How will Marvel update Jean for today's audience?

How will Marvel update Jean for today's audience?

Will she now be bisexual/lesbian? Feminist?

pls pls pls a Let it be a milfXYoung relationship with the young scott.

I fucking hope so

They'll have Logan fuck her.

Or, god help me, Namor.

She's going to fuck Namor.

Or Kurt.

They've already retconned Jean so she was never weak or unskilled in her powers as a teen, but instead deliberately held back so she wouldn't upstage and hurt the boys' feelings.

Reminder that, according to Sup Forums, stories whose premises are "Women cannot control themselves around Namor" are amazing based on that alone.

And they wonder why Namor doesn't have good stories.

no fucking way

It's one of those things that I guess was supposed to make her "strong", but sort of just made her a worse person who thought little of others and herself.

As always, the virtue signaling backfires. What a crock of shit. This doesn't make me think more of Jean Grey. This makes me think she's an enormous cunt.

Pretty sure that's the actual point user.

616 JG in that book is a total bitch btw, which I guess is the thing they are going to do with her now.

I don't know why female characters can't be normal. Why must they always be politically charged?

Claremont already handled that damsel in distress shit with alot more class and skill over 30 years ago.

Also, letting your teammates struggle when you could clear a battle isn't brave or smart...it's an asshole move. So this is just terrible writing all around.

Gonna be REALLY awkward when Kurt has to choose between Rachel and Jean.

I approve.

You approve of a retcon that reflects poorly on her as person?

The question should be whether you approve of retconning Jean as a bit of a bitch here, which is what they've been going for lately.

They gave her a crappy new outfit, I tell you what.

>Also, letting your teammates struggle when you could clear a battle isn't brave or smart...it's an asshole move. So this is just terrible writing all around.

If the character is trying to push their teamates so that they will learn and perform better I can accept this. Like, they keep their power hidden so that their teamates don't rely on them too much and grow themselves, but they are keeping close tabs on the battle so no one gets unduely hurt. I could accept that.

Doing it beacuse "I don't want to hurt the boys poor widdle fee fees" is total virtue signalling bullshit trying to win those SJW sheckles....which is insane since those people don't fucking buy comics.

Yes.

Doesn't that imply that she intentionally put people's lives at risk for no reason other than to try and make Summers and McCoy think they were cool? How many people died because of Jean's inaction, with this retcon?

I'm going to say a lot.

>fee fees
stop that shit, user.

nobody speaks like that and using baby talk yourself sounds pathetic.

I thought Xavier was blocking her powers, or was that retconned

Old Jean and Young Jean will battle to make the other a lesbian.

she was already a bisexual feminist. everyone written by claremont was a bisexual feminist

I see youve been browsing all summer

He killed her off before she could experiment with women. Then when she came back with X-Factor she immediately jumped on Angel's dick.

Politically charged is normal.

>How will Marvel update Jean for today's audience?
She'll be the same character she was before, but the complainers will act like it's "shoving politics down their throats" because it's Suddenly A Problem Now.

Other way around. "Normal" is politically charged now. Even basic consideration for other people is a controversial political issue now, let alone something like X-Men's pervasive themes of discrimination and identity which have been present for decades.