>Seth Macfarlane to revive king of the hill

ITT: Turn a King of the Hill joke into a Seth Macfarlane joke
>So...Are you chinese or japanese?
>Hm, actually neither, you know? I'm actually from Laos, a country in asia
>Oh, sorry, you know... I just thought...
>No, no, I get it, it's fine, I kinda get that...(3 second silence) *sigh* I actually get that a lot

>Hey Peggy, remember that time when...

>(insert something that could be interesting here, then show a completely ordinarie scene involving peculiar characters)

you'd all shit yourself with rage if it turned out better than the original wouldn't you

I'd actually be pleased, but I can't picture a guy like him making something as golden as the original series.

>"Dusty old bones full of green dust" keeps going for 5 minutes

You know what? If Seth could actually somehow improve King of the Hill, I’d be all for it. I doubt you can, though. It was really good.

What makes Mike Judge cartoons great is the little visual gags and attention to detail. Mike Judge is subtle. Seth McFarlene is more "IN YOUR FACE" and makes sure you get the joke in case you didn't get the first time

I honestly do not believe he is capable of making it better than the original, but if he did then I'd actually be relieved.

>Dangit, this is worse than that time I tackled "Dandy" Don Meredith.

>"What's your dog's name?"
>"Doggie."
>"Yes, he's a doggie, what's his name."
>"His name Doggie."
>"Yes, Khan Jr. it's a dog, but what is his NAME?"
>"Ok ok, you know what? Steve. Alright? The dog's name is Steve, ok? Steve."
>"Ah .... Hey Steve! Who's a good doggie? WHO'S A GOOD DOGGIE?! Are you a good doggie? Yes, you are you doggie!"

>"Actually my name is Seung-Hui Cho, but uh, .... you know, it-it was just easier all things considered."

Seth is a talented writer, musician, and voice actor. He is capable of making it just as good as the original. He has been parodying things for years so he knows what made King Of The Hill so great.

How is orville? Better than star trek discovery?

By a light year. It's embarrassing for the STD crew.

>Better than star trek discovery?
Yes. It captures the Star Trek spirit better than Discovery.

On it's own merits, it's surprisingly okay, not nearly as much Seth MacFarlane-styled humor as you might think.

If Seth ever made a subtle joke in his life, I haven't seen it.

The only one I can remember that was sort of subtle was this joke about a Razor-Blade Comb, which I believe went like
>Peter mentions the comb during conversation
>Uses it
>Head starts to bleed, slowly
>Conversation is not broken up at all to mention that Peter’s Head is bleeding
But that’s all I can think of

Jesus christ when I saw the topic I thought you were saying it was really happening.

I think it's toning down and finding it's own voice. The episode about Sisko's wife and the robot was really great, and I think last weeks had a bit of a contrived plot but was really fun and had some nice comedic moments.

The first three seasons have some decently subtle jokes now and then.

It also helped that having an actual plot helps the jokes stand out more. The part where the robot takes the kids games and shoots it in midair genuinely made me laugh.

>Seth Macfarlane to revive king of the hill
I don't know how many times I have to say it...

Seth is NOT reviving KoTH. It's a fallacious rumor.

If anyone, Seth MacFarlane or otherwise, could improve upon Mike Judge's work, I would be impressed.

I don't know if Seth could write a conservative that wasn't a Looney satire.

It's not that hard to be better than discovery

I'm not daying Orville is bad, in fact save for the last episode it's been great, but there's more apt comparisons you could make to gauge quality.

This

He can write moderates, and could probably get right-winging moderates. He is friends with many outspoken conservatives. Adam Corolla, Death, is crazy conservative. He even had a pinnacle of conservatives, Rush Limbaugh be on the show.

>So...Are you chinese or japanese?
>Hm, actually neither, you know? I'm actually from Laos, a country in asia
-cutaway to buddha and jesus having a brutal fight with one another-

and that's the joke

Impossible because hank is too conservative for seth

Why would i? I like a lot of seths work. Still doesn't make him a good fit for king of the hill.

Who used the goddamn monkey paw?

The best running gag in the early episodes is that anytime there's ambient music (they're in a store, they're watching an infomercial, etc) it's always Chuck Mangione's "Feels So Good"

It's so difficult to separate the first three genuinely good seasons of Family Guy from the loveless, trundling monster it became.

For a long time I thought Chuck Mangione was just a character created for the show.

>The Bobby to Luanne marriage gets consumated

Ladybird talks to G.H.

>not only does it go on for 5 minutes, it also becomes a recurring gag at least once a season (like the giant chicken fight)

>After the 5 minutes Hank beats the child into a crying, bloody pulp

I don't think that's possible.
They would be too different and opinion would be based on taste, most likely.

>Seth is a talented writer, musician, and voice actor

My name is Haank Hiill and I am here to say, I sell propane and propane accessories almost every daay!

This is the Hank Hill show! Eh.. Heh heh.. I tell you what.

>it seems today
>that all we see
>is violence in movies and sex on TV
>but where are those good old fashioned values?
>*bell rings* YEEEAAHOOOOOOH

I can actually see this happening.