Transformers General - Titan Returns Edition

Old Thread Discuss TR.

IT SUCKS!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EcC8rVBIsL4
strawpoll.me/14391486
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We knew it would.

I'm just curious of how JDF sounds as Emissary.

>We will never see a TF series aimed at older fans that doesn't feel like a retarded fan animation.

Is it worse than Combiner Wars? Have any OCs shown up yet?

Slightly better, but still a heaping pile of shit.

>Hi, I'm Windblade!

Other than that, no.

Sadly no.

Its...kinda better? At least theres more characters. And Victor Caroli, thats pretty sweet.

But dear Primus, the ACTING. Awkward pauses everywhere! Are all of Machinima's shows this bad?

It is better, but that's not hard.
The audio is still shit.

The audio mixing and voice acting quality are so bad its actually just sad.

Animation has gone down the shitter anyway, unless you get a really prolific Japanese studio and pay them in dumptrucks filled with gold.

>Are all of Machinima's shows this bad?
They're known for being shit tier in everything, so yes.

New TF issues when?

bump

>Marvel's adaptation is perfect at replicating the G1 cartoon

I would honestly love to see a spruced up/tweaked Marvel and UK TF scrips redone with modern art. The art was always like washing your eyes out with lemon juice in early TF media.

Didn't Gi Joe Resolute start out like something like this ss small webisodes?

Next week

The difference here is nobody really cares about GI Joe

youtu.be/EcC8rVBIsL4

What is the best ending of the Marvel chronology?

strawpoll.me/14391486

And Resolute was actually good

Where can we watch this?

why is engenesis in that list

I wouldn't say good but it looked and felt way more professional.

I bet Wil Wheaton is just AWESOME in it.

He's ok as Perceptor but he's no Paul Eiding or even Jim Ward.

Shame he's a cunt irl.

bump

Seriously wish we could've had more adventures with these bots.

>Reminder that ROM is an IDWverse Green Lantern

Who is the Batman then? Prowl?

Somehow I keep finding myself thinking (incorrectly) that the Solstar Order has been around for a lot longer than 300 years. Not even sure why I want it to be a far older organization. Maybe because the Cybertronians extend back so extremely far? Just an error when dealing with the scale of a timeline for characters who are millions of years old.

....... I want to argue but I realized that Springer technically being an orphan would make him Prowl's Robin, and now I love the idea.

Space is a big place.

>TFW there will never be a bounty hunter/western like story featuring these 3
I just want different types of storytelling tropes in my transformer stories. IDW can attempt some capheshit stories with Senator Shockwave and his Uncanny Outliers or The Solstar Order Corps. Or a hard spy story with Punch/Counter-Punch and the other spy type bots.

>Springer technically being an orphan would make him Prowl's Robin
So that makes the Wreckers into The Titans right?

>Who is the Batman then? Prowl?
Add on top that the Prowl/Optimus dynamic is the IDW version of Batman/Superman. Yeah I can agree to that.

Death's Head isn't a character they can use. Same thing with Circuit Breaker.

Thanks be to based Marlel.

It is but that wasn't the point. Just noting that, for me, when the others were tacked on to the existing TF comic line I found myself still thinking in terms of their extremely extended history just by default. It's like a habit that's become hard to break.

Still an easier explanation is the cultivation of a sense of grandeur and mystery around the Solstar Order. An ancient organization dedicated to the righteous protection of the universe from an ancient malevolent alien scourge. I mean sure 300 years can be ancient enough for humans but in IDW there are organic species with much longer lifespans. You want something grand and ancient and mysterious? Blackrock dicking around on Earth since the times of Gilgamesh. Though that may just be what he was programmed to remember.

It's still clearly a personal issue. What I myself find fitting. You know, whatever.

>Same thing with Circuit Breaker
Just do for Death's Head what Furman did in Regeneration One with Circuit Breaker and make a new one with an already existing transformers' character.

My name is Desu Skull. Surely you are aware of my skills as a bounty hunter, yes?

Got to see that the Solstar Order is more of a body of government than anything else. The organization that can almost compare to the cybertronians is the Galactic Council and that was created only 16 million years ago. Also the Black Block Consortia only succeeded only recently from the Galactic Council.

>My name is Desu Skull
.......Dead Skull could probably work

No comics this week?

Optimus Prime comes out next week

>Dashiegames
>JDF
I've never been less interested in something

They have about the same survival rate don't they?

Who is the Terra of the Wreckers? Starscream Contract story arc when?

>MatPat as Computron

>Who is the Terra of the Wreckers?
Hyperion
"Out of Bullets" had Springer think about the three Ds that removed bots from the Wreckers: Death, dishonorable discharge and dementia. And seeing that Hyperion was a previous field leader and died post-wreckers and with Whirl being the Wrecker that go discharged. It's alluded that Hyperion had dementia.

But they don't talk?

>>Reminder that ROM is an IDWverse Green Lantern
he always been that.
well, Lawful Good Nice Holy Space Paladin Cyborg Lensman, but still the same thing.

It's much better than Combined Wars and is at least trying but the voice direction and sound direction are awful, city looks completely empty (They really couldn't model generics and scattered them around in the background?), and the frame rate is still shit but at least the characterization seem fine this time around along with a more coherent story and that makes a world of a difference. Also Perceptor is unironically great.

Can we talk about the fact that Long Haul actually spoke in TR.

so they're not combiners like in Energon where the limbs are just drones.

Yeah they at least fixed that after Combiner Wars just had all of the Constructicons beeping and making R2D2 sounds. Who the hell thought that was a good idea?

WE WANTED THE STAR WARS CROWD!
-Machina

It reminds me of RWBY, only with shittier everything, and robots.

And that already is a low level to work with.

Combined Wars made them out as if they were a different species, which I thought was weird.

Nah, the combiners do talk. It's the components that don't.

Predict how bad POTP will be

Chaos Theory bad.

But Chaos Theory is great? Is it not considered good or what's the deal.

It is? I didn't realize how low standards for stories have gotten.

What would you say is good then?

I like Chaos Theory purely in what is going on on the page. Almost none of the individual pieces hold up under scrutiny.

I can only assume you mean Chaos, and not Chaos Theory.

Chaos Theory was objectively good. Like, really, really good.

Well, you know what happens when you assume.

If they learn from the mistakes they make with this one, PotP has a shot of actually being decent. Say what you will about this current show but at the very least they improved on some of the errors they made with Combiner Wars and that's a good sign. It means they listened to feedback and worked on it.

>There will never be a one issue mini where Defcon, Lockdown, and Depth Charge are all chasing the same bounty

That's a good thing. Roberts or Scott would write it and it would be horrible.

>Everyone has gay subtext for each other

>the target is a hapless mini bot with an unjustifiably large bounty that gets away from them sabotaging and attempting to out-do each other.

At this rate is might be genuinely good.

TR adds more characters and doesn't waste (too much) time on pointless shit. If they can just improve the animation and horrid voice acting...

I keep forgetting Devcon exists.
Very underused, indeed.
... Though I'd rather have that one red/white/blue/black bounty hunter from the TFA Almanac be the main Autobot bounty hunter.

Throw in Crosswise and I’m set.

The worst possible thing they can do with POTP is make Primal an analogue to Beast Machines Primal/OOC Primal.
Judging by the description from the poll, though, we may have a weird combination of BW/Gorilla Warfare Primal coming up, which isn't as bad as BM munkky.

I just hope IDW is nice to my wife...

Whoops you guys weren't talking about the IDW storyline

I've mistake

Who's your wife?

The worst part about BM Primal is that it made him being a munky his whole character. He was obsessed with his organic aspect and it defined him. Whereas, outside of some jokes and teasing at his expense, in Beast Wars his alt-mode was just a thing he had. He was more like a well-meaning bureaucrat/science explorer thrust into being a leader.He wasn't necessarily the wisest or smartest, but he tried to keep things running and would step up to the plate and take the brunt of things when it was demanded of him. This all makes him a fairly interesting leader as far as TF goes.

but in POTP it seems his whole thing will probably be BEAST SAVAGE KING cause he has a beast alt-modes, and all beastformers must be defined by their beast mode.

Margaret Scott.

He'd still show up in the POTP series, probably

How do we know Primal will even have a beast mode? If this is all meant to be pre-Beast Wars, why would he?

>but in POTP it seems his whole thing will probably be BEAST SAVAGE KING cause he has a beast alt-modes, and all beastformers must be defined by their beast mode.

Yep. I'm not quite as put off by that inevitability as I am with the possibility of BM Primal. It is interesting he was in the "chaos" category, as well.

My wife is munkky.

He's king of Eukaris, a planet of beast formers.
Additionally, he's cameo'd once as one of Onyx Prime's soldiers, though that might have just been for fun.
(Along with Transmetal Megatron)

Oh, you mean in IDW.

I mean PotP.

Are you just coming from Maccadam's?

Yeah, I've got no clue what Machinima's gonna do with him. Anything's possible with that series.

Rodimus getting kicked off the ship and dealing with massive bullshit was probably the best thing to happen for his ego.

Forgive us for talking about the web cartoon thats currently adorning the OP post and assuming its still the topic of conversation.

Anyone else find it odd and just slightly distracting that Roberts uses dashes instead of commas for breaking up a thought?

The biggest problem with this is that Rodimus' characterization has actually regressed during the past few arcs away from the ship. He's back to being a spoiled brat.

>but in POTP it seems his whole thing will probably be BEAST SAVAGE KING cause he has a beast alt-modes, and all beastformers must be defined by their beast mode.

But PotP Primal turns into a surf board. Wouldn't that make him a radicool gnarly far out surfer dude?

>Rodimus being on the ship makes him a massive douche with an inflated ego
>Rodimus away from the ship makes him a spoiled bot that slagged the recharge slab
Maybe fucking up the matrix messed up his personality matrix

he did get nearly electrocuted to death
Perceptor said he wasnt even sure if it would be fatal or not

So pretty much Rodimus has severe brain damage
Honestly, that explains a few things

Hmm. What if that's the endgame to PotP(IDW)? That having the matrix deludes a bot's sense of self and makes them do crazy shit?
As in good boy munkky gets the Matrix, then suddenly begins a crusade to destroy all non-beastformers?

Who do you think you’re talking too.