal and oil. In theory we could potentially replace oil use with some kind of synthetic bio fuel but that's not likely to be a viable solution as the earth's population grows and we have to choose whether land is used for food crops or fuel crops.

>you lose absolutely nothing by believing in a religion.

The problem with the wager is that it contains a presumption of knowing the mind of God.

You can flip the wager to reward those who were honestly skeptical and punish those who believed simply out of blind-faith. This would be just as defensible as Pascal's formulation, and entirely offsets the value of the original to begin with.

abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=132674&page=1

cnn.com/2016/05/16/health/religion-lifespan-health/

What if the Hindus are right?

>Implying hell is worse than a world without kek

LEFT BOT AND RIGTH BOT=GODS POWER IN YOU HANDS

>not posting the full version

GOD LOVE ONLY ATEISTS NOW, COSE GOD IS ATHEIST BY SELF, AND COSE BELIBERS IS TARDED SLUTS

Religion in most of the first world acts as a social and in some cases psychological support system.

In the US, atheists are generally distrusted, and considered an out-group in a lot of circles.

It is fairly obvious when looking at health outcomes why religious people tend to outperform.

However, to strengthen that point, this difference doesn't persist in Nordic countries in which religion is not as meaningful in culture and social interaction.

If you do not embrace memetic kekism you will be banished of an enterity of being a beta cuck

Are you sure you want to take that chance?

You cant force yourself to believe something.

maybe god doesn't wan you to believe in him? Ever think of that? So all you believers are going straight to hell. You can't prove me wrong!

>Buddhist monks prayed for others and they lived.

Christcucks btfo. Buddhism religion best religion.

>Confirmation bias without any investigation into other factors at work

Clearly damning evidence.

Guess the longer life expectancy and better overall health of Japan which is very non religious is because of the great Satan.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy

did pascal take account of the lmaos in other parts of the universe and their gpds or the different ways a religion is interpreted?

>subjecting yourself to a God/Higher Power/various other spook
If you don't hold yourself as greater or equal to anything else in the universe you are a cuck

Shadilay, brother.

If I don't believe in God and try to take advantage of Pascal's wager, God will know I'm faking it and I'll still go to hell.

GODS POWER IN YOU HANDS=ATHEIZM
GODS SLAVERY=BELIVERS
WE HAVE:
ATHEISTS SLAVERY=BELIVERS

Maybe I'm a benevolent deity.

youtube.com/watch?v=ffMnKoHPUKw

Beautiful.

praise kek

I don't think "hedging your bets" counts as belief.

Alternatively a deity exists that hasn't revealed itself to us, yet still judges us for the things we do. Hell is reserved for the believers, and Heaven is reserved for non-believers.
Pascal's Wager is a shit argument.

But what if the real test is integrity?

what if the only people who get into heaven are the people that jerked off more then 10 times to natalie portman's tits and ass? checkmate atheists.

What if the real test is girth?

The Pascal's Wager argument is for cowards. That's obvious, right? Believing things cause you're scared.

Gaiaism isn't atheism, it's just a new version of Christianity for the cucks who can't get off on straight Marxism and need an apocalyptic threat to spice things up.

Doesn't Christianity embrace the potential good in nonbelievers? I though that was what made it special over any other religion; that you might not be faithful but you are still gibben duh opportunity to go to heaben :DDD

youre pretty fucking basic aren't you user? I really envy that.

I always wonder if the religion's God in question would accept such a wishy-washy argument like
>It makes more sense believing in a religion, I've got nothing to lose
I guess it depends on whether you believe you get into heaven for accepting God/faith or if you get in based on deeds and shit.
I don't know how different denominations of Christianity break this down comparatively. I went to a Presbyterian youth group at a friends church and it seemed like their stance was "Accept Jeses, Get Heaven", whereas it didn't seem that simple from a Catholic standpoint which I was raised in (need to go to mass, at least)

if you don't reply to this post your mom will die in her sleep tonight

pls no

'nothing' is good and relaxing

>My personal arguement against atheism is that its being mighty presumptuous for something claiming to be skeptical,
The creator of the universe gives you and a band of desert arabs {{{secret information}}} seems to be the absolute depth of delusional presumption.

>also that you lose absolutely nothing by believing in a religion.
You lose your rational mind.

It turns out that the long term cognitive dissonance of religion damages the brain's ability to think logically. You live in the delusion and suspend disbelief for so long that you no longer have a solid grasp of reality.

Thus

>VOTE GREEN

VOTE GREEN

>VOTE GREEN

Your #StrategicVote for the Green Party can unleash $10 million in federal matching funds. Build a party for the 99 percent. #VoteGreen2016

get out of my thread you cuck

>Only 8 religions have existed in the history of mankind.

>paganism is a single religion

>religions are only valid if they're at least 196 years old

You really need to get to work on that GED, Jamal.